Started by Caradoc, May 27, 2016, 08:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

Name: Emma Cordero
Alias: N/A
Birthdate: 17 August 1985
Legal Status: Alive, LAPD Detective, no criminal record
Class: Cop

Current Location: East Los Angeles, California.
Family: Patricia Flores Cordero (Mother), Manuel Cordero (Father, deceased), Esteban (Steven) Cordero (Brother, ADA for LA county)

Emma's father was a police officer, killed in the line of duty when she was fifteen and her brother was nineteen.  Manuel was killed by his partner during a foot pursuit, and though there were hints that the other officer was on the take, the investigation eventually ruled that Manuel's death was accidental and his partner was cleared of any wrongdoing.  Manuel's wife Patricia blamed him, however, and his attempts to visit afterwards and to give the family money to help with expenses were rebuffed.

A few years later her brother was working his way through law school, and already showing promise as an attorney.  Despite Patricia's insistence that both her children could get a college education if that was what they wanted, Emma knew that her mother was already working much too hard for her children.  Deciding she would rather help the family financially, Emma joined the force after graduation.

But things went wrong at the Academy almost from the start.  Her father's former partner had since earned the rank of captain and thanks to him it was generally believed that it was Manuel who had been the dirty cop.  As word got out who Emma was, she took more and more flak from fellow cadets and even officers.  She was ready to quit, but decided that would only confirm the rumors and toughed it out.

Once an officer herself, she began to realize the full extent of the corruption.  Most of it was small in itself, but together it added up to a police force that seemed rotten to the core and she wanted to do what she could to fix it.  Thanks to her situation, she decided the best thing she could do was to set herself up as a sort of double-agent, acting the part of a cop on the take to gain trust, then quietly turning in the worst offenders.

This was easier said than done, however.  To play her role, she often had to break her own moral code, and found herself drifting slowly away from her family.  Worse, as months turned into years with no end in sight, her mission seemed more and more hopeless.  It would be so much easier and simpler to give up her double life and become what she seemed to be, and with little to no outside support that idea was supremely tempting.  Making the rank of detective, as she recently had, only made it easier to cover things up, until she felt completely torn in two.

(Note: Her undercover mission can be semi-official but off the books, where only one higher-up knows what's going on, or something she's doing on her own -- whatever's easiest.  Also, I'm terrible at finding character images so I'm still working on that part.)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Caradoc

work for me. Approved. We'll start working her in as soon as we get a bit further in Inks/Savi's origin intro. Thanks for joining.
So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Callie Del Noire

I could see her doing favor for favor with Kelly

Callie Del Noire

Anyone else current with the new seasons yet?? I'm wondering what hanging story threads are still lingering out there.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
The 'computer melting' virus will come up I'm thinking.

Caradoc

I am up on all episodes so far. I was really surprised at what happened last episode.

While I can't wait to see what they do, I really don't want it to end.

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Caradoc on June 04, 2016, 01:20:35 PM
I am up on all episodes so far. I was really surprised at what happened last episode.

While I can't wait to see what they do, I really don't want it to end.

Agreed I was hoping that some things would turn out other than the way they did in the episode

Was hoping for more angry shaw sex for one. :D

The machine choosing a voice, Root's comments on immortality and finally her fate.. Sigh..

The threat from Harold though.. That has me scared.. What happens when a man as deep as him, as moral as him.. Surrenders to all that pent up rage. I mean.. We are talking what.. Nearly 50 years of hiding and running?

Inks

Ya'll are torturing me.

I won't get this season for at least three months after it finishes.
                           As of 4/9/2018: Extremely Selective of New Games

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inks on June 04, 2016, 01:57:10 PM
Ya'll are torturing me.

I won't get this season for at least three months after it finishes.

Really? I thought the season pass was up for everyone with iTunes... I am spoilering everything I can boo.. So not to spoil it for you.. But like me tell ya.. It's killing me Smalls NOT to talk openly about it.

Inks

I refuse to buy into Apple anything. I'll check Amazon and see if I can get something there.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inks on June 04, 2016, 02:08:30 PM
I refuse to buy into Apple anything. I'll check Amazon and see if I can get something there.

Sorry, I'm a long time user from before it was chic and my apple desktop was one of the ones you could rip apart (My Mac Pro holds a processor set 5 years newer than the rest of it.)

Didn't mean to trip things

Inks

No need to apologize. I just have a perpetual problem with how Apple does and has always done business. Not your fault at all!

