Gunstar Autochthonia (Exalted AU)

Started by Rook Seidhr, November 04, 2012, 05:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rook Seidhr

Four thousand years ago, the Exalted realized they were losing the Primordial War. In a desperate move, they took as many of their human followers as they could and boarded the world-jouten of their ally Autochthon, fleeing the Spiral that was their home for the depths of space. They left behind the Unconquered Sun, who had been beaten into submission and forced to swear fealty to the Universe-Emperor Theion; they left behind Gaia, who grabbed the near-fatally wounded Luna and fled the Spiral aboard her own comet-ship Gnosis. The Five Maidens stole the Loom of Fate from Heaven and integrated it with Autochthon's crystalline core, instituting the Seal of Five Divinities and the Samkhya Heresy Protocols to prevent the Primordials and the Sun from tracking the fleeing Exalted by the prayers of traitors and the cycles of Celestial Exaltation.

The Solar Exalted rule over the Eight Nations of Autochthonia. It is their transcendent mastery of magitech that is still forging Autochthon into the Gunstar, the perfect weapon-world by which the titans can be defeated and the Spiral retaken for humanity.

The Lunar Exalted serve their mates in a variety of capacities. When the Dragon-Blooded pilots of the Gunstar Defense Line launch their voidfighters against the hellstars of the Green Sun Princes, the Lunars are there, needing no ships but taking on the forms of countless space-behemoths they have defeated. When new artifact-implants must be installed in the deepest Reaches of Autochthonia, the Lunars are there, adapting to impossible extremes of temperature, pressure and gravity, defending the crews of technicians against those of Autochthon's internal components that have never seen the face of Man. When Voidbringer cultists seek to open the hatches of the great world-titan to dark forces from without, the Lunars are there, infiltrating and bringing them to justice.

Without the Arcane Fate, the Sidereal Exalted are what the Maidens meant them to be, trusted advisors to the Solars. They predict and shape the course of events within and without Autochthon, interfacing with the great titan's exmachina to reweave his Design.

The Dragon-Blooded bear the brunt of the fighting. The voidfighter pilots of the Gunstar Defense Line, the commanders of the ground troops who repel boarders and drill endlessly for the day that the Gunstar returns to the Spiral, the savants and sorcerer-engineers who assist Solars in their laboratories, these are all chosen from among the Terrestrial Exalted.

The Alchemical Exalted are the Champions of the un-Exalted masses of Autochthonia, at once the visible face of authority to the people, and the defenders and advocates of the people in the councils of the Exalted. They are the only Exalts who see and participate in the day-to-day work that keeps all of Autochthonia running.

The Infernal Exalted (strictly NPCs) lead the Primordials' space-navy. Led by the Conquered Sun, they harrass the Gunstar constantly, tracking it across the stars, ever seeking its destruction. When they cannot triumph by force, they board the Gunstar under cover of diversionary battles, then use their Charms to subvert the populace within.

The Abyssal Exalted (strictly NPCs) are…an enigma. Sometimes void-pilots have reported strange black voidfighters appearing seemingly from nowhere to come to their aid, savagely attacking the Primordial forces, then disappearing as suddenly as they came. However, such sightings often presage seemingly unrelated disasters aboard Autochthon. Are these strange beings friend or foe?

PCs would be experienced Solar, Lunar, Sidereal, Terrestrial or Alchemical Exalted, built with more than starting points; I don't have the details nailed down yet. Nor do I know yet how much of the rules-as-written I want to chuck out the window. I'm far more interested in setting, plot and character than I am in motes and ticks.

I will be posting at least every couple of days. Like most large group games, if you tend to go a week or more between posts, this is not for you. Players who drop out of contact without warning may have their characters turned into NPCs temporarily or (if the loss of contact is long enough) permanently in order to keep the flow going for those who remain active.

If you're interested, please reply, ideally but not necessarily with the type of Exalt you want to play and a few sentences' worth of character concept. If you have any questions, you can post a reply here, hit me up with a PM, or find me on YIM.

Rook Seidhr

Modified. No need to have a character concept ready in order to express interest. *facepalm* What was I thinking?

Muse

*Waves*  I'll coordinate with Malixie on a concept next time I see him.  Looking forwards to a chance to play. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

avorae

I am thinking of either a sidreal or a lunar for my character but not sure of which just yet.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, I am at moment thinking between solar or dragon-blood, a kind of pilot ace/crackshot pilot type characther.

Rook Seidhr

This is from a YIM convo I just had with Muse:
Click for transcript

Muse: Do you have some idea of how expereinced you mean for us to be, or what sort of story you would tell?

Riveda: Well, I don't like the way experienced characters are created in DotFA, but I do want to start with (somewhat) experienced characters, especially for the lower tiers of Exalts who have to compete with Solars.

Muse: Are there any particular themes you enjoy for erotic aspects of the game? 

Riveda: Autochthonia is a world under constant siege. I imagine a certain amount of desperation is involved in romance and eroticism, people using each other to hold back the stress and fear of war for a few moments at a time. I also like the tension between the official "marriage" of Solar and Lunar vs. the reality that they may or may not be attracted to each other, may have other partners, etc.

Riveda: And there is the power of Exalted social fu to drag anyone into bed, willing or no. Or maybe I should say, "willing or soon-to-be-willing."

Muse: Are there any themes that will fall in line with your plot?   Directions for our motivations?  (Besides those obvious in the setting.) 

Muse: Star fighters?  Battle armors?  Ways to show up at formal functions nicely dressed and be equally ready for social challenges and assassins? 

Riveda: One of the good things about a pbp game is that PCs don't have to have as closely coordinated motivations as in a f2f game, because it's actually easier to split the party than to have everyone together.

Riveda: For Solars and Sidereals, at least, there is the aspect of having to play politics and fight a war at the same time. Lunars and lesser Exalted have a little more freedom to work.

Riveda: I don't know how much assassination there will be. This isn't DotFA, there's a war on and every Solar who gets backstabbed is a victory for the enemy.

Riveda: Voidfighters, Celestial battle armor, these are good things. I like magitech.

Riveda: But my #1 thing as a GM, in any system, is exploring the metaphysical underpinnings of reality. What are the Primordials, really? Why do the black voidfighters seem to be connected to dire portents in the absence of any obvious causality? How can the principles of the universe be bent to serve the cause of Good, or at least the cause of the Exalted? And are the Exalted really the good guys?

Muse: *nods* What do they call the—apparently brainwashed—Unconquered Sun? The Tyrant Star?

Riveda: Yes. Can He be rescued? How?

AndyZ

Possibly interested, but I need to come up with an idea.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Malixe

I~m here! Concepts brimming! Mr.Muse and I will have lots of stuff to talk about. Yes

Meliai

I picked up Shards from my FLGS yesterday and read through the Gunstar chapter. I'm a little fuzzy on a few things, but I haven't read up on Alchemicals before and judging by the context I suspect that will clear things up. I particularly liked the bits musing on the ethicality (ethicacy? ethicalness?) of turning Autochthon into the deathstar and the way mortal laborers are used.

Don't want to make a final decision before I've read up on the Alchemicals and Sidereals, but as of now I'm leaning towards fairly young, bleeding heart sort of Eclipse or Twilight caste struggling to reconcile the rather naive, idealized view of the Exalted she held as a mortal with the reality of their imperfections and the sacrifices and compromises even the most noble of them have to make due to the war.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Muse

This is what Malixie and I have come up with so far. 

Some centuries ago, a hard working couple in the lower sections of the city of Classlat gave birth to a truly remarkable set of twin sisters.  Achingly beautiful, agile, intelligent, spirited and compassionate, these girls left their craft mason roots early in life.  They studied the arts of the dance.  By the time they came of age, they were equally capable of brining an audience to riotous applause, bittersweet tears, or sweats of lust. 
   In the middle of the greatest performance of their mortal lives, the girls exalted. 
   Since then, both girls have danced together whenever they could, but their duties have expanded their skills sets significantly.  Both work in propaganda, to keep the morale of the Gunstar high, but no exalt can content themselves with such simple duties.  The solar sister has taken up the study of sorcery while the sidereal sister works to emulate her formal exaltation, seeking to master the martial arts known as Sapphire Veil of Passion and Prismatic Arrangement of Creation. 

I like that idea, Meliai. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, so should I be dawn or night casted solar for ace pilot (night would focus mostly solo scouting missions while dawn would be squad leader type) or dragon-blood ace type? Help me decide guys....perhaps some sample 'drive' charms? Or is there drive skill at all in setting and which caste has it? Or does ride emulate it?

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 05, 2012, 03:11:24 AM
perhaps some sample 'drive' charms? Or is there drive skill at all in setting and which caste has it? Or does ride emulate it?
There is no Drive Ability. Standard voidfighters (the sort mass-produced to be piloted by the Dragon-Blooded) use Sail Charms. It would be possible to design a custom 4- or 5-dot artifact "voidbird," intended for a Solar's use, that would be directed mostly by posture and muscle tension, thus making it a Ride vehicle.

AndyZ

Actually, Shards does use Drive and Firearms abilities.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: AndyZ on November 05, 2012, 03:56:51 AM
Actually, Shards does use Drive and Firearms abilities.
Not all of the backgrounds presented in Shards use Drive or Firearms. Gunstar specifically states that it does not. (first bullet point under "Character Creation in Gunstar Autochthonia," page 40)

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmmm, at moment I am leaning now towards somekind scoundrel.....bit Han Solo combined with Space Cowboy deal. So a night caste solar with unique twinked spacecraft which has knack for adventure, excitement and also larceny activity (mostly smuggling stuff altough I wonder is there any purpose in said activity in 'deathstar'?).

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 05, 2012, 04:20:16 AM
(mostly smuggling stuff altough I wonder is there any purpose in said activity in 'deathstar'?).
Yyyyeah. I'm wondering the same thing. From where would you be smuggling it, for one thing? Or to where?

Running some kind of criminal empire inside Autochthonia would be possible, I suppose—but it would also be treason against the war effort.

This is more like Battlestar Galactica than Star Wars. There's not a lot of room for Han Solo types.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, perhaps smuggler in sense that he can fly his ship to other planets/worlds, steal/loot some supplies (perhaps from green sun princes themselves by usign disguise charms) and then smuggle them back to 'deathstar'? So he does not run criminal activity but more a independant daredevil do antics which may annoy solar deliberate/military because he runs risk getting caught and so become interriogated. So in essence kind reckless night caste solar who refuses settle in for military lifestyle.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 05, 2012, 04:39:38 AM
Well, perhaps smuggler in sense that he can fly his ship to other planets/worlds, steal/loot some supplies (perhaps from green sun princes themselves by usign disguise charms)
Wow. That would be extremely dangerous. I don't think you could make a habit of it. A starting character probably could not pull it off even once, and if he did, he'd be censured by the Deliberative for taking such a risk.

I'm sorry, I don't think this is a viable character concept. You need to rein in your character's disobedient tendencies a bit. Think Starbuck, not Han Solo.

AndyZ

Quote from: Riveda on November 05, 2012, 04:08:25 AM
Not all of the backgrounds presented in Shards use Drive or Firearms. Gunstar specifically states that it does not. (first bullet point under "Character Creation in Gunstar Autochthonia," page 40)

My mistake.  Sorry.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, ok. Rebellious sort scoundrel then who was as normal mortal a local scoundrel who when he was exalted forced to join military as it was his so called duty. Well he could not avoid military life but he decided not change at all by his new spot in military. His favorite hobby included racing with vechiles and those talents lend well for flight squadron or his case a solo pilot seated figther which is somekind prototype which was deemed as failure because dragon-bloods could not attune to it (but solars could). Because of his attitude problems he does not 'fit' into command position but he is ace pilot and so asset in situation where most solars do not dare to go; in aerial battles (instead use mech suit or such).

Assuming in above I understand that dawn castes are more back row commanders than front line usually.

Muse

while the dragon blooded are clearly the front lines of the space force, i certainly haven't read anything to say that the dawn caste stay out of it? 

I mean, it uses the same "lead from the front" mass combat rules. 

Rook Seidhr

Muse is correct. The Dawn Castes (and other flight commanders—there's no reason any Solar can't have enough War, Sail and Archery to command a voidfighter wing, if that's their inclination) lead from the front, except for the highest generals, who direct the entire defensive formation through their Sidereal staff.

A Night Caste pilot might be put in charge of a fleet scouting element, sent on long-range reconnaissance with only two or three Dragon-Bloods backing him. That assumes he's able to deal with subordinates even though he constantly butts heads with his superiors?

Zaer Darkwail

My char can deal subordinates while butts heads with higher command (and solars in general who think themselves far above their mortal subjects). He example bunks and hangs out more with dragon-bloods and mortals than with solars (which most he thinks are full of themselves). He resented solars because far too often facing the nastier examples seen during his mortal years and he has not changed his opinion about them in general. Having more respect to dragon-bloods.

Meliai

Alright, I'm all read up now (poor Autochthon :-( ) and definitely going with the Solar.

Since it sounds like Muse and Malixe are going pretty social/manipulation heavy I'm going to swap my primary and secondary focuses and have her be more of a technician with a diplomatic streak instead of vice versa. I'm thinking she works as a Troubleshooter of sorts, going wherever there are technical troubles too difficult for the mortal workers to deal with. Savant background and Lore/Occult/Craft to fix things that've gone bad, socialize and bureaucracy to calm things down afterwards and and of course some combat skills so she doesn't get slaughtered when things inevitably go bad.

Twilight would fit her skills best but Eclipse fits her personality and goals better, so I'm going to hold off on solidifying things a bit longer to see what other castes we get.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

avorae

I think I finally have an idea for my character. I am thinking of a Lunar planetary scout. Once the group discovers a new planet it would be my character's job to actually scout it out for useful resources.

Krule

This is interesting to me..

I'm tempted to play a Alchemical Adamant, martial artist, dancer, investigator, hunter, spy -  Exquisite Synthesis of Perception

Alternatively, we have the Eclipse Caste Sapphire Wind, society director and master of the art of the blade.. yes, I know blue is the color of the Maiden of Serenity, he has sympathies with her and the serenity caste he makes no attempts to hide, the wings are something of an affection as well.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

which would be preferred?

AndyZ

Meliai

Quote from: AndyZ on November 06, 2012, 02:25:55 PM
So what all is grabbed already?

A lot of folks haven't mentioned specific castes yet, but I believe Muse and Malixe are playing twin Dancers/Propaganda ministers. One's a Solar sorceress, one's a Sidereal martial artist. Zaer's making a Dawn caste fighter pilot sort of guy, Avorae's going for a Lunar scout, I've got a twilight or eclipse cast technician/mechanic/artificer, and then there's Krule's two ideas in the post right above yours.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Anon315

To my knowledge, nothing has been decided yet. I'm leaning towards either a Sidereal officer in charge of ship's security and the exposure of infiltrators and spies, or a Lunar Full Moon tearing apart enemies with his bare hands (edged in moonsilver claws)

Malixe

If it helps, though it might be obvious, my half of the Dancing Twins will be from the Zenith Caste. I'm unsure of Mr.Muses.

