My Challenge For You...

Started by MagicalPen, June 17, 2008, 08:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalPen

I thought I'd approach this from a different angle for once, in need for something new. This is for females only, so anyone with a Ding Ding Dong need not read any more. Here is my challenge for you:

I want you to blow my mind away with the most amazing game idea/plot ever.
I want a game that is exciting, thrilling, and makes me think about the next post all day long.
I want it to push boundaries.
I want it to be original, unique.
I want other people to read it and read it in awe.
I want there to be unexpected plot twists and turns.
I want to feel tingles reading your posts.
I want something new, refreshing, exciting.

Not sure how this will be received, and it sounded so much better and motivational in my head. *waddles off*

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

JadeCore

No ding ding dong? Nuts. *throws bell down the stairs where it ding-dings on the steps before landing with a loud dong*

Hehe. Anyway, good luck but you may be better off reading a book where you don't know compared to writing a book where you need to figure things out in advance. :) Though I guess your list of standards has my standards set high for what you want. And I have high standards to begin with. :)

MagicalPen

Half the fun is figuring things out as the game progresses. Can never be sure of how a character is going to act. At least thats the approach I take.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

JadeCore

Quote from: MagicalPen on June 29, 2008, 06:56:27 PM
Half the fun is figuring things out as the game progresses. Can never be sure of how a character is going to act. At least thats the approach I take.

Not saying it isn't. But really good stuff doesn't happen on the first draft. ;)

TanaSilver

I might be willing to take a crack, but you may want to slap down a few more details as far as what you like. What is mind-blowing material to one person is another person's garbage.
O/O

MagicalPen

Well thats all part of the challenge! I don't want your typical game. You know - Teacher/Student, Older/Younger, Non-con, etc. Sure, the idea might contain some of those, but i want their to be twists and kinks etc not normal in a game of that nature.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

JadeCore

I guess the question is... are you looking for sex and erotica or are you looking for a twisting turning mindfreak of a story? Because when it boils down to it, sex is really -is- just one thrust after another. :) Everything else is merely trappings and illusion. A really super gee wiz story may be more interesting and mindblowing than the sex... which may only be very limited in presence in the story or may be so common place that it's more technical than appealing. Not that it can happen, mind you, but you may want to ask yourself some more questions.

As an example, Young Witches. It's series of graphic novels with lots of sex in it. As the writers intend for the story to actually be a serious thing (or at least, entertaining in and of itself), much of the sex in it ends up feeling very clinical as the sex ends up being plot elements and not well... not like a sex scene from an adult comic.

MagicalPen

Can't say i've ever read an adult comic, so that example is a little lost on me. What i was looking for was a game that was pretty plot-heavy, with sex thrown in for good measure. But I am not opposed to a game that is sex heavy, as long as there is god enough reason for it to be that way, maybe an interesting setting or some such.

I guess I might not be looking for something that is 100% plot where any 'sex' would seem forced (no pun intended). I like the openness of a forum like this because a plot heavy game could see sexual tension rise between two players and (because the game is here) a sex scene or two might occur. And, as a short lived game of mine turned out, that sex created tension between the characters afterwards. So yes, Sex can drive plot forward and add some interesting twists to a game itself.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

JadeCore

I am reminded, strangely, of an adult comic I browsed long ago on the Internet. I forget it's name but I remember that the cliffhanger/hook of the first issue was the reveal that the main character (War Princess comes to mind, though I'm not sure - a Wonder Woman analog) and the main villain (whom she soundly defeats in a prior fight that issue) were, in fact, lovers (knowingly so). They were still completely opposed to each other (she honestly foiled the villain's plan and he was honestly trying to make it suceed) but the relationship was a mutually consenting one, if requiring discretion, and not some sort of dominant/submissive one, blackmail, or what have you. As I only remember that one issue, I don't know if it was going to be something like Romeo and Juliet or something a little more complicated than that.

LadyOntrose

hmmmm   There really isn't that much out there that's unique.  Maybe some elements but it boils down to the same themes over and over again.  Interesting challenge.   It will take some thought.
Catie

Vampires are fun, demons need slaughtered and Fae can be very kinky!

MagicalPen

Thats all part of the challenge - put a fresh twist on something :)

Looking forward to any proposals/responses.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

Well, i think i am going to close this one down to.

FAILURE

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry