Interest check: Japanese Anime High School Rp

Started by OmegamanX, January 21, 2012, 06:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OmegamanX

Hello I am trying to get a Japanese High School rp going. However I will be needing help to set things up. Such as location, names, etc etc. This post will be to see how many people is interested in rping student life, and to see what we can add or not add into the rp. This post will be open for 5 days at most to get most ideas and opinions down before we create the actual rp.
“But with dogs, we do have “bad dog.” Bad dog exists. “Bad dog! Bad dog! Stole a biscuit, bad dog!” The dog is saying, “Who are you to judge me? You human beings who’ve had genocide, war against people of different creeds, colors, religions, and I stole a biscuit?! Is that a crime? People of the world!”

“Well, if you put it that way, I think you’ve got a point. Have another biscuit, sorry.”
-Eddie Izzard

AndyZ

Tentatively interested.  Would this be just a mundane setting or would the occasional crazy sci-fi and fantasy antics occur which are common to such settings in most anime?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Miyu

Depends AnyZ, if he means Japanese high school it will be just that mundane Japanese high school. However if he means Anime high school things can be different, I am interested whichever.

OmegamanX

Well of course I mean Anime, and thats something Im having a problem, should we have something crazy like something from personia or something else? Or be more of a comedic/romance anime? Thats what im not certain of.
“But with dogs, we do have “bad dog.” Bad dog exists. “Bad dog! Bad dog! Stole a biscuit, bad dog!” The dog is saying, “Who are you to judge me? You human beings who’ve had genocide, war against people of different creeds, colors, religions, and I stole a biscuit?! Is that a crime? People of the world!”

“Well, if you put it that way, I think you’ve got a point. Have another biscuit, sorry.”
-Eddie Izzard

Miyu

I might work on a small system game based on a anime high school, that way I will have a system so nobody goes powermod. I think there is a rp already based on Persona if I am not mistaken.

OmegamanX

I see but I dont want to do a personia rp I want to do a Japanese Anime High School rp.

-Eddie Izzard

AndyZ

I'd suggest going wild with it.  Scary one day, crazy the next, funny after that.  See what sticks.

Presumably the characters will be mostly normal humans, but maybe have just a few things which set them apart, minor magical talents or such maybe.  Depends on if you want to go that route.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Miyu

yep yep that would be a typical anime high school, I said the persona thing because I though you said something about persona

OmegamanX

I dunno about mixing it up I would rather just pick one and stick with it and I said personia because it got the idea from playing Persona 3, I was thinking "Wouldnt it be great just to play the game without having to worry about the fate of the world hanging over your head all the time?" So I figured why not make a High school rp?

-Eddie Izzard

AndyZ

Quote from: OmegamanX on January 21, 2012, 08:05:46 PM
I dunno about mixing it up I would rather just pick one and stick with it and I said personia because it got the idea from playing Persona 3, I was thinking "Wouldnt it be great just to play the game without having to worry about the fate of the world hanging over your head all the time?" So I figured why not make a High school rp?

When you're in high school, though, doesn't everything feel like the fate of the world is hanging over your head anyway?

"S/he doesn't like me!  What do I do?!"

OmegamanX

no I never felt that way im talking about, if you dont defeat this enemy the entire earth will become nothing but a wasteland of fire and ash.

-Eddie Izzard

AndyZ

Eh, fair enough.  I didn't get very far in the first Persona and didn't play the others.

I would love to see something about mystical powers and such, maybe people have to keep their abnormalities secret, and so on.  However, a purely mundane game can be interesting if the action keeps going rapidly.

HollowX

I'll be interested if it's with some supernatural things. Playing a type of psychic would be fun I think

terrorvisions

I don't know if any of you have seen the anime Baka and test but if you are looking for something with human characters and some extra abilities it approached that problem from an interesting angle. The characters had virtual avatars with fighting powers equivalent to their standing in specific subjects relative to the other students. It could be tweaked in what ever manner everyone thought was good. I just thought that might help I'm not sure exactly what you all are looking for though.

OHWceta

I've been looking to start or join a highschool type RP.

If it's still open keep me updated when there's enough to get an RP started up and what Info I need to include.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

OmegamanX

huh...well the reason why I want to avoid powers is because I dont want fights breaking out and people power modding like. This guy uses fire fist and the other guy goes, "useless im immune to fire thanks to my spirit guardian bear." [trust me it happened before...totally ruined the rp because we were stuck in that once scene, couldn't progress to the next day because of those two idiots.] But yeah I know mundane is boring, but its the only way that we can be sure no one is over powered.

-Eddie Izzard

Laughing Hyena

Could always play a children's card game? ;-)

Or on a more serious note you could do other genres to keep it out of powers and maybe into say mystery or horror or such on the light hearted side to keep things varied and interesting.

kingmaster1

In any case I love high school stories so, paranormal or not, I would like to be a part of this  ;D

Haibane

If the game is mundane, I'd be interested. If the game involves fully mundane humans but there is a central strange happening as a plot driver, or something paranormal the students need to puzzle out or combat or investigate I'd still be interested.

I would not be interested in a game where students have powers.

Snake

I can get into this set up regardless if it's mundane or not.

MidnightKisses

In this world it is not faith that saves us but defiance.

OOs

OmegamanX

Hmm well we can always have a romance/comedy sub plot if that interests people.

-Eddie Izzard

OHWceta

Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

Haibane

Don't go thinking of changing anything on my account, I was just expressing a preference. All characters without powers and I'm in, otherwise you have fun without me!

OmegamanX, if you did want a main plot that was fringing on the odd, peculiar and paranormal, I can supply you one. It was used in another HS RP I was in on another site, but its a very long-term storyline and will need committed players. It's set in a normal contemporary high school.

OHWceta

So how soon can we get this show on the road?