Deleting images from the Wiki, redux

Started by rick957, August 08, 2009, 07:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick957

Hi, I have a question similar to the recent locked thread about deleting Wiki images:

I've been using the Wiki for thread pictures, and have accumulated maybe 40 pictures, some of which ended up unused.  Is it important that I contact someone to have them deleted?  Are they taking up valuable space?

The other thing is just a suggestion:  perhaps there could be an image category called something like "Delete please," so that regular users could put images there that need to be deleted, since we can't all do the deleting ourselves?  Or, alternately, maybe a thread where we could post links to images that need deleted?  I don't know if this issue matters much to anyone else, but those were just ideas. 

Thanks very much for any responses. :-)

Trieste

I don't think we're really hurting on space, but we do appreciate it if you clear old stuff out - or have us do it.

rick957

Quote from: Trieste on August 08, 2009, 07:31:32 PM
I don't think we're really hurting on space, but we do appreciate it if you clear old stuff out - or have us do it.

Thanks for the reply Trieste.  I was under the impression that there was no way for me to do it because of my access level or whatever.  Is there a preferred person for me to contact about deletions, or a preferred way to do it?

Trieste

You can contact anyone with a white badge (god or goddess) as well as Vandren, who is our resident wiki admin.

Vekseid

Quote from: Trieste on August 08, 2009, 08:53:58 PM
You can contact anyone with a white badge (god or goddess) as well as Vandren, who is our resident wiki admin.

Vandren just stepped down earlier today. Seems only Caeli was copied. Gah, sorry.

Vekseid

Quote from: rick957 on August 08, 2009, 07:23:06 PM
Hi, I have a question similar to the recent locked thread about deleting Wiki images:

I've been using the Wiki for thread pictures, and have accumulated maybe 40 pictures, some of which ended up unused.  Is it important that I contact someone to have them deleted?  Are they taking up valuable space?

The other thing is just a suggestion:  perhaps there could be an image category called something like "Delete please," so that regular users could put images there that need to be deleted, since we can't all do the deleting ourselves?  Or, alternately, maybe a thread where we could post links to images that need deleted?  I don't know if this issue matters much to anyone else, but those were just ideas. 

Thanks very much for any responses. :-)

And er. You can feel free to make a 'delete please' category for us to notice : )

And no, they don't take up much space in comparison. The shoutbox actually takes up more disk space, processing power and bandwidth than the everything else on the server does, combined.

Paradox

So would splitting the shoutbox into multiple versions would eat up even more?

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Caeli

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs