Kill to win or Fuck to survive <Not Recruiting>

Started by Primarch, August 30, 2013, 01:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

In an over populated galaxy where 1% of the population control 99% of the wealth, everybody is looking to get that one big payday to give them what they need to carve out a little something of their own. Some people sign up for one of the Colony Legions, that's a good way of getting some land. If you can survive invading and taking over an entire planet which will probably take about ten years. If you don't want that kind of commitment, there's another option! 

Do you want a chance to win up to ten million credits? Well I'm about to tell you about the game show that changed all the rules! The name of the game is Massacre. All you have to do is join a team of five and butcher your way through a mere eight challenges! Each challenge you get through will earn you money. Don't want to do the next challenge? Drop out and keep what you have! Want an extra something to help you out in the next challenge? You can use winnings to buy a random supply pack! Now here's the really fun part Ladies and Gentlemen. You only get to keep your money if you survive. Because while your objective is to kill everything that moves in as brutal and glorious a manner as you can, what we unleash will most certainly be trying to kill you! If you're in the middle of a fun Massacre challenge and worried your death is imminent as the hands or jaws of one of our lab created murder men or monsters, you have a get out of jail card! You can save your life by getting fucked. After all...what's the one thing more enjoyable than watching a hard-as-steel & bad-to-the-bone killer kill? Watching that badass getting pushed into the dirt, stripped, defiled and violated by a Mega Gladiator! There is a cost to this however (bar the loss of your dignity and pride being projected across the galaxy!). Getting fucked in the face might save you and put you through to the next round, but it also costs you a full half of your winnings. This of course means you can't use it in the first round. But everybody passes the first round!   

So I'm looking for 5 characters to run through a futuristic game show where they shoot, stab or otherwise murder their way through threats of numerous different kinds in the hopes of winning big! While it might be said in some games the objective is to get laid, in this game that would definitely be a sign of losing. Mainly as the sex in the plot of this game would be the equivalent of your character being made a prison bitch on live TV. I don't plan on it being a case of everyone needing to plead for mercy every challenge, by my plans after the first round 4 should make it to complete every challenge, but a particular round going better then expected or something going FUBAR is also possible. Each round will be tougher, but rounds 7 & 8 will be the toughest. Aside from the more dangerous opposition, characters will likely be dealing with injuries that impede to various degrees. 

If the game goes quite well, I would be tempted to run the show again with different contestants, but I wouldn't rule out the idea of a returning contestant if someone wanted to come back and play the same character. As mentioned in the descriptor characters will be allowed to purchase 'supply packs' between challenges, which will contain equipment I'll generate randomly. While it will be random, there won't get a pack containing something utterly useless. You'll always get a weapon/ammo or a piece of bodyarmour.

This game will be placed in either NC-Exotic board or the Extreme board, depending on feedback from players. While your characters will 'consenting' to the sex, its a means of saving their life which I would think would be dubious consent at best as they've signed up for it. All of your characters will be human, but the your opponents will be a range of things far and wide, certainly biological & mechanical creations that resemble all manner of humanoids big and small, in the event the game is in the Extreme board it would also involve modified predators. You'll certainly never have to suffer having sex with hot alienoid bitches, nothing so glamorous for the contestants!   

As has already been stated, 5 players. Filled in apps should be PM to me. This game is not first come, first serve. You'll receive a PM to let you know one way or another. 

[b]Contestant Name:[/b]
[b]Ethnicity:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[center][img]URLHERE[/img][/center]

[b]Skills:[/b]
[b]Special reasons for needing the money:[/b]
[b]Equipment:[/b] Carapace Vest, Pistol (12 rounds), 8-inch serrated combat knife
[b]Backstory:[/b]

Appearance must use a primary image of a real person celeb claim/player base. Additional images may be used to show what the person is wearing under their bodyarmour or anything else you want to represent that might be awkward when limited to a real person PB. You are not limited to how many additional images you use but please put them in a spoiler tag below the main image.

