Dark Heresy: Shadows of the Tyrant

Started by Dakkon, January 10, 2014, 02:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGTDan

Quote from: FallenDabus on January 13, 2014, 02:04:10 PM
The Tanith First and Only may want to have a work with you. So would the White Scars. And the Blood Angels. And the Space Wolves (seriously, the fucking Inquesition's scared of doing evil things around them). And the Salamanders. Actually all the Loyalist First Foundings except the Dark Angels would.

That's the thing... The 40k universe is a horrible, horrible place to live in, but there are still decent people in it. For every couple examples of Grimdark, there's someone trying to be decent and often times outright heroic. They just don't get to expect a happy ending, but often time, their so stubborn that that doesn't matter to them.
Decent people yes, I am not denying that the people listed are decent or honest hard fighting men and woman. However to class them as "good" is relative to what you define as good. They may fight for humanity and noble reasons but everyone has vices, sins and bad habits. It's what makes everyone human or even those Space Marines human. That's why I love this universe. Is the Imperium a good guys? Depends who you are. Are the Space Marines the Emperor's loyal ass kicking holy knights? Again depends on who you are. While there may be decent people doing decent things it doesn't make them the good guys.

My opinion anyho
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

Baalborn87

Just so you know. I bought him a flamer. For burning heretics and mutants and such........and anyone who makes a fork 'andles joke. And a hammer

SGTDan

I'll be on my best Emperor worshiping behavior then
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

Rolls-
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Roll 1: 6
Roll 2: 15
Roll 3: 9
Roll 4: 10
Roll 5: 12
Roll 6: 19
Roll 7: 14
Roll 8: 7
Roll 9: 2 22
Roll 10: 16

Well, getting rid of that 2, that's 108pts worth which isn't bad. The 6, 7, and 9 are going to be a pain in the ass but I think I can work with it. Gives me an average of 32, which means I think I'll keep this array.
Fate point roll: https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=53588
Wounds: https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=53589
Income Roll: https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=53590
Tarot Roll: https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=53591

Starting Package
Skills: Speak Language (Low Gothic), Awareness, Dodge
Talents: Melee Weapon Training (Primitive), Unremarkable, Pistol Training (Las), Basic Weapon Training (SP), Pistol Training (SP)
Equipment: Hunting Rifle + 16 rounds, knife, 3 doses of stimm, charm (corpse hair), black bodyglove (common quality clothing)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Leonora d'Vulpe  Age: 27
Homeworld: (Noble Origin//Imperial World)
WS: 40 BS: 44 STR: 34 T: 32 AG: 36 INT: 26 PER: 29 WP: 30 FEL: 30
Corruption: 0      Insanity: 0
Tarot: "Be a boon to your fellows and a bane to your enemies" +3 fellowship
Income Level: 500 Thrones/month (1500 starting)
Fate Points: 2
Wounds: 12+3
Armor: Head 3, Body 4, Arms 4, Legs 4

Experience (Unspent/Total): 400/400
Spending List

Simple Weapon Skill Advance= 100xp
Simple Ballistic Skill Advance= 100xp
Inquiry= 100xp
Silent Move= 100xp

Traits:
Etiquette
Nobles are schooled in how to comport themselves in all
manner of formal situations.
Effect: You gain a +10 bonus on Charm, Deceive and
Scrutiny Tests when dealing with high authority and in
formal situations.

Supremely Connected

Nobles have extensive connections and you know that
dropping the “right” names into a conversation can open
more doors than a fistful of Thrones.
Effect: You begin play with the Peer (Nobility) talent.
In addition, you also gain Peer (Academics, Adeptus
Mechanicus, Administratum, Astropaths, Ecclesiarchy,
Government, Mercantile, Military or Underworld), selecting
one category to reflect your family’s powerbase.

Vendetta

Every noble house has its sworn enemies and rivals who would
do it and its members harm. Joining the Holy Ordos doesn’t
stop this, it merely forces those who wish you harm to be a bit
more cautious and subtle in exacting their vengeance.
Effect: You have powerful enemies, perhaps in the shape
of a rival noble house or some other powerful group. The
details of these enemies are left to you and the GM to define,
working together to create a formidable threat. While they
do not dog your steps at every turn, they are still out there,
aiming to inconvenience, harm or kill you when you cross
their path, You, of course, are free to return the favour when
it’s expedient to do so.

Wealth

Those born into the nobility are also born in to wealth and
enjoy the fruits of their family’s fortunes.
Effect: You begin play with double the starting number of
Thrones. You are also Noble for the purposes of determining
monthly income (see page 124 of Dark Heresy).

Talents: Peer (Nobility), Peer (Military), Unremarkable, Basic Weapon Training (SP), Melee Weapon Training (Primitive), Pistol Weapon Training (SP), Pistol Weapon Training (Las)

Basic Skills:

Trained Skills: Awareness (Per), Dodge (Ag), Speak Language (Low Gothic), Inquiry (fel), Silent Moves (agi)

Equipment: Weapons : Hunting Rifle w/16 rounds, Compact Laspistol, Sword, knife, Charm, Black Bodyglove, 3 doses of Stimm, 1500 thrones worth of gear.

