Monsters Wanted: This Means You! (D&D Style Freeform)

Started by Henderson, June 15, 2010, 09:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henderson

-----
Are you an adult monster looking for work?

Chip on your shoulder due to your family being killed by adventurers?

Looking for MONEY? COMPANIONSHIP? a HOME?

-----

Hi. My name is Henderson, and i might be able to help.
I have lived my life serving dragons, and this job seemed to be no different to any others at first. Work for the dragon in order to not get eaten by the dragon. Simple enough, right? Well, apparantly not so much. Apparantly i've been given an extra duty or two, and i'm being made to wear the mantle of Dungeon Master for the boss, and build her a dungeon to keep her hoard safe.

Thats why we need hard working monsters like you to come and help us! We are a bare-bones operation, i've been given a small subsidy in order to... and beleive me, this ones a shocker... pay wages, and buy things that we might need.
Right now, im sitting in a tent in a swamp and i've found a really good place to start digging. Come and find me at the following location so we can talk about your career in DUNGEON MONSTERING.

Henderson Kobold
Secretary to The Dreadnaught
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

Henderson

Hey guys, this is a 'Looking for Players' post to try and find some interest for a group roleplay idea that Myself and Dready had whilst chatting.

Basically, the concept is a bunch of monsters who are not neccisarily very evil making a home in a swamp.

We're talking about Goblins, Kobolds, Orcs, Trolls, all that fun stuff.

Naturally, things might will probably take a turn for the Saucy, as its the intention of this game to be placed in an Adult RP board, so don't feel the need to hold back if you want. Dready might make a post after this one covering things a bit more, since i'm fairly new to Adult RP on this forum.

Heres who i intend to play:

Name: Henderson
Alias': Hendie, Oi, Kobold
Species: Kobold.
Sexual Orientation: Attracted to Females
Demeanour: Nervous and shy, with breif moments of confidence when talking about secretarial things. Uncomfortable around the subject of Sex, for unknown reasons.
Dungeon Role: Secretary. Henderson does the annoying admin work like counting coins so the other monsters can focus on useful jobs. Henderson has been doing Secretary work for going on half his life now, though theres a very small written section of his CV detailing 'Non standard duties' he's been asked to perform. He keeps very quiet about them, aside from explaining he's fairly confident he'll be safe during an adventurer assault.
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

fallensaviour

this is very interesting *starts pulling out 3.5 monster manuals*

Ironwolf85

eh I'll give it a shot if it takes off

Name: Andrew Steelhorn
Alias': Andrew, horny smith, "oh shit!" nameless adventurer
Species: Minotaur
Sexual Orientation: Attracted to Females
Demeanour: intelligent, civilized, confident. unlike many of his kind Andrew is intelligent, capable, and well learned. but there are not many jobs for one of his appearance. as such he moved into to the dungeon and set up shop. he actually worships the Good gods, seeing the combat with adventurers as a nessary part of the world. trials forge better heroes after all.
if it's offered he's more than willing to bend a woman over the anvil and pound her, but he doesn't go looking for such things

Dungeon Role: Brute, forgemaster, occasional leader of other monsters
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

fallensaviour

hmm would a fiendish (monster manual page 107-108) dracotaur (monster manual 3 page 42-43) be acceptable?

name: (havnt decided yet)
alias:
species: (fiendish) dracotaur
sexual orientation: attracted to females
demenor: arogant gruff proud warrior who takes what he wants when he wants it like many of his people he cares little for the well being of those not of his tribe
dungeon role: stratigic brute

dready

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the fiendish dracotaur. 'Ell, not even familiar with a dracotaur other than them being somewhat like a centaur but reptilian-esque.

I approve of the minotaur, always wanted to have one. *checks the resume* Ah, you're a forgemaster. Are you familiar with the warforged?

And I don't want trolls. They're rather well known for their weaknesses and fire is one of the most common element damaging enhancements that adventurers tend to obtain. Also they're never as smart as you wish they were.

fallensaviour

(well i did tell you where to look for the information and i could lose the fiendish if need be.  but if you dont have that book i found their stats on the wizard site http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20040905a&page=3 )

Ironwolf85

Andrew's response: never made one myself... but I could give it a shot if I had the tools
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

dready

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on June 16, 2010, 03:24:35 PM
Andrew's response: never made one myself... but I could give it a shot if I had the tools
You're up for something new, and I like that. You're hired. *tosses a bag of 30 platinum* This should get you the best masterwork tools that you can purchase or hire someone to make.

dready

Quote from: fallensaviour on June 16, 2010, 01:59:21 PM
(well i did tell you where to look for the information and i could lose the fiendish if need be.  but if you dont have that book i found their stats on the wizard site http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20040905a&page=3 )
No fiendish template, original is good enough for what I'd enjoy. *tosses a bag of 30 platinum pieces* Get yourself some masterwork armor, you'll be the scouting guard during construction unless Henderson requires some more muscle.

fallensaviour

Quote from: dready on June 16, 2010, 01:48:53 PM
Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the fiendish dracotaur. 'Ell, not even familiar with a dracotaur other than them being somewhat like a centaur but reptilian-esque.

