News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

ExXxalted game

Started by DreadD, December 14, 2009, 01:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadD

Now, I apologize for the wishy-washiness of this request in advance.

Basically, I've been reading through the Exalted books lately, and been a little surprised at how incredibly sex-focused a large quantity of their text is, and, well...  I went "Hey, I know somewhere where we could actually do something with all that subtext."  The only problem is, I don't really have the experience with Exalted to think I can actually RUN the game.  I'm mostly wondering if I can find other people interested, and if we can put some sort of plot or find a GM who wants to run it together.

Anyone in for a little Higher than High Fantasy playing about?

Cold Heritage

Which edition, and which group were you interested in playing?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

DreadD

A fair question, the only edition I have access to any books of is...  Well let me go check...  2nd, at present, so I suppose that was the edition I was considering.  As for "Groups" I presume you mean Solars/Abyssals/Infernals/Et al.  What I would hope to see in the game would quite possibly be a mixed group for...  Optimal potential, though undead make me feel, er...  Awkward when it comes to certain kinds of RPing so I, at least, would not want to be involved with any deeds with Abyssals.  If a GM has an idea for a game that requires a unified group of one type, I'd be willing to work with that, but I can beg, borrow, and steal most of the books I'd need to find out stuff about the various types as needed, so I have no specific type in mind.

Though I must confess a preference for using the merit/flaws system from Scroll of Heroes (if that's the right name) in character creation.

Empyrean

I'd be interested in being the GM for this. I think I could come up with something that allows for a mixed group setting that allows for the erotic text to be applied. :)

Yosho

If a GM has been found and this game gets off the ground, you could count me in.

Plot Hooks

Same here.   Now,  I don't want to do anything illegal,  but I would kill a man,  in front of his own mama,  for a good game of exalted.   And if anyone tried to testify against me,  I'd gouge their eyes out.
"Cut me down or let me run.  Either way it's all gonna burn." - Joe (The Protomen)

Ons/Offs       Ideas          A/A

DreadD

Well, we seem to be off to a decent start, Empyrs.  Three players at least should be enough to at least start considering what all you want to do ^_^

Raveled

Exalted can be fun.  Might as well throw my hat in.

Also, I laugh at the idea that there is subtext in Exalted.
O|O A|A Ideas

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All the people in the whole world. I mean everybody. No matter how boring or dull they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, stupid, wonderful worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe." Neil Gaiman

Empyrean

This does indeed look promising. So do you all have any idea of what you'd like to play yet? Keeping in mind that Abyssals are out as are Fair Folk. The rules for the Raksha are very confusing and headache-inducing I've found. Solars, Lunars, Sidereals, Dragon-Blooded, and Infernals are all allowed and encouraged.  I won't stop you if you want to play a Heroic Mortal, Ghost, Demon, or one of the Blooded characters, but what I have in mind so far is something that might not be friendly to those types.  Also, the Flaws and Merits from the Scroll of Heroes is allowed, and if Alchemicals comes out before we start play I'll happily allow them in too. :)

Raveled

Well, my default is Lunars.  Let me dig around in my stable, see what pops up for fresh air.
O|O A|A Ideas

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All the people in the whole world. I mean everybody. No matter how boring or dull they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, stupid, wonderful worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe." Neil Gaiman

DreadD

Hrm, well, on some level I tend to try to get a feel for the setting and *then* design my character rather than vice-versa.  If nothing else, I'll see what everyone else wants to play and see if I can't fill in any party effectiveness gaps that might show up.

Though, to be fair, playing some sort of socialite in this game has some appeal, probably Solar/Lunar at that point, I suppose.

Empyrean

A Solar or Lunar socialite sounds awesome. :) I'm still working up the setting in my head but I don't imagine there being a lot of direct combat (unless that's what you all want). I hope to be able to give you a clearer idea by the end of today or tomorrow. :)

Muse

*Throwes himself down on his knees and grovels.* 

May I play? 

Would you like Chocolate the sexy night caste courtesean trying to take down the drug trade?  Yume the busty martial artist?  Someone else/  Anyone? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Raveled

I'm thinking either an enigmatic No Moon sorcerer/shaman, or else a Changing Moon monkey/thief.  So plan around those.
O|O A|A Ideas

prurientelf

Players still being sought for this?  I'd love to play a naive and nubile Eclipse or the Abyssal counterpart if it is a darker campaign.  What sort of themes will be explored in this game?  What type of limits/scenarios? 

Plot Hooks

I would love to play one of two characters.    C/p from my Ideas thread...

The First is the Auspicious Savant.    He/she is a twilight built around the 1st Edition Spawning of Monsters Spell.   As an aside, I think that spell may be a little too powerful, and I have some ideas on how to scale it back, unless the GM thinks it'd be O.K. as is, in which case I wouldn't argue.

The Savanat is also is a bit nebulous to their sex due to a hearthstone of Gender Transformation, and possesses the selective conception and quick gestation merits and mutations.     

His/Her motivation is to 1.) Create better life,  and 2.) breed her way into one of the major houses of the Dragon Blood, which he/she then plans on using to get to the thrown, though the character could fit into any story, really.

The second character, I haven't named yet.  Let's call him Unspoken Word.      Unspoken Word is a priest of the unconquered sun, but he is mute.     I'm open to suggestions, but I think that in order for him to work, he'd need a custom hearthstone.     The general idea is that he three fold binds people, and then uses the Hearthstone to communicate with them telepathically so that they act as a "Chorus" for him.    His motivation would be to spread the 'true' religion of the unconqured sun to all five poles of creation.  Again, he could fit a wide variety of scenarios, but there's something about this concept that I really dig.

To get a good feel for this character, please reference "Hypno-toad from Futurama".

\
"Cut me down or let me run.  Either way it's all gonna burn." - Joe (The Protomen)

Cold Heritage

An innocent version of Yume who had yet to have any experience in love would be to DIE for.

If possible, I'd like to try out an Infernal, using the Infernal hero style of fighting. The core sort of concept would be a sort of Blood Knight kind of guy (you know, a guy who just really, really loves to fight). I think he would probably be less a type who would have his own ambitions and goals, because the greatness he is destined for is defined by conflict . . .  any conflict, really.

I might need some help on charm selection and all of that so I don't end up being a paper tiger or otherwise functionless.

prurientelf

Empyrean

All of you are welcome to play. ^_^

Muse: So hard to choose! Any possibility of a busty, sexy martial artist courtesan by any chance?  XD

Prurientelf: A naive and nubile Eclipse definitely works. ^_^

Plot Hooks: I've never heard of the Spawning of Monsters spell. Or seen Hypno-toad but I think I have an idea of what you'd like to do with Unspoken Word.

Cold Heritage: I would have no problem with such an Infernal.

Thank you all for your interest. :) As for the themes, so far I'm thinking that the themes will be those what sort of power and pleasure one can seek when you're suddenly granted great gifts. Also, the theme of the new against the old. As for the game's plot, here's my idea so far:

A group of outsider Exalts (an extremely naive ronin Chosen of Journeys who was never found and trained by the Bureau of Destiny, her Outcaste Wood Aspect lover, a Casteless Lunar with a grudge against the Guild, and a Night Caste Solar kleptomaniac) have banded together. Very recently, they've stumbled across a McGuffin known as the Eye of Autochthon, which is an exceptionally powerful artifact. PCs can be sent to retrieve it (if they belong to an organization like the Silver Pact) or they could just run into the group. The problem now becomes, how do you seduce, manipulate, or gain the allegiance of these four, and what do you do with Creation-changing power, and the chance to achieve unparalled pleasures in the face of those who would seduce or steal the power from you?

What do you think guys and gals? I am willing to work with the group to create something all will find enjoyable to play.  :)

prurientelf

Will the grittier side of things be explored?  Such as non-consent, sexism, etc?  Baring that I am excited to get to work on an Exalt, I've not played in a while!

Plot Hooks

Spawning of Monsters is a first edition Celestial spell that can be found in both Savant & Sorcerer (otherwise known as the Camel-toe book) and the book of three circles.    It is as follows:

THE SPAWNING OF MONSTERS
Cost: 30 motes
Target: See text

This spell allows a sorcerer to breed two wholly different species together
by magically extracting the seed from one male partner and implanting it into
the womb of a female. The creature conceived of this sorcerous union combines
the best physical traits and spiritual aspects of both species and exists solely
to serve the caster until its death. The ritual begins with the caster spending the required
motes of Essence to drain himself or a male creature of its entire peripheral
Essence pool and then storing that Essence in an acorn. The sorcerer may keep an acorn to
complete the spell for up to one month, but he cannot access the Essence inside
the acorn for any other reason.

To implant this Essence into a female creature and begin gestating a new
monster, the sorcerer must feed the acorn, either whole or ground up but
in its entirety, to a male of a species that can mate with the female.
When the male creature eats the acorn, it becomes suffused with a reddish
aura of Essence and immediately goes into season. The sorcerer then mates it
with the female that will bear the monster, and when the mating is complete,
the ruddy Essence will drain from the male creature into the female.

The monster grows within the womb at an unnatural speed and will be born in
one-tenth the time it takes for a creature of the female's species to gestate,
usually just a few weeks. This hideous growth drains the mother's strength,
and the birth of the monster will kill any mortal creature.

Essence using beings, such as Elementals and Exalts, may survive the process
if their players succeed at a Stamina + Resistance roll, its difficulty equal
to the new creature's permanent Essence
(difficulty 1 if a female sorcerer uses herself as a host).

The new creature will have all of the best Traits of the two parent creatures.
It has the highest of the two creature's Attributes, Virtues, Willpower,
permanent Essence and any shared Abilities, as well as gaining any
Abilities that either parent solely had. The creature will be an Essence user
if one of the parents was also an Essence user. It will gain the Charms and
other mystical abilities of either parent, though it will not have Backgrounds
or any equipment that the sorcerer does not grant it. After its birth, it will
grow to maturity in one week and will be completely devoted to the sorcerer as
if the sorcerer were its only parent.