AndyZ

Definitely helps to know for certain, Malixe.

I'm pondering the idea of a Dawn caste in CBA if I could get CBA to work as a spacesuit.  The Solar version already has wings and an hour's worth of air, so that doesn't seem to be a stretch at all.  The tricky part would be that you apparently can't get Manses, so no clue how that part would work.

Warstrider could get even more awesome in a mecha-in-space kind of way if I went that route.  That'd require assumed methods of environmental seals and booster jets to control direction, though.

Although, without manses, how would you work these kinds of things?  Is there a battery or something that Alchemicals can use?  I'm guessing these Essence Capacitor things?  Never did learn Alchemicals...

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: AndyZ on November 06, 2012, 03:31:30 PM
Although, without manses, how would you work these kinds of things?  Is there a battery or something that Alchemicals can use?  I'm guessing these Essence Capacitor things?  Never did learn Alchemicals...
Elemental cores and essence capacitors are described on pp. 204–207 of Manual of Exalted Power: the Alchemicals. Assume that any artifact which requires a hearthstone to function is instead powered by an elemental core of equal rating. The functional difference is quite small.

Rook Seidhr

Solar chargen rules are up on the wiki. Lunar, etc., will be up tonight or tomorrow, with any luck.

AndyZ

Zaer, if I went that route but was more combat-heavy, would you be good with also being a pilot but being more based on scouting and such instead of outright brawling?  Or would that cut into your concept?  I'm still trying to figure out what I want so I may go with something else entirely.

Dracorion

I'm also interested in joining. What I'm thinking so far is an angry Full Moon tearing through enemies for the Gunstar Defense Line, but who also has a talent for analytical thinking and later Sorcery.

Rook Seidhr

Trystia

Not sure if I have time for this, but I am definitely interested, especially in playing an Alchemical, and am curious whether in this incarnation, Autochthon was able to bring the Mountain Folk along for the ride.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Trystia on November 06, 2012, 08:08:14 PM
curious whether in this incarnation, Autochthon was able to bring the Mountain Folk along for the ride.
Unfortunately She Who Lives in Her Name was so furious at Autochthon's treachery that she blasted away their individuality, and they now form a hive-mind worshipping her. If/when you return to the Spiral, rescuing them might be a priority. Or it might not. Up to you :)

Trystia

Quote from: Riveda on November 06, 2012, 08:11:50 PM
Unfortunately She Who Lives in Her Name was so furious at Autochthon's treachery that she blasted away their individuality, and they now form a hive-mind worshipping her. If/when you return to the Spiral, rescuing them might be a priority. Or it might not. Up to you :)

Oh no! The poor Jadeborn! They must be rescued!

Oh, and I would alternatively be interested in, if I could find someone fun to play it with, a No Moon with Solar Bond 5, though I'd have to find my Lunars book.

Rook Seidhr

Dragon-Blooded rules are up. May tweak them.

Someone asked about elemental core versions of hearthstones from the core book and Oadenol's Codex. Such things may be created if you consult with me via PM. Nothing will be exactly the same, but most things can be adapted.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: AndyZ on November 06, 2012, 04:49:24 PM
Zaer, if I went that route but was more combat-heavy, would you be good with also being a pilot but being more based on scouting and such instead of outright brawling?  Or would that cut into your concept?  I'm still trying to figure out what I want so I may go with something else entirely.

I was mostly leaning to Night caste direction anyways. So my char will be specialize into scouting approach to his piloting career along with 4 other dragon-bloods (he mostly takes only 2 along the ride while 2 remain in 'death star' as it is but in open combat where others are involved they move as single fang unit).

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 06, 2012, 10:52:23 PM
along with 4 other dragon-bloods (he mostly takes only 2 along the ride while 2 remain in 'death star' as it is but in open combat where others are involved they move as single fang unit).
I'm not sure I understand this. Why would you have two of your squadron's pilots remain behind?

Zaer Darkwail

Because more than 3 in scouting has higher risk being discovered than go with full 5 man fang squad. But if it's okay to split the party (split fang unit to 2 parts; one 2 man unit and 3 man unit) then he would go in full team in scouting as usual.

Question though; what is Class background? I do not have manual of power: Alchemicals :/.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 06, 2012, 11:01:41 PM
Because more than 3 in scouting has higher risk being discovered than go with full 5 man fang squad. But if it's okay to split the party (split fang unit to 2 parts; one 2 man unit and 3 man unit) then he would go in full team in scouting as usual.
*scratches head* Pilots who remain aboard Autochthon are no use whatsoever. They've got to be out there piloting.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 06, 2012, 11:01:41 PM
Question though; what is Class background? I do not have manual of power: Alchemicals :/.
I'll post it to the wiki shortly, I guess, for you and others who don't have that book.

Zaer Darkwail

Idea was that he does swap pair what is with him (so it is not same pair sticking always around). But I go with 4 dragon-bloods under his command. Anyways what dot artifact is custom made voidfigther? Also what are standard features of voidfigther and suggestions what custom made one would have?

Also would backing 3 with combination of Arsenal give his subordinates a voidfigthers or do I need mark with my allies (spending 4 dots to get 4 dragon-bloods) having backing 3 so they get voidfigthers?

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 06, 2012, 11:10:28 PM
Anyways what dot artifact is custom made voidfigther?
Artifact 4 or 5.

Also what are standard features of voidfigther and suggestions what custom made one would have?
See p. 20 of Shards of the Exalted Dream. I can't (well, won't) copy/paste entire pages. I'm sure you can find a copy online if you're not willing to lay down the money for a PDF.

As for what a custom voidfighter might have, a 4-dot voidfighter for a Celestial Exalt would replace the Dragon's Roar Resonance Engine with some other power that its pilot could actually use. A 5-dot voidfighter would add one or two unique powers on a level with the Celestial Battle Armor from Wonders of the First Age.

Also would backing 3 with combination of Arsenal give his subordinates a voidfigthers or do I need mark with my allies (spending 4 dots to get 4 dragon-bloods) having backing 3 so they get voidfigthers?
There are several ways to go about this:

• You could just take Backing 4 in the Gunstar Defense Line to have legitimate command of a squadron. However, who would trust a rebel like you with that much rank?
  • You could take Henchmen 5 to represent Dragon-Blooded pilots made with the chargen rules I posted on the wiki, or Henchmen 4 for less-experienced pilots, plus Backing 3 in the Gunstar Defense Line. Then each of your Henchmen would have Backing 3 as well, and their own voidfighter. However, you'd still be under orders from your superiors in the Line.
  • You could take Arsenal 5 and Henchmen 4 or 5 (as above) to represent a "private" scout squadron, outside the authority of the Gunstar Defense Line. To me, that seems most appropriate to your character concept.
No matter which you choose, you'd need to buy your custom voidfighter (and the elemental core to power it) with the Artifact Background.

Krule

Any general changes to the Alchemical character creation?

Also, would the eclipse or the adamant be preferred, or does it matter?

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Krule on November 07, 2012, 12:04:12 AM
Any general changes to the Alchemical character creation?
Yes. I'll get that up soon.

Quote from: Krule on November 07, 2012, 12:04:12 AM
Also, would the eclipse or the adamant be preferred, or does it matter?
I have no strong opinion; it depends on how you want to fit into Exalted society and how you want to interact with the other PCs. (Hint: if you want to be treated as an equal, take the Solar.)

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I go with arsenal but does not arsenal mean a official body in 'death star' funding his private space scouting squadron? Or how it would present connections or such or is there special funding program for such squadrons? Also how dynamically speaking my squadron is related to Gunstar Defense Line squadrons? Would I be merely a rich civilian with private squadron or am I part of military or what?

Anyways I try dig and find free copy of the Shards.

Krule

The answer to all of that comes with the Class background, there isn't really such of a thing as a rich civilian in Authchthonia, not even Gunstar Autochthonia.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 07, 2012, 12:18:53 AM
Ok, I go with arsenal but does not arsenal mean a official body in 'death star' funding his private space scouting squadron? Or how it would present connections or such or is there special funding program for such squadrons? Also how dynamically speaking my squadron is related to Gunstar Defense Line squadrons? Would I be merely a rich civilian with private squadron or am I part of military or what?
As a Solar Exalt, you would have to have convinced the Deliberative to grant you the authority to requisition pilots and voidfighters from the Gunstar Defense Line. They'd be under your command, but not really "yours," inasmuch as you wouldn't be equipping them personally. (No one person could possibly be that rich in this setting.)

Some Connections would not be amiss. Neither would a high-powered Ally in the Solar Deliberative, if you have the dots to afford one.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, I guess a former incarnation leaving a 'inheritance' is not possible in setup as all resources are shared for better good of the all?

Well, I am thinking he has connection or a ally with a older solar who holds seat in weapons&arms development branch in Solar Deliberate, who had developed a one of kind prototype voidfigther meant for solo solar pilot's use. He had then noticed the rebel (my char) who is rather skilled pilot himself. Reason why he would not use Gunstar Defense Line official test pilots or such may be somehow related distrust towards a solar who is leader in said organization (a dislike to go ask him a favor to lend a pilot for extended on-field test use and fear he could steal the idea and produce one of his own).

Then said solar then had then given resources to my char able to get private scout space flight squadron which is made from skilled dragon-blood pilots (henchman 5). My char does not own any of this (they belong to solar ally who lend the stuff) but the deal is that once prototype goes to mass production after several on field tests he can keep the prototype.

Rook Seidhr

Zaer: Works for me.

A couple people have asked about this in PM, so I'll post it here. The common language aboard Autochthon is Old Realm. Everyone speaks it. It's almost unheard of for someone not to be able to read and write it as well. Linguistics is useful for Charm prerequisites, for calligraphy, poetry, and written social attacks, and for learning the languages of alien species.

Zaer Darkwail

Okay, I got now Shards of the Exalted Dream as PDF. I will PM specifics of the prototype what I have in mind for my char regarding voidfigther....

Trystia

Two quick questions... one, since Followers is folded into Class, how would one best represent a number of beastmen children? And two, would each of the five Sodalities represent a separate Connections background?

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Trystia on November 07, 2012, 05:28:48 PM
Two quick questions... one, since Followers is folded into Class, how would one best represent a number of beastmen children?
Henchmen.

Quote from: Trystia on November 07, 2012, 05:28:48 PM
And two, would each of the five Sodalities represent a separate Connections background?
I thought about that, but concluded that in this setting they're not powerful enough to merit being split five ways. Anyway, if I did split them up, the only useful ones would be the Illustrious Conductors of the Consecrated Veins (for Reaches exploration) and the Prolific Scholars of the Furnace Transcendent (for engineering projects).

Can you believe I didn't have to look those names up even though I haven't looked at the relevant part of the Alchemicals book in more than a year? I have too much brain space devoted to Exalted crap. It's sickening.

Rook Seidhr

Alchemical rules are up. Sorry it took so long.

Krule

No worries.. several questions though.

Arrays are still valuable to Alchemicals for reducing the mote installation cost, so shouldn't they still exist?

If I wanted to be say, the Solar Director of the relatively young and experimental mobile Metropolis of Loran, would that be possible?

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Krule on November 08, 2012, 03:14:47 PM
Arrays are still valuable to Alchemicals for reducing the mote installation cost, so shouldn't they still exist?
Eh, I guess you're right.

Quote from: Krule on November 08, 2012, 03:14:47 PM
If I wanted to be say, the Solar Director of the relatively young and experimental mobile Metropolis of Loran, would that be possible?
I think that role would take up so much of your time that you'd have difficulty interacting with the other PCs. That's my only objection. We can discuss it via PM if you think differently.

Krule

Zaer Darkwail

Feel free crib this charsheet what I post for ya. If wondering bolded parts in ability section....they are caste/favored abilities. I left them there so folks can see how they are coded out bolded so they know where place their own bolding stuff. Anyways off to work my charsheet now and pic what you see is one what I used with my other chars.

[float=left][img height=300]http://sp3.fotolog.com/photo/51/13/122/0rkt/1247236939955_f.jpg[/img][/float][table][tr][td][b]Name:[/b][/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Type:[/b][/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Caste:[/b][/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Motivation:[/b][/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Intimacies:[/b][/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Anima:[/b][/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Anima Power:[/b][/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Age:[/td][td]XX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Birthday:[/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Height:[/td][td]X'X"[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Weight:[/td][td]XXX lbs[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Skin:[/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Hair:[/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Eyes:[/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Style:[/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr][/table]
[spoiler=Charsheet]
[table][tr][td]Strength[/td][td]1[/td][td]  [/td][td]Charisma[/td][td]1[/td][td]  [/td][td]Perception[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dexterity[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]Manipulation[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]Intelligence[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stamina[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]Appearance[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]Wits[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[/table]

[table][tr][td]Archery[/td][td]0[/td][td][b]Integrity[/b][/td][td]0[/td][td][b]Craft[/b][/td][td]X[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Martial Arts[/td][td]0[/td][td]Performance[/td][td]0[/td][td][b]Investigation[/b][/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Melee[/td][td]0[/td][td]Presence[/td][td]0[/td][td][b]Lore[/b][/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Thrown[/td][td]0[/td][td][b]Resistance[/b][/td][td]0[/td][td][b]Medicine[/b][/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]War[/b][/td][td]0[/td][td]Survival[/td][td]0[/td][td][b]Occult[/b][/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Athletics[/td][td]0[/td][td][b]Bureaucracy[/b][/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Awareness[/b][/td][td]0[/td][td]Linguistics[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dodge[/td][td]0[/td][td]Ride[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Larceny[/td][td]0[/td][td]Sail[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stealth[/td][td]0[/td][td]Socialize[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][b]Craft Invested dots[/b][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Air[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]Earth[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]Fire[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Water[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]Wood[/td][td]0[/td][td]Magitech[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][b]Specialties[/b][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]XXX:XXX[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]Lore: First Age[/td][td]0[/td]
[td]XXX:XXX[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][b]Languages:[/b][/td][/tr][/table] XXX

[table][tr][td][b][u]Charms[/u][/b][/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][b]XXX[/b][/td][/tr][/table]
xxxx, xm+xwp

[table][tr][td][b][u]Thaumaturgic Arts&Degrees[/u][/b][/td][/tr][/table]
xxx (+x)

[table][tr][td][b][u]Sorcery[/u][/b][/td][/tr][/table]
xxx, xxm

[table][tr][td][b]Backgrounds[/b][/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]xxxx[/td][td]x (xxxx)[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][b]Merits[/b][/td][/tr][/table]
xxxx (xxx) (-xpts)

[table][tr][td][b]Flaws[/b][/td][/tr][/table]
xxx (xxx) (+xpts)

[table][tr][td][b]Virtues[/b][/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Compassion[/td][td]1[/td][td]Conviction[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Temperance[/td][td]1[/td][td]Valor[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][b]Virtue Flaw:[/b][/td][/tr][/table] xxxxx

[table][tr][td][b]Defense Values (dodge):[/b][/td][/tr][/table] [i]Physical:[/i]x, [i]Mental:[/i]x
[table][tr][td][b]Soak:[/b][/td][/tr][/table] Bx/Lx/A0 (unarmored Bx/Lx)
[table][tr][td][b]Health Levels:[/b][/td][/tr][/table] -0, -1, -1, -2, -2, -4, incapacitated, x3 death
[table][tr][td][b]Attacks:[/b][/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][b]Willpower:[/b][/td][/tr][/table] xx

[table][tr][td][b]Essence:[/b][/td][/tr][/table] x
[table][tr][td][b]Personal Pool:[/b][/td][/tr][/table] xx/xx
[table][tr][td][b]Peripheral Pool:[/b][/td][/tr][/table] xx/xx
[table][tr][td][b]Other Pools:[/b][/td][/tr][/table] xx
[table][tr][td][b]Committed:[/b][/td][/tr][/table] xx

[table][tr][td][b]Bonus Points 18/00[/b][/td][/tr][/table]
xxxx (xpts): xxxx
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Background]xxxx[/spoiler]

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, here comes my char. I thinked long while how present his 'ace stuff' and then I noticed drive charms in end of the Shards pdf. I know they originally use 'drive' ability but considering gunstar uses voidfigthers which are aerial spacecrafts, I thinked I could pick drive charms so long I meet requirements by using sail ability. Not to mention drive ability section holds rules which can apply to voidfigther combat. So replace any reference to 'driving' to 'piloting'. I also made some 'house ruled' pilot charms by using ride charms as basis.