The large dragon replies in a harsh voice "Never insult me like that again, I am nothing like those miserable beasts"

(also are we going to need anything silly like character sheets/stats? if so what would generation rules be? if not what are we using for silly things like frames of refference for stats)

Geradine

The view from behind a scope puts everything into perspective.

There are many things you can tell about a person by the way he/she writes. -me, i think.

Geradine

how do you feel about a doppleganger?

name: Gerad Honzue
Alias': n/a
species: Doppleganger
sexual orientation: Attracted to females
demeanor: in his natural form, he is somewhat reclusive, tending to stay away from others unless he has to. when he gets used to being around others, he might come out more often.

There are many things you can tell about a person by the way he/she writes. -me, i think.

dready

Quote from: fallensaviour on June 16, 2010, 10:20:56 PMThe large dragon replies in a harsh voice "Never insult me like that again, I am nothing like those miserable beasts"
(also are we going to need anything silly like character sheets/stats? if so what would generation rules be? if not what are we using for silly things like frames of refference for stats)
Those miserable beasts are still given some of my respect as they have their uses as much as you have your own.

(i think the 'skeletons' that have been used in this thread so far would work well for references)

Quote from: Geradine on June 16, 2010, 11:03:18 PMhow do you feel about a doppleganger?
No dopplegangers. They're less trustworthy than a gnome, goblin, and will-o-whisp chimera.

Ironwolf85

Steelhorn, is quick to get to work the next day (let me know when it starts)

dready

I believe that it'll be starting within the next couple of days, if not tonight.

Geradine

i would like to play a psuedodragon,but i doubt you'll alow that...*continues looking*

dready

Quote from: Geradine on June 17, 2010, 06:13:33 PM
i would like to play a psuedodragon,but i doubt you'll alow that...*continues looking*
right on that.

NotoriusBEN

If only there was a way to be a lich without the whole... dead... thing...

name: Baromer Warpchill
species: Human
demeanor: Baromer is more or less interested in increasing his own longevity, and as a bi-product of his sorcery and alchemy has many potions and incantations to beef up any minion-sized army. The ladies also seem to be enchanted by a dark brooding magician and *really* dig the warlock after a potion or two.

Image of Baromer until I can find one that is evil'er and more spikey bits :P

EDIT** Found one!  ;D THIS is Baromer

Geradine

i has found me beastie! Poison Dusk Lizardfolk, pg.96, MMIII.

fallensaviour

Quote from: dready on June 17, 2010, 02:12:05 PM
Those miserable beasts are still given some of my respect as they have their uses as much as you have your own.

He smiles a bit, "do those uses include food?"

(what it says in the mm dracotaurs like to eat centaurs :P...also i'd totally like to find some way for my class to be paladin of tiamat...since i was assuming we were you know...monsters with levels)

dready

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on June 17, 2010, 09:27:01 PM
Using the spell Awaken Undead and then Rot to Flesh will both be able to turn any undead (lacking Int or not) into it's living counterpart, with not a single loss in statistics. :3
Quote from: NotoriusBEN on June 17, 2010, 09:27:01 PMname: Baromer Warpchill
demeanor: Baromer is more or less interested in increasing his own longevity, and as a bi-product of his sorcery and alchemy has many potions and incantations to beef up any minion-sized army. The ladies also seem to be enchanted by a dark brooding magician and *really* dig the warlock after a potion or two.

EDIT** Found one!  ;D THIS is Baromer
Seems good, but the images you have posted are not loading for me for some reason.

Quote from: Geradine on June 17, 2010, 09:32:12 PM
i has found me beastie! Poison Dusk Lizardfolk, pg.96, MMIII.
I'll require a link to such.
Quote from: fallensaviour on June 17, 2010, 10:28:27 PM
(what it says in the mm dracotaurs like to eat centaurs :P...also i'd totally like to find some way for my class to be paladin of tiamat...since i was assuming we were you know...monsters with levels)
(I'm not a fan of having paladins in my ranks, as they tend to get in the way of my whim more than assist)

fallensaviour

(tiamat is LE which would mean the paladin of tyrany from unearthed arcana would be the best fit...whole being lawful evil herself thing...its on this page down a bit http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantcharacterclasses.htm )

dready

Quote from: fallensaviour on June 18, 2010, 01:59:58 PM
(tiamat is LE which would mean the paladin of tyrany from unearthed arcana would be the best fit...whole being lawful evil herself thing...its on this page down a bit http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantcharacterclasses.htm )
I'm familiar with the paladin of tyrrany. Paladins are still paladins, and they take their commands from a higher power than myself. It's basically like having an ally who doesn't tell you what they're planning. No paladins please.