Countermagic may be cast at any time during the ritual, but after the creature
has been conceived, there is no way to reverse the effects of the spell.
Normal methods of abortion may be used, but they carry twice the normal health
risks for the unwilling host mother.

The final appearance and statistics of the newborn monster must be approved
by the Storyteller before this spell is used.

Plothooks Suggestion:

Products of the spell used between exalts are Half-casts, not Exalts.    One might also want to consider an Essence cap of 3 or so, but then again, it is a celestial level spell.

So as you can see, the Savant is actually a pretty sexual character.   And probably not always concentual.  >_>

prurientelf

Heh.  Well!  While pregnancy subplots aren't my fave I think I catch your drift.  Sounds like I should get to work on my already started nubile and naive eclipse.  I'd rather her be a fresh, new exalt, possibly days, not very aware of the new world she has stepped into but not entirely a simpleton either.  I am thinking she was a tavern wench in her old life, someone who had learned how to evade the wandering hands of a dragonblooded before her blessing from the Unconquered Sun manifested. 

Plot Hooks

Heh, I can respect that.    I'm not really into preggo-play either, per say.     For me, it's a Bene Gesserit thing.    Creating an society with an Omni-sex demigod at the head of it all has an undeniable allure.

Cold Heritage

It's probably the D&D in me, but when I see that game idea, my answer to the question is, "get the Unconquered Sun off the Games of Divinity, make the Solars worthy of his love again, and make Creation a better place."  :-[

What sort of chargen rules are we looking at?

DreadD

While I'd certainly be on for the story idea, if that's what people want, I feel as though focusing it on four other characters and an artifact of SUPER POWER might be a bit limiting to our potential for interaction, particularly if people are going to be playing young exalted.  By making it about "You have the artifact to RE SHAPE THE WORLD" we lose the potential for small, but still significant interactions with regular mortals of varying levels of import, and a good deal of intrigue as things become a much simpler "Us versus Them" when you get to that sort of power level, because you eliminate a lot of people from being important to the story when whatever they bring against us can just kind of be waved away with the power of SUPER ARTIFACT.

I may be assuming overmuch, though.

Cold Heritage

Assume in my opinion goes in front of everything. I'm not going to type it out.

I'd rather use the power of a demigod to deal with high-rollers rather than mucking around with dirt farmers. I want Grand Theft Yeddim meets Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon meets Action Comics meets Weapons of the Gods.

Being an Exalt of any level should eliminate a lot of people from being important by virtue of being someone with a heroic destiny and the guarantee of changing the world and fate itself. We reshape the world with or without the Eye of Auchtochton. Once you Exalt, you stop being the victim of a crapsack world where everyone and everything owns you, and can trade you to whomever they please for half a cigarette. Once you Exalt, you now live in a world of cardboard and even the biggest, baddest baddy in badguytown can't treat you like an extra anymore.

The youngest Exalt can wave away anything a master swordsman of 50 years can bring to bear with their own power.

Or did I buy a bridge from White Wolf?

DreadD

Ah, perhaps true on an *individual* basis with a lot of people, but it's a simple fact that due to the way the numbers and reality work out, if a group of fifty to 100 people want to kill an exalt or two, particularly a recent one, they very often *can* and because of this people with a lot of political thrust, numerous hired guards, and so on, still have to be dealt with, and one isn't free to run around and just destroy any town they come across, and so on.

Massive world shaping artifacts removes any need to even pretend to be polite to entire *cities* of people, if they're truly world shaping and so SUPER as to have so many people out after them, and while I like the idea of being the movers and shapers and so on in the world, I'd like to still have to interact with the people of the world and so on in the process rather than eclipsing them and being able to count the number of people that matter as other exalts, the Fair Folk, and powerful gods and demons, and not even all of them.

Additionally, ignoring potential stat penalties, a heroic mortal with 50 years of sword mastery and so on might actually be able to menace an Exalt, Mortals are permitted to be capable of quite a bit, so long as they're heroic.

prurientelf

Furhtermore, not every exalt focuses it's power on combat.  While my heroine probably won't be a complete stranger to some kind of diaklaive her emphasis will be on linguistics, bureaucracy, and the more social charms....who needs to be a master of the sword if you can incite a mob to riot in a moments notice anyway? 

Quote from: DreadD on December 17, 2009, 01:43:09 AM
Ah, perhaps true on an *individual* basis with a lot of people, but it's a simple fact that due to the way the numbers and reality work out, if a group of fifty to 100 people want to kill an exalt or two, particularly a recent one, they very often *can* and because of this people with a lot of political thrust, numerous hired guards, and so on, still have to be dealt with, and one isn't free to run around and just destroy any town they come across, and so on.

Massive world shaping artifacts removes any need to even pretend to be polite to entire *cities* of people, if they're truly world shaping and so SUPER as to have so many people out after them, and while I like the idea of being the movers and shapers and so on in the world, I'd like to still have to interact with the people of the world and so on in the process rather than eclipsing them and being able to count the number of people that matter as other exalts, the Fair Folk, and powerful gods and demons, and not even all of them.

Additionally, ignoring potential stat penalties, a heroic mortal with 50 years of sword mastery and so on might actually be able to menace an Exalt, Mortals are permitted to be capable of quite a bit, so long as they're heroic.

Cold Heritage

Nothing I said is exclusive to combat prowess.

Anyway, best of luck with this, everyone. I'll bow out since I want something different.

Empyrean

I'm willing to drop the four other NPCs and the artifact if it's a problem for all and work up something more appealing.

As for chargen: All Second Edition books are welcome, and I will allows Merits and Flaws from Scroll of Heroes. I'll also allow the charms, spells, and artifacts from the Scroll of Swallowed Darkness, but not the new martial art introduced in it as it doesn't seem fleshed out to me. Characters can be made as per normal rules for a starting character of their type.

As I understand it so far, we have:

A Night Caste courtesan and/or a busty martial artist
A naive Eclipse
A No Moon shaman/sorcerer or a Changing Moon thief
A Twilight Caste sorcerer or a Zenith caste sorcerer/priest

Plot Hooks: I've considered the Spawning of Monsters spell, but I can't say that I'm entirely comfortable letting it into play. But in a similar vein, would a Lunar sorcerer-scientist dedicated to breeding new races and with a lot of shapeshifting knacks for the omni-sex demigod idea of yours work?

Prurientelf: I can certainly run a grittier game if that's desired. Creation has a lot of inequities to be explored, and sexual ones should not be left out here.

DreadD

Okay, hrm, I think I'll go with a Changing moon socialite and see how it works out...

Muse

i have no clue what themes to build for here, peeps. 

Will there be non-con in this game?  High adventure?  Or do i need to focus on my social fu?
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I am interested join this game. As dawn actually. I would go to the traditional 'heavy armor and biggest daiklave I can find' approach. With familiar at rating 4-5 for a flying horse which is half-breed of a magical northern horse and air elemental (a demigod entity which he tamed self-handledly). Also add reputation, followers and even cult (so he had been target for wyld hunt or two but all cases wyld hunt had failed so far because houses sended scrubs which were decked in artifacts).

So, essentially a combat/war machine guy but not much in social nor sneaky type (but he is handsome and charming so he is not clutch either). I do plan play him as experienced exalt (to bring some veteran among young bloods) but what bonuses my char gets besides beginner ones (to measure how much more experienced he is).

Raveled

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 18, 2009, 07:50:47 AMWell, I am interested join this game. As dawn actually. I would go to the traditional 'heavy armor and biggest daiklave I can find' approach. With familiar at rating 4-5 for a flying horse which is half-breed of a magical northern horse and air elemental (a demigod entity which he tamed self-handledly). Also add reputation, followers and even cult (so he had been target for wyld hunt or two but all cases wyld hunt had failed so far because houses sended scrubs which were decked in artifacts).

So, essentially a combat/war machine guy but not much in social nor sneaky type (but he is handsome and charming so he is not clutch either). I do plan play him as experienced exalt (to bring some veteran among young bloods) but what bonuses my char gets besides beginner ones (to measure how much more experienced he is).

That reads an awful lot like a Mary Marty Sue...
O|O A|A Ideas

prurientelf

Quote from: Muse on December 18, 2009, 05:06:21 AM
i have no clue what themes to build for here, peeps. 

Will there be non-con in this game?  High adventure?  Or do i need to focus on my social fu?

I would hope all three?  :D

prurientelf

PM you the character sheet?

Quote from: Empyrean on December 17, 2009, 07:46:48 PM
I'm willing to drop the four other NPCs and the artifact if it's a problem for all and work up something more appealing.

As for chargen: All Second Edition books are welcome, and I will allows Merits and Flaws from Scroll of Heroes. I'll also allow the charms, spells, and artifacts from the Scroll of Swallowed Darkness, but not the new martial art introduced in it as it doesn't seem fleshed out to me. Characters can be made as per normal rules for a starting character of their type.

As I understand it so far, we have:

A Night Caste courtesan and/or a busty martial artist
A naive Eclipse
A No Moon shaman/sorcerer or a Changing Moon thief
A Twilight Caste sorcerer or a Zenith caste sorcerer/priest

Plot Hooks: I've considered the Spawning of Monsters spell, but I can't say that I'm entirely comfortable letting it into play. But in a similar vein, would a Lunar sorcerer-scientist dedicated to breeding new races and with a lot of shapeshifting knacks for the omni-sex demigod idea of yours work?

Prurientelf: I can certainly run a grittier game if that's desired. Creation has a lot of inequities to be explored, and sexual ones should not be left out here.

prurientelf

Also, can someone, preferably the Storyteller, send along the character creation rules/numbers?  I am bookless since my move but I found an online character maker I can use.

Empyrean

Sexual themes will be non-con, possibly some bondage.

There will be high adventure and a need for social-fu, yes. :)

Prurientelf: Feel free to PM me the sheet and I'll get those creation rules to you later today. :)

Zaer: I'd prefer if they all started on an even playing field as new Exalts, but I have no problem with you going for a war machine character.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, even field then. Anycase Prurientelf here is quick summary of the char creation rules;

Char Creation process

Step One: Choose concept, caste and motivation. Note caste's anima power.