Also some firearm charms looked nice but I sticked with traditional archery charms for now.

Name:Jay Jadestar
Type:Solar
Caste:Night
Motivation:Be the best pilot ever in Gunstar
Intimacies:Mother (sorrow), Sister (pity), Racing (passion), Space Battles (love), Brilliant Blades (hatred), Dylan Blade (hatred), Solar Deliberate (Dislike), Raesha (gratitude), Phoenix/AI (affection)
Anima:Orihalcum colored mask with blazing eyes covering a golden face of a woman
Anima Power:Can pay extra motes hide anima manifestation, 10m to get 1/2 essence as added internal penalty to detect his presence. In 11-15 anima display distinguishing features become completely shrouded.
Birthday:Mask 8th (leftmost first age calendar used)
Height:5'5"
Weight:180 lbs
Skin:Caucasian
Hair:Red
Eyes:gold/red
Style:Wear pair of blue 'jeans' along with pair of belts and motorcycle boots and gloves along with studded leather vest over white simple cotton shirt. He has red dragon tattoo over his left arm and he wears simple silver necklace which is wrapped around a wooden icon somekind. Which looks like a chained female humanoid.
Charsheet

Strength2  Charisma3  Perception2
Dexterity5Manipulation3Intelligence2
Stamina2Appearance5Wits3

Archery5Integrity0CraftX
Martial Arts1Performance0Investigation0
Melee0Presence3Lore2
Thrown0Resistance0Medicine0
War5Survival3Occult2

Athletics1Bureaucracy0
Awareness3Linguistics0
Dodge5Ride3
Larceny2Sail5
Stealth3Socialize0

Craft Invested dots
Air0
Earth0
Fire0
Water0
Wood0Magitech0

Specialties
Sail:Solo Driven Vechiles3
Survival:Urban Environments1XXX:XXX0

Languages:
Old Realm (native)

Charms

Archery
First Excelency, 1m/1 dice
Trance of Unhesitating Speed, 2m or 3m/multi action
Flashing Vengeance Draw, 3m
Essence Arrow Attack, 2m
= Righteous Judgement Arrows

Awareness
Second Excelency, 2m/1 sux

Dodge
First Excelency, 1m/1 dice
Shadow Over Water, 1m
Seven Shadow Evasion, 8m (valor)
Reflex Sidestep Technique, 1m
Flow Like Blood, 5m+1wp

Sail
Second excelency, 2m/1 sux
Daredevil Piloting Technique, 5m
Invincible Sun-Engine Reinforcement, 4m+1wp
Master Pilot Techniques (same as Master Rider Techniques), permanent (+1m)
= Master Pilot's Eye (measures voidfigthers)
Worthy Pilot Technique, permanent

Thaumaturgic Arts&Degrees
xxx (+x)

Sorcery
xxx, xxm

Backgrounds
Class4 (his status wealth)
Cult3 (connected to his alias than himself)
Artifact3 (Phoenix 5, Lightning Elemental Core 5, Plasma Tongue Repeater 2)
Intelligent Voidfigther3 (resides in Phoenix)
Henchmen5 (Four skilled dragon-blood pilots; fire, water, air and earth)
Arsenal5 (arm/gear his henchmen and himself)
Ally5 (Raesha, female twilight solar who leads Solar Deliberate research branch for arms development&research)

Merits
xxxx (xxx) (-xpts)

Flaws
Intolerance (Brilliant Blades) (+3pts)
Obligation (active involvement in Raesha's projects which can be life threatening) (+3pts)
Oathbound (binded by Eclipse caste oath of secrecy regarding Raesha's projects) (+3pts)
Code of Honor (never back down from your promises towards people whom you have intimacy) (+1pts)

Virtues
Compassion3Conviction3
Temperance1Valor3

Virtue Flaw:Foolhardy Contempt

Defense Values (dodge):Physical:7, Mental:6
Soak:B2/L1/A0 (unarmored B2/L1)
Health Levels:-0, -1, -1, -2, -2, -4, incapacitated, x3 death
Attacks:

Willpower:8

Essence:4
Personal Pool:20/20
Peripheral Pool:46/46
Other Pools:xx
Committed:xx

Bonus Points 22/22
Increase Ability (3pts): Dodge up to 5th dot
Increase Backgrounds (16pts): Increase Ally to 5th dot, Increase Henchmen to 5th dot, Increase Arsenal to 5th dot, Increase Intelligent Voidfigther to 5th dot
Increase Willpower (3pts): Increase willpower by 3 dots
Statitics for Orihalcum Phoenix (unique voidfigther)

Speed: 60/120 mph
Maneuverability: +S3 (Lore 2, Sail 2, Occult 2)
Endurance: Need powered by +5 essence core heartstone. Needs maintenance from every 20 hour of use. Repair 4.
Crew: 1/1
Cargo: 1 passenger or equivalent of cargo
Armor: 25L/30B (Hardness 12L/15B)
Health Levels: Ux10/Mx5/Cx4/Ix2/D
Integrated Artifacts
Solar Slicer: Speed 6, Accuracy +1, Damage 20L (piercing), Rate 1, Range 600. Each shot costs six motes. Each shot consists of wave beam which is 600 yards long and can be from two to fifty yards wide. Because of razor sharp structure of the beam it is considered piercing attack and it drops opposition's armor by -4. It is meant to clear cluster of enemies in single close range blast or hit massive targets several systems and blocks all once.
Long-Ranged Twin Lightning Ballista Cannons: Speed 6, Accuracy +2, Damage 25L, Rate 2, Range 1,500. Each shot costs three motes.
Nova Warheads: Speed 5, Accuracy +0, Damage 30A, Rate 1, Range 1,000. All ships within 100 yards of the initial point of detonation are damaged if their DV is lower than the pilots attack roll. Charging a nova warhead costs ten motes.
Intelligence: Orihalcum Phoenix houses a intelligence similar what is found in intelligent royal warstriders. Statistics in below;
Charisma3Perception3
Manipulation2Intelligence5
AppearancexWits2
Virtues
Compassion2Conviction2
Temperance2Valor3
Charms
Measure The Wind, 1m
Amethyst Awareness, 6m
Tracking, 5m
Essence Bite, 3m/scene
Uncanny Prowess, 2m
Donning Spiritual Armor, 5m/scene
Essence: 3  Motes: 30
Private Auspicious Relay Node: Works same as normal Auspicious Relay Node, expect it goes in separated wave length compared to other voidfigthers in Gunstar and so is more private. It's attended by chosen of battles who is under command/service of Raesha.
Celestial Resonance Engine: Unlike standard voidfigther the core of the voidfigther has been rebuild entirely to host a celestial core made from orihalcum sphere with moonsilver links towards starmetal chips which communicate with adamant core inside orihalcum sphere shell. Overall it provides 30 motes essence use for Vidovic's weapons and systems but powering none the charms. Thanks residing machine god familiar the ship can regenerate six motes in given hour independly without need to dock and recharge back in Autochton.
Environmental Shielding: A voidfighter gunship’s hull provides full protection against the hazards of exposure to hard vacuum. The ship is also capable of producing an unlimited supply of air, synthesizing it from Essence drawn out of its celestial core.
Integrated God-Machine Grid: The grid contains the installed machine god's charms which alchemical in nature. It has slot for total six charms which can be removed and replaced by other charms while ship is docked in dock bay and download needed programs use the charms. So far Raesha has not been able expand slots any further than this but it goes above average standard voidfigther. The qualifications for each charm is based on driver's own attributes than attributes of the machine god.
Background
Jay Jadestar is son of Cenjo Jadestar, a veteran dragon-blood soldier who served in Solar Deliberate army as scalelord in company known as Brilliant Blades. His mother was Tuya and they lived in Claslat. Jay also had elder sister, Vneya. Jay dreamed to become someday a soldier, but not to Solar Deliberate but race the stars like Gunstar Defense Line people did and hoped join their ranks soon and hoped to exalt like his father did. Cenjo died on duty when Jay was ten year old, from Brilliant Blades arrived Dylan Blade, the company's solar commander. Jay saw him near instantly start court and flirt with mother.....Jay did not like it but seeing mother happy instead crying was better deal. However relationship lasted a year, during that time Jay's mother and also oddly sister got odd bruises and both told Jay it was because of 'falling down the stairs' altough bruises appeared in odd spots and Jay did not see them even once fall down stairs in home.

Soon when mother saw sister had also bruises they started shout angrily on each other which resulted Jay's elder sister, back then 17 in age, leave home. Jay watched more bruises come to mother but she seemed happy somereason. Then one day Dylan came drunk and Jay's mother asked him to go outside but he refused and then Jay learned where she had got bruises.....Dylan beatting mother up! Dylan struck and mother did not defend herself, receive beatting and nasty words along with nastier activity following that. Jay tried interfere but mom tossled him up on his own room and locked the door so he could not get out and he was reduced to listen the lustful activity from mom's bedroom and sound of smacks from beatting.

But mom smiled after she got it and she made Jay angrily swear never tell anyone about it! However after year Dylan dumped mother...called her being worthless and being good lay and all that. Slut and so on. It crushed mother's self-worth, more so when her husband had died so recently and it made mother cry and after long silence hang herself on apartment. Because of law he was send to where his elder sister was....and discovered Dylan had been there and dumped her also and she had lot more bruises but instead doing suicide Vneya dreamed after on Dylan?! Jay thought somehow Dylan had turned his family mad and broken it inside! Dylan was Cenjo's commander and this is how Dylan treats widowed men's wives under his command?!

Jay, in age 12 sended complaint of this behavior to a alchemical champion to investigate and send complaint to higher bodies in Solar Deliberate. It was local news and it indeed reached where it was meant to go....but Dylan somehow with speaking about stress of his duties and other bullshit managed talk out from trial without any sentence nor punishment and Solar Deliberate left it at that! This experience overall made Jay loose faith on completely on Solar Deliberate and military in general. His view towards the so called 'heroes of Realm' becoming clouded with darkness. His sister worked as low paid waitress who got poked and picked up by solars and she demeaned herself to appease them and hoping attract someone 'nice' like Dylan and she did. Coming beaten or dumped up eventually but she kept trying!

Jay and his sister had break out when he was 17 when he had grown sick of her behavior and he left home, not see his sister again after that and then he became then wandering street thug, vagabond sort who did not anyway contribute for the grand war effort which everyone did.....becoming a outcaste inside the Gunstar. However he joined to small gang where he formed new circle of friends; Blood Dragons. They were mortals who fixed bikes and held illegal racing games and held betting contests for some viewers who watched races from private channel. In among them he found new purpose for his life and which he enjoyed; thrill of the race and more so as it was illegal! He got tattooed, learned ropes and how handle gun as occasion they had fights with other gang members. A small scale, short and quick skirmishes which were solved or figured out before alchemicals peacekeepers came over. Jay developed fierce hatred for Brilliant Blades, attacking them on sight whenever he could when they were in district. They were lunars, solars, sidereals and dragon-bloods who worked under Dylan. As more than few members of those units shared Dylan tendencies.

Jay then raced and lived in small poor apartment which was shared by the gang members, as they did not contribute to society they were denied any basic luxuries but they got enough money from gambling that they got by somewhat. But then when Jay was twenty they decided do a amazing shocking stunt to hold race in the Yugash! Whole gang involve in it! They held the races and they drove in Yugash, but they were caught off guard by sudden thought-ligthning from Autochton which happened outside normal pattern and it chased after them! The lightning started fry one by one the gang members and in desperation Jay wished go faster....faster....and faster. While driving top speed he cried for his gang member friends who died around him and he promised to live for them if he survives this....and on that thought he was then exalted. Struck by it he suddenly figured how dodge the lightning's in rapid grace and move quicker with his racing bike and he survived.

Loom of Fate detected it and he was soon tracked down by recruiter from The Academy of Celestial Refinement where his education will be held. Jay felt this was big change for him, but still he disliked solars in general and so he could not but laugh on the offer and irony of whole situation. But he joined the academy altough he was listed one most laziest and uncooperative students in there. If gifted student. When graduation eventually happened ten years later, they prepared grand banquet for him and even visit on the Malki archives in Sova to meet his earlier exalted incarnation. But he learned all solars will attend in banquet as it's tradition and so Dylan would be there.....and not wanting cause scene which he is sure to happen he skipped the whole dinner sneaking out the place and racing out with his bike and returning to slumier parts of Claslat! He was few solars ever in Realm history to skip the graduation dinner and ceremonies! The other expections were based on national emergencies or such giving reason ignore the tradition but he did so willingly and on purpose. This enraged many solars who had came to attend and disrupt them from their duties or their own plans.

Jay then became a wandering solar in Claslat, doing nothing to contribute on the Realm and holding the daring race stunts to get some food to get by while he slept in ruins or in unfinished buildings. Doing urban survival combined with basic pickpocketing to survive. He got caught dozen times red handed by alchemicals and dragon-bloods who grew disgusted that one Realm brightest stars, a solar, was living in such conditions. Jay had been offered nice apartment and room and food.....but he refused it. He did not live where he should be and where he got food but he continued live like he had before he had been recruited upon the academy! It baffled peacekeeper forces who got him caught on crimes.

