The Queens of Red and White: Closed

Started by Ember Star, August 20, 2013, 12:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

Quote from: Miss Kaia on September 14, 2013, 02:11:34 PM
Would you possibly need a good cat sidhe or fairy living in the red queens woods?  (typing on my phone right now, sorry for the grammar)
Possibly.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Chrystal

Quote from: Miss Kaia on September 14, 2013, 02:11:34 PM
Would you possibly need a good cat sidhe or fairy living in the red queens woods?  (typing on my phone right now, sorry for the grammar)

Good as in, "well written", or good as in "Good alignment"?

I'm asking because the former is always welcome, but the latter might not be welcome in the Red Queendom..... *evil cackle*

Um, yeah, I'm just the bad girl. Ignore me...

(At your peril...!)

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

mayovagn

Hello,

Given the post length minimum and that clashing with my writing style for certain types of scenes especially dialogue in the case of it and in a lot of combat situations, would joint posts worked on with other writers in the game be acceptable in those cases?
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

Ember Star

Quote from: mayovagn on September 14, 2013, 04:31:24 PM
Hello,

Given the post length minimum and that clashing with my writing style for certain types of scenes especially dialogue in the case of it and in a lot of combat situations, would joint posts worked on with other writers in the game be acceptable in those cases?
Yes. You and other characters can certainly collaborate on such things.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Rukio

How does an assassin playing like he works for both sides, but really is just using them for the fact that both sides pay him sound to y'all?

Ember Star

Sounds like an interesting character that I'd like to see develop. Though given the royals on the White side telepathic and empathic abilities, it makes them hard to deceive.

Rukio

True, but what if he has the power to conceal himself in every way possible. Even his thoughts and emotions?

Ember Star

Depends on what race he is. I texted Ghetto to get his opinion.

Chaosfox

Just wanted to pop up and say after changing the idea behind my character a couple of times I have her set I just need to finish her background and will have submitted either late tonight or tomorrow.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Rukio

Rukio

Or, if that isn't gonna work, how 'bout a vampire noble in the red court?

Chrystal

Quote from: Rukio on September 14, 2013, 05:38:03 PM
How does an assassin playing like he works for both sides, but really is just using them for the fact that both sides pay him sound to y'all?

Quote from: Ember Star on September 14, 2013, 05:40:20 PM
Sounds like an interesting character that I'd like to see develop. Though given the royals on the White side telepathic and empathic abilities, it makes them hard to deceive.

Ember, I hope you don't mind my expressing opinions on "red" characters? This is an interesting concept. The only thing I would be wary of is ....

Quote from: Rukio on September 14, 2013, 05:46:41 PM
True, but what if he has the power to conceal himself in every way possible. Even his thoughts and emotions?

... If he is capable of concealing himself from every form of magical and non magical detection, what is to stop him sneaking in to both of our palaces, killing us both and taking over?

This is an example of an over-powered character, in my opinion.

He MUST have some weakness, some point of vulnerability.

Heck, my character is potentially the most powerful in the world and she has several serious weaknesses!

If I might offer a suggestion, perhaps he can conceal in every conceivable way, but only one at a time! In other words, he can be invisible, but can be detected magically, or he can hide from magic but can be seen with the naked eye. He can hide this thoughts from a telepath, or he can hide his emotions from an empath, but cannot do both at once.

This is just a suggestion, feel free to build on, dismantle, or disregard entirely...

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Ember Star

I actually agree with Chrystal on this. Over concealing yourself is too much. However, I am waiting on Ghetto because he's a bit more defined with hashing out such abilities than I am. I also just like having his opinions on such things before I lay something out.

Also, no, I don't mind your opinion on characters. Especially red characters

Rukio

I do rather like your rework of the idea. And I was actually thinking that maybe he could, instead, be a vampire in direct service to the red queen who hunts down those with special powers, such as the ones we're currently discussing, and drinks their blood to gain more power? We can, of course, keep him very limited. Such as he's focused so much on these other talents that his natural vampire abilities are weakened from neglect.

Chrystal

If he is in the direct service of the Red Queen, she would be using her own special ability to drain him of his power, which is how she stays in control.

As it says in Tyvrah's charsheet, she can make the draining process either really enjoyable of really horrific, and can drain as much or as little as she sees fit. This is how she keeps her daughter subjugated, because the daughter is potentially more powerful than she is! Tyvrah can kill with her ability if she wants, draining all of someone's energy - like she did with the white king.

Anyway, I have no problem with either option, so long as there is a means to control the character.

Angie

Hmm, I like this...I may decide to get in. Would the White Queen be willing to forgive a Werewolf Thief that had tried to steal directly from the Treasury (and got caught) if he/she (can't decide gender yet) swore to follow "one stronger then (him/her)self"? Less supernatural talents, more basic skills, with two alternate forms (a full wolf and a bestial "war" form). I'd like a little help bringing the Thief in line with others, since I can never get the power level quite right when there's no system involved...
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Rukio

Sounds viable. So maybe his abilities aren't weakened from neglect, but from her semi-consistant drain on them. Perhaps she's worried that he wants to take the throne and keeps him in a weakened state just enough to keep herself on the top, but not enough to render him useless.

Kaia

Quote from: Chrystal on September 14, 2013, 02:22:49 PM
Good as in, "well written", or good as in "Good alignment"?

I'm asking because the former is always welcome, but the latter might not be welcome in the Red Queendom..... *evil cackle*

Um, yeah, I'm just the bad girl. Ignore me...

(At your peril...!)
. Alignment.  I think it would pose a good conflict

~ Who cares what and who we are as long as we no longer break ~

Viper

*places appliation in the GM's mail boxes and smiles*

I hope it is satisfactory and helpful to the story, I would love to play around with this character I have built. *smiles*

GhettoMagick

Quote from: Angiejuusan on September 14, 2013, 07:05:59 PM
Hmm, I like this...I may decide to get in. Would the White Queen be willing to forgive a Werewolf Thief that had tried to steal directly from the Treasury (and got caught) if he/she (can't decide gender yet) swore to follow "one stronger then (him/her)self"? Less supernatural talents, more basic skills, with two alternate forms (a full wolf and a bestial "war" form). I'd like a little help bringing the Thief in line with others, since I can never get the power level quite right when there's no system involved...

The white queen is very forgiving so I would assume so, but I'll let ember answer that. I am never worried about people being to strong or being to powerful everyone has a weakness, trust me I can find it.

Quote from: Rukio on September 14, 2013, 07:21:57 PM
Sounds viable. So maybe his abilities aren't weakened from neglect, but from her semi-consistant drain on them. Perhaps she's worried that he wants to take the throne and keeps him in a weakened state just enough to keep herself on the top, but not enough to render him useless.

with your character I will have to see a character sheet to see what you deem to powerful because you might not need the red queen to siphon your energy you may have weaknesses you haven't thought of.

I hope I didn't miss any other questions if so please message me. it's easier for me to check my mailbox than search for them here.
I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

Snowangel

Would this game be in need of a spy of the shape shifting variety? If so I would love to create a spy for hire character that loaned out his or her services to anyone willing to pay the price.
If you were the winter, I know I'd be the snow
Just as long as you were with me, when the cold winds blow.

Oath of the Drake
O/O's

Push the button!!!

Rukio

Sounds good. Should I just go ahead and post the character in the characters page and edit him accordingly?

GhettoMagick

Quote from: Snowangel on September 14, 2013, 10:50:34 PM
Would this game be in need of a spy of the shape shifting variety? If so I would love to create a spy for hire character that loaned out his or her services to anyone willing to pay the price.

Not that I know of but I am sure a character of that caliber would be fine.

Quote from: Rukio on September 14, 2013, 10:55:32 PM
Sounds good. Should I just go ahead and post the character in the characters page and edit him accordingly?

No characters be sent to ember and I so we can edit it, if needed, with you
I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

Ember Star

Quote from: Angiejuusan on September 14, 2013, 07:05:59 PM
Yes. That could work provided there's sufficient evidence that the wolf is loyal. Like Ghetto said, the queen is very forgiving.
Quote from: Snowangel on September 14, 2013, 10:50:34 PM
I could certainly see a character like that being useful.

Another note for all. We now have one character which will be living in the Dark Forest. Another one or two for there wouldn't hurt just so everybody has somebody to play with without going into a queendom

GhettoMagick

all these people interested in red and the dark forest. The white queendom is going to have a lot on their hands.