Step Two: Attributes. Note that all attributes start by one dot before you add any.
Prioritize the three categories; 8/6/4

Step Three: Abilities. Note caste abilities and choose 5 favored abilities. 28pts spread, 10 in favored and caste abilities, minimum 1pt in each of them. None above 3 without bonus points.

Step Four: Advantages. 7 dots in backgrounds (none higher than 3 without bonus points). 10 chars (five in favored/caste abilities). Virtues (5, none above 4 without bonus points) and virtue flaw.

Step Five: Finishing Touches. Record Essence (2). Willpower (add two highest virtue values together). Personal essence ([Essence x 3] + willpower). Peripheral essence ([essence x 7] + willpower + sum of all virtues). Record healt levels (7, plus any gained by charms).

Bonus Points: 15

BP Costs:
Attribute 4
Ability 2 (1 if favored/caste)
Background 1 (2 if goign above 3)
Speciality 1 (2 per one if favored/caste aility)
Virtue 3
Willpower 2
Intimacies 3 to increase starting intimacies to (willpower + compassion)
Essence 7
Charms 5 (4 if in favored/caste ability)

Plot Hooks

If you're not comfortable with the spawning of monsters spell, I'm comfortable with modifying it.   After all, it is a first edition spell, and doesn't fit neatly into the mechanics.   The one other time that I've seen it implimented in second edition, the GM put a cap of Essence 3 on anything that was created, and capped the attributes/skills at 5.     He then hinted that an un-crippled Solar Circle spell could be created, if the player sunk the time and effort into it.   I would like to point out that there's nothing in the spell that a Neomah can't do, mechanically.

As far as having the character be a Lunar, I really don't see her evolving that way.   "Better Life" for her will inevitably include Magitech.   While she may get along well with alot of Lunar philosophy, I don't think that the character in my head would make a good Lunar herself.    Also factoring in is the fact that she's a sorcerer, who's dedicated to basically a concept of perfection.   Wouldn't do to not have access to SCS.    And besides, if I were to make a Lunar, I'd want to build it from scratch so that I could do something interesting with the Lunar skill-set.

If there's no getting around the whole spell thing, I'd rather go with my Zenith concept.   I'm equally interested in both characters, and given the choice, I'd rather go with a character that I can play as concieved vs. a character that's close to concieved, but not quiet there.     If neither of them work, I can always go back to the drawing board.

Muse

Five Winds Rhapsody: Zenith (Or Eclipse) Caste Dancer and leader of an adventuring elemental band.  :) 

Voice Actress and Inpirational Model: Christina Scabia (From the band Lacuna Coil). 

Plot Hooks

Elf...

If you haven't seen it already, check out Ed's Exalted Toolkit.   It has one of the best character generators around.  It's actually aimed at GM's, so Mr. GM, it might come in handy for you too!

http://www.edexalted.com/

Just make sure you get all the patches for it.

ReijiTabibito

I've played Exalted.  Oddly enough, I've never had the chance to play a Solar (played a campaign two evenings a month for over a year, as a Sidereal Chosen of Journeys; and recently gotten into the Dragon-Bloods).  I have a character concept, a Twilight warrior scholar (tentative name The Archer of Dusk's Fading Light).  I'm not so quick to assume I'm in, so am I, and if I am, am I stepping on anyone's toes?

Empyrean

Plot: I reread the Neomah's mechanical effects. I can agree to the spell with the cap of only being able to make creatures up to Essence 3, and that your character would need to make the same sort of Compassion+Craft (Flesh) roll that a Neomah needs to. I do understand wanting to play a character as you envision it, believe me. Thanks for the link too. I'll check it out. :)

Muse: Sounds good. PM me more about this Elemental band.

Reiji: Welcome aboard! I have no problem with a Twilight warrior-scholar. :)

ReijiTabibito

Okay, sounds good.  Got that just from the Charms section of the corebook.  Two things I want to clear up, though.

A: Empyrean, are you the GM for this Chronicle?

B: What sort of Exalteds would be accepted for this campaign?  I know I say I wanted to play a Solar, but I've also had experience with Sidereals, and I've like what I've seen of the Terrestrials so far, so I'm just trying to keep an open mind.

Plot Hooks

Emp:

Warning!

Sometimes when I'm in negotiation mode, I come off as a bit of a jack-ass due to my bluntness.  Sorry if this is the case.    I am not pro-actively seeking to be a dick.  Apologies in advance!

With all due respect, if I'm going to spend all of those points at character creation outfitting my character with Celestial Sorcery,  I'd rather not have to also spend points on skills and virtues that I would not have taken otherwise (Craft(Flesh) and Compassion) for a roll that I'm only going to use with the spell.   This goes doubly so, because I was already planning on taking Demon of the First Circle.   

When I look at this from a cost/benifit analysis, it's much easier to just get Summon Demon of the First Circle, spend a few days summoning Neomah's, and create a monster-making factory and go to town without much concern for human life, cause Neomah's creations don't try and rip their way out of the womb.    Also, I've some concerns about how a craft(Flesh) fits in with the flavor of the spell, as Neomah physically weave the creature together.

So how about a compromise?     We'll take the essence Cap at 3 and use a Craft (Genesis) Roll instead.    I like this because, well, I'm going to be taking Craft(Genisis) anyway, and I think it implies more of a biological bent to the spell than a 'I'm going to use the same methods that I'd use to make a lampshade of human flesh to make a child!' approach.   To sweeten the pot, I'll even use the CSS to take Winged Spirit of Swift Transportation, so that the group will have some options to travel and free up the GM's geographic area of play.

Also Emp, I have a very, very important question for you.   Are you Asheron?

Zaer Darkwail

Plot; Why not simply summon Neomah's do all the dirty work for you :P. As they are specifically demons who craft new creatures (but you need some sum of raw healthy flesh from both 'samples'). You can use some healing charms for people whom you take flesh for neomah to work with. Also neomah doubles as demon summoned courtesan if you need same Neomah help with something but they are pretty much 'out of combat' demons.

The only added extra could be that you cross breed two hybrids samples together (example you firstly combine human and wolf, second neomah combines snake and eagle, then you take sample from wolfman and eaglesnake to create wolf+snake+eagle+human hybrid humanoid).

Plot Hooks

This is true, and I may impliment that as well.    It's just that, I can see the Savant being extremely paranoid about Demonic influence.   With Craft Genesis, Summoning of Monsters, and Neomah's, she'll have all her bases covered.     

I should disclose that I plan on taking the quick gestation merit too.   Honestly, half the fun of the character is popping out a kid every week or so.    It's like trailer park-solar.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, so far as I know about Neomah's abilities the children will not have 'demonic influence' in them if the summoner so demands.

But what would be your chars reason to be constantly breeding and doing experiments? To produce perfect 'mortal foot soldiers' to replace DB's in new solar empire?

Plot Hooks

Typing on the phone,  so forgive the grammar.

Actually,  this is where it gets interesting.   She thinks repeating the past would be a mistake and has no desire to see a return of the deliberative.  Instead,  she'll make a stable Scarlett empire that she controls from behind scenes.   They'd continue to hunt celestials that didn't stay out of mortal affairs,  because in her view they'll destroy creation if they attempt to rule it.    Instead,  she'd like for the whole bar of humanity to be raised in order for it to better fend for itself.

She's also got A huge grudge against the UC and is much as an athirst as one can be in this setting.

As an aside, just because there's nothing mentioned about Demonic influence in the Neomah's abilities OOCly doesn't mean that a sorcerer shouldn't have good reason to always be suspicious of their demons IICly.

DreadD

However, on the by and large Neomah have a good thing going, insofar as their perverse bargains go, ergo sabotaging the results, information of such may be spread, could ruin the rather simple "agreement" they have with those that interact with them.

Empyrean

Reiji: Yep, I'm the GM. As far as Exalts go: Solars, Lunars, Sidereals, Terrestrials, and Infernals are allowed. Abyssals aren't and I would allow Alchemicals if the new book came out before we started.

Plot: Never heard of Asheron. ^_^

I'd be willing to allow Craft (Genesis) to replace Craft (Flesh) and Compassion, and you can take Swift Gestation. Also, the Winged Spirit of Swift Transportation would be appreciated.

Plot Hooks

Cool!   We've got a go on the Savant then.   I'll get you a char sheet and background asap. 

Empyrean

Since the holidays are upon us, I was thinking of starting on or about the 1st. How does that grab everyone?

Zaer Darkwail

Works fine, done with char creation but need find good sheet where put the info.

prurientelf

I haven't finished my character yet but am very interested in this game!

I will do my best to get her done by the 1st and submitted to you, Empyrean.  Holidays are super busy for me though so in case you don't hear from me until after the new year please don't interpret it as disinterest!

ReijiTabibito

Emp:  Okay, I can get a character up by the first...though recent developments have made me question my character...PM me, I need to discuss this.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Plot Hooks on December 20, 2009, 03:59:10 PM
Actually,  this is where it gets interesting.   She thinks repeating the past would be a mistake and has no desire to see a return of the deliberative.  Instead,  she'll make a stable Scarlett empire that she controls from behind scenes.   They'd continue to hunt celestials that didn't stay out of mortal affairs,  because in her view they'll destroy creation if they attempt to rule it.    Instead,  she'd like for the whole bar of humanity to be raised in order for it to better fend for itself.

She's also got A huge grudge against the UC and is much as an athirst as one can be in this setting.

As an aside, just because there's nothing mentioned about Demonic influence in the Neomah's abilities OOCly doesn't mean that a sorcerer shouldn't have good reason to always be suspicious of their demons IICly.

Well, I just wonder then how she reacts to my Dawn who plans to conquer the whole world and control it....as a god emperor. He has compassion 1 so he does not care much of people in general :P

Plot Hooks

Zaer:  I'm sure she'll find him useful until he's not.    At that point, she'll find a way to make him useful again.   I'm sure a Solar Exaltation would make a bad-assed power source.

The Savant may seem compassionate, but her compassion is actually 1.   Her apparent compassionate nature actually comes from her high Conviction rating, and her convictions dictate compassionate behavior in most cases.    If you fall in a place where her convictions offer you no protection, however, watch out.