However his behavior, strong dislike towards military people like Brilliant Blades, had drawn attention of Raesha, a female twilight solar who was brilliant engineer and weapon designer. She had researched his piloting skills were top notch, easily evade or run off from peacekeepers despite his vechile is outdated. He had little to no connections to any solars, nor apparent any grand ambitions for that matter and he had disliked to Gunstar Defense Line and Solar Deliberate Army. Raesha then contacted Jay and introduced him to her secret project....orihalcum Phoenix, a top of the art voidfigther designed specifically for celestials to use. She asked obligation and also eclipse reinforced oaths be silent about the project and in return Jay would get his long awaited dream come true; fly a voidfigther and battle enemies of Realm in space. But not being part of the dicky organizations but part as Raesha's private testing group which occasions cooperates with military but is not part of command structure (expects hers personally and she has enough influence and weight around to keep military out from her labs and her people). Jay agreed on the terms and so he became test pilot for Phoenix and during a day lasting meditation he formed link and connection to ship's AI which is called Radiant. Jay formed team with four other dragon-blood pilots who belonged to Raesha's staff and after several weeks of tests, adjustments the ships entered to one conflict zones to test the ship....and it left their target audience; Gunstar Defense Line military and folks in Realm slack jawed when they saw Phoenix in action. However part of the deal was for Jay work under a alias and not reveal his real name nor face while wearing full body helmed pilot suit. So he is known only by his code name; Goldhawk.

Rook Seidhr

Krule

Ok, right now I have a fairly good idea for my eclipse, still refining it, but this is a general idea.

Sapphire Wind

Caste: Eclipse
Motivation: To refine Authchithon Society into a single harmonious whole.

Deliberative Troubleshooter.

Favored(For sure): Melee, War, Performance,
Others (Possible, can only chose two, trying to decide on the best): Lore, Martial Arts, Presence, Occult, Investigation

society director, general, warrior, peacemaker to name a few of the things I'm going to be going for.. as a Warrior he seeks swift resolution to conflict, as a General to be a responsible and effective commander, as a Society Director to insure greater harmony in a society, as a peacemaker to bring harmony.

I've got quite a bit to work to chase down the specifics, but at the moment I'm thinking his exaltation occurred while trying to bring a serious argument between two voidfighter units that had gotten lethal.

Does this sound like a more workable concept?

Rook Seidhr

Krule, works for me. I'd recommend Presence and Investigation to fill out that concept, but that's my vision, not necessarily yours.

Rook Seidhr

These are the expressions of interest and character concepts I've heard so far (correct me if I've messed something up):

• Muse: Chosen of Serenity propagandist/MA
  • Malixe: Zenith Caste propagandist/?
  • avorae: Lunar planetary scout
  • Zaer Darkwail: Night Caste renegade voidfighter pilot
  • AndyZ: Dawn Caste voidstrider pilot for the GDL
  • Meliai: Twilight? Caste technician with ethical qualms
  • Krule: Eclipse Caste troubleshooter/peacemaker
  • Anon315: ?
  • Dracorion: Full Moon void-warrior for the GDL
  • Trystia: Lunar (No Moon w/Solar Bond 5?) with a beastman daughter
Zaer, I'm still preparing comments on your character background/sheet. I don't have detailed submissions from anyone else.

Ten players is about all I can handle, so I'm tentatively closed to new submissions.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I wait patiently when you post/PM comments about my charsheet :).

Krule

right now, I have most of the character sheet worked out, but I'm still ironing out the background. hope to post it today

Krule

As Male, usual clothing

As female, nude

Name: Sapphire Wind
Type: Solar
Caste: Eclipse
Motivation: To refine Autochthonian Society into a single harmonious whole. 
Intimacies: Autochthonian Society (Sense of Duty)
Lunar Mate (Reserved)
Dawn Circlemate (reserved)
Zenith Circlemate (reserved)
Twilight Circlemate - Via Li (Protective Affection, considers her adorable)
Night Circlemate (Reserved)
Sidereal Adviser (Reserved)
Venus - Maiden of Serenity (Adoration)
The Sisterhood of the Five Maidens (Respectful Idolization as the Perfect Ideal for a Solar Circle)
Niece(Parental Affection)
Responsibility of Power (Strong Belief)
Find Luna and Gaia (Strong Desire) 
Free the Tyrant Sun from His Enslavement (Wistful Desire - Uncertain if it's possible)
Anima: Sparkling colors of white and gold with Old Realm script with the words of serenity and harmony repeated over again and again
Anima Power:Eclipse Sanctioned Oath
Can Learn non-Solar Charms
Diplomatic Immunity?
Birthday: see Age
Height:5'10"
Weight: 176 lbs
Skin: Caucasian
Hair: White
Eyes:Pale Green
Style: See Pictures and Artifacts for Details. Clothing has blue, gold and silver colors predominant, clothing or lack there of created (or not created) by infinite resplendence amulet. 

NOTE: Amulet is Orichalcum and Moonsilver,
Orichalcum: Can create light designs like wings, or clothing out of pure light, adds +4 to appearance when used this way, but inhibits stealth.
Moonsilver: Can be used to create superior camouflage increasing stealth and disguise attempts when used in this manner.

Charsheet

Strength2  Charisma5  Perception2
Dexterity5Manipulation2Intelligence3
Stamina2Appearance4Wits2

Archery0Integrity1CraftX
Martial Arts0Performance5Investigation1
Melee5Presence5Lore3
Thrown0Resistance1Medicine0
War5Survival0Occult3

Athletics1Bureaucracy1
Awareness1Linguistics1
Dodge3Ride0
Larceny0Sail3
Stealth0Socialize5

Craft Invested dots
Air0
Earth0
Fire0
Water0
Wood0Magitech0

Specialties
Melee: Daikliaves +3
War: Strategy +1
War: Tactics +1
Performance: Sexual techniques+1

Languages:
Old Realm (Native)

Charms

Melee
First Melee Excellency, 1m/1die
Dipping Swallow Defense, 2m
Bulwark Stance, 5m
Heavenly Guardian Defense, 4m

War
Elegant Dance of Bow and Blade, Permanent (Special)
Dawn King's Strife, Permanent (Special)
Heroism-Encouraging Presence, 5m (Combat or Social) or 5m, 1 wp (Mass Combat)
Tiger Warrior Training, 10m, 2wp

Performance
First Performance Excellency, 1m/1die

Presence
Second Presence Excellency, 2m/1sux
Majestic Radiant Presence, 7m (2 sux on a willpower roll required to resist)

Socialize
2nd Socialize Excellency, 2m/1sux)
Wise-Eyed Courtier Method, 3m, 1wp
Understanding the Court, 20m, 1wp

Resistance
Ox-Body (Option 3), Permanent

Thaumaturgic Arts&Degrees
None (+0)

Sorcery
None, 0m

Backgrounds
Artifact 5 [15 pts: Orichalcum Reaper Daikliave(2), Orichalcum Heartstone Bracers(2), Elemental Core (Power:Stone of Gender Transformation) (3), Infinite Resplendence Amulet (Integrated - Orichalcum & Moonsilver) (4), Personal Voidfighter(4)]
Backing 3 (Solar Deliberative - See Class)
Class 5 (Rising Star of the Deliberative)
Connections 3 (Centropolis of Hadel)
Connections 1 (The Void Hunt)
Connections 1 (The Gunstar Defense Line)
Connections 1 (The Upright Soldier Military Academy)
Cult 3 (Worshiped as the Wind of Harmony)

Merits
None

Flaws
Code of Honor (Extremely Honest, unwilling to lie to anyone he does not consider an enemy) [+3]

Virtues
Compassion 3 Conviction 3
Temperance 3 Valor 2

Virtue Flaw:
Compassionate Martyrdom (Compassion Flaw)

Defense Values (dodge):
Physical:8 Mental:8
Soak:
7x/6x/A5 (unarmored 2x/1x)
Health Levels:
-0, -1, -1, -1, -2, -2, -2, -2, -4, incapacitated, x3 death
Attacks:

Reaper Daikliave - Speed 4, Accuracy 18, Damage +6L, Defense Value: 6 Rate 4, Attunement: 5

Willpower: 10
Essence: 4
Personal Pool: 22/22
Peripheral Pool:49/35(14+ Commited)
Other Pools:
Committed: 14 + (5 For Reaper Daikliave, 4 for Heartstone Bracers, 5 for Infinite Resplendence Amulet, Voidfighter - Special, varies)

Bonus Points 18/00
Abilities (4 pts): Raising Presence and Performance to 5
Specialties (1pt): Adding war specialties
Willpower (5 pts): Raising Willpower to 10
Backgrounds (2 pts): Raising Class to 5
3 points from Flaws
Backgrounds (3 pts): Add 2 points to connections,  Adding 1 point to virtues
Voidfighter Configuration

Most Common Configuration

• Sixth Dexterity Augmentation (Dexterity + Archery) [1 m base installation Cost]
  • First Dexterity Augmentation [1m base installation cost]*
  • Accelerated Response System - Dodge [1 m base Installation Cost]
  • Precalculated Evasion System [1m base Installation cost]
Voidfighter activation cost [1 mote]
Total Personal Mote Cost: 5
The following configuration is most common for his Voidfighter, it covers his weakness in Archery (And Dawn King's Strife allows him to apply his solar excellency to improve that effect) and gives him considerable defense potential when flying his voidfighter.  On the sail front, he has a bit of sail and is likely to learn more, but until he raises sail a bit more, and gains a sail excellency, the Dexterity Augmentation and dodging charms cover those lacks, leaving him to focus on the war front. 
Background
Born in the centropolis of Hadal, Sapphire Wind was raised to the concept of the responsibility of power, here at the heart of the Deliberative, he saw both the ideal upheld and it disgraced, but more often then not, he saw it upheld and he took away with him a deep of belief in responsibility of power.   He also saw the five maidens in passing at one point, and Venus, the maiden of Serenity, winked at him in passing.. creating a fasination with the maiden of serenity. 

Of course, as a mortal he was not all that powerful, but he did have a degree of influence within his own city, serving as an adjutant wherever he was needed.   His elder sister married during his 18th year and while he continued his life of service and excellence, she had a daughter when he was 20, this was to become a major transformation of his life a few years later, for in his 27 year, his parents, sister and her husband were killed in an industrial accident, leaving him the soul guardian of his seven year old niece.  He did the best he could with his new responsibility, but the situation created considerable stress and strain on his life.  He loved his niece, but he was not in the least bit prepared to be a parent, but he did his best, and continued to serve where he could best utilize his talents.  And he did the best to teach her as he could, and as she got older he encouraged her interest in the oligarchy, and has attempted to guide her training there, but upon his exaltation he has made her the Major Domo of his household within Hadal.

He continued to serve as he grew older, but while serving at the academy of the upright solder he found himself pushed to the limit, a number of dragon blooded trainees were fighting among themselves, and matters had grown extremely dangerous as the dragon blooded's anima's rose around them.  It was at this point he walked forward and began dressing them down for misusing their powers, speaking of the responsibility of power, calling them to live up to the great majesty and responsibility that their exaltation had given them.  If it hadn't been for what else occered at that moment, his speech might have been ignored, but the blazing aura of sparkling gold rose around him as he spoke, a adding a glorious majesty to his words, such that it is quoted in the Academy even today.

It took him several moments to understand what had happened, and being as he was so close to Hadal at the time, his life changed almost immediately, soon enough he was enrolled in the Academy of Celestial Refinement, and it didn't take them long to understand just how versatile this young solar seemed to be determined to become.   Soon enough he was encouraged to train in a number of ways that the elders at the academy believed would make him the most effective in the shortest time, he's something of a roving trouble shooter today, and has an unprecedented degree of backing from the Deliberative itself for such a young solar.  Warrior, Teacher, Speaker, Director, he shows significant capabilities all around.

Sapphire Wind believes lying is a refuge of the last resort that creates more problems then it solves, and something to be avoided in the long run, he will not lie to anyone he does not consider an enemy.  He believes in balance, work hard and party hard, he believes in responsibility, he has a strong convictions, but also a strong sense of mercy.   Sense exalting, he has gained a stone that has allowed him to shift genders, his previous exaltation was a woman, and he finds that he is disturbingly comfortable as a woman, or perhaps it should be, she finds herself disturbing comfortable as a man?  He/she is not sure what to make of that, but seeking balance in the matter has him/her spending a good bit of time as either... as a male, he's heterosexual, but he finds as a female he's bisexual, something else s/he is not sure the source of..

As a warrior Sapphire Wing prefers precision when required, mercy and harmony when possible, and wherever he has been sent, he brought a greater degree of serenity to the situation, when sent to deal with a matter of major disagreement between two Voidfighter units, he insured that several members of the wings ended up married and sworn to defend each other.  When sent to hunt with the Void Hunt, necessity required that she brring the swift resolution of death to the matter, even as she wept over the deaths that were required and granted mercy where she could.  Compassion married to Conviction, many have pointed to Sapphire Wind as the best expression of what a young solar can be, which would have created a degree of resentment, except that Sapphire Wind is such a likable individual... many folks say that to know him (or her if that's how they met her) is to love her(or him).

Zaer Darkwail

Krule, just a tip you can use a code reduce image size so no need hide it into spoiler if you want ;). Anyways after some PM's Jay Jadestar may not get approval (as ST has some difficulty how think fit him in). I may post the version I PM'ed so other folks can give inputs and advice. I have also PM'ed a version where story had been changed radically after he exalted (so he would not hate Gunstar Defense Line and is actually part of it and also part of secret Phoenix project). But he would headbutt with higher command often enough he would count as 'Starbuck'.

Krule

It works better that way, I could reduce the size, but I don't quite like the way the picture's crunch everything between them, so I like that way better.

As to Jay, however he works out, I'm willing to offer advice on easing him up a bit.. remember one thing about GSA.. the presence of the Alchemicals lowers the problems of the Great Curse, when the right caste is matched to the right caste (Orichalcum to Solar, Moonsilver to Lunar, etc) sense the solar deliberative is within the Centropolis of Hadal, an Orichalcum Alchemical city... they shouldn't be quite as bad as the Solar Deliberative got in the main storyline.

On a different note, reserving some of Sapphire's intimacies at the moment until I see some of the other pc's, which is why you see so many reserved slots, I'm pretty sure that he feels a degree of exasperated affection toward Jay as you describer him, something like the feelings one might have toward errant younger brother or cousin.

I also have some hopes for Sapphire Wind's Lunar mate to possess the Twin Faced Hero Knack, creating a even more confusing gender bending situation...

Meliai

If I might offer a suggestion, instead of having the images on opposite sides of your post stack them directly on top of one another and set their widths to the same value, say 500 or so. It'll look neater and solve the problem of the text getting smooshed between them.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Krule

It's a good suggestion, I'll fiddle with it to see if I can figure out how to manage it, may I ask how the Twilight is going?

Meliai

Almost there! I just got home from work, hoping to get her background finished up before I have to start dinner. All that's left character sheet wise is charms and half my bonus points.

[edit] OH! And I still have to pick an elemental core.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Krule

Nice.. on a different note, I realized my real problem with the two pictures is a lack of symmetry, which I am fixing with bit of editing, and some changes to the way I'm displaying the character sheet

Edit: Done... no spoilers no longer necessary, like it just fine as it now is.

Meliai

That works! Looks like you got a stray left bracket in front of the Girl!Wind pic though
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Krule

Edited out, thank you... looking forward to the Twilight, need to see him/her, especially background, to know how I'm going to shape Sapphire Winds intimacy toward her/him.