Hunting Rifle:
Laspistol:
Mono-Sword:
Mono-Knife:

Background

Desired Ordos: (Can be any, not just the big three)

Personality

Appearance
Height: 1.75m
Build: Svelte (65kg)
Hair Color:
Eye Color:

Group Associations:

Inquisitor 1:

Inquisitor 2:

Orientation: Bis- oh, you mean religious orientation. Moderate

Other Notes:

Notes to GM: Pending approval into the game, will need to talk about the Vendetta trait.

Xeno Mesh: 375 (2kg)
Mesh Cowl: 100 (.5kg)
Cameleoline Cloak: 500 (.5kg)
Clip Harness/Drop Harness: 25 (2kg)
Microbead: 20 (-)
Grapnel: 30 (2kg)
Backpack: 10 (1kg)
Total: 1060 (8kg)
Weapon Upgrades: Mono mod for sword and knife (40e for 80 total)
Red-dot sight and silencer for hunting rifle (60 total, +1kg total)
Total: 140 thrones, 1kg
Total shopping list: 1200 thrones, 9kg.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SGTDan

Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

With a BS of 39, if I put 100xp into boosting that, I can be our go-to for sniping :P

Which is what I plan on. Hunting rifle + silencer + red-dot sight. Noble gives me a LOT bigger budget to work with, as well as some lovely fluff effects such as being from a noble house.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SGTDan

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 13, 2014, 03:40:35 PM
With a BS of 39, if I put 100xp into boosting that, I can be our go-to for sniping :P

Which is what I plan on. Hunting rifle + silencer + red-dot sight. Noble gives me a LOT bigger budget to work with, as well as some lovely fluff effects such as being from a noble house.

Alright Mister Money Bags
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

Hey now. That's Money Bags Sniper McGee to you.

Hunting rifle mod'd into a sniper and a cameoline cloak so I can stay hidden.... All you guys will have to do is get the target out into sight :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

On the subject of good people in 40k, i have a friend who described it best (imo anyway): Its not about being good, to be good is to be virtuous, and the Imperium has a culture that shares little in common with virtue as we accept it. All the virtues we know have shrivelled into virtual nonexistence, neither upheld nor desired, except Valour, which without other virtues to balance it, has ballooned into this hideous malformed abomination that all but runs the Imperium of Man beneath its unflinching and uncompromising mien. All of its dogma, cruelty, heroism and tenacity flow from this. So while a imperial hero might not be 'good', they are valorous,

On a less serious note, you know something has gone horribly wrong with the techpriest is the party face XD

and while i am gleeful of the prospect of aggressive exp gain, i admit to being more interested in aggressive throne gain... need to load up on those augmetics!

SGTDan

Quote from: Darkling on January 13, 2014, 04:29:03 PM
On the subject of good people in 40k, i have a friend who described it best (imo anyway): Its not about being good, to be good is to be virtuous, and the Imperium has a culture that shares little in common with virtue as we accept it. All the virtues we know have shrivelled into virtual nonexistence, neither upheld nor desired, except Valour, which without other virtues to balance it, has ballooned into this hideous malformed abomination that all but runs the Imperium of Man beneath its unflinching and uncompromising mien. All of its dogma, cruelty, heroism and tenacity flow from this. So while a imperial hero might not be 'good', they are valorous,

On a less serious note, you know something has gone horribly wrong with the techpriest is the party face XD

and while i am gleeful of the prospect of aggressive exp gain, i admit to being more interested in aggressive throne gain... need to load up on those augmetics!
I agree with this completely, makes a lot of sense.

Also, I've seen weirder things but the techpreist as a face definitely is among that list.

Not my fault Antoz is a...bit crazy/insane/has dark gods whispering in his brain.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

Shopping List

Xeno Mesh: 375 (2kg)
Mesh Cowl: 100 (.5kg)
Cameleoline Cloak: 500 (.5kg)
Clip Harness/Drop Harness: 25 (2kg)
Microbead: 20 (-)
Grapnel: 30 (2kg)
Total: 1050 (7kg)
Weapon Upgrades: Mono mod for sword and knife (40e for 80 total)
Red-dot sight and silencer for hunting rifle (60 total, +1kg total)
Total: 140 thrones, 1kg
Total shopping list: 1190 thrones, 8kg.

I can buy a microbead for everyone if they need it.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SGTDan

I wouldn't mind a smoke grenade and a frag if you have the cash to spare
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ChaoticSky

Mhm, the perennial question; cute or sexy? any preferences? ;)

Wargtass

O/O

SGTDan

Quote from: Darkling on January 13, 2014, 07:32:22 PM

I prefer cute
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Darkling on January 13, 2014, 07:32:22 PM

I tend to make my characters a mix of both. Cute in one moment and sexy in the right dress ;)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SGTDan

I'm enjoying watching peoples characters be filled in, it's neat to see the progress. I find it very intriguing to watch the thought processes.