OOCly, I try not to do mean things to PCs until they actively cross my player in a major way.   I try my best to abide by the player contract.

Emp:   Asheron was an Empyrean in the game Asheron's Call.      My character will be ready by the first, for sure.  She's actually ready now, sheet-wise, but I've some work to do on her Manse and Allies.   (Both are of coarse, in the GM's domain.   However,  hopefully I can take some of the work-load away from the GM, and offer a few details that can serve as plot hooks later.)

In that vein, I had some questions and suggestions.

How are we handling XP in this game?

In a prior Play-by-post, the GM handled it by offering 1xp per day that you post.    This seemed to encourage the players to be active, and worked out very well.   If you figure 1 post every day, that averages out to 7 a week, which is usually what you can rack up in one session of RL Table-topping, which is also held once a week.     

Do you have plans for introducing the circle, or should we work OOCly here to integrate our Characters into cohesive group?

Part of my background-creation process involves creating three 'friends' and three 'foes' or rivals.    These are just regular joes that my person knows, and are, for the most part, not super powered.   I take great pains not to make them duplicate the allies or followers function.    The idea behind this is that your character presumably has not operated in a vacuum prior to the story, and these characters serve as backdrop and GM plot-hook fodder.     Call me sick, but one of my favorite past-times in System games is handing the GM a loaded gun and trying to dodge the bullets.   

Zaer Darkwail

Rofl, nice habbit :P. Give GM tool (a gun) and encourage him shoot you (or char) with it.

Anycase my char worked as bandit/mercenary before he crossed a DB from Lookshy and encounter made him realize his true dreams, and was brave enough face his death with cocky attitude...and then he got exalted, got nice manse and armor and weapon.

He got conviction also so he does 'dutifully' care for his cultists (he has cult 2 background). But he is truly selfish person and when before he could get whores and cheap liqor with stolen gold, he get free virgin chicks and free ale from being a hero so he DOES enjoy play that part for those perks. Also he got valor 4 so he is really valorous person. But he is also hot headed so temperance 1 comes from that.

Anycase Plot, I hope you do not mind if my char uses his social fu combo called 'Solar King Persuasion' to try convert you to his cause :P. He kinda got like charisma/manipulation 5 (with his gemstone) and first excelency presence+irresistable salesman spirit....he does not plan break your motivation but tries add intimacy to you to a idea 'rule the world with me' deal. Perhaps background wise your char has already fell victim to this technique and is already working with my char to build his empire (with your own means while he works with his).

Plot Hooks

Well,  you're certainly welcome to try but be forewarned that I consider it a breach of player contract.   A guy might wind up as an exotic componant trying to pull shit like that.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, it is not like supernatural influence, just plain outright creating natural influence. There is difference between attempted charming spell and between just being very good persuader. So in essence exalts could not 'sense' their mind tampered with. You could feel great dealof doubt but you can resist my attempt with sacrifice one point temporal willpower. And I can repeat the subject to try re-convince you one more time and you can spend willpower again negate it. Then you would be immune further attempts of that subject for that day.

So it is not perfect persuasion tool but very good one. My combo that is.

Plot Hooks

Ok see, it doesn't really matter if it's natural or unnatural influence.   You can justify it however you like, but the crux of what you're proposing is that you're wresting control of my character away from me by using game mechanics to change her mind.     

This sort of behavior is often justified by "Well, that's what my player would do in character!"   Even so, that's a pretty blatant violation of the player contract, in that, once you try that, I can't trust the OOC player to not undermine my player at every turn.    In situations where it's agreed to before hand that this type of behavior is expected in a game, it can be ok.    However, in most situations it generally rubs players the wrong way and ends very badly for almost everyone.

If you want to play that way, I'm actually cool with it.   It can lead to interesting story.   However, I will play by the same rules.

So with that said, things you should know:

One of the traits of this character is that she's super-loyal to allies (her convictions dictate it!) but super-ruthless to anyone who makes her 'enemies' list.  If my character finds out that you've been using essence based charms to attempt to control her mind, it won't matter if it's unnatural mental influence, or natural mental influence.    That sort of behavior gets you black-listed in her book. In her mind,  your character is willing to try and screw her over on something little, he'll surely try and screw her over on something big, which means that he is a liability.   Liabilities need to be eliminated or turned into assets.

Remember the 1 compassion I mentioned earlier, and the high conviction rating?   There's a simple calculus to be done, whose result is that the whole of your character poses a danger to her, and that he would invariably be less dangerous if he were divided up into his manse, his artifacts, and the individual parts that make up his body.  The least-bad thing she'll do to the character,  if she has her way, is kill him.   More than likely, she'll craft him into some lobotomized dragoon that will be used to vaporize trespassers.    After all, a good solar exaltation is hard to come by.

If you come out on top of the conflict, fine.   I won't cry about it.   That's the way the story plays out.  But unless your character is super-dooper good at social-fu, the path you are choosing will lead invariably to one of us loosing our characters sooner or later, and you should know that I, the player, will have zero regrets about crafting a doomsday device out of the remains of your character in that situation.   

So, no I don't mind you trying to append my character sheet to further your own goals.   Just don't get too upset if I, in turn, dismantle your character into his base parts to further my character's own goals.   

Zaer Darkwail

Well, my char is not social fu expert but I have his social stuff boosted up quite high in one vs one interaction. Also if I would try manipulate your char it would not be change her completely different person. Simply said my char would try ask her join his cause willingly. But as if you have high conviction it means I would need succeed several times to make you do something supportive to his goals before you create enough commitment to create intimacy for it.

Also as I know using social fu against fellow player can 'rub wrong way' so that's why I wanted carefully talk about it OCC so I do not cross the comfort line what you have for social fu applied to your char. But as note using presence skill alone is not detectable as any fashion as mind control, but as social manipulation or simply charming. I understand you could full ballistic if you figure out I tried manipulate you (basically trick you with social fu) but would your char take similar aggressive offense if she feels my char is merely seducing her (and quite effectively) to his cause? You can resist seduction (and so do not build any commitment or intimacy) but you likely feel 'strong temptation' as sign from my attempts. If I would use manipulation you would feel 'you were attempted to be tricked' (which I understand would be a thing what you would take as a attack and so proceed for counter attack).

I do plan go through charisma+presence route than manipulation+presence (which in itself provokes more hostile response if it fails). using appearance+presence whenever my char wants seduce someone to his bed (if he would like build relationship he would use charisma+presence but he is not interested build close and personal love relationship with compassion what he is having).

Anycase whatever I will try 'inflict' with my social fu is not meant screw over your char concept nor wrest control off you but rather try make your char 'team up' with my char. Just wanted approach this goal through game mechanic method than just agree in OOC 'that will happen'.

So, sorry again if I offended you any manner with my suggestion. If you feel still eery about my char using social fu towards you (and not be party friendly method) I will then back off from idea and use social fu only against npc's. As it is one things needed discuss on table before exalted game begins is social fu allowed towards circle members and what way it is allowed. I just thinked use my social fu to form stronger bond between circle members (to create connections and common interests) than instead enslave whole circle under my reign :P.

Plot Hooks

QuoteWell, my char is not social fu expert...

Then you're making a huge mistake.   I can't see this possibly being a great way to make friends with other Solars as well.   Solars are strong-willed, ambitious creatures, and they generally take offense to being social-fu'd once they find out about it.    If you're going to try Social-fuing the rightful Lords of Creation, you need to be damn sure that you won't get caught at it.

Quotebut as note using presence skill alone is not detectable as any fashion as mind control, but as social manipulation or simply charming.

Yes, but never mind if a sorcerer has essence sight or something similar that would otherwise detect charm use.    I'm not saying that my character has those, but you gotta be careful.    At any rate, as you mentioned earlier, the fact that she'd have to spend willpower to resist it would be a huge tip-off that something just happened, especially given her level of occult and lore.   It wouldn't mean that she knew he used an essence based charm was used, but she'd sure be leery of your character.    It's not an act that will instill friendliness.   

That interaction would go something like this...

Dawn:  "Hey there beautiful.   Wanna help me become God-King of the World..." *SOCIAL FU COMBO!!!*
Twilight: "Why Sur.....   Uh...   Wait a minute." *Spends willpower*  "No.  I wouldn't do that in a million years.   What was that that you tried to do to me just now?"
Dawn:  *Scratches the back of his head and looks around shiftily*   Uh, nothing?      Yes.  Nothing.    Nothing at all.   Say,  your hair sure does look nice today.     How do you get it to look so soft and perfect?
Twilight:  *Evil glare*

Trust me, evil glares from paranoid mad sorcerer/scientists are not a good thing.   

QuoteI understand you could full ballistic if you figure out I tried manipulate you (basically trick you with social fu) but would your char take similar aggressive offense if she feels my char is merely seducing her

No, if you were trying to seduce her, that would be another story.   She'd actually be quiet open to that.   But what you're trying to do is instill an intimacy that goes against her entire worldview of the way that things ought to unfold.     That is an act that is punishable by Craft.    Seeing a single God-King rule over creation is about the worst thing that could happen, in her point of view.

Anycase whatever I will try 'inflict' with my social fu is not meant screw over your char concept nor wrest control off you but rather try make your char 'team up' with my char.

There are other methods that would allow them to Team up which wouldn't involve probable doom for one or both of our characters.     In the Savant's mind, Solars die all the time.    There's nothing wrong with helping an ambitious Solar as long as their goals intersect.   In her mind, it might be a good thing, because perhaps she can show how such a single-minded goal would ruin the cultural diversity of creation and enlighten him.   At any rate, he's likely to die of natural causes along the way, which for a Solar usually means "Glorious Death in Battle", so it's an issue that can likely be put on the back-burner.

Anycase whatever I will try 'inflict' with my social fu is not meant screw over your char concept nor wrest control off you but rather try make your char 'team up' with my char. Just wanted approach this goal through game mechanic method than just agree in OOC 'that will happen'.

Actually, I'd rather either agree in OOC about what happened to bring the circle together rather than use a game mechanic, unless the ST has an origin story in mind.