NotoriusBEN

Ok, let's try a direct link to the pic... let me know if you still cant see it.
Maybe gelbooru is illegal in certain countries?

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on June 17, 2010, 09:27:01 PM

name: Baromer Warpchill

EDIT** Found one!  ;D

dready

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on June 18, 2010, 03:21:03 PM
Ok, let's try a direct link to the pic... let me know if you still cant see it.
Maybe gelbooru is illegal in certain countries?

nope, the image itself just won't load. I know that gelbooru is legal in the US.

EDIT: It loaded up, but not the second image.

EDIT: Both images finally loaded up. I think it might 'ave been something to do with the storms.

NotoriusBEN

alrighty, that's good. USA guy here, too.
just wasn't sure.

dready

Though I honestly could always use an alchemist-trained spellcaster. You're hired. *tosses a bag of 30 pieces of platinum* Get yourself some materials, and we'll see you on sunday.

Kunoichi

>>

<<

Looks like a bit of a sausage-fest in here. :P Any room for two lovely ladies?

...Two lovely ladies with at-will Greater Teleport and various other useful spell-like abilities? ;D

Names: Beryl and Berith
Alias': The Fiend Sisters, Beauties of the Lower Planes, etc.
Species': Erinyes and Succubus, respectively.
Sexual Orientations: Attracted to Both Genders and Attracted to Both Genders Everything, respectively.
Demeanours: Polar opposites of one another.  One's neat and ordered, the other messy.  One's fun-loving and carefree, the other's something of a workaholic.  One almost wonders how they manage to get along at all, but they do somehow.  It's like a sitcom, but without the hilarious misunderstandings.
Dungeon Roles: Discipline and Morale, respectively.  Both are willing to fill in anywhere else that's needed, of course.

dready

That at-will Greater Teleport better have a recharger on it like it can be used once per 1d4 rounds.

Other than that, welcome aboard.

Kunoichi

*checks the SRD*

QuoteSpell-Like Abilities
At will—greater teleport (self plus 50 pounds of objects only), charm monster (DC 19), minor image (DC 17), unholy blight (DC 19). Caster level 12th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

QuoteSpell-Like Abilities
At will—charm monster (DC 22), detect good, detect thoughts (DC 20), ethereal jaunt (self plus 50 pounds of objects only), suggestion (DC 21), greater teleport (self plus 50 pounds of objects only). Caster level 12th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

...Not by default, though I wouldn't mind having to accept a 1d4 recharge time.  I think the at-will nature is somewhat counteracted by not being able to take along anything else but 50 pounds of objects, though.  Either way, here are links to the stats of an Erinyes and Succubus, in case you want to put any other limitations on any innate abilities that you see as being overpowered.

Diabolus Lupus

oooh, here's a game I can sink my teeth into. ;D

Let me take a look through some of the characters I've already made (Seriously does it just for fun) And I'll post something when I get back home later.

dready

It all looks to be well within what I'd approve of. If you want you can have the greater teleportation have a limitation of 200 lb but can only be used once per 1d6 rounds instead of being restricted to just 50 lb.

Quote from: Diabolus Lupus on June 18, 2010, 04:50:12 PM
oooh, here's a game I can sink my teeth into. ;D

Let me take a look through some of the characters I've already made (Seriously does it just for fun) And I'll post something when I get back home later.
I'll be waiting.

Kunoichi

Sounds good to me. ^^ Perhaps the sisters will be able to help with dungeon construction?  Transportation of materials, anyway.

Diabolus Lupus

Ok, quick question, how do you feel about the Monster of Legend template?

I'm not sure where to find it online, but it is listed in......MM2 pg. 213.

And Dragonkin? which are in draconomicon around pg 150.

NotoriusBEN

Incidentally, I have a guidebook that has lots of rules and such for building strongholds and dungeons.

We could use it, or not. But it's got prices for stuff and sizes for things (Stronghold Squares), since you gave us the equivalent of 3000G to build our own little section of the dungeon.

So taking the guide into account, since the place is in a marsh (swamp) and going underground, stuff would cost 20% more, but hewn stone walls are free because well... it's underground.

If anything, it's an interesting read...
Since I cannot post a link to it in the forums, and possibly PMs, I could send the link to a dummy hotmail account if you guys want.

Henderson

Mostly, i was going to roleplay it.