Like I said, I'll check Amazon ^^

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inks on June 04, 2016, 02:26:49 PM
No need to apologize. I just have a perpetual problem with how Apple does and has always done business. Not your fault at all!

Like I said, I'll check Amazon ^^

I disagree with some of the practices and I work for Apple. I do think their iOS sandbox has some very good and very bad points for example.

It is what it is.. The media side of things.. I try not to blame Apple too much about that though.. They are clients to the media conglomerates who are epically foolish in their reluctantance to embrace a new method of market development.

If those grognards had their way we'd still be on VHS and Vinyl.

Caradoc

And on another front, one of the NPS's the team may be working with:

Name: Alex Winters
Alias: Mirror
Birthdate: June 12, 1985
Legal Status: local law enforcement know he’s questionable, but so far he’s never been arrested or, more importantly, printed.
Class: gadgeteer/con man/magician
Skills: parkour, slight of hand, throwing (usually cards), special effects, lock picking, vocal mimicry, small gadgetry, electronics.

Alex was on his own from early on. His mother gave him up, not even fully finishing the paperwork when she took him into the agency. He never knew who his father was. By the time he hit 11 years old, he figured out “the system” was for suckers. He spent most of his early teens roaming the streets and learning about whatever interested him.

Alex was quick witted and light fingered. With a few pointers from people he pestered into teaching him along the way, he became adept at juggling, slight of hand, and pickpocketing. He developed an early interest in magic, and broke into various theaters (developing his larceny skills) to learn how magicians did their tricks. He started developing a few of his own.

He left the agency, orphanage, whatever you want to call it, at 16. He’s been on his own since. He’s managed to put together a studio apartment that’s part living space and part workshop. He very much lives for the moment. Seeing what he has on the streets and in the system, he loathes bullies of every kind. That mind set has gotten him in trouble and also endeared him to various people.

Alex does pretty much what he wants. He follows his own whims and code, and has no use for the sheep that let themselves get taken advantage of or won’t stand up for themselves. He does occasionally find himself doing things to protect the little guy, usually wondering what he’s getting out of it and why he’s doing it.

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Callie Del Noire

I won't lie.. I'm very curious as to how I get recruited. :D

johnnyboyboy

I have been watching this for awhile and I'm kind of interested, maybe the Medical person but I'm not sure how much they would really be involved.

But Regardless I'm still interested and will throw a character sheet up in a bit.
Just some quotes.

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.”

"As time goes on, and our paths continue to unfold  though I do not know what will happen, whether we  continue together through life, all that I ask of you is that you remember me."
On/offs https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=205898.0

Inks

Callie Del Noire

My favorite 'medic' scene in the series is a tie..

The one from the first season is Finch walking in with a dying Reese and basically throwing a bag of money at this coroner

The other is Shaw holding drug dealers hostage when she fixes herself, only to pass out, get caught..and STILL fuck up everyone in the room and walking out.

Caradoc

Quote from: johnnyboyboy on June 04, 2016, 04:31:47 PM
I have been watching this for awhile and I'm kind of interested, maybe the Medical person but I'm not sure how much they would really be involved.

But Regardless I'm still interested and will throw a character sheet up in a bit.

A medic would be great. I'm sure between me and my co-conspirator we can find a way to get you as involved as you'd like.

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Inks

For those not quite integrated into the story yet, or unaware, the thread itself is over here.

That aside -- Callie, I edited my last post to have Savi reaching out to Kelly to begin the recruitment process. I took a tiny bit of liberty with the minute download in order to make it work~

Callie Del Noire

Thinking how Earp would react   She didn't set up the system  Holliday did   She's run the line and relocated but Billy was the tech weenie  and she has his notes an gear

Trying to think if she gives you the 180 second interview then pulls the line and changes sites or demands a meet

Valerian

Quote from: Inks on June 05, 2016, 02:31:04 PM
For those not quite integrated into the story yet, or unaware, the thread itself is over here.
I'm following along and waiting for my cue.  :)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Callie Del Noire

I hope I wasn't too blunt but them I remind myself Shaw shot Reece in their first encounter

Inks

Not sure there's such a thing as too blunt when someone just tracked you down through a one minute download, honestly.

That being said - I'll get to replying shortly. Like Doc, I don't have a standard 8-5 job so some days I'm up until 0400, others, I'm gone by 2200. Thank you all for  your patience!

Callie Del Noire

sounds military from your time usage. :D

Inks

No. All our clocks in the house are 24 hour standard, phones and computers included so its usually what I see.