QuoteSo, sorry again if I offended you any manner with my suggestion.

Actually, this impression that you have is my fault.    I realize the nature of the subject matter is rather hostile, but I, the player am not really offended.      I just think that it will probably be a mistake because I know that my character is paranoid and has a sufficiently advanced sense of pragmatism that would dictate the elimination of anyone who tries to manipulate her in such a way.    Put simply, if I'm a paranoid sorcerer/scientists who intends to change the way the world works, and I find out that someone is attempting to subvert me to their opposing cause in a less-than-honest way,  then there's no way I'm going to risk constant exposure to this person on the off-chance they might succeed.    Best to get rid of them while you're mind's still your own.

Quoteit is one things needed discuss on table before exalted game begins is social fu allowed towards circle members and what way it is allowed.

I agree.  I am all for the use of Social fu on Circle-members.    I'm all for letting any of the PC's do anything they want, so long as they realize that the consequences of their actions may result in the loss of their character.    As I said before, it can make for a really interesting story.   I just don't want anyone to be upset when they have to suffer the rather extreme price of failure if their circle-mates find out about it.    According to game theory, that sort of risky behaviour usually ends badly for the perpetrator.   As for my character, you should know that the stakes for her are tremendously high.    The Boolean works something like this:

If (She can't trust you) & (She has to be around you) | (She will eliminate you)

QuoteI just thinked use my social fu to form stronger bond between circle members (to create connections and common interests) than instead enslave whole circle under my reign :P.

I'm sure you did, but given the conditions on the ground, it doesn't quiet look that way, especially when when those common interests were artificially created through a devil's tongue.    From here, it sounds like 'common interests' translates into being a part of your cult, which isn't going to sit well with my Strong-willed 'free-thinking' anarchist Sorcerer.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, so seduction is ok but as note the same charm combo can apply also to seduction which is field what presence applies. Seduction can be Cha or App based (or even manipulation if he tells untruthful flattery get into your pants). When I said I am not social fu expert it meant that I am not able speed wheels of goverment functions (which falls to bureucratic skills) or make good public speeches in parties (socialize) or inspire crowd into frenzy (performance) nor able use charms which outright forces you make actions.

So what my char is good at is one vs one interactions. Also note even if OOC you know reason why you need spend willpower it does not make you 'know' the reason IC. To IC when you burn willpower is simply put your own willpower resisting to fall into crazy ideas what people suggest to you. Also so far as I know you do not need burn willpower in cases where suggestions directly violate your motivation.

So, in essence if your char spends time and my char grows interest on you, then my char is to you a handsome man with very influential presence. Example it tooks years of interaction with Palpatine with Anakin Skywalker to make him turn Darth Vader and some circumstances were needed to happen to make possible break Anakin's primary motivation and also break his old loyalties. Palpatine did not use any force powers brainwash Anakin, he simply manipulated him with social skills and persuasion and with his charisma.

I say my char is not Palpatine even if he has capabillities to be one (high manipulation score) but effects would be similar but more through a seduction than lies. So what I am saying is that I will try do social fu in field what I am good at but I want make also clear that you understand OOC wise how/why do it (and your char understanding what is going on IC wise). I could very well take that your char after spending few passionate nights with my char realizes how 'dangerously influencing' my char is (you realize you have started build intimacy to a person who's dream is similar to yours but done in fashion what you do not approve) and so you can start question did he use charm change your views or are you under effect of a spell which manipulates your behavior (while in truth neither has occured and so you may realize that yourself  have started changed from interactions with my char). I plan avoid using charms to penetrate your mental defense to influence you.

And so drama occurs and then at that point there are possible endings how bubbling romance between two power hungry people may occur. I like keep the ending at moment open and so not 'spoil' the fun figure it out but this far I have planned the interaction between our chars Plot Hooks. I of course hope for a 'both parties favorable' ending.

Plot Hooks

QuoteOk, so seduction is ok but as note the same charm combo can apply also to seduction which is field what presence applies.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood you.    Seduction in itself is Ok without Charm use.     Basically it boils down to this.    If you use essence to try and change her mind and she finds out about, there will be a shit-storm.     You could try Seduction, or to even convince her of your cause through perfectly Mundane means and you're totally in the clear.    The instant she (Or I would think any solar or being period) finds out that you've been using essence against them, it's a whole other ball-game.

QuoteAlso note even if OOC you know reason why you need spend willpower it does not make you 'know' the reason IC. To IC when you burn willpower is simply put your own willpower resisting to fall into crazy ideas what people suggest to you.

Yes, that's exactly it.   And to someone who has a lore and occult rating out of the roof, who is methodical, the very fact that they find themselves wanting to do something that goes so entirely against their motivation would make them suspect.    Unless they were dumb.    She may not know exactly what you did, and she wouldn't be able to prove it for sure.   But she would know that something was up.   When you have urges that so go against your character, you're bound to think that something somewhere is wrong.

QuoteSo, in essence if your char spends time and my char grows interest on you, then my char is to you a handsome man with very influential presence. Example it tooks years of interaction with Palpatine with Anakin Skywalker to make him turn Darth Vader and some circumstances were needed to happen to make possible break Anakin's primary motivation and also break his old loyalties. Palpatine did not use any force powers brainwash Anakin, he simply manipulated him with social skills and persuasion and with his charisma.

Yea, again... different story.   Again, you are proposing using what amounts to Magic on my character to get your way.    That is not a slow process that takes years to accomplish.   It is a process that requires a point of willpower and a handful of motes to accomplish an effect that, compared to the effort Palpatine put in, is nearly instant.   

QuoteSo what I am saying is that I will try do social fu in field what I am good at but I want make also clear that you understand OOC wise how/why do it (and your char understanding what is going on IC wise). I could very well take that your char after spending few passionate nights with my char realizes how 'dangerously influencing' my char is (you realize you have started build intimacy to a person who's dream is similar to yours but done in fashion what you do not approve) and so you can start question did he use charm change your views or are you under effect of a spell which manipulates your behavior (while in truth neither has occured and so you may realize that yourself  have started changed from interactions with my char).

Heh, see... The thing is, that his dream is so dissimiliar to hers that I don't think that would happen without the use of charms.    Your character envisions a world where he's a god-emperor.    My character envisions a world full of individual kingdoms, and where humanity is able to protect itself, and where Gods and Exalted have been rendered obsolete.     She envisions a creation that can fend for itself.   

Again, once she realizes that you've been using mind-fuck charms on her, the game is over.      One or both of them is going down.     She is extremely family oriented, and once she realizes that you are an Enemy, then one of them's going to go down.

QuoteI like keep the ending at moment open and so not 'spoil' the fun figure it out but this far I have planned the interaction between our chars Plot Hooks.

Great.  I love having that all mapped out for me.   Saves me from thinking too much.  :P

Zaer Darkwail

Hehe, well my char is background wise from Scavenger Lands, so way how he would rule as god-emperor would be exact same way how kingdoms work in Scavenger lands; All independly but all answer the call for combined arms of might (led reasonably by Lookshy in such operations) against threats coming outside their kingdom. In truth my char would be down right poor governor of whole world (a small island kingdom, like Blessed Isle, he could manage) so he would like leave all matters handled by invidual countries but likes to have enough power to 'force matters' when he wants do so. So his eventual goal could be perhaps accetable to you? It could be bit more public than you initially thought to do things but same really.

Plot Hooks

It really all depends on how you play your cards.  ;)

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, in general idea from him is that he would take over Blessed Isle and form it as center of his power. Also he would like keep dragon-bloods as members of his army (if not, kill bunch of them and raise new generation of DB to live happily as cannon fobber). Then any celestial exalt is welcome join his court....but none them will have official power outside the isle in other countries (besides himself). If some rogue celestial up start starts make a mess somewhere then it is reeled in or killed.

Basically; turn Blessed Isle 'exalt only' place to live. It is no place for mortals (expect mortal slaves but even then dragon-blood is prefered as slave than mortal who lives short lives).

Plot Hooks

Oh yea.   Heh,  my character was a mortal slave before exaltation.   This will definately be good.

Zaer Darkwail

Good in what way? Good to cause trouble, or good that you agree on such 'rulership' :P. But at moment my char has no idea of other exalts than DB's and solars. But basic gist is that to get all exalts one place and away from mortal matters (ruled in Blessed Isle). But also emperor can have power control other country matters with absolute authority (who would dare defy emperor who has army of exalts :P) but he would not control other lands that much. Also ofc if some threat comes up then exalts move out from blessed isle stop it.

Terian

Is it too late to get in on this?

Zaer Darkwail

I think there is two caste spots left open in our solar circle :). I am Dawn, one was twilight sorceress, another a Zenith. So Night and Eclipse castes are unoccupied so far as I know.

DreadD

Sorry for not being around, Holidays and all, I should be posting more in depth tomorrow.

prurientelf

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 30, 2009, 01:10:38 AM
I think there is two caste spots left open in our solar circle :). I am Dawn, one was twilight sorceress, another a Zenith. So Night and Eclipse castes are unoccupied so far as I know.

See the first page; I'm playing an Eclipse. :p

Zaer Darkwail

Ouch, sorry prurien, so we have ecplipse, dawn, zenith and some exalted sorceress (could been Lunar or twiligth).

Ryvaken

Still any room for players? Perhaps a Lunar? Willing to be bonded to a Solar with a compassion of at least 3, or could just as easily go independent.
In creativity, meaning.

Empyrean

Sorry for the late response. I got a Christmas present from work. A cold. :(

Terian and Ryvaken: Yeah, you can play. PM me your sheets.

I think that with these last two I'm going to close recruitment for now.

Ryvaken

In creativity, meaning.

prurientelf

Quote from: Empyrean on December 31, 2009, 08:55:15 AM
Sorry for the late response. I got a Christmas present from work. A cold. :(

Terian and Ryvaken: Yeah, you can play. PM me your sheets.

I think that with these last two I'm going to close recruitment for now.

Hope you're feeling better!  Mailed you my buxom heroine; can't wait to start the adventure! :)

Plot Hooks

I've sent you character sheets as well.   If you'd like, I can also be reached on most major messengers.

