People of Gor (Gorean Based World Roleplay) Interest Check

Started by Vlexia, February 17, 2016, 03:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vlexia

Quote from: Rumata on March 07, 2016, 03:21:08 AM
Is there still room? I'd be interested in trying it out to see if I can have some fun with this :p.

Though, I am torn on what to pick. I can write for either side of the "law". So I'd rather play what is needed actually, either a Northerner merchant with a tavern and some farms on the side or a Kajira/Bondmaid.

Those are just simple examples, if anyone has a better proposal I am eager to hear it out :D.

I don't think someone who owns a business up north would fit into the plot simply because the main storyline will be in the south. I wanted to create a story to begin with until people are comfortable enough with Gor and can disperse after the initial plot is complete.

Read over the plot in our OOC thread and maybe that will help you with what kind of character to create. We can always either use another male who is a suspect in the assassination plot, or you can PM one of the other males to see if a Kajira/Bondmaid would work for them. I know the Scribe and the Slaver will always have room for more slaves.

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.

MagicalPen

This thread has been dead for almost a year - the game certainly is not running anymore.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Mellific

As unfortunate as it is, I don't believe this game made it.

O/O | A/A | MM

Parker

A shame indeed. A year later, I wonder what the level of interest is for a Gorean group RP?

Mellific

I would still be interested in playing, however I do not have the time to dedicate to running a group. It would be great to reach big game status with an open world, sandbox style Rp.

O/O | A/A | MM

Vlexia

Its funny how much people are interested in this game after it died fairly quickly lol

I absolutely love the Gorean culture. If someone created a game, or was interested in doing a story I would support it.

Mellific

Perhaps we should start an interest thread in the forum that's dedicated to groups seeking a GM?

O/O | A/A | MM

Vlexia

I'd be down with that. If you started that request, I'll show my support for it.

Parker

I've never run a group thingy so I'm also not so down for that, but I'd support the idea and add my voice to the search.

Vlexia

I just started a group game. But I wouldn't mind starting an interest check to see how many people would even be interested.

Freeform would work better with this with events that bring people together. But I think Gorean works best on a 1x1 game to be honest.

Parker

Hmmmmmm

I've never done Gorean RP by post, always by real-time chat. I've done much other RP by posting, but I could see how a group would be awkward. I'm definitely am not an expert on the group RP thing. Can it be done in a way that the group has discussions OOC and builds the world or "sandbox" ( ? ) and then pairs ( or whatever ) off? Forming our own house/group/world.

Clearly I have no idea what I'm talking about.  ^_^   But Ive been roleplaying one-on-one for a long time, post or chat, and I really enjoy the Gor setting.

Vlexia

You would initially think that, that a 1x1 would be more sex oriented and a group game would be more plot oriented. But on E with a talented writer in a 1x1 seems to grant a lot of freedom whereas in a group game everyone needs to be on the same page with smut to plot ratio as well as talent in writing and speed of responding and that is much harder.

I did Gor on Real Time chat for a few years and I'm on the third book, but in thread based games it becomes hard to maintain control.

Parker

There is that...  Elliquiy is much more set up for partners, and maybe triples to play. But if large groups don't splinter off into those little stories it gets pretty complex quickly it seems. From what I hear, and my short amount of research.

To what's been said I'll add that with Gor I very much enjoyed the world-building aspect. I am definitely down with playing, and I have to say that for me while I enjoy almost all of the aspects of the Gorean setting, mostly I'm here for the amazing sensual writing and roleplay. It doesn't have to be all sex, and poking around my post history shows that I can whip up complex and ( I hope ) compelling stories. But the sexual aspects are pretty central to me, here.

Should we look for a group of like-minded people and see if we can't create something interesting? Like one or more shared settings, but stories that are written by ( probably ) pairs?

craeric

I'd be willing to play too, as either a Barbarian girl slave, or a young warrior working to defend his homestone.

Vlexia

Where the hell were you guys a year ago? Lol

Freeform Game can have different homestones and cities for people to play in where they can invite people as needed. Once again, I like the idea but I would want at LEAST 8 people who were definitely interested.

craeric

Vlexia

Quote from: craeric on January 25, 2017, 02:32:57 PM
I was your most eager player...

Talking about the people who resurrected the idea. Oh, I remember you hun

Vlexia

Quote from: Merconis on January 25, 2017, 02:43:22 PM
I wasn't on this site, and wasn't really even back to RP yet.  I hadn't RPed online regularly in almost 12 years until last April.

Still haven't done this format.

You'll get used to it quickly.

Bibliophilia

I used to play a kajira on a Gorean website many years back.  I suspect that part of the reason these games don't get far in the group games has to do with the fact that kajira are wildly boring to play in a group game.  They're not allowed to speak without permission, and they can't really participate in plot, so the writer is pretty much left with posts of descriptive fluff that add nothing to the game besides decoration.  Their only real chance to roleplay comes in describing the pretty way they serve or during sex scenes.  I suspect that may be why you don't get many women who want to play in Gor.

Mellific

That's very true. ^

I know I thought I'd have to give up on Gor Rp a long while ago, when I stopped posting it on a real-time chat client, after deciding I no longer wanted to throw money away (because the program was one which required money to purchase items to use in the game), and realizing I no longer had the time. Part of the reason I grew tired of writing in the Gor universe was because of the lack of knowledge running rampant around the client I used to write on. A lot of people participated without knowing or researching the important things. And I know, if you don't read the books, it can take a lot of time to go through a resource website and soak in so much information and then feel comfortable/confident enough to Rp based on that. When I did play in the Gor universe, I preferred to play anything but a kajira, because of what you're saying Biblio. It was way too boring to learn and memorize serves, to add a bunch of detail that no one needed in the first place, just because it's my turn to post. So, I quickly learned about playing as a panther and as a bondmaid to a Jarl. I found that I much preferred either of those two routes, yet the number of people who were wiling to write with me started to quickly dwindle, because playing opposite one of those characters, means you need to have a more extensive knowledge of the books/universe, which was already hard enough to come by as it was.

So, I know that over time the number of people who are familiar with Gor, continue to diminish. Not to mention, it's difficult to work out everything in a large group, because many people want to play a character who is frankly, difficult to play. An assassin, for example. Or, everyone wants to be part of a High Caste, or come from an important family, so that they are an important figure for that Home Stone. It's always hard to keep everyone happy in a group game, but when Gor (known for making women second-class, threatening the Free into slavery, and the like) is the subject, it seems almost impossible to keep everyone involved, content with the direction of the game. You either have those players who want to battle with others and type out mostly fighting scenes, or you have those players who are seeking the sexual aspects of the game and don't want to have to sit around waiting for those scenes to take place.

O/O | A/A | MM

Vlexia

I know exactly what you both are talking about. Some males think Gor means taking away a woman's ability to say "No" and some women think Gor is a way to be pampered and worshipped while getting dicked all the damn time.

Gor is not for lazy people, and there are a lot of lazy writers.

Caela

Wow, this took off!

I remember seeing it pop up about a week ago and being sad when I realized it was from a year ago and the game had died. If it looks like it might be resurected I'd be interested in playing. Its been a long time (years) since I did anything with Gor and I'd have to do some studying up but reseach has never bothered me. :D While fluff settings and characters can be fun at times, complex settings, situation, cultures, and characters are far more satisfying to build and continue writing.

Vlexia

Yeah it would be very easy to come up with a complex Gorean plot. But, once again, it's the reliability of posting within a time frame, knowledge of the world, and development.

It's been awhile for me too, but doing research for a character and setting is half the fun sometimes. If people are interested I would welcome plot ideas and things and possibly get something started.

Caela

Quote from: Vlexia on January 26, 2017, 06:32:24 AM
Yeah it would be very easy to come up with a complex Gorean plot. But, once again, it's the reliability of posting within a time frame, knowledge of the world, and development.

It's been awhile for me too, but doing research for a character and setting is half the fun sometimes. If people are interested I would welcome plot ideas and things and possibly get something started.

I didn't necessrily mean the plot needed to be complex, more that the world/culture building aspects of a Gorean game are complex. Not sure that's going to make sense in any head but my own lol.

Vlexia

Alright, so based on all of this renewed possible interest, I simply want to see if there is enough here or a possible group roleplay.

This time around, especially after learning my mistakes from the first attempt, it will be a freeform group game. Depending on how many people join, a thread can be started where the location, followed by the name of the homestone, will be the title for individual homes, or threads can be entire cities. We can even open places such as the Jungle where Panther Girls can live if a group of empowered women wish to be there, or the Plains if someone wishes to be part of the nomadic Tuchuks.

People can move their characters to and from, collaborating with other homestones, Masters, characters, slaves, and caste members to visit, capture, or simply write out scenes. There can be established GMed events where people can volunteer to play in so it’s not all separated in various places.

Possible events can include:

• A created trading post with the Panthers.
  • Training Home for newly captured female slaves, training them to be pleasure slaves.
  • Raid against another homestone.
  • Sardar Fairs