Meliai

Oh no, now your text is getting caught on the bottom edge of the male image! Try adding [clearleft][clearright] after the images, right before the "Name:" line.

It might not show up for everyone depending on their resolution but that should fix it for those of us with tiny tiny laptop screens.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Krule

had to fiddle with it a bit, hows that?

Meliai

Hmmmm, I'm still seeing it, but if the clear tags didn't work I'm not sure what's up  :-(

This is how the post is displaying, just for the record:

I'd assumed the Male!Wind picture is just a pixel or two taller than Lady!Wind and so the text was getting caught up by one of the float tags but now I'm not sure.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Rook Seidhr

Please run any Merits/Flaws and any custom stuff by me in PM before posting a character sheet here. I prefer to say no in private so I can say yes in public.

Krule

Ok, my main problem is that clearing it moves everything down, but leaves a huge hole in the center that messes up the symmetry I was trying for.

Fair enough Riveda, if you need me to drop out the code of honor flaw, let me know, I can easily do just by lowering backing and droping one point of connections.. sort of why I did it away.

Rook Seidhr

Krule:

You are correct to question Eclipse diplomatic immunity; it does not exist in the Gunstar setting.

We are not using the calendar Zaer proposed. Don't sweat birthdays.

House rule: the Code of Honor flaw is based on Temperance, not Conviction. Reassign Virtue dots to make your Temperance 3+ and I'll allow it. I'm not sure a Temperance of 3+ is in character though.

Character sheet looks fine other than the above.

Background looks fine.

Krule

Temperance is workable, the one that doesn't quite fit at the moment is valor, not because he lacks courage, but because he's likely to ignore an insult or turn down a challenge, or even retreat if the situation calls for it.

Meliai

Via Li
Magitech troubleshooter

Caste: Twilight
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 135lbs
Hair: Long, wavy, and pale pink. Usually tied back in a loose, messy braid or two unless she's being dragged to some sort of formal gathering.
Eyes: Emerald green.
Skin:  Pale, often smudged with grease and ash

Motivation: Make the final alteration to Autochthon's fetich-core and repair the harm that's been done to him.

Intimacies:   Azure Veiled Lyre (love and affection)  Mortal Family (concern)   Autochthon (reverence)   Populat (noblesse oblige)   Lumpen (pity)   The Scurrying Nation (respec-ohmygosh they're just so tiny and cute!!!) 

Essence: ● ● ● ●
Personal: 21
Peripheral: 35 (+13 committed:  Chakram (5) Bracers (4) Transformative armor (4))

Anima: When Via's anima flares, deep purple clouds of smoke rise up around her, shot through with the bright pink, orange, and yellow highlights of a brilliant sunset. A small swarm of bright, firefly-like motes dance around her in circuit-like patterns.

Willpower: ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []
Compassion: ● ● ● ● [] [] [] []  Primary
Conviction: ● ● ● [] [] []
Temperance: ● ● [] []
Valor: ● ● [] []

Limit: [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []

Virtue Flaw:
Unworthy Servitude

Break Effect: Overwhelmed by her peers' callous attitudes,
the character's confidence in the Solars' ability to lead and protect
is shattered. Self-image in ruins, the character becomes completely
submissive and subservient to others, blindly obeying almost
any order given to her. She may not make commands or even
requests of any mortal, nor obey those given to her by someone
she knows to be Exalted. If no commands are issued, she will seek
the isolation of her dwelling or a mortal she trusts, whichever is
closer.
Partial Control: Though she still cannot exert authority, the
character my resist commands given to her by mortals, unless she
possesses a positive intimacy towards the individual or a group they
represent.
Duration: One day
Break Condition: The character witnesses harm come to a mortal
due to the actions or inaction of the Exalted

ATTRIBUTES:

Strength:●●●●       

Charisma:●●●●●     Perception:●●●●●
Dexterity:●●●●●         

Manipulation:●●●●    Intelligence:●●●●●
Stamina:●●●●●              Appearance:●●●●    Wits:●●●●●

ABILITIES:

Dawn   Zenith    Twilight:
[]Archery
[]Martial Arts
[]Melee
[●]Thrown
[]War
●●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●
●●●●●
    [●]Integrity
[]Performance
[]Presence
[●]Resistance
[]Survival
●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●
●●●●
    [●]Craft
[●]Investigation
[●]Lore
[●]Medicine
[●]Occult*
see below
●●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●●

Night:

Eclipse:

Crafts:
[●]Athletics
[]Awareness
[]Dodge
[]Larceny
[]Stealth
●●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●●
    []Bureaucracy
[]Linguistics
[]Ride
[]Sail
[●]Socialize
●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●●
    Craft (Air)
Craft (Fire)
Craft (Water)
Craft (Magitech)
●●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●
●●●●●

CHARMS:
Craft:
Second Craft Excellency
Craftsman Needs No Tools
Object-Strengthening Touch
Crack-Mending Technique

Occult:
Spirit-Detecting Glance
All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight                 

Thrown:
Triple-Distance Attack Technique
Cascade of Cutting Terror

Dodge:
Shadow Over Water
Reflex Sidestep Technique
Seven Shadow Evasion

Resistance:
Ox-Body Technique(2)

Athletics:
Graceful Crane Stance
Spider-Foot Style

Artifacts:
2 - Autolabe (MoEP:Al pg 204)
1 - Flaw Scanner (MoEP:Al pg 207)
3 - Orichalcum Gyroscopic Chakram
     (repair:1) (MoEP:Al pg 211)
3 - Shaft Speeder, The Kirin (repair: 3)
     (MoEP:Al pg 215)
2 - Scrying Aparatus (MoEP:Al pg 206)                               
2 - Orichalcum Hearthstone Bracers
     (Core pg 381)
2 - Transformative Armor (SoFR:MF pg 26)

Specialties:
Craft: Repairs2
Investigation: In the Reaches2

BACKGROUNDS:

● ● ● ● ●
● ● ● ●

● ●
● ● ●
● ● ●
● ● 
● ● ● ● 
: Artifact
: Class
: Connections
    - The Sodalites
    - The Scurrying Nation
: Cult
: Savant
: Ally

EQUIPMENT:
Orichalcum Gyroscopic Chakram - Song of the Silent Shrike
Speed

Accuracy
+1

Damage
+5L

Rate

Range

Attune

SOAK:
Natural
B: 3    L: 1     A:
Armor
Soak: +6L/+4B   Hardness: 2L/2B   Mobility: -0   Fatigue: 0   Attune: 4

Dodge DV: 6   MDV: 7   Join Combat:Move/Dash: 5/11

Health Levels:
~0 x 2   
~1 x 4   
~2 x 2   
~4 x 1   
~Inc x 1   
~Dying x 3   
[] []
[] [] [] []
[] []
[]
[]
[] [] []   

Bio
BACKGROUND AND EXALTATION:
Via Li was born to a rather unremarkable Gulaki family, the middle child of a huge clan. Her early life was filled with prayer and worship and the young Via was as devout as they come. Her days were strictly regimented according to the doctrines her family followed, and what few hours of free time she was allowed each week were spent at the regular performances given by the Exalted. Her favorite artist by far was one of the blessed of Venus, a musician specializing in stringed instruments by the name of Azure Veiled Lyre.

Though plagues swept through the crowded streets of her home nation many times during her young life Via's faith in the Exalted never wavered. If anything, the rapid response of the Champions and the miraculous cures wrought by the Solar medics strengthened the girl's idolization. It was during one such outbreak that Via took her Second Breath.

Countless people swarmed through the crowded halls of the vast apartment complex where the then 16-year-old Via lived. She watched with quiet fascination as a young Solar and his mortal assistants treated her father and two of her siblings, slowly pulling them back from the brink of death. As the hours ticked on Via drifted through the halls, watching the medics work and a familiar, blue-clad figure moving gracefully though the hectic crowds, calming panicked residents and easing the rising stress of the medical teams with a few well-placed words. Lyre caught her eye and smiled, her face cheeks turning nearly as pink as her hair.

The girl's awkwardness was banished in an instant when the lights overhead flickered. Chaos erupted almost instantly as the spatial-folding technology that allowed the Gulaki housing buildings to hold their impossible number of tenants began to flicker and fail. Panic spread through the complex faster than any outbreak and residents and medical staff alike began to flee towards the exits. Via turned and ran, fighting against the push of the crowds rather than with. Eventually she made her way to the now abandoned center of the building, the door to the magitech engine room open, its locks disabled.

Via was in the inside and working before the faintest echos of Lyre's footsteps reached her ears. Her hands flew, repairing severed wires and sundered machinery with whatever was at hand, guided by jumbled, incoherent memories of a life that wasn't Via's.

Lyre watched, and approached the newly Exalted solar once the grid had been re-stabilized. Pulling a small mirror from her pocket, she showed Via her reflected caste mark and the girl fainted.

The confusion wore off quickly. The disbelief, less so. Still, Via excelled at her schooling, graduating from the Academy of Celestial Refinement in record time. She dove into her work as quickly as she was allowed, in part because it fulfilled a passion she'd never known she had and in part because it kept her mind off the incessant worries that plague her.

RECENT HISTORY:
Via now makes her home in Yugash, residing in a small suite of apartments near the top of one of the nation's tallest spires. Though considerably smaller than the residences of most Celestial Exalts, she claims the view more than makes up for it. When the stress of her duties or her own internal fears threatening to overwhelm her Via climbs to the top of the spire and sits in silence, watching the Maker's thought-lighting arc above the city.

Via utilizes only a few mortal assistants to manage her mundane day to day concerns, the rest of her retainers are craftsmen of varying skill sets, called upon only when needed for large or complex projects.

RELATIONSHIPS:
Via is a hard girl to get to know. For the most part she keeps to herself, and with her frequent trips into the reaches to repair remote systems and long hours spent locked away in her workshop she's often difficult to find. Over the years Lyre has grown to be her closest friend, confidant and occasional lover (though neither seems to desire a romantic relationship) but recently she's begun worrying over Via's self-imposed isolation and taken measures to push the young Twilight out of her shell, both directly and by pulling the occasional string behind to scene to ensure she's sent on jobs that won't allow her to be too asocial.

PERSONALITY:
Generally quiet and reserved, Via likes to work alone and when in a group tends to let others take charge unless dealing with one of her specialties. She demonstrates an unusually high level of concern for the welfare of mortal workers and has been chastised on several occasions for impeding work efforts whens he hasn't thought conditions were safe enough.

In truth she prefers to work alone because she finds it difficult to justify the lengths many of her fellow Exalts go to. Since her exaltation Via has begun struggling to reconcile the rather naive, idealized view of the Exalted she held as a mortal with the reality of their imperfections and the sacrifices and compromises even the most noble of them have to make due to the war. At her darkest she sometimes worries her Exaltation is flawed or tainted some way, an effect of Sun's surrender leading her down the path of ruin.

Bonus Points spent:
3 - Craft Magitech +3
1 - Conviction +1
4 - Ally (Azure Veiled Lyre, Chosen of Serenity)
4 - Willpower +4

[EDITS!]
11/21 - Changed favored ability from awareness to thrown, swapped two bonus points from abilities (one investigation, one medicine) to Ally, dropped durability enhancing technique for 7 shadows evasion, switched first craft excellency to second, made some minor edits to Relationships for clarification.

11/25 - Named stuff, added up committed motes `n whatnot
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Krule

Oh, she's adorable, I think Sapphire Wind is going to feel that she needs someone looking after her.

Edit: On a different note, I'm surprised you didn't favor thrown, but I suppose your vision for her had it unnessary

Meliai

Yeah in the end I was waffling between resistance, thrown and dodge as her last favored ability. I eventually went with resistance because she prefers to avoid combat all together when she can, where as she's the sort of person who will put herself through great personal suffering for the sake of others at the drop of a hat. I'm still not entirely sold on it but I'm too sleepy to make decisions right now so I'll settle tomorrow.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Rook Seidhr

My Charm suggestions:

I would recommend favoring Thrown rather than Awareness; counting Ink Monkeys, there are an awful lot more Thrown Charms than there are Awareness Charms.

Second Craft Excellency is probably better than First, since Craft gives no positive effect from overkill successes.

Since you're squishy in close combat, Monkey Leap Technique would be a wise Charm choice. (I'd say Lightning Speed but in Autochthonia you're much more likely to have a catwalk or ladder to jump to than a flat surface to dash along.) You probably don't need to start with it.

You do need to start with Seven Shadow Evasion, though.

Quote from: Meliai on November 14, 2012, 02:43:07 AM
Via is a hard girl to get to know. For the most part she keeps to herself
This worries me. Loner characters are often a problem, even in pbp where the party is usually split.

Azure Veiled Lyre, an established Sidereal, is a 4-dot Ally.

Other than that everything looks great.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, one problems what I try hash with Riveda in PM's is to convince Jay Jadestar is not lone wolf sort char (just one which ruffles feathers with most folks with his attitude/behavior). But one way connect to other solar PC's is that they all are part of same circle (towards own circle Jay feels closer altough at times awkward as he is likely mentally/spiritually youngest from the bunch).

Meliai

Oh don't worry, no plans for her to be a asocial hermit or anything. She's not really a loner so much as she's shy and worried about her potentially treasonous beliefs. She generally won't seek out people until she knows and trusts them, but that's part of the reason I gave her Lyre as an ally. Lyre know's Via's a twitchy little ball of stress and can sort of push her out of her shell until she's at the point where she'll venture out on her own.

Everything else sounds good. I'm not super familiar with the Ink Monkeys, they're like a group of exalted writers who do extra stuff outside the regular books right? I wasn't sure if they were considered canon or not. Thanks for the feedback! I'll shuffle things around tomorrow when I'm less drowsy.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Zaer Darkwail

So far as things regarding Ink Monkeys are concerned, the exalted writers consider the things in there as canon worthy material. Which is optional for ST's and players to use but not a must included. Kind like DnD splatbooks (Complete series example).

Rook Seidhr

The 2.5 errata reference the Ink Monkeys material in several places. For that reason, I don't really think of it as optional in 2.5. In any case, we're using it.

Krule

Actually this question has been asked, sense the Ink Monkey's were sanctioned to create stuff, and willing to do so for free, on behalf of White Wolf, they are considered cannon, most of them are right now working on 3rd Edition Exalted... if you don't have the information.. here: http://thor.divnull.com/pub/exalted/ink-monkeys-collection-bw-20100513.pdf
Sorry, that was the smaller version, without all of it.. this is the collected works: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5017537/Ink%20Monkeys%20Ultimate%20Collection.pdf

On a completely different note: I now realize that I need to shift a few background points around, Sapphire Wind has al Voidfighter, but no way to power the thing without an elemental core 3, he can't power it, I'll spend a bit of time thinking that one over... not sure where else I might want to spend my points.. a chaomorphic symbote from dreams of the first age seems to be a bit attractive though.

