Walking Dead Type Game

Started by LittleKitten, October 29, 2013, 01:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleKitten

The infection, the plague started in Russia and spread quickly. No one was prepared for the dead rising, the very idea was insane! The world gathered together to fight the plague of undead but very soldier who fell...well, he only rose again. Any dead, bitten or not, will rise as a zombie unless their brain is destroyed.

6 months ago, EMPs were dropped. Cars, cell phones...all electronics were destroyed. There's no radio, no TV and no internet to turn to for help. Survivors are on their own.

There's a few isolated military groups but without central command they put their survival first. They rape, kill and steal. They have the guns and the ammunition. Or most of it.
Most of the towns have been sacked and abandoned, left to the rotting and walking dead.

The plague started 6 months ago and covers most of the world. There are rumors that a small island off the coast of Africa is uninfected but there is no way to verify that Madagascar is indeed infection free.

I am looking for a small group-three men and three women-to play survivors. Their history and weapons are up to you-HOWEVER-they must be realistic. No Rambo or Batman. This will be a mostly free form RP with me as the GM moderating the play. Please only respond if you are able to play a realistic character without god moding things.

PhantomPistoleer

Can you give us a better idea of what a reasonable pool of weapons would be?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

LittleKitten

Everything. Guns would be harder to find but you'd be able to get them while bats/tire irons/ect would be EVERYWHERE

Onecleanslate

I would be interested..
Any other rules/restrictions in place?

LittleKitten

You're immune though you don't know it yet...so I want you to RP that out and be respectful of the other players

DarkAngel111

is there a thread for this?
where the game is going on?,
I would love to see some other people before I get working on a character.

LittleKitten

I've gotten ZERO interest so you will be my first player

Onecleanslate

Quote from: LittleKitten on November 06, 2013, 12:19:59 PM
I've gotten ZERO interest so you will be my first player

I said I was interested.

Miroque

Somehow I missed this.. Im so intrested to play one of the female survivors. (and no, guns should be plentyful, as world is actually filled with guns. Ammo on the otherhand should be scarce)

About the zombies, are they "walkers" like in Walking dead, or virus zombies from 28th days later.. or Romero slow unstoppable force ones ?
(and do they have sense of hearing like in most of zombie movies...or are they "life sensing" magical undead types.. )

LittleKitten

Quote from: Onecleanslate on November 06, 2013, 12:53:19 PM
I said I was interested.

I didn't get a response so I thought you gave up! Glad I was wrong

Quote from: Miroque link=topic=188731.msg9170136#msg9170136
date=1384021770

Somehow I missed this.. Im so intrested to play one of the female survivors. (and no, guns should be plentyful, as world is actually filled with guns. Ammo on the otherhand should be scarce)

About the zombies, are they "walkers" like in Walking dead, or virus zombies from 28th days later.. or Romero slow unstoppable force ones ?
(and do they have sense of hearing like in most of zombie movies...or are they "life sensing" magical undead types.. )

It depends on the type of gun. Some guns are more common then others. It also depends on the area it's decided you want to play in. I was thinking Rural Georgia would be best but it's up to the players.
The zombies are a cross between the walking dead and Romero. They will follow you for as long as they can and once your out of sight, they will keep walking in that direction because...well, why not?
They also will attract others with their moans and groans(same way noise will)
They are slow, shambling and half rotted. However, they will use the exposed bones in their arms to beat down your door.....

Miroque

Allrighty, when and how would you like to have your characters made?

LittleKitten

name
Gear/weapons
survival skills

PM them to me. You have a while to get it done though. I have 3 players so far-two males and one female....

Miroque

Is that too low number? I meen, its better to get things rolling, and then make the survivors found new faces along the way... (and I think 3 is enought players anyway, as it keeps things more personal )

LittleKitten

All right! You three get me my character sheets!

Miroque

Done.. missing equipments.. and some of history (like how to get from place A to starting point B)

Miroque

yobo

If this is still happening I would be interested.

Miroque

Im in aswell, if this is happening.