The Hunt! (Lovecraft Supernatural New Orleans Group)

Started by Norsegod1839, February 06, 2018, 08:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norsegod1839

NEW ORLEANS

Another dimension

Another time

A city shrouded in mystique and vodoo, a place where gypsies and witches walk in the door and vampires and ghouls at night. A safe haven for those still recovering from the American Civil War and fleeing from the monsters that plague the marshes and swamps outside of town. An uneasy alliance has formed between the supernatural element and the human element. They call themselves the council and work together to keep both sides of the town safe. It's those kind folk that fund the hunters who are taking back our lands one bullet at a time. The hunters are our saving grace and will allow us to take back the farms and abandoned homesteads our forefathers made.

Who am I you may ask? My name is Father Mandeline and I run the church in the town. My job ordained by the holy lord himself is to bring his lost flock to the town. Even if you are not a man or woman of faith I implore you to head my messages and come to the city. We offer comfort and safe haven for any one interested. Let those rebels and fools still clinging to the old war fight over the blood soaked land. Be reborn in New Orleans and join our righteous city!

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to read my little story blurb and your interest! This takes place in another version of earth one that recently had a civil war that left the country ravaged and partially destroyed. This is also a world where the supernatural is very much known. Creatures of the night and of the day walk among people normally. Humans and inhumans have had trouble getting along and New Orleans is one of the first to have people working together. New Orleans itself is safe and has work for everything from prostitutes to merchants and engineers.

For those of you interested in the action area there is the hunters. The hunters go into the area around New Orleans which is teeming with feral monsters and clear out the infestations. The idea behind that being that humanity and inhumans are taking back their territory slowly but surely.

Players can be anything they wish of the supernatural and or natural. Please let me know if interested!

NOTE

Character sheet is up

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=283219.0

Out Of Character Room

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=283277.0

Current Player Roster

Foxi Oni: Madame Xing Ming

Barbara Gordon: Dana Prumble

Giant Mutant Crab: John

Bekah Boo: Noire Mandeline

Rebelle: Rowena Quincy

TamaRose

Interested! I haven't seen anything like since I did Interview With A Vampire RP's!

InoshimaLance

Norsegod1839

Cosmo_ac

I am definitely curious.  Can you give me a little more info?  Like an idea what the time setting would be,  is this going to be system or freeform, sandboxy or more linear, etc?

Callie Del Noire

Norsegod1839

Welcome aboard you two!

Cosmo! For your questions since it takes place on an alternate ish earth it can be any time really in terms of what time I want it to FEEL like I am thinking something cowboy and old west like. Technology is moving forward but not quite there yet

Sandboxy is my thought! People who want to be hunters can be sent by me to go on hunts and complete contracts of various monsters roaming the country side!

Cosmo_ac

Ok, so your thinking more like Deadwood/Tombstone/Westworld as far as setting and technology (in, of course, New Orleans) vs. say, 1920-30-ish Boardwalk Empire/Road to Perdition/Lawless type setting?

Norsegod1839

Yeah something like that! A lot of it will go in your guys feedback as well and what you want to see and not see

Foxy DeVille

Tentative interest based on if my wee brain can think of a good concept.

Hobbes1266

This looks neat, I'll be thinking up something for a character. Are there any restrictions for characters? The game is set in an alternate earth, but it's not entirely clear what type of time period it takes place in, would it be near future, modern or civil war/reconstruction era?

Norsegod1839

Civil war reconstruction era type! With the technology being in the era of the old west?

Hobbes1266

Okay cool, that's what I thought at first but some comments made me unsure. Anything that's off limits as far as character creation?

Norsegod1839

Callie Del Noire

Like a psychic with out of control powers.. I have this idea of an heiress who can read objects and as a result lives on a newly constructed barge and brings her own cutlery and cups...

Norsegod1839

That sounds great! Consider it approved already! lol

Foxy DeVille

I'm batting around an idea based around a Chinese pirate who arrives at the city in search of... something. Fun fact: New Orleans actually had a surge of Chinese immigrants during Reconstruction so this would be a totally historically accurate idea except for the many many parts that won't be. 

RegretNot

This sounds like a fun setting, what about a member of the Knight's Templar sent to New Orleans to try to bring his families name from the ashes of his grandfather's sins and his father leaving the order from feeling unwelcome?  Deacon Bedville coming with occult knowledge and willpower rather than belief in the all powerful word of God.  The dark family history of power corrupting at his heels with the ideal to do great things against the evils of the world and raise his families lineage from ashes of history in the secret society community.  Little support from the Knight's Templar, letting someone with great skill but expendable to scout out New Orleans.   

Norsegod1839

I like that idea a tone Regret Not! I wasn't thinking about Templars and stuff which I feel is very shame on me! I love the idea and I think we have enough people for me to officially open a character sheet room! I will get to work on that!

Rebelle

Hey count me in!

I have a concept:

Banshee - using the mythos from Teen Wolf (still watching the seasons) A Banshee can foretell death or something very 'wrong' that is coming, as well as use her voice as a weapon.   She was used as a weapon but managed to break free and head to the South, though her previous owner(s) are still alive.  She wears.. well what I could consider... like a headdress almost that covers her eyes and ears for fear of activating her powers, as they can be at times unpredictable, though this is something that she is working on and only speaks in a soft whisper. 

Norsegod1839

Wow that sounds great! Count your concept as approved!

Giantmutantcrab

Hello!

I have interest for this game.

Are you still accepting new players?

And would a wild west gunslinger be an acceptable character concept?

Norsegod1839

It totally would!

You guys can expect a character sheet room up shortly!

Norsegod1839

Bekah Boo

Are you still looking for new players?
I was toying with the idea of maybe a half bred of sorts having her own little sort of tavern made to further bring humans and non humans together, a sort of safe place for both sides to simply sit back and enjoy a nice cold one.
Is that reaching too far or no?
And of course it could be a place where many could look through the various ads for news of a rampant group of troubles and all, as well as getting some information from a local herself.