Justice Heroes (Young Justice/Justice League Inspired RP) - Open!

Started by BruceTheCat, March 03, 2016, 09:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceTheCat

@Lust, your sheet looks great! I would actually recommend maybe giving her another power or two. Perhaps a Thanagarian weapon inherited from her father, or even being extremely resilient.

You don't have to of course if you'd prefer to keep her as is! Approved!
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Red Lobster on March 04, 2016, 11:12:46 PM
@Lust, your sheet looks great! I would actually recommend maybe giving her another power or two. Perhaps a Thanagarian weapon inherited from her father, or even being extremely resilient.

You don't have to of course if you'd prefer to keep her as is!

Well I gave her the gauntlets which are like thanagarian brass knuckles but okay I will do some thinking.

BruceTheCat

Quote from: Deathnote on March 04, 2016, 11:27:46 PM
Updated the sheet.

Hey Deathnote,

I took a look at your update and it's not totally correct. I went ahead and wrote out the powers so we are on the same page:

Super Strength: Similar to Superman Jonathan has incredible physical strength

Flight: Jonathan is able to fly at extreme speeds, equivalent to that of a commercial airliner (several 100mph)

Shapeshifting: Jonathan is able to take on the form of various animals of his choosing

Mimic: Jonathan is able to take on the physical form of any person he sees or can think of off the top of his head

My edits removed Telekinesis as a power. If you would like you can add it back in as a replacement for Super Strength. He would not (at starting level) have the ability to enhance his punches with his telekinetic abilities, because that's effectively the same thing as having both powers. I also removed being able to turn in to monsters, limiting the power to anything in the existing animal kingdom. Obviously all of your powers would transfer in to that animal as well. I also removed Invulnerability as well.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Deathnote

Wait, what about invulnerability?  Is that just considered a part of his super strength?

BruceTheCat

Quote from: Deathnote on March 04, 2016, 11:52:07 PM
Wait, what about invulnerability?  Is that just considered a part of his super strength?

Your note of 4 was "the ability to survive a punch from someone with super strength". You are able to do that without having Invulnerability.

Your character is quite powerful with those that I noted!
- scribus1000

Deathnote

Well, might as remove that "vulnerability to magic" weakness, then, since there's no invulnerability to bypass at all.

Also, does this mean he can be killed by a bullet?  I only ask because it will affect how I play this character.

BruceTheCat

Quote from: Deathnote on March 05, 2016, 12:34:37 AM
Well, might as remove that "vulnerability to magic" weakness, then, since there's no invulnerability to bypass at all.

Also, does this mean he can be killed by a bullet?  I only ask because it will affect how I play this character.

That is correct Death, he could be shot and killed.
- scribus1000

Bibliophilia

-peeks.-  I'm going to be working on a male descendant of Hugh Dawkins.  A new Tasmanian Devil.

Look upon him and tremble with despair...and other things...laaaadies.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: RedPhoenix on March 05, 2016, 12:44:59 AM
How big is this game going to be? For some reason I thought it was a small group thing but on reading back I guess I made that up! Will we be split into teams or something? It seems like we already have more than would go off on most YJ/JL type missions.

Also...OOC thread? :D

Red Lobster posted the threads here! And I don't mind there being a bit in the beginning, because usually a third to half drops quite quickly.

Quote from: Red Lobster on March 04, 2016, 11:01:48 PM
The OOC Section and Character Sheets thread are up! Please post your character sheet if approved and pop in to the OOC to say hi!

OOC - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=346.0

Character Sheets - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245392.0

Quote from: Bibliophilia on March 05, 2016, 12:40:22 AM
-peeks.-  I'm going to be working on a male descendant of Hugh Dawkins.  A new Tasmanian Devil.

Look upon him and tremble with despair...and other things...laaaadies.

* Rel Mayer ears tingle.

BruceTheCat

I like to keep recruitment open until we hit a certain number of approved character sheets!

We have about 6-7 so far, and I think 10 would be a good number. It's natural for 1-2 people to decide to bow out of the game fairly early on if they think it's not for them.
- scribus1000

Rel Mayer

Deathnote

Quote from: Red Lobster on March 05, 2016, 12:36:12 AM
That is correct Death, he could be shot and killed.