DreadD

My character is mostly ready in my head, just need to get ahold of the GM to hammer out a few things.

prurientelf

He's pretty responsive over messages from my exp (I had tons of questions as this is my first 2nd edition exalt and wanted some permission on a few custom stuff) 

I also am on msn if people want to talk character dynamics and earlier in the thread I know there was some discussion of people not being comfortable having their player character manipulated/hurt/etc. by other pc's.  I'm very much comfortable with player manipulations of my heroine by and large with a few exceptions (I am playing a somewhat naive Eclipse) just to let people know.  ;)

DreadD

Oh, right, I'm running the Changing Moons Lunar I was considering before, as I don't think I specified that.

Ryvaken

Absent the possibility of taking Vice and Greater curse flaws to buy another charm or more backgrounds, my sheet is done. It wasn't easy; some tweaks to Luminous Tyger left me with something functional but not terribly fun-looking. That's when I discovered the chain daiklave and completely rewrote about 90% of the backstory.

Anyone interested in a male west-born Full Moon hedonistic Lunar mate?
In creativity, meaning.

Terian

Think I'll back out after all--from a few day's consideration, I couldn't come up with a concept I was happy with.

Idej

Hey, I'm new Exalted, but I am quite interested in this game.

If there are any spots available I can learn pretty well with game mechanics and be able to get character down.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ryvaken on December 31, 2009, 08:09:35 PM
Absent the possibility of taking Vice and Greater curse flaws to buy another charm or more backgrounds, my sheet is done. It wasn't easy; some tweaks to Luminous Tyger left me with something functional but not terribly fun-looking. That's when I discovered the chain daiklave and completely rewrote about 90% of the backstory.

Anyone interested in a male west-born Full Moon hedonistic Lunar mate?

Chain daiklave? Mean like chain bladed sword? Is there stats to such things?! Anycase I would not mind lunar mate but suppose you seek solar who is opposite gender, but then again even if we have eternal oath it would not mean having sex together :P. But that we are connected otherwise (but likely one two of us was woman in first age life so it can screw your head over have flashbacks when you were woman while your still a guy presently).

(note; do not take overly serious the solar mate offer :P)

Ryvaken

Scroll of the Monk. Two dots, one hearthstone setting. Essentially it's a dire chain and a short daiklave rolled into one, with another line of stats for using it as a chain with a blade at the end. Copied from my sheet's weapon entry:
WeaponSpeedAccuracyDamageRateRangeDefenseTagsOther
Chain Daiklave5189L210 feet162,M,RAttune 4
Chain Daiklave4208L2Melee13MAs sword
Chain Daiklave51812B210 feet16M,RAs chain
Chain Daiklave61910B110 feetNoneC,M,R,PClinch
In creativity, meaning.

Zaer Darkwail

Nice sword, I myself went for reaver daiklave (for six foot long katana).

Ryvaken

That's reaper. The reaver is a butcher's cleaver. I know, their names are horribly similar for two polarized expressions of daiklaves. I usually go reaper or wavecleaver. If I'm low on dots, a short daiklave is as good as a reaper if you're light on hearthstones. But this guy, his backstory had him learning to use ropes and chains as improvised weapons. I was expecting to focus on unarmed fighting with Claws of the Silver Moon, but then I stumbled onto this bad boy. I think I'm in love.
In creativity, meaning.

Zaer Darkwail

Hehe, nice. Well I myself got just few melee charms. Iron Whirlwind, and took Fivefold Bulwark Stance (so I can parry much as I like with my high parry rating). Of course are prequisite charms for those two. I just hope it is enough besides orihalcum reinforced buff jacket for starting solar.

Ryvaken

First five charms I get for a sword solar end with Fivefold and Heavenly Guardian. Iron Whirlwind is too expensive to tempt me, though.

For my lunar, Fury is obvious. Impressions of Strength, the version that adds a post-soak die to damage. Wasp Sting and Golden Tiger. All Fury-OK charms. I can only activate 2 at once with my Essence, though. Throw in a couple First Excellencies for kicks. I would have preferred Secure Cat to Golden Tiger, but Secure Cat doesn't lead to Flowing Body. Which is a pity.
In creativity, meaning.

Ryvaken

Wait, Golden Tiger in Fury is Dexterity divided by 2? I thought that was a plus sign! Ugh, that is nasty. Maybe I should switch to Secure Cat so I can use its full rate more effectively. Hrrrrrm.
In creativity, meaning.

Empyrean

Hey guys. I'm just waiting for the char sheets from the two people Reiji was bringing in. Once they're approved we'll be good to go.

Muse

Meep!  Am I too late? 

Chimerelf

Figured I'd pop in and introduce myself.

I'm Chimerelf, ReijiTabibito's friend.  I've just sent off my character sheet to Empyrean.

Ultlifeform has just been approved and will be sending off his character sheet momentarily. 

Anyway, it's nice to meet everyone and I hope this game will be awesome. :-)
-- Chimerelf

Ryvaken

Oh come on, you can tell us more than that. What is the color of your forehead?
In creativity, meaning.

ultlifeform

Alright... I'm the last guy, I just got approved today and have been trying to iron out the last kinks in my character sheet... or hopefully the last kinks... I'll send the sheet immediately...

Nice to meet everyone and I hope we can have fun together...
"Keep shooting yourself in the head, it's the only way to let the demons out."

Chimerelf

Quote from: Ryvaken on January 06, 2010, 05:42:03 PM
Oh come on, you can tell us more than that. What is the color of your forehead?

Haha, alright.  You can know the color of my forehead.

Most of the time it's super pale, almost white.  But on special occasions, it glows violet.

Don't worry, though.  Your character won't likely remember that fact for long. ;-)
-- Chimerelf

Ryvaken

Aw hell. Saturn? Seriously? This is going to end bloodily.
In creativity, meaning.

ultlifeform

My forehead glows gold on certain occasions. Matches nearly my entire wardrobe as well.

Chimerelf

Quote from: Ryvaken on January 06, 2010, 08:09:46 PM
Aw hell. Saturn? Seriously? This is going to end bloodily.

Oh?  Why's that?  I would say that my character isn't a typical Chosen of Saturn, so maybe that will help.  Who knows?
-- Chimerelf

Ryvaken

Well first off any Vizer is going to be greeted with the same degree of warmth usually reserved for rabid IRS auditors in the middle of a zombie apocalypse during nuclear winter. It goes down hill from there. At the very least you'll be swearing an Eclipse Oath or two to make sure you won't call down the Wyld Hunt or try to kill us yourself.
In creativity, meaning.

Plot Hooks

Heh, why's that?

Odds are, none of us would know a Vizor if we saw one in all their glory.    Most people have forgotten that Sidereal exist.    Even my maxed out lore Savant probably wouldn't recall that they existed without a hell of a roll.   

And, even if you did figure out they're celestial,  you most certainly wouldn't know that they were out to get you until they tried to kill you.   Vizors are crafty for a reason.     I kinda think of the most knowledgeable of Exalts as continously remembering that a third type of celestial exalt exists, but never quiet being able to remember what it is.

ultlifeform

Oh My God! There's three different kinds? When did this happen? Why was I never... Wait, what were we just talking about?

Plot Hooks

I'm not sure.   It slipped my mind.  Oh well, must not've been important.

Ryvaken

The Silver Pact remembers its betrayers. Remembers why they fled the Loom of Fate into the Wyld.

And the Sidereals are about as crafty as a drugged puppy. I have high standards for devious behavior -- smashing a constellation with an arcane hammer doesn't qualify. Evading censure is a hat trick, and the result damaged the Sidereals' own position, even amongst eachother. And for all that effort, they never found the true problems, or fixed the problems in Heaven. The Fivefold Brotherhood deserves neither respect nor praise for any of its known actions.
In creativity, meaning.

ReijiTabibito

To be fair, a few things about Sidereals.

A: They don't just go around announcing themselves to all of Creation.  That's counterproductive, that's not subtle, and they aren't supposed to draw attention to themselves.

B: Chances are, if a Sidereal risks contact with a Solar, it's because they're of the Gold Faction, and they want the Solars back in charge again.

C: And no one has found the true problems which ultimately caused the Usurpation.  Even Chejop Kejak doesn't know about the Great Curse.  No one does.  So it's not fair to expect the Sidereals to know about it, and try to fix it, when the Solars themselves, the supposed masters of Creation, didn't do any better.

D: The Sidereals might not have made the right choice, but they made the one that benefitted the most people.  To quote Spock, "the good of the many outweighs the needs of the few."  The Viziers were stuck in an Exalted Kobayashi Maru - a test which was essentially unwinnable.  They could do nothing, and watch Creation be destroyed by the Solars' tyranny; they could try to reform the Solars - secretly, since discovery would cause the Solars to turn not only on them, but on the Lunars as well; or they could do what they did.  Was it right?  No.  But the Sidereals are sworn to protect Creation...even if it has to be from their chosen rulers.

Ryvaken

A: Not subtle is about the definition of a Sidereal.

C: Lytek does. Explicitly stated...somewhere. There have been so many books I've lost track. It might have been in the Infernals, in the same pointy where they said that he could DEFINITELY restore their Exaltations to their proper glory, unlike the Abyssals. More importantly, the Curse can't bear the blame unless it fell on the gods, too.

D: The prophecy of gold was public disclosure, not secrets. And the Sidereals have done a wonderful job protecting Creation.
In creativity, meaning.

Zaer Darkwail

So far as I know none present time solars remember sidereals (expect if there was survivor and I recall there is one in Wyld, disguising as barbarian god like Lunars are and Silver Pact is aware of him). Lunars would most likely remember that dragonbloods were the ones to betray solars, as any sidereal which they personally do not know would had slipped over time from their minds (but would remember a expectional skilled assassin hit squads maybe). Only perhaps elders of silver pact (survivors of first age) could remember sidereals. Not freshly exalted lunars and they are only told 'hate civilization' (which is run and created by dragonbloods, sidereals only created the religion order and even that is not well known act).

Chimerelf

It seems a lot of assumptions are being made about the Sidereal.

