One and Many- A Sense8 Group Game (Seeking M and F, Non-American Characters)

Started by VioletPanda, May 05, 2017, 12:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordRod

I will post a real person tomorrow.  Today was blerg.  Thanks for patience :D
Glory is being Great and being Useful - Simon Bolivar

Because its There - Sir Edmund Hillary

"The Lord of the Mans of Rod" - Me, spelling everything write and still getting the sentence wrong.

On and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265306.0

Primarch

I modified in my first companion, I'll work in another before long!

Sally Aces

Ooo, Niamh is quite a character, kodos! I love that she's using the time apart to assess things... Also, what sort of law does she practice? She looks like she could be a shark of a divorce attorney or handle corporate law like nobody's business. There's so much about her that hints at her being a woman not at all uncomfortable with wielding power.

Primarch

Quote from: Sally Aces on May 09, 2017, 05:51:23 PM
Ooo, Niamh is quite a character, kodos! I love that she's using the time apart to assess things... Also, what sort of law does she practice? She looks like she could be a shark of a divorce attorney or handle corporate law like nobody's business. There's so much about her that hints at her being a woman not at all uncomfortable with wielding power.

You know as I was writing Niamh I thought to myself "this RP is going to be following the wrong character."
As for the type of law she practices, I left it vague because I hadn't actually pinned it down. I think Criminal Law might be a bit typical so I was thinking either Corporate Law or (considering how appropriate for the setting) Civil Rights Law.

VioletPanda

If you want to switch your main character and your side, I'd approve that. I like them both :)
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Primarch

No no, that was just a little joke. I'm going to run with Shay as my main.

VioletPanda

Okay, Guys, I had a pretty rough day emotionally and need to get my mind off it/didn't want to leave you guys hanging so I'm posting up the intro now. I'll link to it when I'm done.

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Primarch

Quote from: VioletPanda on May 09, 2017, 06:36:11 PM
Okay, Guys, I had a pretty rough day emotionally and need to get my mind off it.

Plenty of that going around :/ I feel you!

QuoteI'm posting up the intro now. I'll link to it when I'm done.

Looking forward to it!

I actually need to vanish now but if anyone would like to plot our character interactions/dynamic please feel free to drop me a PM and I'll respond asap tomorrow!

Sally Aces

Quote from: Primarch on May 09, 2017, 06:05:24 PM
You know as I was writing Niamh I thought to myself "this RP is going to be following the wrong character."
As for the type of law she practices, I left it vague because I hadn't actually pinned it down. I think Criminal Law might be a bit typical so I was thinking either Corporate Law or (considering how appropriate for the setting) Civil Rights Law.

Oooo, Civil Rights Law is perfect... and, if it isn't jumping the gun, I'd offer to play her. We can discuss things over PMs if you'd like as I've questions about her I'd like to pose.

Also, I added my 1st supporting character to my sheet Yan Toussant, the Haitian Warlord.

Primarch

Sounds good to me. Send on over that PM!

VioletPanda

The IC is UP!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=267364.0

Hope you guys don't mind I love picture references when we go to a new place. ^^ Already looking for a monastery.

My A/A PageMy O/Os

AribethAmkiir

Are you taking any more players for this?

VioletPanda

Yes we are! We have 4 characters made, are waiting on a 5th from someone who's currently moving, so we have 3 spots left in the cluster, I think, and there are also companion characters that may be open if the player would like.

I anticipated this game being popular, so if you don't get into this one, I'm more than happy to start a second group too. ^^

We're about even on genders too, I believe.

My A/A PageMy O/Os

FeveredDreams

I'm wound really tight today.

I'll try to update the character sheet...  but,  it feels like one of those evening where I might just curl up in my bed and try to calm myself down. 

Sorry Panda.
Are you afraid of me now?

On's and Offs-  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=171318.0

VioletPanda

My A/A PageMy O/Os

FeveredDreams

Truthfully gender and names can be reworked here.  I’m not all that set on them.  It’s the story that’s important.  I also won’t try to force appearances and the like on people.

