Halo: A shot in the dark

Started by Gladiator0161, August 18, 2010, 08:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter Phoenix

Sounds good dude :)

By the way guys, if any of you play Halo Reach online, please add me on xbox as I need more people to play teams with so that I can get used to working in a team and so that I don't get stuck with a bunch of crazy people who don't know what they are doing. My gamertag is HunterP13. I aren't awesome at the game yet and I do die quite a bit but I am getting better and it would be awesome to get to play the game with you guys :)
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Gladiator0161

Cool, I am online but, unfortunately I can't team up with you because I can't afford the gold addition, fifteen bucks a month is a little too pricey for me right now. But, I could message you if you like. My gamertag is Gladiator0161, add me if you like :)

Hunter Phoenix

Will add you dude :) or you add me haha whichever works :)
I know what ya mean about price, over here it is £5.99 a month
I'm not sure who's turn it is to post so I shall leave it for either Ashia or Venguard to post :)

Gladiator0161

Sounds good, I already sent you an add request :)

ashia starstreak

I read the posts and will reply tomorrow. I had a major headache yesterday and tonight I'm going dancing. Going to learn Some Beach tonight ;) come on left feet don't trip me now.

"A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested."

lordluma

Gladiator0161

I've been having a bit of back trouble the last couple of days so, I haven't looked at anything yet.

Hopefully I can read it all tonight, if my back continues to take it easy on me.

Gladiator0161

Lord Luma, first off thank you for the interest.

I'm afraid until you're accepted into the site I'm gonna hafta say no. When you're a full member of the site, we'll talk, ok?

Gladiator0161

Hey guys, I've read everything over a couple times, and I've posted but, now it's Vengurd's turn to post. Which, I'm actually talking to him right now on Skype, lol.

I'll see if I can't get a post out of him, lol :P

Vengurd

Not much of a post this time guys, wasn't as much for me to catch up on.

Hunter Phoenix

Yo guys hows things going? Waiting for a chance to drop a post in ;)

ashia starstreak

I hear that :) just waiting to see what Gladiator wants to do. It's his rightful turn. I don't wanna skip over people too much.

In the mean time I've been playing Mass Effect 3..kinda strange to start a game from the third one lol but it came with my new xbox so I thought, "eh, why the hell not." I was lost at first, but I like that game. Quite enjoy myself really.

Gladiator0161

I'll make a post shortly. Don't you worry, lol. I've been playing alot of Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim, and ofcourse, Halo Reach! As Vengurd and Hunter can attest to, lol.

Mass Effect 3 is cool, I watched alot of behind-the-scenes stuff over the net. I'm still stuck on ME 1 however, lol. This is gonna kill me as Yvonne Strahovski is one of my favorite actresses and she doesn't show up until the 2nd game, lol.

Did I mention I have a huuuuuuuuuuge crush on her? lol

Oh, before I end this comment. I'd like to ask all surviving and active members of this thread to describe their characters armor coloration, armor type (Spartan 1-6 armors, ODST, SPI, ect.) and any symbols/decorations they'd have. If you have a picture that's close, all the better!

I wanna draw this out into a comic, and when I'm done, I'll post it up here. :D

TyKing

Hey Halo RPers, I'd like to join you in kicking a little Covenant ass. I PMed Gladiator and he asked me to put up a short bio so here it be. There may be some differences from what I posted you, Gladiator, because when I read your plotline I realized I needed to tweak some of the bio information.

Name: Matthew 'Matt' Fry
MOS/Specialty: Engineer/Technician
Place of Birth: Rio de Janeiro

Background: Fry is your typical military volunteer in that he wants to do his duty but he'd prefer not getting killed while doing so. This causes him to be extra careful when it comes to dangerous assignments. He joined the USNC because his girlfriend joined and he didn't want the war to split them up. Both joined as marines but Matt couldn't see himself in a combat role and was proficient enough in technical aspects to qualify as a technical advisor. He's basically a glorified repairman for the marines, ODSTs and Spartans, but he's fine with that. Don't get the idea that he's a coward because he isn't, he just takes all precautions when it comes to avoiding death. You won't find him charging at the enemy with guns blazing.