EDIT: Opps, wait, I forgot about the Gender Morphing Stone, which is also a level 3 elemental Core.. disregard that keeping the Voidfighter, will just have to put in the EC when he attunes his Voidfighter (and before you wonder where he's going to get the archery for it.. if he has the proper charms installed, that can cover the lack.. until he gets more training.. hey has tiger warrior training (*winks*) I wonder where that came from.

second, I think I'd prefer 2 dots of connections to a backing 4, besides I looked up backing 4, and that makes him closer to the leadership of the deliberative then I'm ready for him to be, 3 is good enough..  I'll just have to raise backing later when possible.

As to getting characters involved, I've built SW's intimacies around the idea of involving the other pc's, if you want my suggestions..

- Via Li:  I think shifting either awareness or socialize to thrown as favored is a good idea, socialize is nice for dealing with groups, but it also doesn't have many charms, though the charms it does have can be very nice at times.   And if you like, SW will be willing to help teach her any such charms you want in the future.  As regards to mechanics, sense she's shy, it makes sense for her socialize to be a dot lower, I suggest shifting a dot of socialize into dodge and trading out Spider-Foot Style for Seven Shadow Evasion, giving her a perfect defense and a 7 Dodge DV, which is fairly good.

- Jay Jadefire: Loose a bit of the dark hate for the Exalted leadership of Authchthon, for example, perhaps the same solar who abused his mother died was punished a bit more appropriately, sent to the front and died defending the realm as a hero, leaving him really confused about the whole matter.  The solar deliberative acted, but also made him a hero, burying his more questionable actions under his heroic death?  how is that fair?  But the realm needs heroes and his actions were heroic?  This could create a degree of resentment for the system, but also a degree of willingness to work with the system.. and intimacies to his circle, his dragon blooded companions, and lunar mate could pull him further out of the isolated corner you worked him into.

Zaer Darkwail

This is the version of background what I had edited/changed in PM. But I like ideas tie intimacies to other exalted and just add them into my background so he is not showing up only in space battles.

Warning! Massive wall of text ahead!
Jay Jadestar is son of Cenjo Jadestar, a veteran dragon-blood soldier who served in Gunstar Defense Line army as a ace pilot in company known as Brilliant Blades. His mother was Tuya and they lived in Claslat where she worked as barkeep in bar called Racing Star. Jay also had elder sister, Vneya. She was understudying with mother to both aid and continue her work in the bar which attended to needs of populace and rare exalted guests. Jay dreamed to become someday a soldier, ace pilot like his father which he much admired and he had deep respect for Gunstar Defense Line and thinked all of them as heroes like his father descriped the bunch to be. His father always left his wooden/silver medallion of maiden of battles to Jay whenever he left to work, saying it would be Jay's job to protect home while he is gone and giving medallion as link to guidance when time comes to protect what is precious. Cenjo promised return always retrieve it from Jay when he comes home and so take Jay's duty off him and so he did for many years. It became a ritual shared between Cenjo and Jay.

However, Cenjo one day did not come back home. He died on duty when Jay was a ten year old. From Brilliant Blades arrived Dylan Blade, the company's solar commander to deliver his condolences to Tuya and to rest of the family. Jay saw him near instantly start court and flirt with mother.....Jay did not like it but seeing mother happy instead crying was better deal in his opinion so he did not say anything. Later on Jay felt it was perhaps lucky Dylan ignored him entirely and left him linger on background. However relationship lasted a year, during that time Jay's mother and also oddly sister got odd bruises and both told Jay it was because of 'falling down the stairs' altough bruises appeared in odd spots and Jay did not see them even once fall down stairs in home.

Soon when mother saw sister had also bruises they started shout angrily on each other which resulted Jay's elder sister, back then 17 in age, leave home and literally quit studying the running a bar and ceasing to come to bar help mother. Jay watched more bruises come to mother but she seemed happy somereason. Then one day Dylan came drunk and Jay's mother asked him that they go outside but he refused and then Jay learned where she had got bruises.....Dylan beatting mother up! Dylan struck and mother did not defend herself, receive beatting and nasty words along with nastier activity following that. Jay, a brave altough incredibly foolish young eleven year old boy, screamed and charged to try kick Dylan's ass! He felt this is what he should had seen happening and interfere since start! Try keep promise for his dead father even if he is just eleven years old! But mom, probably had forehand guessed what was about to happen and probably for Jay's own good and to protect from drunken solar grabbed him up from behind and dragged him to his own room and locked the door so he could not get out and he was reduced to listen the lustful activity occuring outside his room and sound of smacks from beatting occuring.

But mom smiled after she got the beatting and she forced Jay to swear never to tell anyone about it! Jay, taught by his father since childhood to honor promises sacred gave angirly his word. However after year of abuse Dylan dumped mother completely off cold...called her being worthless and being only a good lay, slut and so on. It crushed mother's self-worth, more so when her husband had died so recently and it made mother cry and become depressed. She lost interest and will to run the bar and so Racing Star was closed. After long silence in mother's part, days after Dylan had spoken and bar closed she hanged herself on appartment and Jay was one to find her.

Jay contacted a local champion; Goldhammer (orihalcum alchemical) and told full story (as investigation for her death must be thorough and so it forced/freed Jay from his promise) and he expected Dylan being persecuted or very least punished for his actions.....but he was not. Goldhammer was symphatic for Jay's story but he explitically explained how or why solars were untouchable for any cruelties they commit to the general populace....it enraged Jay how fucked up the system was! It was outright unfair and not right! It made him despise Gunstar Defense Line instead admire it, it literally crushed all remaining admiration he had. Thinking Dylan was just one rotten apple from the tree but Goldhammer's explanation made him grew spiteful towards Goldhammer who did nothing for Jay's mother who's suicide clearly was related to Dylan's actions. Same spite spreading to go rest Gunstar Defense Line, as he no longer viewed them as noble heroes.....but bunch of crooks clothed as heroes and only true hero was his father which he still deeply admired.

Because of the law he was send to where his elder sister was....and discovered Dylan had been there and dumped her also and she had lot more bruises but instead doing suicide Vneya handled the break up better in her own way. However Dylan left her influence, or determination, to seduce and whore herself to solars until she finds her perfect match and get elevated from her position?! She had forsaken all ideas to run bar like mother did and did not care for Racing Star and she instead gave the property in return for some clothes and comforts?! Jay was disgusted with his sister, loosing mother was hard blow on Jay but he saw sister was in her own way changed more selfish from the kind sister what he had.....and in way it was perhaps mother killed herself instead succumb to undergo same change caused by Dylan! However Jay had no other place to go so he stayed with his sister and watched her transform more and more ruthless and cold blooded in her pursuit, it becoming a single minded obsession to her to point she dated any solar and bedded any one of them! Despite the looks and mannerism or treatment what she received in bedroom, so long solar looked her favorably was enough and it sickened Jay watch this.

Jay and his sister had break out when he was 17 when he had grown sick of her behavior completely. He had not seen his sister again after that. He has pondered few times on the years how she eventually ended up but he never pursued to confirm any of it. Fearing what he will see. Jay, who disliked the whole caste and hierarchy of Gunstar became then a rebel. Jay never commited serious crime but he stole what he could get by as he refused to work in shifts in local factories (as he lacked training for any specialisized field) and his numerous thefts and misbehavior draw ire of Goldhammer and they both started despise each other and they saw regularly over the years for antics what Jay did. He hated Gunstar Defense Line pilots with passion, but knowing it's suicidal to attack them head long so he instead went indirect route; pranks, sabotage their bikes, pour liquid waste on them when they left from tavern (and one case succeeding dump the stuff on Dylan himself; whcih earned a everlasting enmity from him and Jay was lucky to run away alive from encounter that day). Whenever Jay was caught, Goldhammer dragged him to work in factory as laborer and forced to work there until Jay one way or another slipped free whenever he was not watched by shift chief. He was officially branded as lumpen after his third arrest and forced instalment to work in factory waste section and branding was done by Goldhammer who had given up for Jay learn his lesson and his place in Gunstar society. Becoming lowest low caste in Gunstar.

After that Jay ran away from factory and instead sticking in his normal territory he went to reaches themselves, there at least he could live free from Goldhammer and from the damn system! Not wishing live off humbly as disgraced lumpen. He learned to scavenge for food from wastes and occassion make daring thefts but overall he no longer lived in civilization anymore. Living in constat fear for gremlins and what else lived in dark glooming urban wasteland. In there he befriended a gang, Blood Dragons, which was made up from similar outcastes like Jay was. Lumen who refused to work three shifts a day and wanted only simple thing; freedom from the system. He was accepted in the gang and he bears even today the dark crimson stylisized dragon tattoo over his arm as memory for them. Then he found out they had stolen motorbikes! Shocked from revelation the gang told that couple years ago they got lucky and hijacked few bikes from Gunstar Defense Line, stealing their patrol bikes! However problem was they lacked essence to power them up. However, a somekind exalt approached them (none was sure who/what this mysterious figure was). However figure gave them deal; he/she offers special artifacts which allows power up the bikes (it was not everlasting, as these artifacts worked like essence batteries which ran out eventually). In return the gang members would hold highly dangerous daredevil races to entertain vain members of exalted host who would witness these races in private channel (which no doubt figure asked high fees to watch). If races were entertaining enough they get also food or some minor left over luxuries (which gang called 'bread crumbs from shiny tables').

Jay, as part of gang, was given his own motorbike. A spare one which had remained collect dust in one hidden carages in reaches where even champion patrols would not come investigate or try locate just handful missing bikes from years ago. Jay, who had very much already given up ever become Gunstar pilot had tears of unsuppressed joy when he started the bike and drived with the gang! Of course life in reach was not picnic but the gang sticked together and worked together and had figured best spots find secure rest locations and food in reaches and bikes gave them advantage when it came to running off from danger if they were cautious. Jay after month of practicing became one best bikers in the gang. He joined the races and he did not care did he win or loose the races, he enjoyed the thrill of driving in dangerous and risky situations. It was only true joy what he had left in the world besides feel of freedom what he had in reaches. Altough how costly that freedom was. He expected to die any moment, either by reaches dangers or during the races but he did not care. He was now thrillseeker like the gang was and the gang gave feel for family what he had lost, they were his siblings who all enjoyed same things with their own quirks in their characther.

But then when Jay had turned 22 year old (three years almost living in reaches) they decided do a amazing shocking stunt to hold race in the Yugash! Whole gang involve in it! They spoke the idea had been, appealing to mysterious identity who promised some generous bonus if they pull the race succesfully. With promise for some luxury for their wicked lives they drove in Yugash, and started the races in there on less occupied and patrolled streets in the lines. But they were caught off guard by sudden thought-ligthning from Autochton which happened outside normal pattern and it chased after them! The lightning started fry one by one the gang members! Jay, who had lived years mocking death now first time faced it for real.....and he was scared! He did not want to die! He cried in anquish when gang members got fried one by one in painful fashion. Driving top speed in hair lenght's away from deadly ligthing, all gang members dead he shouted that he will live for them rest of his life best as possible manner he can if he survives this day! And so he exalted on the spot with that promise which he meant by his full heart. He started elusively dodge the ligthning with his motorbike, moving smooth grace and survive the near death experience thanks his exaltation as a solar. In thrill of the moment he did not realize it until he saw everything glowing gold....and see from motorbike's reflection castemark in his forehead, framed by his lumen brand tattoo.

Loom of Fate detected his exaltation and he was soon tracked down by recruiter from The Academy of Celestial Refinement where his education will be held. Jay felt this was big change for him, but still he disliked solars in general because of Dylan and them being immune or rather above the common laws which apply to mortals and so he could not but laugh on the offer and irony of whole situation. But he joined the academy altough he was listed one most laziest and uncooperative students in there. Along his joining his lumen tattoo was removed but it did not remove spite what Goldhammer held towards Jay whom he thinks does not deserve being a solar (and Jay did not improve his statement by showing tongue at him). When graduation eventually happened eight years later, they prepared grand banquet for him and even visit on the Malki archives in Sova to meet his earlier exalted incarnation. But he learned all solars will attend in banquet as it's tradition and so Dylan would be there.....and not wanting cause scene which he is sure to happen he skipped the whole dinner sneaking out the place and racing out with his bike and returning to Claslat! He was few solars ever in Realm history to skip the graduation dinner and ceremonies! The other expections were based on national emergencies or such giving reason ignore the tradition but he did so willingly and on purpose. This enraged many solars who had came to attend and disrupt them from their duties or their own plans.

Jay then became a wandering solar in Claslat, doing nothing to contribute on the Realm and holding the daring race stunts to get some food to get by while he slept in ruins or in unfinished buildings. Doing his reaches harnessed urban survival combined with basic pickpocketing to survive. He got caught dozen times red handed by alchemicals and dragon-bloods who grew disgusted that one Realm brightest stars, a solar, was living in such conditions. Jay had been offered nice apartment and room and food in Claslat.....but he refused it. He felt it was betrayal for his friends from reaches if he lived in such condittion without honestly deserving it (instead auto granted just because he is solar). He did not live where he should be and where he got food but he continued live like he had before he had been recruited upon the academy! It baffled peacekeeper forces who got him caught on crimes. But not much Goldhammer who's dislike only continued grew and he could do little to stop Jay from continuing as he did expect a night in restriction cell whenever he got caught in theft and so earn ire of locals. Only way how he spended his wealth at all was weird tailor made clothes which were not uniform alike at all....but simply weird fashion and he did it so he can even passively defy the present stuck up social structure of Gunstar.

However his behavior had drawn attention of Raesha, a female twilight solar who was a brilliant engineer and weapon designer. She had researched his piloting skills were top notch, easily evade or run off from peacekeepers despite his vechile is outdated model. He had little to no connections to any solars, nor apparent any grand ambitions for that matter and he had disliked to Gunstar Defense Line. Raesha then contacted Jay and introduced him to her secret project....orihalcum Phoenix, a top of the art voidfigther designed specifically for celestials to use. She asked obligation and also eclipse reinforced oaths be silent about the project and in return Jay would get his long awaited dream come true; fly a voidfigther and battle enemies of Realm in space. While not be part of Gunstar Defense Line which he disliked or hated depending day of the week. But rather as part as Raesha's private testing group which occasions cooperates with military but is not part of command structure (expects hers personally and she has enough influence and weight around to keep military out from her labs and her people). Jay agreed on the terms and so he became test pilot for Phoenix and during a day lasting meditation he formed link and connection to ship's AI which is called Radiant. Jay formed team with four other dragon-blood pilots who belonged to Raesha's staff and after several weeks of tests, training for war stragedies and aerial combat and he showed naturally fast progressing talent to pick up piloting. After final adjustments the ships, the squad entered to one conflict zones to test the ship....and it left their target audience; Gunstar Defense Line military and folks in Realm slack jawed when they saw Phoenix in action. However part of the deal was for Jay work under a alias and not reveal his real name nor face while wearing full body helmed pilot suit. So he is known only by his code name; Goldhawk.