Max-  Max has been a friend of Cassandra for sometime.  The two met in juvenile hall years ago.  Back in the day,  he got taken into custody for a rather violent attack  on a bully that resulted in the bigger boy ending up in the hospital.  For a while after they were released from custody the pair ran together.  Truth be told Cassandra could have been a negative influence on him.  Eventually though after a robbery,  where a Mother and Son were left in the house Max changed.  Sure the two fled without stealing or harming anyone.  He still went about trying to turn his life around.  He went off to school and got a degree in business,  and eventually found himself in a rather successful position.  He’s been using his cash in an attempt to help the less fortunate even working in soup kitchen during his spare time.  The two still remain close,  but,  Cassandra and he are known to verbally spar,  That what he’s doing is just a Band-Aid on a system that’s trying to eat the unwanted. 

Kayla-   The bartender at Cassandra’s favorite bar.  She’s the one that she’s most prone to talking to when she starts feeling down.  Sure it’s after a few shots of cheap whiskey and maybe a few tokes.  The two are close,  though she doesn’t exactly know where Cass’ money comes from.  They’ve been known to occasionally indulge in each other when they’re both feeling particularly lonely. 

VioletPanda

Can you add those to your sheet please?

My A/A PageMy O/Os

FeveredDreams

Primarch

With the IC up, should we go ahead and set up our own scenes or would you like to get things established with Vince & Cassandra first?

VioletPanda

I figure all the scenes can start off at the same time, as they're all over the place. I can also add a time zone map of the world to the IC if you guys are nerds like me :)

If you guys want interactions between characters, just make sure that the other person knows and agrees with what's up. You guys know the deal, I'm sure :)
   As I still have to put up my monk, go right ahead and post. If you could, put the location in bold before the body so we all know where everyone is?

Also so I can plot things  >:)

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Primarch

I'll finish sorting a few bits about Shay & Niamh with Sally Aces and set it up.

Also should we consider a dedicated character thread and an OOC thread? Might be about time to take general chat about the RP to an OOC thread, leave this for recruitment.

LordRod

I am about 50% done.  Finishing tomorrow.

"The Lord of the Mans of Rod" - Me, spelling everything write and still getting the sentence wrong.

FeveredDreams

I agree.

An OOC might be nice,  so we can talk more openly without feeling like were knocking down games that are more in need of players.

Also managed the IC post,  PM me anyone if you have anything.  Not sure.

VioletPanda

I was just about to do that, but I got a weird message saying E was down O.O

My A/A PageMy O/Os

LordRod

Name: Lisää Vähentää

Sexuality: Hetroflexible

Relatitionship Status: Hahahahahahahaahahahahahahah. No.

Face Claim: Grant Garrison

Background: Lisää gets made fun of a lot by his American friends who call him Lisa.  Granted, he doesn't have that many friends, especially people who call him Lisa.

Lisää is Finnish, and was born in the laplands.  No, he is not Lapp, but he was born in the middle of nowhere; but thanks to the excellent Finn education system his remarkable mathematical gifts were discovered at a very early age.    He learned that he had a talent and was able to almost visualize the problems and their natural solutions in his head.

He enjoyed swimming quite a bit as a teen and got quite good at it; but the mathlympics competitions he got in took place at exactly the same time as swim practice so he was never able to practice it like he really wanted.  He tried to get into music, and understands a lot about music theory, but it turns out that he is tone deaf.  He is able to work around the problem by using an audio sensor and looking at the visual displays, so he was able to teach himself the saxaphone but he gets no joy out of it.  Indeed, this proved to be a consistent problem.  He was able to used his brilliant mind to do a lot of things and solve a lot of problems, but one thing or another always occured to prevent him getting any joy out of it.