Well... guess that means he can't be a front-line fighter.  If I swapped out super strength for telekinesis, what would he be able to do with it?  How much would he be able to lift?

Gilgameshian

You say that Death but being killed by a bullet is something most everyone can be. He might have the strength to pick up a section of the ground to act as a shield or some such. He could fly at high speed to avoid it. Come from odd angles or use he shapeshifting to change his form and dodge that way.

Invulnerability is overrated...okay, maybe not but his skillset still allows him to soak "damage" by being avoidance based rather than taking it to the chin.

Just my two cents for whatever it's worth!
March 2020: Working Retail + Virus Panic = Brain not work so good. Expect slow intermittent replies as sanity slowly drains and is returned.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: RedPhoenix on March 05, 2016, 01:17:24 AM
Pretty sure all of us can be killed by bullets. This isn't a 'god tier' game.

We are all playing characters that are in training, in a way!

Aiden

So after a plotting session with a few people in mumble, I'm gonna try to spin a joker offspring....there was more plotting but I don't know if it will fly.

So maybe no sibling rivalry rel  >:)

So I dropping the potential speedster idea

BruceTheCat

Gilgamesh is correct. Being Invulnerable would make you significantly more resilient than everyone else, above average. Without it your character would be on par with everyone else. Since nobody has specifically picked up Invulnerability yet.

Frankly if these changes kind of kill the character in your mind, I would recommend rolling a new character entirely. Since you may not be happy playing him without those other powers at the beginning.
- scribus1000

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Aiden on March 05, 2016, 01:24:48 AM
So after a plotting session with a few people in mumble, I'm gonna try to spin a joker offspring....there was more plotting but I don't know if it will fly.

So maybe no sibling rivalry rel  >:)

So I dropping the potential speedster idea

It was hurting my brain trying to even figure out how it would be possible!

Aiden

It would need some time travel or even some earth 2 shit and I'm like whoa... To deep

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Aiden on March 05, 2016, 01:35:55 AM
It would need some time travel or even some earth 2 shit and I'm like whoa... To deep

A few time machines, setting destruction, world mashing, DNA cloning, God-modding and some non-con and it could happen.

I'm sure Red Lobster would be more than fine with that.

:) I hope my sarcasm is obvious enough.

Deathnote

Quote from: Gilgameshian on March 05, 2016, 01:14:02 AM
You say that Death but being killed by a bullet is something most everyone can be. He might have the strength to pick up a section of the ground to act as a shield or some such. He could fly at high speed to avoid it. Come from odd angles or use he shapeshifting to change his form and dodge that way.

Invulnerability is overrated...okay, maybe not but his skillset still allows him to soak "damage" by being avoidance based rather than taking it to the chin.

Just my two cents for whatever it's worth!

All of those require some level of superhuman reflexes... or mind-reading abilities.  Thanks anyways.  Those are some creative uses of his abilities.  The only one I thought of already was the shape-shifting one (thanks to watching Beast Boy in action in Teen Titans :p).

It doesn't matter anyway.  The only ability that really matters for this character is the shape-shifting.  Everything else won't make or break this character.  I just noticed that the cast was missing the meat-shield and thought I'd try fulfilling that role.  That won't be possible if Jon can't "take one for the team".

Which is why I'm currently asking questions about the limits of each power, because I'm going to need to know them even if I'm going to create a new character.  I've been using the Young Justice tv show as a measuring stick for Jon's abilities.  Apparently, that's inaccurate for this game.

mia h

Quote from: Lustful Bride on March 04, 2016, 10:22:55 PM
Okay, got my character out, hope its good :-)

The Hawk

The Hawk.
Caroline M'ka Becker.

Origin Story: Caroline Becker was originally approached by none other than HawkGirl after doing some initial solo heroing out over in Kentucky, beating up minor thieves and criminals and dropping them off over at the police station, sometimes literally. She was the product of a Thanagarian father and a Human mother. Her father was a deserter from his homeland, tired of the fighting and wanting to find a place to settle down and live in peace. It just so happened to be Earth that he chose. Eventually marrying a Veterinarian from a small town they had two Children together. Caroline and her little sister Gretchen. With Hawkgirl and Hawkman as the only other Thanagarians like herself to see as role models it was only natural that she would want to be a hero like them.