Whats the book's name?
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

dready

Quote from: Kunoichi on June 18, 2010, 04:53:42 PM
Sounds good to me. ^^ Perhaps the sisters will be able to help with dungeon construction?  Transportation of materials, anyway.
Sounds splendid. ^-^ Would you both be sharing your room or having separate ones?

Quote from: Diabolus Lupus on June 18, 2010, 04:58:05 PM
Ok, quick question, how do you feel about the Monster of Legend template?

I'm not sure where to find it online, but it is listed in......MM2 pg. 213.

And Dragonkin? which are in draconomicon around pg 150.
No and No to both. Not a fan of either of those.

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on June 18, 2010, 05:06:08 PM
Incidentally, I have a guidebook that has lots of rules and such for building strongholds and dungeons.

We could use it, or not. But it's got prices for stuff and sizes for things (Stronghold Squares), since you gave us the equivalent of 3000G to build our own little section of the dungeon.

So taking the guide into account, since the place is in a marsh (swamp) and going underground, stuff would cost 20% more, but hewn stone walls are free because well... it's underground.

If anything, it's an interesting read...
Since I cannot post a link to it in the forums, and possibly PMs, I could send the link to a dummy hotmail account if you guys want.
I'm familiar with building dungeons in-game, and you don't have to worry about actually creating your own rooms.

Also: you only have 300gp (1 Platinum piece = 10 gp or so i thought. nonetheless, it's enough for whatever you would require to furnish your rooms to how you'd see fit)

As for the dummy hotmail account, no. You can send the information through PM's as they are private.

Diabolus Lupus

Quote from: dready on June 18, 2010, 05:32:21 PM
No and No to both. Not a fan of either of those.
ok. That's cool. What about gargoyles?

Also the conversion rate is 10 gp= 1 pp standard. I have played with varying rates on occasion.

dready

Gargoyles are alright, but those would be rather out of place in a swamp dungeon that is also underground.

Kunoichi

Quote from: dready on June 18, 2010, 05:32:21 PM
Sounds splendid. ^-^ Would you both be sharing your room or having separate ones?

Could they share a room, but have it be big enough for a little divider to seperate it into two mini-rooms?

dready

Quote from: Kunoichi on June 18, 2010, 06:20:38 PM
Could they share a room, but have it be big enough for a little divider to seperate it into two mini-rooms?
I don't see why not. *tosses two bags of 30 platinum each to the two* We should be getting some more adventurers lined up for this.

Diabolus Lupus

Quote from: dready on June 18, 2010, 06:19:57 PM
Gargoyles are alright, but those would be rather out of place in a swamp dungeon that is also underground.
ok. I'll see what I can come up with. I might be able to find a template that might make him fit in a little. Otherwise I'll have to look at some of my "less fun" characters.

dready

Quote from: Diabolus Lupus on June 18, 2010, 06:27:04 PM
ok. I'll see what I can come up with. I might be able to find a template that might make him fit in a little. Otherwise I'll have to look at some of my "less fun" characters.
A Feral Gargoyle might work for an underground dungeon, and I would allow you to replace the flying speed with movement instead cause i think the flight speed is faster than ground for a Gargoyle.

NotoriusBEN

Sigh~ how can a wizard with morally ambiguous plans hope to have a decent laboratory with so little gold to work with... All right you lot, get diggin'.

Baromer sets his minions to digging out tunnels from the main chamber... maybe they'd be lucky and hit a silver-vein or something...

:P

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Now all we need is a Living Spell to clean the hallways and so on...

Ironwolf85

"I'll save my gold for better things..." a minotaur needs tools and labor... the peate could  make fine weapons though

dready

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on June 18, 2010, 06:42:27 PM
Sigh~ how can a wizard with morally ambiguous plans hope to have a decent laboratory with so little gold to work with... All right you lot, get diggin'.

Baromer sets his minions to digging out tunnels from the main chamber... maybe they'd be lucky and hit a silver-vein or something...

:P
It's to purchase anything specific you require without needing to ask me. If you require more, you'll have to run it by me.

Quote from: Kunoichi on June 18, 2010, 06:48:10 PM
Hmm.  Now all we need is a Living Spell to clean the hallways and so on...
I've got a wizard who made an improved version of the Unseen Servant spell, and he owes me some favors so it won't cost anything.

Kunoichi

Quote from: dready on June 18, 2010, 07:32:57 PM
It's to purchase anything specific you require without needing to ask me. If you require more, you'll have to run it by me.

Berith: "Like a torture room?"

Beryl: "Disciplinary room."

Berith: "Oh come now, we both know they're the same thing."

Quote from: dready on June 18, 2010, 07:32:57 PM
I've got a wizard who made an improved version of the Unseen Servant spell, and he owes me some favors so it won't cost anything.