One thing I am liking right now is the two faces develop, a social assassin is far more scary then a silent stalking kind personally. The fact he can blend into a crowd and be anywhere is kind of neat. The social techpreist doesn't need much said...that's just hilarious/awesome on it's own merit. Terian's female guard/Karskin I'm curious where she's going. This shaping up to be a neat array of characters, I don't envy Fallen having to chose four out of this lot.

Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

I'm hoping I get in, I got some darn good rolls xD

Also, my social assassin is going to be a gal :P

I do need to work on her background though, as well as find a suitable picture for her. Something like a cloak and hood with a sniper rifle, with a slight schizo-tech feel to it.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SGTDan

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 13, 2014, 09:02:39 PM
I'm hoping I get in, I got some darn good rolls xD

Also, my social assassin is going to be a gal :P

I do need to work on her background though, as well as find a suitable picture for her. Something like a cloak and hood with a sniper rifle, with a slight schizo-tech feel to it.

My apologies...I saw Ezio and figured it'd be male:P

Well I look forward to your background.

If anyone feels the need to, feel free to steal my background format if you want. I won't mind at all! Copy cat
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Wargtass

As far as I am going for tonight. It's 4am dammit.  :P

Not sure what to make of him now, but all the difficult stuff is out of the way.

Name: Richter               Age:32
Career: Arbitrator         Career Rank: Trooper (Rank 1)
Homeworld: Unknown (Mind Cleansed: The Sole Survivor)
WS: 30  BS: 30  STR: 30  T: 45*  AG: 30  INT: 45*  PER: 30  WP: 30 FEL: 20
Corruption: 1      Insanity: 7
Wounds: 9   Fate Points: 3
Tarot: "Innocence is an illusion."
Income Level:

Experience (Unspent/Total): 0/400
Spent on:

Intelligence Advance Simple - 100
Toughness Advance Simple - 100
Awareness - 100
Scrutiny - 100

Traits:
Failsafe Control

All  Mind  Cleansed  Inquisitorial  agents  have  a  failsafe command  trigger  implanted  in  their  minds  to  prevent them  from  turning  on  their  masters.  Only  the  relevant NPC  (their  Inquisitor  for  example),  should  ever  have access  to  this  trigger,  which  usually  must  be  delivered telepathically  or  by  a  specific  sonic  cadence  (a  simple code phrase is usually judged too risky).
Imperial Conditioning

Inquisition  mind-scrubs  are  usually  carried  out  to destroy selective memories but leave useful skills intact. Likewise  the  mind  is  often  implanted  with  psychic barriers to prevent tampering, increase mental resilience and ensure loyalty.
Through A Mirror darkly

The  mind  cleansing  process  has  numerous  side  effects, including an eroding effect on the subject’s sanity and unique dangers of its own for the character.
Shards of Memory

The Sole Survivor: The steel walls are stained with blood, the blood of your friends and comrades. You can hear their screams still as if they were frozen in the air. You wander long corridors empty but for the memory of death, alone, the last survivor envying the dead.

Talents: Basic Weapon Training (SP), Jaded, Melee Weapon Training (Primitive), Quick Draw, Pistol Weapon Training (SP and Las),

Basic Skills: Common Lore (Tech), Survival,

Trained Skills: Common Lore (Adeptus Arbites, Imperium), Deceive, Inquiry, Intimidate, Literacy, Speak Language (Low Gothic),

Equipment:

Background

Desired Ordos: Ordo Xenos or Hereticus.

Personality

Appearance

Height: 6'4

Build: Well built

Hair Color: Dirt Blonde

Eye Color: Green

Group Associations:

Inquisitor 1: Celia Averni of the Ordo Xenos is the more pleasant of the two sisters. A shameless flirt and a radical who should have been caught red-handed in some forbidden xenos jar a long time ago, she nonetheless keeps delving into the mysteries of the alien with reckless abandon. Truly she must be successful in some manner, or else she surely would have been dead a long time ago.

Inquisitor 2: Cordelia Averni is the polar opposite of her sister. Stern, serious and cruel, she teaches as much with strict lectures as with the cane. Unlike Celia she is orthodox to the extreme and Richter has heard stories of Cordelia trying to frame her sister and even outright murder her. He has no doubt that she has done so and is not in any way aiming to get on the same list as Celia.

Orientation: Moderate. Having been schooled by both Celia and Cordelia on separate occasions, Richter has learned that both camps have their pros and cons. For now it is best to keep opinions on the low end and just follow orders...

Other Notes:

Notes to GM:
O/O

SGTDan

Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

Great, now I can't give my character a tragic past of having her family killed by Templars.... :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Found a picture for my assassin gal :D

Call me Shadow
My A/A

SGTDan

Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A