E and Tor

Started by Wajin, October 29, 2013, 06:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wajin

So, is there any rules regarding IP's on Elliquiy? I'm just wondering since I've been using TOR for a while now on my work laptop
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Vekseid

I don't specifically block it, though there have been a few cases where I've had to shut down registration over Tor and other proxies for periods.

Wajin

I can see why that would be necessary, mostly just asking so I could check up on Elliquiy while I'm at work.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

AmberStarfire

Sometimes posts can bounce where their posters have the same IP address, if they post too close together. Normally hubby and I have the same address and we've lost a few posts over the last 6 months (not a lot). If a number of people on E use Tor and their IP is based on their exit node, I'd expect you might have that happen occasionally.