What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Quote from: Xiphon III on January 28, 2011, 02:06:33 PM
I like eternal darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Quite fun, kind of scary. As your character goes slowly insane, you lose confidence in that fact that what you see s the truth. You hear things that aren't there. You don't see things that are. And your character's sanity translates directly into your game interface. It will black your TV, faking an unplug. It will PRETEND TO CORRUPT YOUR SAVE DATA. It just...it messes with your head, man.
Yeah, but when you quickly realize that the volume control displayed is not your T.V.'s the shock value wears off very quickly. It was unique but it didn't exactly last.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

So.........Now that Okami-Den has a release date (March 15th) I have a connundrum..I want to pre-order it, but both gamestop and the Capcom store have different pre-order bonuses. D:

Gamestop:

Capcom:

*Flails* I dunno what to get! D:

Yorubi

I really like the first one, the key chain thing just looks... meh to me. I don't know though I'd want both myself too.

Playing Champions Online here myself, mostly customizing but yeah... playing a little bit.

Wolfy

Buuuut..the Keychain is so adorable...And also apparently Rare. :/

Yorubi

Wolfy

Not so...I can't pre-order it yet. :/ I don't have the money at the moment...soo..if they're all gone by the time I do get the money, I guess that makes my decision for me. lol

Yorubi

I thought though if you pre-order they don't actually charge you for it till its actually purchased?

Wolfy

Quote from: Yorubi on January 29, 2011, 01:05:20 AM
I thought though if you pre-order they don't actually charge you for it till its actually purchased?

I'm not sure. :/

Wolfy

Dead Space 2 - Hand Cannon (reward for finishing hardcore mode)

PEW PEW! BANG BANG!

Primary Fire: Pull RT to go Bang Bang.
Secondary Fire: Click RB to go pew pew pew.
Real Space. Real Terror. Real Foam.

Xiphon III

Wlfy: Is it that a cover thing and pen for the wii draw? Or something completely different?

Wolfy

Quote from: Xiphon III on January 29, 2011, 04:10:08 PM
Wlfy: Is it that a cover thing and pen for the wii draw? Or something completely different?
No, those are Pre-order bonuses for Okami-Den. A Paintbrush Stylus ande a Cleaning cloth.

Hemingway

In a fit of desperation, I got the Platinum Edition of Dawn of War. Which includes Dark Crusade. It has the Tau, which I approve of. It's also ridiculously hard. Which I don't approve of as much.

Inkidu

I can't believe anyone can beat Dead Space on hard core difficulty. :(

I think the enemies might do normal damage, seriously that's the only way they could justify it. So maybe it's just a limited resource nightmare with three saves.

What the hell were they thinking. Heaven forbid I have to shut off my Xbox. So lame; plus you have to fully upgrade the plasma cutter for the hand cannon don't you?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on January 29, 2011, 06:52:00 PM
I can't believe anyone can beat Dead Space on hard core difficulty. :(

I think the enemies might do normal damage, seriously that's the only way they could justify it. So maybe it's just a limited resource nightmare with three saves.

What the hell were they thinking. Heaven forbid I have to shut off my Xbox. So lame; plus you have to fully upgrade the plasma cutter for the hand cannon don't you?

? Nope, just beat Hard Core.

Why do you think it's called Hard Core mode? Cause you have to be Hardcore devoted to do it. It's no different than say, older Resident Evil games, or hell, games that only use Checkpoint systems.

Also mind that you can save at any save station...you just only get 3.

Tonalberry

There's a game I was thinking of picking up from Wal-Mart, cause it's only 20 bucks.  Can't remember the name, but it looks like a post-apoc MMO.  Something Earth: Bloody Dawn, or Something Dawn: Bloody Earth, or something like that.  Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on January 29, 2011, 07:46:18 PM
? Nope, just beat Hard Core.