Fry unexpectantly finds himself in the middle of a warzone when the ODST pod he was repairing malfunctions and throws him into the current scenario. If Gladiator accepts me, I'll post a catch up scene to get him to the group. Or if anyone has any ideas about how to get him there ex. saving his ass from the enemy. PM me with your ideas.

I've been playing a lot of Skyrim lately, and really like the new update's features. Some of those mage kill cams are freakin' awesome.

ashia starstreak

I think it's awesome yer gonna be a pvc :) My main character is a pvt, but she has a lot of experience, as the rp unfolds a lil bit of her past comes out. Although Hunter is a smart guy and has a good idea of Shana already and they just met.

As for pictures..you all know what Shana looks like. The npcs all look the same so that wouldn't matter to me Gladiator, but I am working on a picture for Jacobs and possibly O'brian, just don't know how to draw that idiot though lol I picture Jacobs as a younger version of the character 'Jack Shephard' from the show 'lost' but I like to draw my own characters so I'm sure my drawing will look a lil different from the real guy.

TyKing

There's not much difference between PFC and PVT. and I know Fry isn't a stickler for rank. I picture him as being a little more relaxed when it comes to regs. As far as looks go, I imagine he's like Brian Geraghty's character in the Hurt Locker.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm504466432/ch0148435

ashia starstreak

Drew up Sergeant Jacobs without his marine armor and helmet. I think he turned out pretty good.

Yes I know they're not that much different a mere rank apart from each other, that's why I mentioned it.

TyKing

It does look good. You also managed to tone down that 'deer in the headlights' look that Jack has.

Gladiator0161

Wow, Nice job on the picture Ashia! :)

TyKing, I read your bio and it looks pretty good. Welcome aboard :)

I do have one request however, when you write your catch up post, please make sure to mention whether you were at the briefing before this whole mess started or not, and please make it at least a paragraph in length, if it's gonna be short. If your catch up post is gonna be long, then write however much you want, lol.

I look forward to reading your material. Happy hunting xD

TyKing

Quote from: Gladiator0161 on April 14, 2012, 10:49:11 PM
Wow, Nice job on the picture Ashia! :)

TyKing, I read your bio and it looks pretty good. Welcome aboard :)

I do have one request however, when you write your catch up post, please make sure to mention whether you were at the briefing before this whole mess started or not, and please make it at least a paragraph in length, if it's gonna be short. If your catch up post is gonna be long, then write however much you want, lol.

I look forward to reading your material. Happy hunting xD

Thanks! I wrote a post. It's medium in length and I think it may take another one or two to catch up to everyone else. I just wanted to get PFC Matt Fry into the mix. Forgive me if I made any mistakes on the Halo lore, it's been almost three years since I played the game.

Gladiator0161

No problem man, we all make mistakes, lol. I'm not too picky about lore as I'm sure I dunno half of what I probably should for being a long time Halo gamer, lol.

Vengurd

Hi kids, I'm the picky one but I'm usually pretty good at not being a complete...douche for want of a better word (I mean, who knows if I'll get in trouble for using curse words in the non-adult section) about it.

Anyhow, I've read up and am prepping to post, however that can take anywhere from half an hour to a few days so if it takes a bit longer than anyone would like I don't care if I am skipped for a bit, it would give me a bit more to catch up on anyway.

ashia starstreak

I didn't notice that look in Shephard's face when I was drawing  Jacobs but now I can't help but see it.

Well if you do get in trouble for cursing I'll send in my request to be the lucky one to punish you ;) Course a plus about this thread is everyone is respective and we all have plenty of patience for each other.

TyKing

So cussing is out in the Non-Adult forum?

And it may take me some time to catch up also, I only have enough free time on the weekends to write. Feel free to continue on, I'll catch up soon.

Vengurd

I honestly don't know. Its been so long since I've taken a look at the rules. They probably don't care so long as we don't do it excessively but I'd rather not say that, cuss a bunch then get in trouble. Doubt that is what would happen but hey, I've seen crazier things on the internet before.