Is the issue that you don't like Sidereal or your character doesn't?  I'm finding it somewhat hard to tell.

My only request is that you don't judge my character before meeting her.  She has no obvious tells of her being a Sidereal, and personality wise, she has high compassion and tends to avoid fighting at all costs.  She's also a member of the Gold Faction, as she can understand death to cause change, but can't accept betrayal to avoid a potential disaster.  At least not unless it's the absolute last choice.

I'm telling this openly for two reasons.

1: My character doesn't lie, at least not to allies, and even when she lies to enemies she sucks at it.  Therefore, all of this will likely come forward eventually anyway.

2: I'm hoping this somehow makes you realize our characters don't have to be enemies.
-- Chimerelf

ultlifeform

Yeah, can't the Solars and the Lunars and the... ummmm... Well, can't we all just be friends ^_^

Idej

Well, I think it could be possible for it to happen, but I'm not sure how.

ReijiTabibito

C.  Lytek is exactly one god out of thousands, and if he knows the truth, then he's not been trying to recruit people to help solve the problem, which either means A: he doesn't know, or B: he does, but just doesn't care.  And I personally think that the God of Exaltation would want to fix the Great Curse.  BTW, checked the Infernals book, the closest reference to the Great Curse and Lytek is that Lytek found after purifying a tainted Exaltation that there was a nearly imperceptible taint that stuck to the Exaltation after purification - see page 51.  Now, the Ebon Dragon knows about the Great Curse, but I don't think one of the Yozis is about to share that information with the Celestial Exalted.

Ryvaken

The Lunar elders gain nothing by hiding the existence of the Sidereals from their youngsters. I'm not saying there's a full history lesson and reeducation, But I expect any Lunar to be able to
A) Recognize the proper names of Celestial Exalted, the various Castes thereof
B) Know that the First Age wonders were made by the Twilight Caste
C) Know that the Sidereals masterminded the Usurpation and that the Loom of Fate can track the Lunars
D) Have about twenty different opinions on the Solars presented to them in the form of subtext, with no one proper doctrine or party line.

To answer your question. I don't like Sidereals. Like I said, I have very high standards for subtlety and the Sidereals fail miserably. At best, they foist the actual legwork on the pattern spiders. The Bronze Faction simply compounds that with stupidity. About the only faction I have respect for is the Silver Faction, and then only because they're the ones that have correctly spotted the only individuals that have any understanding about what a civilization must be: everchanging.

C. Autochthon knew, too. His response was to flee before the Solars turned on him. Lytek doesn't have that option, and he's already been assaulted by Sidereals. Any attempt to spread that information would be a political nightmare, probably get him censured for disrupting the Bureau of Destiny, and possibly cause another, more tractable god to take his place in the Celestial Bureaucracy (which I remind you happened once in the Usurpation, demoting him to his present state). All of which means that sharing the information openly is A) bad for him B) bad for the Exaltations and C) bad for the rest of Creation.
As for recruitment, who would he go to? The Sidereals are the only ones who have the authority to be active in Creation on a routine basis, and even going to the Sidereals would be a political disaster.
Ah, found it. Compass Celestial 3, page 143. Lytek and the Maiden of Secrets both know of the Great Curse. Canon. And apparently he is working with the Gold Faction, or trying to, so some of my conclusions were a little overreaching. C'est la vie. His current focus is on Abyssals, which makes sense. If he can get a hold of an uncursed Solar Exaltation, it would be a coup for his research into removing the Curse.
In creativity, meaning.

ReijiTabibito

Yes, Autochthon knew, but he was one of the Primordials, and it was the Primordials who made the Great Curse.  And depending on the GM, Jupiter is capable of knowing pretty much everything - though the problem with her is that by her very nature, she can't tell anyone.  Same goes for Nara-O, who, according to the same book, can find any secret known by any being.  Plus, as Plot Hooks said, what Exalted would know about the Sidereals?  The only possible candidates that I can think of are the Lunars who went into hiding and survived the Usurpation, and have recently returned.  Or someone with the Past Lives merit, but that's about it, I think.

DreadD

Honestly, I think we should avoid OOC fights of this nature.  Even if one does not personally like the Sidereal, that does not mean one gets to ecide their character is going to try to murder another party member before the game even starts, that's not even a little cool.

On the other hand, I will agree the Lunars with, probably, Silver Pact training would be inherently distrustful of sidereal as, since *all* of the lunars, or close to it, had to retreat into the wyld to avoid being killed by Sidereal assassins (Mentioned in both the Lunar and Sidereal books) so I would expect the oral tradition of the Lunars would include "And then the Sidereal tried to kill us all" because the Lunars existed as a tribe in the wyld, and came back out of it, it's not like the Solars where they have a massive gap in their history unless they have past lives because they were all dead, there was no "history reset" for the Lunars.

Still, I would like to err on the side of politeness and getting along and request that people not take an OOC dislike of a type of exaltation and turn it into something IC before we even get to start.

Ryvaken

I didn't say murder. I'm willing to settle for a few oaths, properly sanctified, that the Sidereal isn't going to act in any fashion with the intention of alerting the Wyld Hunt, or any other agency with similar goals, to our existence or location. A simple precaution.

As to remembering the Sidereals...read the mechanics on Arcane Fate, people. You can remind someone about a Sidereal's existence and spark off another roll. Unless the entire Silver Pact failed those rolls at once, there is no reason to suspect them of losing that knowledge as a group.
In creativity, meaning.

ReijiTabibito

Well, considering that the Sidereals we have so far are Gold Faction, I think alerting the Wyld Hunt would be counterproductive to their overall goal of returning the Solars to the throne of Creation.  Plus...do we even have an Eclipse caste?  Last I checked, we had a Dawn, Zenith, and a Twilight, but no Eclipse.  And Eclipses are the ones who do the sanctified oath thing.  So, it's all moot unless there's an Eclipse present.

Ryvaken

You mean like my Mate? Yeah, we have an Eclipse.
In creativity, meaning.

Josh the Aspie

The fact that this RP is closed for new players is... disheartening.  Ah well, perhaps I'll find an exalted game at some other time.  Have fun you guys!

prurientelf

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on January 07, 2010, 11:02:31 AM
Well, considering that the Sidereals we have so far are Gold Faction, I think alerting the Wyld Hunt would be counterproductive to their overall goal of returning the Solars to the throne of Creation.  Plus...do we even have an Eclipse caste?  Last I checked, we had a Dawn, Zenith, and a Twilight, but no Eclipse.  And Eclipses are the ones who do the sanctified oath thing.  So, it's all moot unless there's an Eclipse present.

Wow I need to make more noise or something.  But yes there has been an Eclipse since this game was first announced. ;)

Chimerelf

I'm aware that the Lunars dislike the Sidereal (and with good reason), but I fail to see how you would know us to be Sidereal. 

It really does feel like you have a personal problem with Sidereal and are ready to act on that with your character before even knowing who or what we are.  In that case, you're metagaming.  I would appreciate it if you were to avoid such actions.

I have no real issue taking an oath to that regard, but threatening our characters with violence before the game even begins is immature.  If your character already knows about the factions, then he should know not all Sidereal are interested in calling down the Wyld Hunt.  Furthermore, my character has no interest in killing anyone for personal or factional reasons.  As for the other Sidereal in the party, I don't know the details, but I know he's Gold Faction so it seems unlikely he would have an issue with you, unless you were to start something first.

Empyrean, I think the game is ready to begin whenever you're ready.  Right now, it appears to have just devolved into ooc bickering. 
-- Chimerelf

Ryvaken

Chimerelf, the moment you spend Peripheral essence that caste mark is showing up on your forehead. Likewise, have you considered how you plan to travel with Exalted without actually telling anyone what Charms you know, or what Caste you are? These are not atypical questions to ask, and paranoia is a survivalist trait. Now, if you manage to construct a completely plausible guise as a Terrestrial, Lunar, or Solar, that's one thing. But I don't think that you will find it possible to conceal yourself like that, and the addition of lying to us personally to the usual bag of anti-Sidereal sentiment will make your inevitable reveal that much nastier.
In creativity, meaning.

ultlifeform

Well, as long as we can at least try to stay civil, we should be fine. Our characters don't have to like each other, and I suspect many characters will all but hate everybody in the group (my character included, she's about as apathetic as they come). But as long as we can work together without pulling blades every few minutes, we don't need to like each other. It's good dynamics to have uneasy relations within the group. But for the greater good, you sometimes have to work together with people you don't like. Usually when there is a group that is greatly unliked, they also have a lot to offer and are highly useful to have around. Comprimises will have to be made, and a lot of characters are going to be perpetually pissed off, but as long as we aren't attacking each other all the time, we should be fine. No one ever said we had to like it, just have to deal with. Paranoia is good survival instinct, and I would agree that you would want to watch the Sidereals as closely as possible. Just don't attack without provocation. That's just as likely or even more likely to cause mountains of problems...

DreadD

>_>  I don't think *everyone* in the group is going to be hated.

That being said, it'll be interesting to see how this all plays out, though we certainly have loads and loads of characters, hopefully things don't get too bogged down/chaotic because of it, we may need to have our activities spread out across multiple threads for this to end well, I suspect, but we shall see..

As for my character, well, she's somewhat more easy going than a lot of you seem to be, between the guy who wants to take over the world and the reasonably paranoid.  Though, come to think of it, did we decide on a plot or are we waiting for the final unveiling yet?

Chimerelf

I have no intention of lying to anybody. I thought I had made that clear.  You're welcome to be as paranoid as you like to be, but keep it in character.

My character has no problem with anyone.  That includes Infernal, Abyssal, and Fair Folk.  She'll stand against what they're for, but on a personal level, wishes them the best with their existence.  That's just the way she is.

You're welcome to try to attack or kill my character or whatever you want.  I'm through with this argument.  Play your character however you want and I'll play mine how I chose.

To the rest of you, I'm sorry you had to see this ooc squabbling.  Ultlifeform, you're right.  You're exactly right.  Let's just play by those rules and see where the story takes us.
-- Chimerelf

ultlifeform

Quote from: DreadD on January 07, 2010, 05:59:11 PM
>_>  I don't think *everyone* in the group is going to be hated.