A few notes concerning characters
Skills should contain any forms of special training or education (such as '10 years Krav Maga' or 'Doctorate in Veterinary'). Skills need not necessarily be obviously beneficial to the show. Please realistic with skills to age. I would advise skills be given at least a little detail, as I'll be 'GMing' the game. There is no 'system' but I'll be determining when something does or does not work (so an attack should be written as 'X pulled up the pistol and took a moment to aim before firing for the kneecap.' With this in mind I only have what's in your app to go on, if the information isn't there I'm not giving it to you.

Special reasons for needing the money is entirely optional and just for fun.

Questions, comments, feedback & suggestions are entirely welcome.

Inari

Count me as interested and for some reason this kinda reminds me of Deadman Wonderland and Death Game.

Primarch

Quote from: Starcry on August 30, 2013, 01:35:03 PM
Count me as interested and for some reason this kinda reminds me of Deadman Wonderland and Death Game.

Excellent! I'll have to look into those.

Inari

A few questions just came to mind:

1) Would the challenges be all in one go or would contestants have a rest after each round?
2) Would they be staying in any accommodation that would be spied on Big Brother style as a bonus thing for people to watch before and after the main event?
3) Would the characters have a chance to get to know each other before hand or are they just thrown in and expected to work together?
4) If they did get accommodation Big Brother style; would they be set additional tasks to get more ammo, weapons, armour and all that jazz?

That is all the questions that come to mind at the moment. :)

Mister Grimm

This game looks like it would be interesting. Always loved gladiator/arena themed things.

Question about the app. Is the equipment listed in it set in stone for starting? Or are variations allowed?
I've got all the things I need. It's the nature of my breed.
I'm independent, s m o o t h and confident.
Always in command with a graceful element and a tasteful compliment.
Do you know who I am?
I'm a deadly handsome man.

Primarch

Quote from: Starcry on August 30, 2013, 05:33:36 PM
A few questions just came to mind:

1) Would the challenges be all in one go or would contestants have a rest after each round?
2) Would they be staying in any accommodation that would be spied on Big Brother style as a bonus thing for people to watch before and after the main event?
3) Would the characters have a chance to get to know each other before hand or are they just thrown in and expected to work together?
4) If they did get accommodation Big Brother style; would they be set additional tasks to get more ammo, weapons, armour and all that jazz?

That is all the questions that come to mind at the moment. :)

1) The Challenges are all in a single day, an hour apart. So there's a little down time to have a breather, have some food and ponder over their situation before the next round.
2) No.
3) The characters will first meet right before entering the first challenge so there's a little time to get to know each other. But most will be done in the challenges themselves or during the down time.
4) NA

Quote from: Mister Grimm on August 30, 2013, 06:19:25 PM
This game looks like it would be interesting. Always loved gladiator/arena themed things.

Question about the app. Is the equipment listed in it set in stone for starting? Or are variations allowed?

That equipment is a game show standard so yes its set in stone, but if one of your characters skills is experience/training with a particular type of weapon and that person purchases a supply pack, if the 'Producers' feel letting the individual go all expert will be good for ratings, then you might get lucky.

On another note the Arena will not always be a Gladiatorial Arena in the standard sense. Each Challenge may or may not replicate a different environment, be it a blown out city, a jungle.....but it could also be an Ancient Roman Arena. 

Primarch

Primarch

Inari

Ooo I see I'm not the only one who handed one in! Awesome. Just need a few more and we are ready to go. :3

Vaulera

Now this looks awesome! I'd love to participate in this. Things will be a little weird as I transition back into school life, but I'm definitely interested.

Inari

Don't worry I know that feeling. I start college again on Monday so you aren't alone in that way. lol

Primarch

Quote from: Vaulera on August 31, 2013, 07:52:51 PM
Now this looks awesome! I'd love to participate in this. Things will be a little weird as I transition back into school life, but I'm definitely interested.

You'd be very welcome to join. I plan on giving people plenty of time to post before my GM updates so there should be plenty of time to work around school.

Primarch

I'll be looking to start this at the latest today week, three people have expressed interest and I'm looking for five. I'd be happy to run it with 4. 

