Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel

Started by Trinity, August 30, 2008, 02:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jefepato

What are Achmed's and HH's characters like?  I'd like to play, but I'd hate to be redundant.

MadPanda

Trying to think of a name.  Thus far I'm hovering around Thuvia Carter ("my uncle was a E.R. Burroughs fan.  Don't get me started.") but I don't know if that feels quite right yet...
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Jefepato on September 15, 2008, 11:01:23 PM
What are Achmed's and HH's characters like?  I'd like to play, but I'd hate to be redundant.

Rather reluctant hero. He does good things by 'choice' or worse things happen (from his perspective)  :D

Cryptic enough?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Athem

Quote from: Jefepato on September 15, 2008, 11:01:23 PM

Slayer - a formerly rather vapid person who has found her purpose.

Jefepato

What, two Slayers?

Anyway, I'm going to have to step down from this game.  I'm not having any character ideas, and I should probably spend more time on the games I'm trying to run anyway.

Trinity

Yeah there's two slayers, it's after the final season of Buffy so there are a lot of slayers running around.

I'm sorry to hear that your not going to be part of it, maybe next time or at a later date.

MadPanda

Wow--two little lost lambikins turned kickers of undead butt?  This could either make for touching sisterly moments of mutual empowerment and emotional bonding or major catfighting.  Take your pick.

Or, of course, hot girl-on-girl makeout fan-service bits.  (I'll take heavily suppressed lesbotic innuendo for 400, please, Alex.)

In Memory of Bishrook

Trinity

I forgot to ask for character descriptions for characters (except Jessica) so would you guys pm me your description so I could put them up in the first post so people know who's who please? Oh and you need to settle on a name MadPanda  ;D Then you can have heavily suppressed lesbian innuendo :)

Here is the link to the game forum, I put it just to make sure there's room for stuff since nobody really voted for the level of sex and stuff we should do, I figured I'd put it there.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21160.0

I'll the beginning up for everybody tomorrow or as quick as everybody gets their descriptions in :)

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

Trinity

I want to thank everybody who's joined :) I'm sure we'll have a good time w/ this game. If there's anything story wise that you want to do w/ your character or episode ideas feel free to shoot them my way. That also goes for hook up ideas to :) Also if I do something your squeamish about let me know, I wouldn't want anybody to quit over something like that, though while I wouldn't do anything bad to any of your characters w/out you asking for it :) Lilly and Victoria are fair game for naughty monsters and the like hehe.

For dice rolling unless people know how to make the dice roller work on this site (I have no earthly idea how it works) we can use invisible castle. Just remember to link your rolls, not saying anyone would cheat or anything but y'know (and there are variable success levels in Angel.)

http://invisiblecastle.com/

I think thats everything (though we need a couple more descriptions please they may have already been in your chars but it's kind of a jumble on my end so I could use the help thanks :) ) Everybody can go ahead and post now. I usually post once a day or so, and I like to let everybody have a chance to post something before I post (though I'll try and post results for combat right after the person who went but if it's your turn to go, you can still go). :)

HairyHeretic

I'll get a description up later. Its been a long time since I played this, so I may need a refresher on the dice rolling mechanics.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

MadPanda

Now is probably a bad time to mention that I do NOT like doing non-con scenes.   >:(  At all.  NOT my thing.  Silly me, didn't think we'd be starting with one... 

In Memory of Bishrook

Trinity

The dice mechanics are pretty easy, everything is 1d20 +skill + attribute w/ any modifiers to the technique (ie kick is -2)

I already talked about this in pm w/ MadPanda, but I'm gonna say it here so it's more clear for everybody. I'm not gonna make anybody do anything they don't want to do (even if it kinda looks that way to begin w/). Sorry I didn't do a real good job of explaining it before, I should have been more explainey on this. I won't make anyone who doesn't want to do a non con scene or a homosexual scene or a whatever scene. So would people please PM w/ stuff they aren't willing to do in this game? Pretty please? And maybe stuff they'd like to do? I don't want to make anybody angry w/ this stuff, and I do admit to having a fairly wicked mind so y'know. I also admit I want to do all the naughty things I've thought of doing in other games but couldn't.

Also there's the option of it being pg13, if people want I could take out all the sex? Which I admit would be kinda disappointing since the nature of this site, but I'd rather have it w/ no sex then not at all.

Here's a list of the combat maneuvers in Angel or Buffy.
Combat Maneuvers:
Aiming: Per + Gun fu or Per + Getting medieval
Bow Shot: Dex + getting medieval -2
Break Neck: Str + Kung Fu
Catch Weapon: Dex + Kung Fu -5
Choke: Str + Kung Fu
Crossbow: Dex + Getting Medieval
Decapitation: Dex + Getting Medieval -5
Dodge: Dex + Acrobatics or Dex + Getting Medieval or Dex + Kung Fu
Feint: Int + Kung Fu or Int + Getting Medieval
Grapple: Dex + Kung Fu + 2
Groin Shot: Combat Maneuver -3
Gunshot: Dex + Gun Fu
Head Butt: Dex + Kung Fu -2
Jump Kick: Dex + Kung Fu-3
Kick: Dex + Kung Fu -1
Knockout: Dex + Kung Fu -2
Melee Weapon: Dex + Getting Medieval
Parry: Dex + Kung Fu or Dex + Getting Medieval
Punch: Dex + Kung Fu
Slam Tackle: Str + Sports
Spin Kick: Dex + Kung Fu -2
Stake (just jabbing w/ it): Dex + Medieval
Sweep Kick: Dex + Kung Fu -2
Takedown: Strength + Kung Fu
Through the Heart: Combat Maneuver -3
Throw Weapon: Dex + Getting Medieval -1
Toss: Strength doubled -4
Wrestling Hold: Strength + Kung Fu -2

Rhapsody

If there's still room, I could get my hands on the books fairly easily, I think.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Trinity

Yup we've still got room :) if you can't get a hold of the books I'm more then willing to help you make a character for it. The system is nice and simple so it really just takes a concept and it's easy enough to put numbers to.