I don't mean to imply that all characters have a reason to be hated. I simply mean that some characters just don't like people in general, and whether they are given reason to or not, will probably just hate everybody. Even in real life, some people are like that. My character doesn't really hate everyone, she just doesn't care... about much of anything... so as long as you don't cross her, she has no reason to cause problems, but on the other hand, if you don't appear as useful to her, she probably isn't going to help you either. Doesn't really matter what the other people are like, some make blanket judgements about people in general

Idej

Quote from: Ryvaken on January 07, 2010, 11:25:07 AM
You mean like my Mate? Yeah, we have an Eclipse.

Someone mention me.

I'm here, yep I am playing as an Eclipse Solar that is connected with Ryv's Lunar.

prurientelf

Quote from: Idej on January 07, 2010, 06:47:34 PM
Someone mention me.

I'm here, yep I am playing as an Eclipse Solar that is connected with Ryv's Lunar.

Hmmm...I'm the group's Eclipse.  Unless we have two?

Idej

prurientelf

I was hoping for a true perfect solar circle plus a Lunar and/or Sidereal added on but ah well.

Idej

I'm certain there will benefits to this.

prurientelf

In my experience redundancies on the Solar front causes more issues than they help.  Especially non-Dawn Solars.  But I guess we will have to see if Emperyean is not going for a perfect Circle motif for his game. 

Idej

ultlifeform

Am I the only Twilight then? I'm not very familiar with who is playing what...

ReijiTabibito

Well, you've got (adding 2 Eclipses now) 5 Solars, 3-4 Lunars (I forget if we had 2 or 3 before Ryvaken showed up), and 2 Sidereals...seems that the only thing missing are Terrestrials, but their power level is significantly less on a one-Exalt basis.  Now, if we had a group of Terrestrials, that wouldn't be as much a problem, since their strength lies in cooperation and numbers, but I digress.

prurientelf

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on January 07, 2010, 07:03:50 PM
Well, you've got (adding 2 Eclipses now) 5 Solars, 3-4 Lunars (I forget if we had 2 or 3 before Ryvaken showed up), and 2 Sidereals...seems that the only thing missing are Terrestrials, but their power level is significantly less on a one-Exalt basis.  Now, if we had a group of Terrestrials, that wouldn't be as much a problem, since their strength lies in cooperation and numbers, but I digress.

Well I've had the Eclipse earmarked since the thread started basically.  It would be helpful for Storyteller to give us a round up as things seem to have gotten muddled a bit in this thread.

Chimerelf

I don't believe Empyrean cares what people play.  He's stated he has a plot that will let everyone work together, even Infernals. 

I think everyone should just play what makes them happy and avoid trying to influence other players to chose something else.

So what's the count so far?

A Twilight Solar, 2 Eclipse Solars, A (Changing Moon?) Lunar, a Chosen of Saturn Sidereal, and another Sidereal (who I'm not sure has announced his caste openly).  Is there anyone else?
-- Chimerelf

ReijiTabibito

Well, previous to Ryvaken, Chimerelf, and ultlifeform joining, we had 3 Solars: Dawn Caste, Zenith Caste, Twilight Caste; 2 Lunars - Full Moon & No Moon (I think); and 1 undecided, who was me, who settled on being a Gold Faction Sidereal.

prurientelf

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on January 07, 2010, 07:10:17 PM
Well, previous to Ryvaken, Chimerelf, and ultlifeform joining, we had 3 Solars: Dawn Caste, Zenith Caste, Twilight Caste; 2 Lunars - Full Moon & No Moon (I think); and 1 undecided, who was me, who settled on being a Gold Faction Sidereal.

Hate to sound like a broken record here but there also was an Eclipse as I expressed interest in running one a day or so after Emp said he was going to run the game.  Both lists that have been posted seem to be in conflict though with what is being played so maybe we should just wait for the Storyteller to bring us all up to speed?

ReijiTabibito

That sounds for the best.  I'm personally not sure on what we have on the numbers, but I know that we don't have any Night Caste Solars, no Terrestrials, and no Bronze Sidereals.

Chimerelf

My list is merely what I know to be confirmed by people playing.  You were included on that list.  I was trying to see what else was out there.

If ReijiTabibito is right, we'll have 2 twilights and 2 eclipses.  Why is this a problem, if I can ask?
-- Chimerelf

DreadD

Changing moon Lunar, thanks. With legendary appearance, and alluring features, and a few other toys to make sure that even if everybody doesn't get along, everybody will certain get along with me.  Yes you will ^_^

prurientelf

Quote from: Chimerelf on January 07, 2010, 07:25:28 PM
My list is merely what I know to be confirmed by people playing.  You were included on that list.  I was trying to see what else was out there.

If ReijiTabibito is right, we'll have 2 twilights and 2 eclipses.  Why is this a problem, if I can ask?

Not really a problem per say.  I've just always enjoyed a perfect circle.  Especially since the roles of Solar Exalts are so specific and extreme, having redundant Solars while lacking other castes (such as a Night!  I've never heard of that! :D), not only creates gaps but also takes away from a player character's individual spotlight.  I'm sure everything will be fine I've simply enjoyed the campaigns with Solar symmetry much more than the games I've played in with redundant roles. 

ReijiTabibito

Well, truth be told, in my opinion, some Solar Castes don't have as much issues with multiple characters being of the same type.  Multiple Dawns can generally help - one could be a martial artist, another an archer, and yet another a general (using War Ability).  Same goes for Twilights.  Plot Hooks' Twilight, for example, is a Lore specialist, while ultlifeform's Twilight (I helped design the character) is a Sorcery nut.

ultlifeform

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on January 07, 2010, 07:35:22 PM
ultlifeform's Twilight is a Sorcery nut.

Or just a nut in general... but sometimes you feel like a nut ^_^

prurientelf

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on January 07, 2010, 07:35:22 PM
Well, truth be told, in my opinion, some Solar Castes don't have as much issues with multiple characters being of the same type.  Multiple Dawns can generally help - one could be a martial artist, another an archer, and yet another a general (using War Ability).  Same goes for Twilights.  Plot Hooks' Twilight, for example, is a Lore specialist, while ultlifeform's Twilight (I helped design the character) is a Sorcery nut.

Yep.  As I already mentioned multiple Dawns are often less of an issue for sure.  I am making an aesthetic judgment backed up by personal experience, nothing more.

Chimerelf

Well, it looks like we'll have plenty of players.  In that case, we can likely split up to do missions.

This would work well as those Solars who are willing to work with the Sidereals can go with them for certain missions, and those who don't trust the Sidereals can handle other missions.

I think this can work out really well.
-- Chimerelf

ReijiTabibito

Actually, that's a pretty good idea, considering we've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-12 players total, and a group that big, all on the same mission, can be a bit restricting.

Plus, better idea.  We can be on the same mission, just doing different parts of it to get to our goal.

Idej

Empyrean

It's looking like we'll be able to start this weekend everyone! I'll make a board for us and start working on an opening post. :)

Idej

Plot Hooks

Quote from: ultlifeform on January 07, 2010, 07:02:32 PM
Am I the only Twilight then? I'm not very familiar with who is playing what...

Nope.  I have a twilight Sorcerer/crafter.   

Muse

Well, people were talking like my slot had been given away, but I can't get anyone to confirm or deny that, so I'm going to assume that's my paranoia talking and get my zenith caste martial artist made. 

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, peeps! Make your chars asap please! It takes only max 3 hours if you got book in your hand (or reliable online source in net) and fiddle with numbers to pull basic concept in hour (and half-hour in typing) and half-hour finessing it :P. I send my charsheet long time ago to the Storyteller (Empyrean incase if it is unclear).

Here is charsheet what I used, feel free copy and paste it (took it from Rpol exalted game):

Name:
Player:
Caste:

Concept:
Motivation:
Intimacies:
Anima:

Attributes
----------

Physical:
Strength 1
Dexterity 1
Stamina 1

Social:
Charisma 1
Manipulation 1
Appearance 1

Mental:
Perception 1
Intelligence 1
Wits 1

Abilities
---------

Mark caste/favored with *

Dawn:
Archery
Martial Arts
Melee
Thrown
War

Zenith:
Integrity
Performance
Presence
Resistance
Survival

Twilight:
Craft
Investigation
Lore
Medicine
Occult

Night:
Athletics
Awareness
Dodge
Larceny
Stealth

Eclipse:
Bureaucracy
Linguistics
Ride
Sail
Socialize

Backgrounds
-----------

Charms
------

Combos
------

Spells
------

Virtues
-------

Compassion 1
Conviction 1
Temperance 1
Valor 1

Essence and Willpower
---------------------

Essence x
Willpower x
Personal Essence xx/xx
Peripheral Essence xx/xx
Committed Essence x

Merits
------

Flaws
-----

Equipment
---------

(artifacts, weapons, armor etc here)

Property
--------

(manses and resource bought stuff here)

Combat Stats
------------

Join Battle: x

Move: x (x without armor)
Dash: x (x without armor)
Jump: x/x (x/x without armor)

Attacks:

Martial Arts (Clinch): Spd 6  Acc +0  Dmg +0B  Def -  Rate 1
Martial Arts (Kick): Spd 5  Acc +0  Dmg +3B  Def -2  Rate 2
Martial Arts (Punch): Spd 5  Acc +1  Dmg +0B  Def +2  Rate 3

Defenses:

Dodge DV: xx
Dodge MDV: xx

Soak: xL/xB/A xL/xB
Hardness: xL/xB

Health Levels: -0x1, -1x2, -2x2, -4, Incap.

Expenditure
-----------

Bonus points

Experience
(list XP expenditure here)

Appearance:

Background:

Empyrean

Alrighty! I've posted up our character sheet and ooc threads in NC-Exotic System: Small Groups. :) Please head on over and add your sheets so we can get this party started!

Edit to Add: Zaer, could you repost? I placed it in the Freeform section instead of the System section by mistake. Mea culpa.

Idej

So, umm anyword on what we have character wise.

I think some of us want to know. :)