Time is running out...

Started by Lady Jenn, May 31, 2012, 11:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Temptress

Hannah ceases her steps and she stands by Jake as she listens to Merlin with peeked curiousity.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"What the hell is that thing?" Jake asked.

"It's a Crystal Dragon," the prince replied. "The last of its kind, somehow the Time Hunters have exploited its powers to cause rips all through the timeline."

"So we just go and kill it then surely?" Jake asked.

"Good luck with that," the ogre replied. "A crystal dragon's skin is as hard as diamond, even dragon magic would struggle to as much as scratch that creature."

Lady Temptress

Hannah just stands there at a loss for words and she just very confused at the latest turn of events while she listens to Jake, the prince . Along with the orge.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"The Dawnstar blade," Merlin said. "That's why she gave it to us, she knew this was waiting for us. We need to use that, before it decides to fight back and causes more destruction."

Lady Temptress

She nods her head in agreement to Merlin and she stands by Jake. " We best get going then."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Only one of you can go," the ogre said. "The effect of that sword will damage anyone nearby, we should be minimising casualties."

Lady Temptress

" I can go." Hannah says speaking up quickly and without hesitation.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"No," Merlin said. "I'm an anomaly, I shouldn't exist in the timeline, I die and no damage is done." He saw his father's confused face. "I've seen the truth, I didn't want to tell you two because I feared if I did you would try to stop me when the time came."

Lady Temptress

" I want to go home now and I don't like it here anymore, I'm taking Merlin with me."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Before Merlin could speak a lightning bolt slammed into a tree near them, incinerating it in moments. "What the hell was that?" Jake said, panic in his voice.

"The longer that rift is open the stronger the dragon becomes," the Prince replied. "If you don't kill it soon not even the blade of the Dawnstar will have any effect."

Lady Temptress

Hannah groans at the unknown thing that destroyed the tree and she stays sieltn, not knowing what to say or do.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Dad," Merlin said to Jake. "It has to be one of us three. I'm not letting you or mum do this, and the elves and the ogre wouldn't be able to get anywhere near that. You can like it or not, but you can't stop me." He grabbed the sword, gripping it tightly in his hand as he turned to face the immense creature that awaited him.

Lady Temptress

"No! Stop!" Hannah then makes a dive at Merlin trying to shuve him out of the way to grab the sword herself.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Merlin deftly dodged out of the way, Jake having to drag Hannah out of the way of another energy bolt which impacted where she had stood moments before. "Merlin, go. We both know if you don't go now we won't get another chance."

"Tell her I'm sorry," Merlin said, gripping the sword tightly and jumping into the middle of the crater. A few minutes later there was an immense flash. When it cleared the enemy were gone, Jake and the others were unconscious and there was no sign of Merlin or the dragon anywhere, just the Dawnstar Blade lying in the centre of the crater.

Lady Temptress

Hannah tries to break away from Jake's hold as she yells at them all. " No! Let me go! Merlin, No!" Then , Hannah, Jake and the others all pass out onto the ground.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Jake felt himself being shaken awake, discovering one of the Prince's men stood over him, offering his hand to help him up. He looked into the crater, seeing the sword lying there. "There has to be a way of bringing him back," he said to the Prince.

"You can't," said Gaia, who seemed to have appeared from nowhere. "Merlin...or that version of him at least...and the dragon were time anomalies. If the timeline is to be healed they cannot exist. If you go back and save them his sacrifice will have been for nothing."

Lady Temptress

Hannah still remains on the ground and unconscious, totally unaware of whats taking place around her.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

There was a loud bang from somewhere nearby, making Jake jump. Gaia picked Hannah up and handed her to Jake. "This timeline is collapsing, you must return to the fortress."

"Will she remember what happened?" he asked. "Will either of us?"

"Before you came here? Maybe," Gaia replied. "But it will be as if this battle never took place. I am not sure she will remember meeting him, though that may be a good thing ultimately."

Lady Temptress

( Sorry for the wait. Thought I had posted.)                         Hannah remains out cold and the shock of it all, plus being pregnant was too much for her. She will be fine, but she just needs to rest and no unexpected stressfull situations.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Within a few minutes they found themselves within the fortress again, the crystal glowing more faintly. "Did it work?" Jake asked.

"Yes, said one of the figures, who walked over to Hannah and placed a hand on her body to try and heal her. "What will happen to you once you leave here though, I don't know. We are outside the timeline so the changes don't effect us."

Lady Temptress

Hannah feels energy running through her body and she awakens slowly with a slight headache. She has no memory at all of what just took place and or that Merlin was even there to begin with. " Eh..what happened? Why does my head hurt?"
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"We were..." Jake started saying, before being interrupted by a stern look from the ogre. "You had a fall, nothing serious though. Luckily we found you."

"I am Sh'iran," the figure said. "Well...that's not my actual name but I don't think you could even begin to pronounce my actual name."

Lady Temptress

Hannah looks at Jake curiously and she doesn't believe a word he is saying, but she goes along with their lie. " I uh see and thanks love." She nods her head to the person or creature thats speaking towards her and Hannah puts her right out in a greeting hand shake for a friendly gesture. " Nice to meet you."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"You may stay for a while," Shi'ran said. "If for no other reason than to ensure you are fit enough to travel. I can bring you whatever food or drink you wish."

Lady Temptress

Hannah shakes her head and she flashes a tired smile at them all. " Thank you, but I'm fine now. We can continue the journey."
Lady Dreamer