There were lots of arguments back home, till her father eventually relented (while her mother was ecstatic that her daughter wanted to do something productive with her life). And eventually she ended up becoming a professional hero...well Amateur Hero.

Home City: None, was a freelance hero until being picked up by Hawkgirl.

Civilian Appearance/Style Description: When not out doing her superheroine thing, Carol will remove her wig and go about in any clothes that fit her mood of the day. Though she always wears jackets and coats, just in case she has need to pull her wings out and then hide them quickly. She usually prefers 5.11 Jackets because of how big they are and all the extra pockets to hide her stuff in. She actually dressed better and more appropriately while in civilian mode than in her superheroine persona.

Costume Description: Carol carries with her a leather Bomber's jacket with holes cut in it for her wings, a pair of gloves with Nth metal plates at the knuckles. She also wears a pair of goggles over her eyes along with a white haired wig she uses to help hide her identity.

Personality: Carol tries as hard as she can to be all cool and badass and look tough around others, but deep down she is a big softie. (much as she denies it) Despite her 'too good for you' act at times she really wants to have friends, and wont admit it, but she is a mega nerd. (She knows every Star Wars movie by heart.) Carol loves her mother, father, and little sister. When in the presence of her mother she is completely submissive to the point of even going to her room if told to. She also has a bad habit of letting out the occasional smart ass comment even when she doesn't mean to, sometimes talking without even thinking.

Powers/Weapons:Nth Metal Gauntlets.: well they are more like gloves with metal knuckles at the end. Created out of one of her Father’s spare weapons (Since no Thanagarian should be without their Nth weapon) She carried them into battle and uses them like Brass knuckles, they carry with them the attributes of Nth Metal

-Flight: As a Thanaga

-Extra breath: As part of her ability to fly, Caroline can hold more air in her lungs than a normal human. While not Olympic level she can hodl her breath for about 4 full minutes. 5 mins, 30secs. If she really tries hard.)

Weakness:[/b]-Higher Altitudes: Carol cannot fly as high as some planes, the cold will cause her joints to ache and go numb, making flapping her wings difficult. The Lack of Oxygen will also affect her flying abilities.

-Her Inner Ear: If she is hit with a sound weapon or struck on the ears/discombobulated she will be unable to fly. For if she does she will suffer a severe case of vertigo and either crash or vomit all over herself.

-Weak on the inside: Should a civilian ever be in danger or held as a hostage they will be the sole focus of Carol's attention and she will be the first to raise her hands in submission to avoid the civilian being harmed by the villain. But they better hope she doesn't get her hands on them after the civie is safe, for she has a tendency to go full 'Mama Bear'.

-Terrified of scary Eldritch monsters.: Despite her Nth Metal probably being able to knock Cthulhu's teeth out, Caroline has a big fear of things not from this dimension and if encountering them alone might end up running. Aliens are one thing, Eldritch abominations are another.

Now all we need is a Dove  ;D
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

BruceTheCat

@Death, Young Justice is actually a pretty good touchstone for the game! The speedster character and Robin get knocked around quite a lot even by things that obviously have Super Strength, but neither are Invulnerable. The groan in pain, maybe break a rib or a bone here and there, but they get back up and join right back in to the fight. Whereas Superboy takes the hit, then just gets back up more pissed off than he was before.

In terms of lifting ability for Telekinesis, you would be able to lift lift a few cars, or even a large 18-wheeler during combat. I would say the smaller you lift, the more easy it is to do without require some degree of needing to stop and concentrate on the action.
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

Posting my sheet for review by you guys! Let me know if you have any critiques or concerns.

