Cookies?

Started by Blinkin, November 13, 2013, 11:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

Hi Gang:

This one isn't a problem so much as just needing advice and instructions.

Using Windows XP (Yeah, yeah, I know, why am I using a dinosaur) and IE 8.

I need to delete my temporary Internet files and browser history, but I NEED to keep a specific cookie. After months of frustration, I have finally gotten my computer verified as being the correct computer and access my bank account... but if I delete the information in my temp. internet files, I'll have to go through it again and I have no idea if this will trigger another months long fight to get the page to load properly again... so I want to keep that cookie in tact.

My question is, where are the cookies and tempt internet files stored on the hard drive? I can go into there and save the cookie and delete everything else... or, is there a way to keep a particular cookie(s) from being deleted in a general purge?

Thanks,

Blinkin
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Oniya

There's no way to flag it through the automatic deletion, but there's a manual way to delete cookies selectively.

Click on the Tools menu, then click Internet Options.  Under "Browsing History" click Settings then in the next (pop-up) screen click View Files.  From there you should be able to see your cookies (cookie@USERNAME . . . ); click on them then click delete to delete.  You can shift-click to select several adjacent cookies to delete at the same time.

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Blinkin

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Vekseid

Since you're blind, I would be careful with shift click as it deletes a range.