Beryl: "Hmm.  I'd been thinking of something like a Living Prestidigitation, myself.  I could probably draw up a basic statblock for one, if you'd like.  I'd have to check around for pricing estimates, though."

Berith: "Presty!"

Beryl: "...No.  You're not giving this one a name.  I learned my lesson when you energy drained the Living Evard's Black Tentacles to death at our last job posting.  And you're not getting one of those again, either."

Berith: "But...  But my favorite type of tentacle monster..."

dready

Quote from: Kunoichi on June 18, 2010, 07:56:15 PM
Berith: "Like a torture room?"

Beryl: "Disciplinary room."

Berith: "Oh come now, we both know they're the same thing."

Beryl: "Hmm.  I'd been thinking of something like a Living Prestidigitation, myself.  I could probably draw up a basic statblock for one, if you'd like.  I'd have to check around for pricing estimates, though."

Berith: "Presty!"

Beryl: "...No.  You're not giving this one a name.  I learned my lesson when you energy drained the Living Evard's Black Tentacles to death at our last job posting.  And you're not getting one of those again, either."

Berith: "But...  But my favorite type of tentacle monster..."
Yes, though such a room would be slightly deeper in the dungeon than the first initial ones.

Well the spell is a combination between an Unseen Servant bound to an object, with Prestidigitation, and then Animate Object casted on the item, then permanent to seal the three spells together. Tis rather cheap to make, and if multiple ones are made they can be created for special tasks as well. For example, a scrying mirror could be connected to one and it would follow it's owner about as the others clean and perform minor tasks, acting as sentries as well. Though with ideas such as yours, I wouldn't mind a Research and Development team for such items.

Ironwolf85

Steelhorn: eesh do they ever stop? ahh well I got the essencals for a good forgeworks, and a few extras, like underlings to help with the forges, a few luxuries for myself. most of it I can make...
hmmm... once I get up and running i might have a few special projects... maybe a golem or two.
also I spent the gold to find old maps of the region we can expand into a sunken dwarven citidal once we get set up shop

Diabolus Lupus

do we have a relative Hit Die? I'd like to have an idea what kind of abilities my guy would have. *Grins at the thought of a feral gargoyle*

dready

Negative on the expanding into the citadel. We'd have to deal with too much as well as the matter of a secondary entrance into the dungeon. I like the idea of getting some golems though.

I'd say no higher than 8 DH

Drako

This looks like fun. May I play a kender? I was thinking either as a were-tiger or a half-dragon or a half-fiend.

I can find something else to play. I just think kender are fun and it was the first dnd race I ever played.

NotoriusBEN

dready

Quote from: Drako on June 18, 2010, 08:37:45 PM
This looks like fun. May I play a kender?
I have not the slightest clue as to what a kender is.

Drako

know anything about the dragon lance books, dready?

One of the main characters, Tasselhoff (sp?), is a kender. Basically halflings with no fear and the attention span of a two year old. Oh and they also have sticky fingers.

dready

Quote from: Drako on June 18, 2010, 08:46:58 PM
know anything about the dragon lance books, dready?

One of the main characters, Tasselhoff (sp?), is a kender. Basically halflings with no fear and the attention span of a two year old. Oh and they also have sticky fingers.
Sounds more like an adventurer than an employed creature to me. Unfortunately I don't think that I've read the dragon lance books, but I do know enough about a kender through general summaries to tell that they wouldn't do so well within a group of independant creatures employed by some sort of mysterious figure.

Drako

k. I'll see what else I can find. *goes hunting through the monster manuals*

Diabolus Lupus

is there a template or something that would give a creature say a dig speed?

Kunoichi

Quote from: Drako on June 18, 2010, 09:00:20 PM
k. I'll see what else I can find. *goes hunting through the monster manuals*

*recommends Kenku, from Monster Manual III*

Small-sized raven-men with a liking for wealth and power, and excellent teamwork skills. ^^ If we could get a small flock of those in the dungeon, we'd have a nice alternative to your basic Kobold warrior.

dready

Quote from: Diabolus Lupus on June 18, 2010, 09:03:39 PM
is there a template or something that would give a creature say a dig speed?
Earthtouched. Can't fly, gains a Burrow Speed equal to their base land speed which has the same functions for ascending/descending as flight. Also a slam attack that is 1d4 bludgeoning, and DR 2/bludgeon

Diabolus Lupus

Quote from: dready on June 18, 2010, 09:10:47 PM
Earthtouched. Can't fly, gains a Burrow Speed equal to their base land speed which has the same functions for ascending/descending as flight. Also a slam attack that is 1d4 bludgeoning, and DR 2/bludgeon
ok, what book is that in?

Drako

dready

Quote from: Diabolus Lupus on June 18, 2010, 09:13:05 PM
ok, what book is that in?
No idea, just remember reading it somewhere, but I think it might have been from 3.0.

dready

Diabolus Lupus

Well if you have no problem with me using it, here be my character.

Names: Vrrtak
Alias: Digger
Species: Feral Earthtouched Gargoyle
Sexual Orientations: Attracted to men, though not necessarily opposed to female attention either
Demeanours: Hard working, tends to be a bit gruff. A bit of a loner, but pretty nice once she warms up to someone.
Dungeon Roles: Excavation and demolitions. Also really good for ambushes and/or head on attacks

Drako

So is that a yes or a no?

Desmodu are humanoid bats.

Kunoichi

Quote from: dready on June 18, 2010, 09:42:11 PM
I'm not familiar with alot of monsters past MM 1

Monstrous Humanoid, size Large, lives in caves in the Underdark.  They're vaguely bat-like, but have no wings and instead get a climb speed, as well as Blindsight from echolocation and some cool sonic-related abilities.  A screech attack that can either be single-target or area-effect, as well as either a buff to their allies that's like bardic music, or a debuff to enemies that's basically the opposite of bardic music.

Looking over them, they're pretty cool and flavorful.  Usually neutral good, but of course they can't all be good guys...  They also like to train bats, which should help with the dungeon's general ambience. ^^

fallensaviour

NotoriusBEN

Oh yea, so what's our response to the heroes? Same-old oh~ that room can handle it, or is it gonna be overwhelming S.W.A.T. response when they enter the lobby?

haha

Kunoichi

*is almost tempted to switch from two fiends to an entire Kobold tribe, just to go all Tucker's Kobolds on any poor adventurers that happen to walk in through the front door*

Ironwolf85

Steelhorn: we've been doing a lot of brainstorming, the goal of a dungeon is simple... seperate the wheat from the chaff with heroes.
sure we kill about half of them... maybe the entire party if they truely suck, but in the end a couple will get through and go on to do heroic things save the world and blah de blah.

Player: wow this is freaking popular... it's like the monster unemployment line.

Geradine

i'm stuck writing this out, because no one has this race listed anywhere. *is immensely irked*  roughly 3 feet tall, has chameleonic scales, prefers to attack from ambush, uses nets and bolas well, as well as bows, and is very good with poisons. can hold it's breath for a long amount of time. (4xCon score, to be precise), and rarely wears armor to help with chameleonic ability. 30ft base land speed, +4 on jump, balance, and swim, applies poisons without any danger to self, +5 hide (chameleon), lowlight, 3 natural attacks (claw, claw, bite) and speaks draconic and commmon, with sylvan and halfling as bonus languages. *pant*

name: Nightshade (yes, that is a type of poison)
alias: NA
demeanor: quiet, he likes to stay hidden when a fight breaks out, usually attacking from some unknown location (which is sometimes right next to his target)
Description: scales are naturally a muddy brown, giving him good coloration for the swamp even without his chameleon effect. his eyes are a brilliant yellow, and his bow is slightly ornate (think along the lines of the bow a chieftan's son would have, only less...ostentanious). his "s" sounds tend to be slightly drawn out.
Job: Scout/Sentry

fallensaviour

(oh yes i was going to go with the name "abraxis")

Kunoichi

Ironwolf85

fallensaviour

(you know...the weapon selection for having just simple weapons sucks for a melee...stupid 5 level adjustment and 3 racial levels)

Henderson

It was, but me and the boss were talking about where the  board should be going after a PM we got regarding a player wanting to get involved.

I think for now, putting it in the light RP section is the safest thing for now and perhaps creating another thread or two to deal with harder fetishes and stuff later down the line. Boss was worried it might be a bit complicated but i think ultimately it's going to be the only way to keep everyone happy.
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

Kunoichi

dready

Quote from: Diabolus Lupus on June 18, 2010, 09:44:01 PM
Well if you have no problem with me using it, here be my character.

Names: Vrrtak
Alias: Digger
Species: Feral Earthtouched Gargoyle
Sexual Orientations: Attracted to men, though not necessarily opposed to female attention either
Demeanours: Hard working, tends to be a bit gruff. A bit of a loner, but pretty nice once she warms up to someone.
Dungeon Roles: Excavation and demolitions. Also really good for ambushes and/or head on attacks
Sounds good to me. You'll report to Henderson for the (de)construction jobs. *tosses 30 PP = 300 GP* Y'know, I might want to hire an architect.

Quote from: Drako on June 18, 2010, 09:48:05 PM
So is that a yes or a no?

Desmodu are humanoid bats.
From what I read, I approve. You'll be on excavation duty just in case the construction crew comes across an uncharted tunnel, though you'll be accompanied by a team, as well as myself just for extra safety.

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on June 18, 2010, 10:38:43 PM
Oh yea, so what's our response to the heroes? Same-old oh~ that room can handle it, or is it gonna be overwhelming S.W.A.T. response when they enter the lobby?

haha
I will be purchasing missive earrings for everyone of importance, which is everyone employed by me. This way information can be relayed between the entire group, and orders can be issued out or advice given.

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on June 18, 2010, 11:59:52 PM
Steelhorn: we've been doing a lot of brainstorming, the goal of a dungeon is simple... seperate the wheat from the chaff with heroes.
sure we kill about half of them... maybe the entire party if they truely suck, but in the end a couple will get through and go on to do heroic things save the world and blah de blah.
*takes in a deep breath and turns to Steelhorn* I wouldn't mind something like that, actually. I've actually got a magic item that can teleport people to be near it's location at will, so if someone tries to kill one of you then I can telie you out to safety.

Quote from: fallensaviour on June 19, 2010, 02:44:39 AM
(oh yes i was going to go with the name "abraxis")
Sounds like a nice name.

dready

Quote from: Kunoichi on June 19, 2010, 10:20:41 AM
Poison Dusk Lizardfolk, Monster Manual III page 96

I know of that one, and tis approved.

ALSO: to put in some sort of level for HD i'm raising it to 9.

dready

Oh, and I'm starting to make my profile.

And Henderson: I want to have a downward curved hallway that requires people to swim through it. Don't ask, I just want something to swim in here and there.

Like below.
_______..............._______
__._._._\_______/_._._.__
....\________________/

Henderson

Standard Black Dragon dungeon entry system.
Got it Boss.
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

Diabolus Lupus

*nods* all right boss. We be good with that. Give me a little time to get stuffs bought. ((I should be around later to ight, I'm having some computer issues.))

dready

Quote from: Henderson on June 20, 2010, 04:59:20 AM
Standard Black Dragon dungeon entry system.
Got it Boss.
Oh~ how fitting for it's location then. Let's not submerge that hallway until we get the teleportation in place though.
(Oh, would you mind linking the first page of each thread in the initial post? if you need help in making that happen then ask me)

Quote from: Diabolus Lupus on June 20, 2010, 01:39:07 PM
*nods* all right boss. We be good with that. Give me a little time to get stuffs bought. ((I should be around later to ight, I'm having some computer issues.))
(kay)

Drako

Name: Dev
Aliases: Devil, Demon Bat
Race: Desmodu (Don't have a link because I have all the books as pdfs. book and page number in one of my other posts.)
Disposition: A bit shy and slow to anger. Loyal to a fault though.
Description: Black fur and red eyes, hence the nicknames.
Job: excavation/map maker

dready

Quote from: Drako on June 20, 2010, 03:06:36 PM
What race are you? And if it's anything outside of the first MM then post a link to it.

Diabolus Lupus

Hey Dready, I don't know if you were trying to give us funds to be on equal footing with the heros, but if you were 30pp isn't even half of what a party of adventurers would be able to bring against us. DMG pg 54 has a table of relative wealth based on PC level, if you're interested. Unless these are really poor heros, then I guess we have nothing to worry about.

dready

We're just starting off slow for now, and you'll be getting the rest of your lv 9 gold.

Diabolus Lupus

Ok, just checking I didn't want us to be bowled over by the first party of adventurers because we were ill-prepared.

dready

Geradine

walks out of the underbrush and bows slightly. "you won't regret hiring me, bossssssss" goes to get poison stuff.

Drako

*Sits in a cave, notbora (racial weapon similar to a quarter staff) close at hand, playing with the her bats* "When do we start workin'?"

dready

Quote from: Drako on June 20, 2010, 07:07:01 PM
*Sits in a cave, notbora (racial weapon similar to a quarter staff) close at hand, playing with the her bats* "When do we start workin'?"
would you mind reading what i've posted? because if you refuse to read posts and then answer questions that are asked, you will not be allowed to join. common sense and common courtesy are the only two requirements for this game and this is your only warning.

now i'll ask you again: What is your race?

Drako

Desmodu. I added it to my profile post thingy. I don't have a info link for it because I have all the dnd manuals on my computer. I edited my post like ten minutes after you posted your questions.

dready

*sighs* if i can't get a reference to it, then you're not able to play as such.

Kunoichi

Drako

fallensaviour

so is being ne or ce going to be a hinderance to this game? because you know...i figured as monsters we'd go that way potentially

dready

Don't know about that yet. Also I'm rather tired at the moment so that concern/thought will be answered probably in an hour or two.

fallensaviour

Hello? Everybody ok? havnt seen any posts on the rp board or here in a while?

Henderson

My internet schedual is somewhat sporadic at the minute, sorry. I will try and set a post tonight though, once i'm back from work.
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

Drako

Henderson

Yes, a thread was started in the Exotic Light Group section called 'The Building of Silithik Wallow'
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

Geradine

Cirus

Still room for one more, are all demons or so taken, thinking about playing something like Hellboy or the Blue Devil something like this:

Names: URUZ
Alias: The Bull
Species: Lesser Demon
Sexual Orientations: Attracted to females, but will humiliate males for his own alpha purposes
Demeanours: The quinessential defender, fiercely territorial, will even mark his territory in various ways.
Dungeon Roles: Defender of rare artifacts, areas and gateways.
Are we living in a land, where Sex and Horror are the new Gods? -Frankie Goes to Hollywood

IC: New Orleans: House of the Rising Sun
O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

dready

i require something a little more descriptive for a race other than lesser demon. the races from DnD are working as suitable races. also, i'm not going to have anyone defending my rare artifacts until they start proving themselves via defending the dungeon itself.

dready

Quote from: Drako on June 20, 2010, 03:06:36 PM
Race: Desmodu (Don't have a link because I have all the books as pdfs. book and page number in one of my other posts.)

not accepted, as the limit to HD is at 9 and having a creature who's HD is at 12 minimum would throw the balance of the dungeon out. please pick a different race.

Cirus

Oh it is straight out of the Monster Manual, alright well what race falls closest to that character, half minotaur?

C
Are we living in a land, where Sex and Horror are the new Gods? -Frankie Goes to Hollywood

O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

Drako

Drow Were-Dire Bat?

That's like ecl 9 before character classes.

dready

Quote from: Cirus on June 22, 2010, 06:30:15 PM
Oh it is straight out of the Monster Manual, alright well what race falls closest to that character, half minotaur?

C
there's about six lesser demons that fall under that name. i think another minotaur would be alright though.

dready

Drako

correction. ecl 9 forgot to add in the level adjustment from the lycanthrope.

Cirus

Well as you can see Uruz does not look like your standard minotaur, any leeway with that possible?

O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

Henderson

Teifling? IIRC the Teifling ECL and Level Adjustment isnt that high.

*sighs and cant beleive he actually started talking numbers*
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

Drako

Alias: You, The Defective One
Race: Drow Were-Dire Bat
Disposition: Quiet. Defensive about her "heritage"
Description: Black skin, silver hair, lavender eyes

dready

Quote from: Cirus on June 22, 2010, 07:00:39 PM
Well as you can see Uruz does not look like your standard minotaur, any leeway with that possible?
add in the Fiendish template and it's a lv 9 before character levels are added. the template is described on the first page of this thread.

dready

Quote from: Drako on June 22, 2010, 07:09:06 PM
Alias: You, The Defective One
Race: Drow Were-Dire Bat
Disposition: Quiet. Defensive about her "heritage"
Description: Black skin, silver hair, lavender eyes
accepted, we need a topographer.

Cirus

So Uruz would be a level 9 this?

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Fiendish_Creature

Names: URUZ
Alias: The Bull
Species: Fiendish Minotaur (?)
Sexual Orientations: Attracted to females, but will humiliate males for his own alpha purposes
Demeanours: The quinessential defender, fiercely territorial, will even mark his territory in various ways.
Dungeon Roles: Defender of specific areas, especially gateways.

O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

dready

yeah, just have the level modification be +1 instead of +2 for this lv.

Cirus

How much dice/ freeform will there be in this romp?

O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

dready

mostly freeform but with reasonable actions. for example: if person A decides to use a spell on person B who has SR 26 but person A is only lv 6, it means that they will have not much of a chance to succeed on casting a spell resistant spell against that person.

Cirus

O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

Cirus

Out of curiousity, is this thing still happening? I found an ancient biography of this fellow and would love to play him.

Uruz the Wandering

UR THE ROAMER

Wandering about the corridors, axe and massive fists in hand, the beast not seen for millennia, roams the ancient cities and temples looking for a fight. Grim but thoughtful, he reacts to shiny objects. Preferring darkness and solace he keeps the valiant from wandering into his trove. Ur is a massive fighter, once an orc, or some say even a demon, who only wishes to put down and squash the valiant and the righteous. Ur particularly prefers thieves and weak sorcerers as a snack- saving paladins for the main course.

Ur wields a giant axe, but uses huge fists in close quarters. He adores anything that shines, seeing it as either enemy or treasure to be guarded. His mind only knows the dungeons and its trap-things, such things as ally recognition, or sunlight, have long been forgotten.

You mess with Ur, YUR dead.

O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Holy thread necromancy, Batman!

The best way to check to see if an older gaming post is still going on is to check the gamemaster's recent posts and see if they're still running it. If so, then messaging the gamemaster to ask if they're accepting players is preferable to resurrecting a six-month-old thread.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.