Interest Check - oWoD style Marvel Mutants

Started by Krysia, July 26, 2011, 11:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krysia

OOC = https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=114752.0

Character Thread = https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=114753.0

The pdf is up in the OOC thread. :) I'm still in the process of working out all the creation rules so that they'll be up a little later when I flesh them completely out.

I'm asking that characters be no younger then 17 anyway. Seniors in high school can be 17 but for my own personal comfort level I'm asking characters be 17 to 20. 18+ preferred. You could of been a late comer to the school.

PhantomPistoleer

Quick question:

I want to make a character that has Flight, and can fly at a speed of Mach 1.  In fact, that would be his codename.  That requires a power level of 6 points.  When you say "power potential," does that mean I can only put three points into a power?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Krysia

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 28, 2011, 10:37:23 AM
Quick question:

I want to make a character that has Flight, and can fly at a speed of Mach 1.  In fact, that would be his codename.  That requires a power level of 6 points.  When you say "power potential," does that mean I can only put three points into a power?

No it would mean if you want a power level of 6 you'd have to have a power potential of 6 or higher.

Say if you started with a power potential of 8 (which HAS to be leveled at starting and can't go any higher with xp) you're MAX power levels eventually would stop at 8.

It's just showing how strong you are or can be in the future. And it works on 'all' your powers, accept tertiary ones. The ones you can level with xp could go to say the 8. 10 is extremely rare. Ice Man has a power potential of 10 and he's considered one of the legendary mutants in the world. IE The most powerful ones.

PhantomPistoleer

Next question:

If I want to purchase a power, is it a single point for a power point, or do I have to pay one creation point for the first power point, and two creation points for two power points?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Krysia

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 28, 2011, 10:48:58 AM
Next question:

If I want to purchase a power, is it a single point for a power point, or do I have to pay one creation point for the first power point, and two creation points for two power points?

Most powers cost only 1 point to buy per dot. There are some powers in the book that cost double points per dot for them. Most of them have a asterisk after them (*). For example: Energy weapons, emission and so on labeled null fire cost double.

PhantomPistoleer

Cool.  My character's going to be a flyer with invulnerability and high physical abilities.

I will probably need to look through merits and flaws later.  Is there a site for oWOD that's similar to d20srd.com?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Krysia

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 28, 2011, 11:04:05 AM
Cool.  My character's going to be a flyer with invulnerability and high physical abilities.

I will probably need to look through merits and flaws later.  Is there a site for oWOD that's similar to d20srd.com?

There was. I have another pdf with all merits and flaws in it but it doesn't explain them properly. It gives book numbers and where to look for them. Best bet is to scan 4shared for some books to look through.

PhantomPistoleer

FINAL question!

Can I do this:

Mach One has a power potential of three, so his flight is at 3 (meaning he can fly at 150 km/h).

Using freebies, can I pay 6 points to increase his power potential to six, and then an additional 15 points to increase his flight to 6?

Edit:

I also want to give Mach One a 5 to Brawl, but only when he's flying.  Instead of paying 2 freebie points for 1 skill point, can I pay 1 freebie point to make Mach One's Brawl look like (Brawl: 2/5* *only in flight)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Krysia

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 28, 2011, 11:47:31 AM
FINAL question!

Can I do this:

Mach One has a power potential of three, so his flight is at 3 (meaning he can fly at 150 km/h).

Using freebies, can I pay 6 points to increase his power potential to six, and then an additional 15 points to increase his flight to 6?

I don't see a problem with that at all. :)

QuoteEdit:

I also want to give Mach One a 5 to Brawl, but only when he's flying.  Instead of paying 2 freebie points for 1 skill point, can I pay 1 freebie point to make Mach One's Brawl look like (Brawl: 2/5* *only in flight)

You'd still have to spend the points to get the brawl of 5.

Muse

*Grins* 

For a while I thought you were talking about Aberant. 

May I play? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Krysia

Quote from: Muse on July 28, 2011, 10:39:54 PM
*Grins* 

For a while I thought you were talking about Aberant. 

May I play?

Nope nope, don't know Aberant. >.> I stick primarily to Werewolf (Love Kin!), Mage, Mortal, Changeling, and sometimes Hunter.

I don't mind if you want to play at all. :) I might have 1 other player as well. If I can prod him to actually log in.

Jin

Welcome if you have any questions let us know :)

PhantomPistoleer

How many players are in this?  And how many players have characters in development with the GMs?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Jin

@ PhantomPistoleer 

7 possibly 8 it seems like... I know I am working with someone on theirs but can help others if they need it :)

Krysia

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 28, 2011, 10:50:36 PM
How many players are in this?  And how many players have characters in development with the GMs?

So far I know of 1 character in development with Jin. I'm fixing my "Npc" character to be starter level again. My irl husband is interested in playing as well so that would make 8 not including my npc.

Krysia

Just a small note to people. In the book there is a power energy type listed as NullFire. I'm not going to allow it in the game because of the HUGE headache that it'll cause. I don't want any accidents caused by it's intended uses.

Alliance

Jin

Well I don't see why not we just had one drop out but the final decision rests with Krysia. Im just helping Her out cause I know the system :)

Alliance

All right. I will await orders from the main head.

This is merely for interest sake and not as I am going to make this character: What would you say to a symboite? Like Venom from Spider Man.

Jin

Alliance, Welcome to the game be sure to Check the ooc and character thread My sheet is up there for Kouryu. You can kinda see how I did the sheet.

PaleEnchantress

So far do we have anyone who is into Male x Male? I've been wanting an excuse to make a character who is a reverse gender clone of the Black Queen (Selene). If not a clone then a parallel earth version. Clone i think works better though since you said you prefer original characters.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Krysia

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on July 30, 2011, 10:58:53 PM
So far do we have anyone who is into Male x Male? I've been wanting an excuse to make a character who is a reverse gender clone of the Black Queen (Selene). If not a clone then a parallel earth version. Clone i think works better though since you said you prefer original characters.

I'm actually not too sure about what the orientation of people are, other then myself. I know I've got a bunch of male characters so far. Jin has been helping people with there character while I get the game information up and running.

Jin

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on July 30, 2011, 10:58:53 PM

Can only speak for myself here I am not interested in Male x Male pairings. Don't have anything against people who want to just not for me.

Krysia

I've got 3 character sheets up so far. :) Anyone else going to post theirs?

Jin

Seaweed and I are working on his should be able to get it up there soon :)