When he joined his army unit, they put him in ecryption and intelligence.  He proved so ridiculously good at it, they offered him all kinds of incentives to get him to join full time.  He wasn't really interested; math was his passion.  The Finnish military was desperate since they really wanted this guy to work for them, so they asked the Intelligence division to see if they had any interesting math to motivate him.  The Intelligence division took a look at his work and his scores and did what the military asked; but then pitched their own recruitment offer.  They would let him go to a university and research as much as he liked, a generous salary and all kinds of perks if he would just work a certain amount per week for them.  The deal maker was when they got him out of his conscription and straight into working for them.  He got to work with a small but prestigious university. 

As time went on and his work improved, Europol and the European Intelligence agency became interested.  He also got work with NATO.  He found that he hated working with the Americans, their sheer arrogance turned him off and this in turned was noted by one of the NATO supervisors.  He got some bad marks but his work was so good that they couldn't do anything but from time to time they had a minder check in on him, to make sure that he was doing his 'patriotic' duty to the sentiments of the administration.  He began to take great concerns about the political winds in Finland and considered retiring but it was made clear to him that if he quit, he wouldn't just lose his intelligence salaries but that they would blackball him in the academic community as well.  In particular, his handler showed him mocked up proof that he had cheated in college.  On some level, Lisaa knew this was bullshit; he had the original notes that could prove his work, but he had seen the work these intelligence types did and knew that he was trapped....for now.

He is paid amazingly well for his job but now hates the people he is working for, hating the natural order in particular since he feels that corruption and abuse of authority are too much to bear.  He has considered lashing out in many different ways but isn't immediately sure what way he should do it.  He has begun looking on the internet in some dangerous ways.

Personality:

Lisaa is smart, clever, creative and compassionate.  He is not naive to the ways of the world, not now that he has been burned by his handlers, but he feels trapped.  He has the emotional stabiltiy and wherewithall to work his way out of any situation, eventually but he sometimes has elaborate flights of fantasy or emotional terror about what might be.

Notable Skills:

Swimming - He is a skilled swimmer
Saxaphone - He can play the saxaphone quite well with a different brain than his own or a visual sensor
Teh Maths - He is insanely ridiculously good at them.
-Synergy Bonus to everything - Helping everyone do what they do, better; especially helping others gain an intuitive insight on using their skills.  With a high end mathemetician, I see our cluster 'integrating' faster.
-Learning things would generally be easier; especially 'hard' skills of a technical level like Physics, Computers, Biology etc.  But anything that involves research, searching or understanding would be greatly enhanced with his joining since advanced stastics and mathematics you are great at are fantastic for that
-Intuition by Proxy - Putting things together with limited information ala Trigononometry in a precision fashion are also possible with advanced mathematics
-Defense against monitors - In the sense8 show, once they 'see' you, they can 'track' you indefinitely, that's fine...but instead of getting drunk on heroin, I see an advanced math person being able to 'jam' the hostile hunter with "A train is going north at 1.77773 miles per hour, if the other train is going west at a vector of cosign times the square root of epsilon divided at I, what is the delta that"....
-Moderate programming skills - He is good at programming computers but hardly the worlds best hacker.

Theme Song: Still thinking

Desired Supporting Characters Richard Abalt

-Richard does a great job of keeping Lisaa inside of the NATO family.  He has all of his phones and computers bugged.  He has even bribed several of his neighboors to text Richard as Lisaa moves around town, just to 'keep him safe from bad people.'

Notable Skills
-Being a jerk
-Being a thug
-Being a paranoid asswipe

Angelina Preskova

-Angelina was the kind of person that is very loyal but also very pragmatic, sometimes too pragmatic for her own good.  She is a member of the vanishing Russian Underground, an anoymous journalist who has survived many of the purges against other dissidents so far.  She is paranoid and quite adroit at using the dark web or getting into places where she doesn't belong.  She has taken pitty on Lisaa's plight and is working to get him out of his current situation but hasn't figured out how to do so yet.  She has met him face to face three times, sneaking across the border each time.

Notable Skills
-Covering her tracks, Stealth, lock picking
-Being a reporter w her own masked russian youtube channel