Roleplay of the Gods (Subject/Interest check)

Started by Xenphir, February 11, 2014, 01:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenphir

Quite simple really. Set near the city of New Orleans is a large castle, hidden from the eyes of mortals by magic. Within the mansion, it is like a meeting place of the Gods and Goddesses. None are related unless you want them to be. Rather, all of them originated alone. When the Earth needed or humans wanted, a god could arise from the afterlife to give these needs and wants. In exchange for getting powers and immortality, they had to create what it was the Earth and the Humans needed, and make sure their resource doesn't deplete. Or something  ::)

E members can choose whatever they like as long as it isn't already taken, unless you want to collab and be a sibling or something. So essentially everyone has their own specialties that can be as important as fire or as simple as paper or chocolate.
What do you guys think? Anyone that would participate?

Feel free to suggest changes too, I just mentions New Orleans and a castle because that's what I thought of, but it doesn't have to be. :3

AribethAmkiir

What's the plot?  Is it just a big sandbox?  GM driven game play or free-form?  What do the Gods and Goddesses do?

catherinehellfire

I would be interested, though I as well would like to know the questions previously asked
If sex was a roller-coaster, I'd ride it over and over again.

Absences: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261213.0

Xenphir

Alright well, as far as the gods and goddesses, I figured you could use original characters since if we used gods from many religions it would conflict with the ideals. Rather, this, would make a new idea.

Depending on what people prefer it could be sandbox or plot. I could assign GM's if people want that or if people would prefer everyone equal in free form.

If there were to be a plot, it would probably be someone or something is trying to take down the gods, a species or race that has the ability to inflict harm on them.

Goddess of Night

My On/Offs

Looking for roleplay partners with ideas. Any takers? Pm me.

Xenphir

I can make the thread then but I'll need to know if the majority want a stronger plot or a sandbox or a half-plot or what xD

And also if they want to have the diffeculties of combining multiple  cultures (Causing conflicting stories most likely) Or purely new OC's.

I mean, with OC's you can be the god/goddess of anything. First come first server though, unless someone agrees to be a sibling or something else.

I was thinking for the basic character skeleton it'd look like this:

Past human life: Username
Name: God/goddess name
Age you look: Must look like your eighteen or older
The ___ of: God or goddess of or even Deity of if non-gendered gender neutral.
Main ability: Single strong power
Two side abilities: Powers that are not as useful/strong
Bio:
Orientation:
Image:

Example would be

Past human life: Xenphir
Name: Fan Rei
Age you look: 26
The God of: Wine
Main Ability: Summon/grow/control grapevines from the earth at will
Two Side Abilities: Produce wine in any empty cup or container, turn any other liquid into wine (Unless that liquid was made from another god, such as a water goddess filling a cup with water.)
Bio: Is a bit sad he can never get fully drunk, though he is able to feel a bit tipsy from other forms of alcohol. He was born from a human soul after the chinese vine yards struck a dry year, and couldn't produce any grapes for the wine. His job is to make sure humans are able to produce at least half their vine yards worth of grapes each year, though usually he just begs the water goddess to give extra rain to trouble areas, being too lazy himself.
Image: http://nevsepic.com.ua/uploads/posts/2011-06/1307049714_man___7_by_heise_www.nevsepic.com.ua.jpg

I might also require art for images, but I'm not entirely sure since a lot of people only like using real life images of people. :/
Also, I might be said God of wine, but if someone could help me out finding a main ability for a God of Tea, I'd much rather be that xD Minor abilities could be the same thing as that, but with Tea instead of wine. Filling empty containers with tea and changing non-godly liquids to tea. But tea leaves would be a lot less... useful than vines I imagine.

AribethAmkiir

Xenphir

Got any suggestions? I'm not good with making plots for groups xD