Will Malware Bytes and Windows Security Essential run on the same computer?

Started by Wolfy, April 27, 2012, 09:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Sarena

I'm not 100% sure, but if I recall correctly, you're supposed to uninstall your spyware stuff before installing MSE.  Microsoft Security Essentials acts as an antivirus and antispyware program, so the other is not needed and might cause conflicts. 
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Sarena

Yeah, just went and did some digging.  The two programs do not work and play well together on Windows XP; however, they run well together on Vista and 7.  So you shouldn't have any problems, Wolfy!

Source:  http://www.computercourage.com/antivirus/make-malwarebytes-and-microsoft-security-essentials-play-well-together-in-windows-xp/
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Wolfy

Yeah. I had Nortons, but I uninstalled it and installed MSE and it's been working well. I just want to get Malware bytes for an extra layer.

Oreo

I have Win7 64bit working quite well with Kapersky, MalwareBytes, and Spybot. ^^ I like using the second two to make sure Kapersky has nabbed everything. So far, nothing has made it past my Big Green 'K' machine.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin