Not Another Hogwarts Recruitment Thread (Seeking Students and Professors!)

Started by Flower, April 21, 2015, 03:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emjay

Quote from: Rave on April 22, 2015, 04:03:53 PM
So many familiar faces, so many good players in here.

I'm gonna fiddle with a Durmstrang student sheet and get back at you guys~ My muse could use this :P

Glad to see more people joining the game  :-)
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Flower

edit: -behaving!- Either way, hurrah recruitment!

Crash

:o

Quote from: Dancing flower on April 22, 2015, 04:34:02 PM
edit: -behaving!- Either way, hurrah recruitment!

Yes, recruitment and such...>.>

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

la dame en noir

I'm slowly working on my profile. I want her to be American, but one of her parents be from England. Is that okay? Or do I need to come with some reason as to why?
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Crash

Emjay

Quote from: la dame en noir on April 22, 2015, 04:45:03 PM
I'm slowly working on my profile. I want her to be American, but one of her parents be from England. Is that okay? Or do I need to come with some reason as to why?

Sorry but you can only have characters from the UK (England, Scotland, Wales) and Ireland. You can make them half American but their other parent should be from the UK or Ireland either that or their family moved to the UK or Ireland before JWA and currently reside there.
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

la dame en noir

Quote from: Emjay on April 22, 2015, 04:50:18 PM
Sorry but you can only have characters from the UK (England, Scotland, Wales) and Ireland. You can make them half American but their other parent should be from the UK or Ireland and they must live in the UK or Ireland.

Uh...ok I meant that one parent was from the UK and she would move to the UK and then attend hogwarts. Thank you for clarifying.
A&A | FxF |

Flower

You're welcome! Just remember he or she would have needed to attend their Junior Wizard Academy (ages 11-15) as well.  :-)

la dame en noir

Quote from: Dancing flower on April 22, 2015, 04:52:18 PM
You're welcome! Just remember he or she would have needed to attend their Junior Wizard Academy (ages 11-15) as well.  :-)

@_@ ok
A&A | FxF |

Ceralilly

Quote from: Dancing flower on April 22, 2015, 03:51:09 PM
Slow is perfectly fine. All of our writers are understanding. In fact, some are grateful for the slower posting partners (like me).  ::) Nothing against my fast as a speeding bullet type of writers.

I am super fast in some games, and slower in others, but it all boils down to the detail of the content, a slower post means I am building it as I prepare to write, and the faster are more passionate, and the character comes out more as she/he is in a less adulterated form...meself not having time overthink..LOL Each has its own perk I suppose. :-)

Quote from: Emjay on April 22, 2015, 04:14:38 PM
No worries Ceralilly, life and E can get pretty hectic. I hope you decide to join the game  :-)

I really appreciate this! I was also considering Durmstrang, but may go towards slytherin...I need to check oout the IC and current characters to see where he or she would do best. :-)

Does anyone have requests? I don't mind making a character to add to a concept either.

Quote from: Rave on April 22, 2015, 04:03:53 PM
So many familiar faces, so many good players in here.

I'm gonna fiddle with a Durmstrang student sheet and get back at you guys~ My muse could use this :P

I was thinking that same thing, and then here you are as well. :-) I would agree there is a lot of talent here, and am looking forward to delving further into it and perhaps joining myself.

Quote from: Crash on April 22, 2015, 04:03:40 PM
Yep I can do fast or slow, but like slow better....hmmm that didn't come out right.

Hehehehehe...I may join just for your awesome recruiting technique Hehehehe

I do so love a man who can put out...a good innuendo..;-P
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Jag

Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Flower

Quote from: Ceralilly on April 22, 2015, 05:03:20 PM
I am super fast in some games, and slower in others, but it all boils down to the detail of the content, a slower post means I am building it as I prepare to write, and the faster are more passionate, and the character comes out more as she/he is in a less adulterated form...meself not having time overthink..LOL Each has its own perk I suppose. :-)

Agreed!

If you want a general idea of what type of Slytherins are about the game already, you can look here (on the forum) or here (Elliwiki). The wiki list is usually most up to date with currently active characters. I'll gently poke existing writers to see if they want someone to write out a particular concept for them. :)

seekeroftruth22

I am interested int his, really interested but I want to read all the into on the first post so . . .*runs to the first post and starts to read*
I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Ceralilly

Quote from: Dancing flower on April 22, 2015, 05:13:08 PM
Agreed!

If you want a general idea of what type of Slytherins are about the game already, you can look here (on the forum) or here (Elliwiki). The wiki list is usually most up to date with currently active characters. I'll gently poke existing writers to see if they want someone to write out a particular concept for them. :)

Sounds great!  :-)
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Rave

Just a note: I can't access the Face Claim thread. I'm not sure if that's a problem for anyone else, or just me.

Crash

Emjay and DF - The non-Hogwarts students are temporary characters aren't they?

Flower

Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students are temporary students. However, there will be an option for them to transfer to Hogwarts for the 2014-15 school year (This only applies to fourth year students and above). Also, foreign students will be at Hogwarts for the entire school year, which lasts about two years OOC.

Hopefully that makes sense. xD

Emjay

Quote from: Rave on April 22, 2015, 05:17:01 PM
Just a note: I can't access the Face Claim thread. I'm not sure if that's a problem for anyone else, or just me.

Sorry about that Rave! The thread got switched around last night and I forgot to update the url >.> It should work now.
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

la dame en noir

So basically it might be easier for me to just make a British character lol. Otherwise my muse will punch me and my brain will combust lol. Either way, I'm excited and hope to have a character to send to the both of you soon.
A&A | FxF |

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Dancing flower on April 22, 2015, 05:22:34 PM
Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students are temporary students. However, there will be an option for them to transfer to Hogwarts for the 2014-15 school year (This only applies to fourth year students and above). Also, foreign students will be at Hogwarts for the entire school year, which lasts about two years OOC.

One of the biggest questions I had...

...*quietly and mischievously ponders a dastardly Durmstrang student*...
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Flower

Quote from: la dame en noir on April 22, 2015, 05:24:20 PM
So basically it might be easier for me to just make a British character lol. Otherwise my muse will punch me and my brain will combust lol. Either way, I'm excited and hope to have a character to send to the both of you soon.

Lol yes, much easier. The easiest sheet to create, in my opinion, is a muggleborn first year student. 

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on April 22, 2015, 05:26:43 PM
One of the biggest questions I had...

...*quietly and mischievously ponders a dastardly Durmstrang student*...

-adds more fuel to this student's muse-

>.>

<.<

Ceralilly

Quote from: Dancing flower on April 22, 2015, 05:22:34 PM

Hmmmm now does this mean that the interactions of a Drumstrang student would be more of a seasonal appearance?

Hmmmm I am very torn between these two now....

What are the main differences between temp students and the original 4 houses? As far as interactions, and every day occurrences? Are they as active as others?

OR are they more active during the cup and such?

Juggtacular

Ehhhh why not. I like HP and haven't gotten to do much in my other rp. I'll port my character from there over here with a few tweaks if that's okay.