The Blue Streak
Jason Grant

Origin Story: Jason was not born with his powers, nor did he inherit them through any particularly tragic accident. Jason had a fairly normal, happy upbringing in the classic American household! He went to public schools, had a large number of friends, and was even offered a scholarship to the University of Metropolis! His hope was to one day become an actor on the big screen, favoring the limelight above most other things. Though at best the boy above average, but nothing near close to being the big shot of his hopes and dreams. Just after turning 18 Jason moved out from Hub City and relocated to the live-in dorms at Metropolis University. He didn't excel in particularly any set of classes (particularly his Stage and Film Theater courses) and as a result lost his full-ride within the first year of being enrolled. Jason probably would have found this troubling if the boy had not spent most of his short college career partying like crazy!

One day, while visiting Downtown Metropolis to see a few shows, some giant Mech-thing started blowing a bunch of shit up. Trampling down the street, tossing cars left and right, shooting missiles like it was trying to see how many windows it could shatter at once. Generally just causing a bunch of mayhem to draw in the Justice League for a 'fair fight'. Jason and a few of his friends were, sadly, caught in the heart of the chaos. His friends made it out alright, but Jason was not so fortunate. A crumbled alleyway blocked him in, and within seconds Jason turned to find the big Mech-badass staring him down. He supposed the guy inside must have been an asshole, because the dick fired a goddamn missile at him. That's when he appeared in a Flash! The red speedster of legend scooped Jason up off the street zoomed down the sidewalk to rescue him.

Unfortunately the missile had somehow locked on to Jason directly. Which meant the Flash needed to run fast... really really fast in order to get away from it. Within seconds they were out of Downtown. Then out of Metropolis entirely. Further, but still not far enough to escape the Mech's missile guidance system. Finally, flashing Jason a sly smirk through his cowl, the Flash kicked his speed into overdrive! The pure essence of the Speed Force materialized around the Flash, boosting his capabilities 10-fold. Until the two were on the other side of the planet, and Jason was being set down safely in some backwater African village. “Don't thank me citizen... ummm... where are we?” That was the happiest day of Jason's life.

Within minutes Jason discovered that his DNA had been forever changed, altered after being so close to the Speed Force for even a short period of time. He had become a speedster, capable of accessing the Speed Force! After a 'quick sprint' alongside his new personal hero, Jason returned to Metropolis and started his career as a crime fighter! It was rough going at first, but over the next several years his alias The Blue Streak became well known enough to warrant a invite to the Justice Heroes directly from the Justice League!

Home City: Originally from Hub City, but he trained to become a hero in Metropolis

Civilian Appearance/Style Description: During the day Jason looks like any other guy in his mid-twenties. He has short cut, dirty blonde hair and almost perpetually wears a goofy, albeit handsome smile. His “go to” outfit is an older bomber jacket his mother bought for him a few Christmas's ago, a Metropolis Supermen (local football team) shirt, and a pair of jeans.

Costume Description: As seen in picture above.

Personality: Jason has developed a small ego problem with his speedster abilities. When you it's almost literally impossible for people to stop you, you start not caring about a lot of the normal rules! Taking a queue from old Flash interviews and video footage, he loves to chat up his villains before tying them up with everything he can find. Dress them up in funny hats before dropping the thugs off at the police station. One of his primary self-proclaimed catch-phrases is “Why not fight crime, and have fun while doin' it!”

Powers/Weapons:

Super Speed – Jason has accessed the Speed Force, just like the other Flash heroes and speed related villains before him! This allows him to run at speeds considered even greater than the average super-human speed! When the Blue Streak runs he leaves behind a matching blue blur, and trails of Speed Force lighting.

Super Healing – Jason has the ability to heal from injuries, even potentially life threatening ones, at incredible speeds. This doesn't mean he could heal a bullet or stab wound mid fight. But within a hour most bruises or cuts have disappeared, and within 24 most bone damage or deep wounds will have closed up.

Body Displacement – Jason has the ability to vibrate his molecules fast enough to phase through objects, like walls, or out of handcuffs

Weakness:

Super Metabolism! - Jason eats a ton. When he's not fighting crime... usually even when he's fighting crime he's eating something. His super speed requires tons of energy from his body, requiring that he eat a whole families worth of food a day in order to keep up.

- scribus1000

Rel Mayer