Why do you think it's called Hard Core mode? Cause you have to be Hardcore devoted to do it. It's no different than say, older Resident Evil games, or hell, games that only use Checkpoint systems.

Also mind that you can save at any save station...you just only get 3.
Look I beat Dead Space on impossible. This isn't a challenge it's just frustrating. Hell I just wanted to make it to the first store in the game but I ended up getting ganged up on and dying, and I have to start back at the beginning cut scene. It's worse than checkpoints. It forces you to set up some arbitrary system of doing so many chapters next to flawlessly. I don't save because I want to cheat, I save because I want to quit.

If they had made it hellishly hard with limited resources that's one thing, this mode just makes it where only people who can devote six hour stretches can do it. It takes on average eight hours to beat the game. So you have to play for three hours at a time. Jeez heaven forbid I want to move onto something else. Plus the latter half of the game has a lot of really overly-difficult challenges. I've played Resident Evil and yes they gave you limited saves, but more than three.

Seriously the first half of the game is challenging and mobile. The second half of the game, you will die cheaply.

Tonalberry

Quote from: Tonalberry on January 29, 2011, 08:02:46 PM
There's a game I was thinking of picking up from Wal-Mart, cause it's only 20 bucks.  Can't remember the name, but it looks like a post-apoc MMO.  Something Earth: Bloody Dawn, or Something Dawn: Bloody Earth, or something like that.  Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Bleh, Fallen Earth: Blood Sports.  That's what I was thinking of.  Anyone hear play it?

Xiphon III

Never played, but heard it's fairly decent. Hearsay though, so take it with a grain of salt...

Oniya

Quote from: Inkidu on January 29, 2011, 08:03:34 PM
Look I beat Dead Space on impossible. This isn't a challenge it's just frustrating. Hell I just wanted to make it to the first store in the game but I ended up getting ganged up on and dying, and I have to start back at the beginning cut scene. It's worse than checkpoints. It forces you to set up some arbitrary system of doing so many chapters next to flawlessly. I don't save because I want to cheat, I save because I want to quit.

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter had an interesting way of allowing/encouraging limited saves.  You could enact a 'temporary save' at any time to quit the game, but when you started your game up again to continue from that save, the file went bye-bye.  If you died, you could only go back to a 'hard save', which was done at designated save points, and with the use of a 'Save Token' that you found in-game.  I made it almost to the end with only one 'hard save' (naturally, by Murphy's Law, near the beginning) and then ended up underestimating a group of worm-critters. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

And that would be great, but it's not how it is with Dead Space 2 sadly.

I'm waiting for the update that removes or extends the save cap on that game. It has to be coming. Because it's not challenging it's just inconvenient.

Wyrd

Quote from: Inkidu on January 29, 2011, 08:32:19 PM
And that would be great, but it's not how it is with Dead Space 2 sadly.

I'm waiting for the update that removes or extends the save cap on that game. It has to be coming. Because it's not challenging it's just inconvenient.

Is it still worth a buy though? I played the demo a few times and loved it. But I don't want to be angry at it all the time
Ragtime Dandies!

Inkidu

Quote from: Wyrd on January 29, 2011, 08:34:54 PM
Is it still worth a buy though? I played the demo a few times and loved it. But I don't want to be angry at it all the time
Oh, yes. You don't have to play it on hard core mode at all. It's just I got all the achievements for Dead Space and I was looking forward to getting them all for Dead Space 2. It's just going to take a butt load of dumb luck for me to beat hard core mode.

ausyandy

I'm just cruising the 50's-era streets in Mafia II.

Hemingway

Quote from: ausyandy on January 30, 2011, 07:33:40 AM
I'm just cruising the 50's-era streets in Mafia II.

Underrated game, in my opinion.

Sabby

Quote from: Hemingway on January 30, 2011, 09:09:07 AM
Underrated game, in my opinion.

I loved it too ^^ Even if it was humping GTA4's leg... seriously, presentation was IDENTICAL, right down to button prompts...