Roen

I'm tentatively interested. Just need to make sure that my set of interests doesn't clash with any of the other players. Will there be a room for a gay character, or do you prefer purely hetero encounters for the losers? I realize that this isn't a sex-as-goal kind of game, but nevertheless, sex does have a solid part in the game you're describing. Other than that, the idea sounds brilliant in a very thrilling way! I'm heading for a family vacation in the coming days, but if there's a place for me in this game, I'll do my best to create and submit my character during the weekend.

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Inari

I can tell you that as a pansexual I have no problem with anyone playing a gay character. <3

Primarch

Quote from: Roen on September 03, 2013, 12:38:12 PM
I'm tentatively interested. Just need to make sure that my set of interests doesn't clash with any of the other players. Will there be a room for a gay character, or do you prefer purely hetero encounters for the losers? I realize that this isn't a sex-as-goal kind of game, but nevertheless, sex does have a solid part in the game you're describing. Other than that, the idea sounds brilliant in a very thrilling way! I'm heading for a family vacation in the coming days, but if there's a place for me in this game, I'll do my best to create and submit my character during the weekend.

Nothing wrong with gay characters! App away.

On a related note, I've now received apps for 4 characters, although I'm waiting for some edits on a pair of them. Slowly but surely interest is coming in to bring the game to a PC party of five. If we get more then five it'll come down to the best or most appropriate apps for the game, if its just 4 or 5 apps it would be automatic 'ins' for everyone that's gotten a finished app with no problems.   

elfguy

Quote from: Primarch on September 03, 2013, 05:04:59 PM
Nothing wrong with gay characters! App away.

On a related note, I've now received apps for 4 characters, although I'm waiting for some edits on a pair of them. Slowly but surely interest is coming in to bring the game to a PC party of five. If we get more then five it'll come down to the best or most appropriate apps for the game, if its just 4 or 5 apps it would be automatic 'ins' for everyone that's gotten a finished app with no problems.

Do you want me to resubmit mine or just remove the unwanted equipment yourself?
----

Primarch

Quote from: elfguy on September 03, 2013, 05:42:01 PM

Well when the time comes there's going to be a thread for the approved characters so yeah just put the app in with the correct equipment list.

Primarch

Well I've received the minimum 5 apps. As I had hoped to start tomorrow, I'll set up a thread for Approved Characters later today. If you receive a PM stating you are approved, please post your app to the thread. If I have requested and edit and not heard back from you, please send in an edited app if you are still interested.

Recruitment is for now still open, first five apps in approvable condition shall be approved.

Roen

-Nathan Alterman.

Primarch

App thread up, link in OP and in the PMs I sent out.

One space remaining.

Primarch

Quote from: elfguy on September 03, 2013, 05:42:01 PM

Would you mind editing the app to reflect correct equipment?

Roen

Hey, I think we could use additional players to submit apps, the thread was posted yesterday and there are still a couple of players that haven't posted anything.

-Nathan Alterman.

Primarch

Quote from: Roen on September 06, 2013, 11:03:34 AM
Hey, I think we could use additional players to submit apps, the thread was posted yesterday and there are still a couple of players that haven't posted anything.

There's one that hasn't posted, and room for one more player in the game.

Wicked Vixen

The three sexiest things ever said...

"I believe that whatever doesn't kill you..simply makes you.......Stranger...."

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

Primarch

Quote from: Wicked Vixen on September 07, 2013, 02:27:49 AM
I would like to join

Reviewing the character you PM'd me now.

EDIT: Replied, cheers~

Primarch

Primarch

Naiah

Could you post a link to the thread in here?

Just wanted to say awesome concept and I am killing myself cause I dont have the time to join (and didnt make it in time to) and would really love to at least read it!

Primarch

First IC is right here! Its just a thread for 'downtime' the main event hasn't started yet.

But don't give up hope Naiah, if things work out there shall hopefully be a second event you could get involved in. I can even have a hall of fame for those that have made the most money.

Naiah

Primarch

Primarch