Jay continued live at first like he did before; stealing, living by carbage send to farms work as biological fertilizer and sleeping in ruined city blocks. However one accident where Rhaesa and her crew failed find him (as his official address is still same appartment he was given when he became solar, place which he had visited only once in his life). Accident was missed battlefield oppoturnity to test Phoenix. Now, upset with loss of test chance Rhaesa gave Jay ultimatum; now on he must get regularly three warm meals a day (and not scavenge nor steal it), he must sleep/live in location where she can find him easily and also carry a communication device which will vibrate or even ring when Rhaesa wishes Jay come over to the lab. Said device has two buttons; one to confirm the call answered and other to call in if he's in trouble. Or else Jay no longer participates in the project at all. Pressured by his own dreams to become ace pilot stacked over his own stuborn nature and so Jay agreed on the terms. He started live on literally on Rhaesa's lab; some her workers had rooms in the lab and there was spare one which small very spartan in furnituring. He ate same breakfast as workers did and he goes get evening meal by dinning outside with small amount of money and eats same dinner what workers have in lab. Rhaesa did not complain the arrangement and Radiant was actually thrilled for it as it allowed her interact and talk to her pilot more often.

So, Jay no longer has need to steal or scavenge to survive but to keep his profile up as local vagabond troublemaker he visits daily in Claslat to show himself. Locals have long memories and Goldhammer has even longer (and few close calls by Dylan's thugs whom he had send to beat him up from waste bath from years ago). Locals and Goldhammer thinks Jay lives now in reaches as he does not show up anywhere his old haunts nor his official appartment and Jay does not dismiss the rumors. Goldhammer assumes the whatever money he uses (and property, weapons etc) to buy food is stolen and anything what he owns is stolen (expect clothes which he doubts any sane Gunstar resident would wear expect Jay). Goldhammer has few times kicked him out of district (or escorted) or caused overall trouble for him or harass him much as it's legally possible to do for a solar (arrested more than once for unproper dress code being popular one). Also confiscation anything what presents high wealth he confiscates and tries locate original owners (with little to no result as Rhaesha does not plan blow Jay's cover doing something stupid as retrieve property).

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Krule on November 14, 2012, 12:09:37 PM
- Jay Jadefire: Loose a bit of the dark hate for the Exalted leadership of Authchthon, for example, perhaps the same solar who abused his mother died was punished a bit more appropriately
Unless I completely misread the original version of the story, it was a consensual BDSM relationship, albeit a sick one. An obviously abusive relationship would have been dealt with differently. It's changed in the latest version.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, the idea was that it was abusive BDSM relationship where in end Dylan was a jerk who pushed his words with UMI likely to crush all sense of selfworth from mother to a point she believed his words and she made suicide. So to Jay's eyes Dylan may not have held the rope ready for mother and tie her neck to the rope but the same he could have done it.

But because of shady nature of relationship and no proof of UMI use Dylan walks scath free (and would likely even if proved he used UMI and give himself a legit reason/explanation why he used it which would be viewed brutal but accetable). Overall I wrote Dylan something like Desus of Gunstar (what comes being a dick who covers his public image).

Death of Dylan would be great bonus for Jay, but still he would think system is rotten as it allows such things to happen in first place (as Goldhammer, a orihalcum alchemical explains it to him when he's a child). I overall try portray that Jay dislikes the system itself but not all solars in the system. I can edit more to make clear this difference so he does not hate 'all exalted host'. But in this version what I posted he has clear dislike for Gunstar Defense Line people (which are exalted but to his eyes he would hate unexalted people as well) as he thinks it provides 'perfect cover' for likes of Dylan and he thinks secretly almost all so called heroes in Gunstar Defense Line are dicks or somehow abuse their prestige status (mislead belief which anyone can freely elaborate him about and so give me excuse spend 9 XP get rid of the flaw).

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 14, 2012, 03:51:32 PM
(mislead belief which anyone can freely elaborate him about and so give me excuse spend 9 XP get rid of the flaw).
No. Flaws are not a Training effect. They go away when I say they go away.

Zaer, please build a character with no points from Flaws. We can then discuss what Flaws I will allow and how you wish to spend the points from them.

EDIT: That was meant to be a PM to Zaer but I forgot to cut/paste. However, I think I'll let it stand in case anyone else had the same mistaken attitude.

Krule

Fair enough, I wasn't sure on that, though in the case of a solar, consensual becomes.. uncertain if they possess certain charms.

I still think his hatred for the system is a bit strong, he's seen the worst, but never any of the best, like a group of champions fighting to protect him in the reaches from a void cult lead by a infernal, or something along those lines, but now that he's in the heart of the power of the realm, he might end up getting a chance to see that.... of course, I might be channeling Sapphire Wind's exasperation for his younger exalted circlemate...
hmm, it occurs to me..

You need a Eclipse to bind his oath to Raesha, with backing 3 in the Solar Deliberative, he is almost certain to know and deal with her, maybe he's the eclipse who bound his oath.. doesn't have to know what the project is, unless you want him too, though Sapphire can keep his mouth shut (Temperance 3.. just because he won't lie, doesn't mean he has to tell you anything).  Maybe Sapphire is even one of the solars who was sent to Jay insisting that he live up to his new potential.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Riveda on November 14, 2012, 03:55:30 PM
No. Flaws are not a Training effect. They go away when I say they go away.

Zaer, please build a character with no points from Flaws. We can then discuss what Flaws I will allow and how you wish to spend the points from them.

EDIT: That was meant to be a PM to Zaer but I forgot to cut/paste. However, I think I'll let it stand in case anyone else had the same mistaken attitude.

Ok, I can work charsheet without any flaws in it. Easy to do.

Quote from: Krule on November 14, 2012, 03:58:14 PM
Fair enough, I wasn't sure on that, though in the case of a solar, consensual becomes.. uncertain if they possess certain charms.

I still think his hatred for the system is a bit strong, he's seen the worst, but never any of the best, like a group of champions fighting to protect him in the reaches from a void cult lead by a infernal, or something along those lines, but now that he's in the heart of the power of the realm, he might end up getting a chance to see that.... of course, I might be channeling Sapphire Wind's exasperation for his younger exalted circlemate...
hmm, it occurs to me..

You need a Eclipse to bind his oath to Raesha, with backing 3 in the Solar Deliberative, he is almost certain to know and deal with her, maybe he's the eclipse who bound his oath.. doesn't have to know what the project is, unless you want him too, though Sapphire can keep his mouth shut (Temperance 3.. just because he won't lie, doesn't mean he has to tell you anything).  Maybe Sapphire is even one of the solars who was sent to Jay insisting that he live up to his new potential.

I am fine with idea your char had done the oath. Raesha is one big figures in deliberate and has backing 3 (and likely higher depending how Riveda designs her). Also fine if you had showed up to talk to him correct his behavior (and with his present attitude he had refused). It's true I made Jay purposefully see only all the ugly end of solar reign and I made it purpose; so when he starts see the honestly good stuff it would lead him confused. he may be stubborn but not idiot and I made him in mind that he can change and evolve.

Krule

Excellent, now as long as Rivera gives the go ahead, we know at least part of how our characters have interacted to this point.. in this incarnation at least, likely have been companions in the same circle sense their first exaltation.  As to Raesha, I think as an elder exalt, she's likely backing 4 or even 5, but that, again is up to the ST.

Rook Seidhr

With regret and after much soul-searching, I have asked Zaer to leave the game. He is an enthusiastic and engaged player, and clearly wants to make a solid character, but I have spent more than twice as much time working with him as with everyone else combined, and the effort was cutting into my enjoyment of the game as a whole. I only have so much energy to spend on what is, after all, supposed to be entertainment and not a job.

If this is a problem for anyone, and you wish to leave as well, I will understand.

Zaer Darkwail

Just to inform in PM discussion it came apparent that all the extra effort which has been going towards development of Jay has energy draining effect similar to soulsteel for Riveda, which can lead that he looses his own interest on the game if he spends this much effort with me to build my char which in itself is something what he would feel uneasy about to let run even if he would trust me.

So, I cannot make new char nor change background, simply put I burned all the time I had available on table with ST and more than that  :'(. So for overall best I have to leave from the game so the game has chance to start off without me draining ST empty before game starts (*insert random vampire joke*).

So, I warmly wish you happy gaming everyone and I hope the game gets off the ground :). Hoping my departure gives ST energy to spare it to rest of you guys.

Edit; Damn, you were quicker Riveda :P. Indeed, do not let this scenario scare you from joining in. Just that my char was too big bite to swallow whole as it was and it took long work with.

Krule

Ah.. well, sorry to see you go, but I completely understand on everyone's part.. still want to run Sapphire Wind here.

Rook Seidhr

I don't suppose anyone here knows how to hack Anathema character templates really well? I thought I had it down, but I'm running into trouble with Sidereal Martial Arts Charms for Sidereals—it won't let me start with more than 1 for some reason.

Rook Seidhr

Oh, also, a tip: Don't go too heavily into Holy-keyword Charms. Holy is all screwed up in Gunstar by the Tyrant Sun being on the enemy side. You're all lucky you aren't creatures of darkness yourselves.

Terian

I..  Might be interested?

I'm still mulling over ideas though, what do you guys need?

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Terian on November 15, 2012, 08:04:39 PM
I..  Might be interested?
Having just lost Zaer, I'll take one more.

Quote from: Terian on November 15, 2012, 08:04:39 PM
I'm still mulling over ideas though, what do you guys need?
Sidereals other than Chosen of Venus. A Lunar, maybe, especially a Changing Moon. (Alchemicals or DBs also welcome.)

Terian

I might have a Lunar--how much combat do you expect to see in this game?

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Terian on November 15, 2012, 09:29:20 PM
I might have a Lunar--how much combat do you expect to see in this game?
As much as the players' choice of character traits and Charms tells me they want to see. Perhaps a discussion is in order.

Certainly there will be some combat, both face-to-face and ship-to-ship, since a couple of the PCs appear to be fairly combat focused and I want them to be able to shine.

FWIW, I plan to freeform through combat and other ultra-mechanical situations, asking people for their strategies and priorities and then working out what happens based on the Charms and assets at their disposal.

AndyZ

Repeated banging of my head against the wall doesn't seem to be helping ideas fully mesh.  I should probably abdicate the Dawn position.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: AndyZ on November 15, 2012, 10:59:09 PM
Repeated banging of my head against the wall doesn't seem to be helping ideas fully mesh.  I should probably abdicate the Dawn position.
Would you like to play something else, or are you D: dropping out completely?

AndyZ

It's absolutely not you.  It's completely me.  It's just...not happening for me, no matter how much I fight or try to force it.  I'm sorry.

Trystia

Okay, so I've still got a lot of work to do for her, but I'm making progress, and felt I should at least post what I have so far.

Beneficent Emerald Silhouette
Strategic Reorganization Facilitator

Player:Trystia
Type:Lunar
Caste:No Moon
Motivation:Free the workers of the world through automation.
Intimacies:Her Daughter (Motherly Admiration), <Her Solar Mate, as played by Anon315> (Undying Love), Populat (Fond Responsibility), The Gnosis (Pride)
Anima:Silvery outline of a purple cobra, coiled around her legs and rising up above her head, ready to strike.
Spirit Shape:  King Cobra
Tell:Slitted eyes and fangs
Birthday:<TBD>
Height:170 cm (5'7")
Weight:54 kg (119 lbs)
Skin:Pale
Hair:Wavy black, shoulder-length, often partly hidden under a beret which also serves to keep it out of her eyes.
Eyes:Dark green and slitted. (tell)
Style:Skin-tight black leather and overcoat, with silver accents.

ATTRIBUTES

[] Strength•••••[] Charisma•••••[•] Perception••••
[•] Dexterity••••[] Manipulation•••••[•] Intelligence•••••
[] Stamina•••••[] Appearance••••[•] Wits•••••

ABILITIES

DawnZenithTwilight
[] Archery•••••[] Integrity•••••[•] Craftsee below
[] Martial Arts•••••[] Performance••••[] Investigation•••••
[] Melee•••••[] Presence•••••[] Lore•••••
[] Thrown•••••[] Resistance*•••••[] Medicine•••••
[] War•••••[•] Survival••••[] Occult•••••

NightEclipseCrafts
[] Athletics•••••[•] Bureaucracy*•••••Craft (Air)•••••
[] Awareness•••••[] Linguistics•••••Craft (Fire)•••••
[] Dodge•••••[] Ride•••••Craft (Water)••••
[] Larceny•••••[] Sail*•••••Craft (Magitech)•••••
[] Stealth•••••[] Socialize••••

Specialties
Bureaucracy: Factories
Bureaucracy: Logistics
Resistance: Extreme Temperatures
Sail: Flying Vehicles

Languages: Old Realm (literate)

BACKGROUNDS

Allies1* (Represents a single Snakewoman daughter)
Artifact5 (Battle Skiff: The Gnosis, Precision Goggles, 'Stone of Dream Entrance', Traveler's Staff, +3)
Class4
Connections2 (The Sodalities)
Cult3
Familiar5 (Machine-god)
Heart's Blood  1
Savant1
Solar Bond5

VIRTUES

Compassion4
Conviction3
Temperance1
Valor2
Limit[••••• •••••]
Virtue Flaw:Curse of the Mother Cobra
Break Effect:Overcome by the desire to mother those around her, Emerald will attempt to feed, bathe, and clothe those around her, selecting up to a half dozen such individuals and ignoring all refusals of her 'assistance'. She will warn off any who try to approach those in her care, and if her warnings are ignored, will resort to lethal violence.
Partial Control:Emerald may restrict her impulses to affect only those she knows, but still must select at least four people.

Willpower: 5

Personal Pool: 17
Peripheral Pool: 36/36
Committed: 0

KNACKS
Deadly Lamia Transformation - Fangs, Scales, Serpent's Body
Laurels-and-Ivy Technique

CHARMS
Appearance:
• New Friend Aroma
Dexterity:
• First Dexterity Excellency: Essence Overwhelming
• Clay-Wetting Practice
Intelligence:
• Second Intelligence Excellency: Essence Triumphant
• Instinctive Intelligence Unity
• Argent Muse Approach
• Inevitable Genius Insight
Perception:
• Second Perception Excellency: Essence Triumphant
• Flaw-Finding Examination
Stamina:
• Ox-Body Technique (-1/-1)

BP

12 Available:
12 - Background: Familiar, Solar Bond

Background, still in progress

Beneficent Emerald Silhouette exalted most of two decades ago, in the midst of a catastrophic explosion aboard a massive mobile refinery complex crawling through the far Reaches. A lone dormant Gremlin had been somehow been gathered up with all the other raw material being melted down into raw ingots in massive blast furnaces, and though it had not survived the withering heat, it its death throes it had clogged numerous coolant systems, causing critical failures. Within moments, molten slag was overflowing from vats and causing support struts to melt, with a dozen workers vaporized by the heat.

In the midst of the sudden holocaust, Emerald braved the extreme heat to rush out of the safety of the observation platform she had been stationed in to frantically try and reprogram the automated systems of the refinery to act as suppressants. Though already brilliant and on a fast track for promotion into the upper administration of the mobile platform, completing the task of reprogramming the units in less than an hour should have been beyond mortal abilities, and indeed perhaps it was beyond her, but she was never allowed the opportunity to find out. As a support strut gave way far below, metal beams came crashing down, trapping Emerald in place, less than a meter from the control console.

Emerald might have perished then and there, but instead fortune smiled upon her and her body was suffused with the light and power of the moon, the brilliant soul gem on her forehead glowing brilliantly and then submerging beneath her skin to be replaced by the shining mark of a No Moon of Luna. Transforming into a cobra with the ease of instinct, Emerald slithered free of the tangled mess of struts and perched atop the console, shifting back into human form to reprogram the automated systems with a sudden newfound level of intuition she had never before possessed. Within moments, the robotic tenders were setting up makeshift barriers and dumping coolant to bring conditions back under control.

Though she'd already saved any number of lives, there were plenty more factory workers in need of help, and Emerald went quickly into action. Discovering that she could take on the form of a half-snake, half-human creature of far greater strength and stamina, she rushed down to the floor and freed workers from debris, applied tourniquets to those who might have otherwise bled to death after losing a limb, and helped with salvaging as much of the refinery as possible. By the end, rather than exhausted, she felt instead invigorated, though she remembers few of the details of the rest of that night clearly, aside from waking up amidst a tangle of slumbering bodies, the room permeated with the scent of sex.

When the mobile refinery finally returned to the city it called home, three weeks later, there was no sign of an industrial accident, and things were running so smoothly and efficiently that despite the tragic loss of life, the platform was now overstaffed. Indeed, rather than falling behind on their quota, there was actually a bountiful excess of refined ingots. However, now that she was back in civilized society, there was no longer any excuse to continue delaying Emerald's new duties, and she was whisked away to the Academy of Celestial Refinement, only discovering during the medical examinations required for all new celestial exalts that she was pregnant.

Krule

I created SW to be viable in combat and out of combat, and intend to continue along that view..

Nice to see one of the Void Hunt joining us.. *winks*

Muse

Name:      Kuroshita Mai
Player:    Muse
Type:      Sidereal
Auspice:   Serenity

Age, Apparent:   24
Weight         5’9”
Skin         Tanned
Hair         Blond
Eyes         Brown

Motivation:  Restore the Unconquered Sun. 

Intimacies: 
--Audience:  (Give them the show they deserve.) 
--Cathek Bamulase (Love and Lust.) 
--Horses (They should be respected and nurtured.) 
--Kuroshita Kage  (Love, Lust, and Loyalty.)
--Kuroshita Family (Love and Loyalty)
--Sako (He’s adorable.) 

Strength      2
Dexterity      5
Stamina      2

Perception      2
Intelligence      2
Wits         3

Charisma      3
Manipulation      3
Appearance      5

Journeys:
Resistance      3
Ride         2   Horses
Sail         2
Survival      0
Thrown      0

Serenity: 
*Craft: Fate      3
*Dodge      0
*Linguistics      3
*Performance      5   Dance X2
*Socialize      3

Battles
Archery      0
*Athletics      3
Melee         0
*Presence      3   Seduction
War         0

Secrets: 
*Investigation      1
Larceny      0
Lore         2
Occult         2
Stealth         1

Endings
Awareness      1
Bureaucracy      3
Integrity      3
*Martial Arts      4   
Medicine      1

Virtues: 
Compassion      4
Conviction      4
Temperance      2
Valor         2

Willpower      8

Essence      4
--Personal Motes   16
--Peripheral Motes   46
--Committed Motes   13

Charms: 
Linguistics: 
--Favorable Inflection Procedure

Martial Arts
--Second Martial Arts Excellency: Essence Triumphant
--Secrets of Future Strife
--Flight of Mercury
--Blade of the Battle Maiden
--Joy in Adversity Stance
--Violet Bier of Sorrows Form

Perform: 
--Second Performance Excellency: Essence Triumphant
--Heart Brightening Presentation Style
--Perfection in Life
--Song of Spirit Persuasion
--Faultless Ceremony
--Defense of Shining Joy
--Ice and Fire Binding
--Harmonic Completion

Backgrounds: 
Artifact   5
Class      4
Connections   2   The Void Hunt
Connections   2   The Theomarchy
Cult      4
Sifu      3

Merits: 
(2)  Enchanting Features

Expanded Backgrounds: 
Artifacts: 
(3)  Folding Servant
(5)  Infinite Resplendence Amulet (Starmetal and Moonsilver.) 
(0)  Skin Mount Amulet
(8)  Perfected Kata Bracers (Star Metal)
(0)  Verdant Dodecadron (This elemental core is identical to a Gem of Resilient Bamboo.) 

Punch (Violet Bier of Sorrows form active.) 
Speed         5   
ACC      +2   11 (15)
Damage   +0   2B (6b/L)   
Defense   +1   5 (7)
Rate         3

Dodge DV   5
--Defense of Shining Joy   8

Dodge MDV   8

Soak: 
Bashing   7/11
Lethal      7/11
Aggravated   5/9

Health: 
OK   ( )
-1   ( )( )
-2   ( )( )
-4   ( )
I   ( )
D   ( )( )

NSFW: 
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

“Hi.  I’m Kuroshita Mai, and this is my sister Kage. 

“We share everything.” 

Bonus Point Expenditures: 
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
2:  +2 Martial Arts
1:  +1 Performance
2:  Merits
2:  Virtues
3:  Willpower
2:  +1 Cult

Malixe

Name:       Kage Kuroshita
Type:       Solar Exalt
Caste:       Zenith
Apparent Age: 24
Birthday:   
Height:       5’9”
Skin:         Tanned
Hair:         Blond
Eyes:      Brown

Anima: Sharp-eared slender creature with an eye in the center of both palms and a grim smile that spans the world.

Motivation: Restore the Unconquered Sun

Intimacies:
--Audience (Give them the show they deserve)
--Kuroshita Mai (Love and Loyalty)
--Cathek Bamulase (Love and Compassion)
--Parents/Family (Loyalty and Respect)
--Sako the Familiar (Affection)
--The Enslaved (Fervor for their Freedom)

Physical:
Strength         1
Dexterity         4
Stamina         2

Social:
Charisma         4
Manipulation      2
Appearance      5

Intellectual:
Perception      2
Intelligence      4
Wits            3

Abilities:

Dawn;         
Archery      
Martial Arts      
Melee         
Thrown         3   Daggers
War         

Zenith;
Integrity         3
Performance      5   Dance
Presence         4   Inspiring
Resistance      1
Survival      

Twilight;
Craft
Investigation      1
Lore            2
Medicine         1
Occult         5

Night;
Athletics         3
Awareness      1
Dodge         4   Unarmored
Larceny
Stealth

Eclipse;
Bureaucracy      1
Linguistics      1
Ride
Sail            1
Socialize         4

Backgrounds:
Artifact         4   Infinite Resplendence Amulet IV (Starmetal and Moonsilver.)
Class         4
Connections      2   The Deliberative Army
Connection      2   The Void Hunt
Cult            4
Familiar         2   Snake
Savant         2

Essence:       4

Virtues:
Compassion      3/
Conviction      6/    Primary
Temperance      3/
Valor         2/

Willpower      8/

Essence       4
Personal Motes   20
Peripheral Motes   54
Commited      5

Merits:
Enchanting features (+2)

Charms:

Perform;
   Second Performance Excellency
   Heart-Compelling Method
   Husband-Seducing Demon Dance

Resistance;
   Ox Body Technique
   Body Mending Meditation

Occult;
   Terrestrial Circle Sorcery
   Celestial Circle Sorcery

Athletics;
   Graceful Crane Stance

Socialize;
   Mastery of Small Manners

Sorcery;
   First Circle;
   Burning Eyes of the Offender
   Infallible Messenger
   Spirit Sword
   Flight of the Brilliant Raptor

Second Circle;
   Ivory Orchid Pavilion
   Sapphire Countermagic
   Travel Without Distance

Artifacts (Attunement): 
(5)  Infinite Resplendence Amulet IV   STarmetal and Moonsilver (5)
(2)  Skin Mount Amulet (set with Amythest Dodekahedron of Sorcery)
(3)  Amythest Dodekahedron of Sorcery:  This Elemental Core replicates the effects of a Gem of Sorcery (Odinol’s Codex 107):  once per day, it may reduce the mote cost of a spell by 10.  As a level three elemental core, it grants six motes per hour.  Set in her skin mount amulet, it increases her peripheral mote pool by 6. 

Defenses: 
Dodge DV   7
Dodge MDV   8

Soak (Without Infinite Resplendence Amulet)
Bashing:   7(2)
Lethal      6(1)
Agravated   5

Health: 
OK   ( )
-1   ( )( )( )
-2   ( )( )( )( )
-4   ( )
I   ( )
D   ( )( )

(2)  +2 Conviciton
(3)  +3 Willpower
(2) Merit: Enchanting Features
(2) Cult +1
(3) Extra Spell

AndyZ

Well, this is what I've managed to throw together.  Maybe people can give some suggestions if they want to.

Caste: Dawn
Motivation: Free the Unconquered Sun

Strength 2 Dexterity 5 Stamina 2 Charisma 2 Manipulation 2 Appearance 3 Perception 4 Intelligence 3 Wits 4

Archery* 1 Athletics 3 Awareness 5 (Initiative +3) Integrity* 1 Investigation 1 Lore 2 Martial Arts* 3 Melee* 5 (Blades +3) Occult 2 Presence* 1 Resistance 5 Sail* 2 Socialize 1 Thrown* 0 War* 5

<Four ability points left, Two favoreds left>

[Backgrounds: 12]

Artifact 5 - Skyslicer

- Orichalcum Scarlet Empress

- Attached Warstrider Grand Daiklaive and Thunderbolt Shield

- Essence Core 5: Recall Stone
Allows the user to teleport back to his or her warstrider by either the attuned user or someone at the warstrider spending ten motes.  Teleportation is a Speed 7, DV -3 action.

Backing 3: Gunstar Defense Line

<Four background points left>

[Charms]

Hungry Tiger Technique

Golden Destruction Cut

One Weapon, Two Blows

Peony Blossom Attack

Iron Whirlwind Attack

Invincible Fury of the Dawn

Durability of Oak Meditation

Ox-Body Technique

Body-Mending Meditation

Surprise Anticipation Method

Invincible Essence Reinforcement

Fists of Iron Attack

Thunderclap Rush Attack

Dual Slaying Posture

Awareness Triumphant

Compassion 2 Conviction 3 Temperance 2 Valor 5

Essence 4 Willpower 9

Limit Break: Heart of Flint

Personal Essence: 21

Peripheral Essence: 49

<11 bonus points left>

For her base equipment, I was thinking about an exceptional alchemical glass greatsword, using the stats of chiaroscuran glass, and an exceptional synthetic leather greatcoat.  She's far from helpless outside the Skyslicer, but she's definitely optimized for it.

Because only one DB has ever been able to attune to a Scarlet Empress type voidship, she'd mostly be in a class of her own, at least until they figure out how to teach others in that regard.

I haven't even been able to find a picture I really like, though.  I kinda have one which would require articulated plate but I'd figure they'd mostly want her in something without fatigue when she's not in the warstrider so as not to be constantly exhausted.

I just...have not been able to get, like, anything decent beyond what I have there.  I've been at it for days.

Rook Seidhr

Talked with AndyZ and he's now considering a warstrider pilot in the Deliberative Army, so please apply your brainstorming efforts to that.

Atarn

Was told to see if there's place for a Dawn caste. Or a Lunar.
A sudden storm in
    summer, the brightest
    star at night; an
    opportunist rogue,
    confessor of sins
    a master of hearts
    a dominant lover

Rook Seidhr

Doesn't look like we have a spot for a Dawn, since AndyZ is still reworking his idea. A Lunar, maybe, but not a combat monster, we have one of those.

Terian

Bah!  But I like playing fighty characters!

Rook Seidhr

Terian, you could play a Chosen of Battles—though they're pretty fragile in a stand-up fight. Alternatively, you could play an Alchemical or a Dragon-Blood; I've boosted their starting power level enough that they should be reasonable PCs.

Anon315

Kelen, Truth's Shield
Specialist Regulator Commander

Player:Anon315
Type:Solar
Caste:Zenith
Motivation:Keep the peace on Autochthon, removing the Fair Folk Threat
Intimacies:His Squad (Loyalty), Beneficent Emerald Silhouette (Caring), The Mortal Denizens of Sova (Loyalty)
Anima:Golden shield, emblazoned with a seal which appears to be an Essence Hammer with a sunburst behind it.
Birthday:12th of Resplendent Water
Height:196 cm, (6'5")
Weight:110 kg (242 lbs.)
Skin:Slightly Olive-Tinged
Hair:Black and short-cropped to his head.
Eyes:Blue.

ATTRIBUTES

[] Strength•••••[] Charisma•••••[] Perception•••••
[] Dexterity•••••[] Manipulation•••••[] Intelligence•••••
[] Stamina•••••[] Appearance•••••[] Wits•••••

ABILITIES

DawnZenithTwilight
[] Archery•••••[•] Integrity••••[•] Craftsee below
[] Martial Arts•••••[•] Performance•••••[•] Investigation•••••
[•] Melee••••[•] Presence•••••[] Lore•••••
[] Thrown•••••[•] Resistance•••••[] Medicine••••
[] War•••••[•] Survival••••[] Occult•••••

NightEclipseCrafts
[] Athletics••••[] Bureaucracy•••••Craft (Fire)•••••
[•] Awareness•••••[] Linguistics•••••••••
[] Dodge••••[] Ride•••••••••
[] Larceny•••••[] Sail•••••••••
[•] Stealth•••••[] Socialize••••

Specialties
Integrity: The Fair Folk   1   
Survival: Tracking   1
Resistance: In Combat   1   
Martial Arts: Fighting Unarmed   1
Melee: Power Mace

Languages: Old Realm, <TBD>

BACKGROUNDS

Arsenal4
Artifact3 (Celestial Battle Armor, Power Mace, Yasal Crystal)
Backing3 (Void Hunt)
Class4
Command1
Connections2 (Olgotary of Hadal)
Cult3
Manse3 (Stone of Judgement)
Virtues and Willpower
VIRTUES

Compassion2
Conviction4
Temperance2
Valor2
Limit[••••• •••••]
Virtue Flaw:Heart of Flint
Break Effect:Kelen's heart hardens to all emotion. He feels and expresses no emotions: not robotic, but lacking all empathy and feeling. He considers only efficiency in choosing his course of action, and his reduced tact imposes a two-die penalty on all social rolls involving face-to-face interaction.
Partial Control:Kelen's emotions are significantly muted but still present. He suffers a two-die penalty to Social rolls involving face-to-face interaction, and his primary motivation
is still efficiency, but he will avoid doing anything to which he has a strong emotional aversion.

Willpower: 6

Essence and Charms
Personal Pool: 18
Peripheral Pool: 26/44
Committed: 18

CHARMS
Third Martial Arts Excellence
Third Melee Excellence
Hungry Tiger Technique
Dipping Swallow Defense
Bulwark Stance
Heavenly Guardian Defense
Third Integrity Excellence
Integrity-Protecting Prana
Destiny-Manifesting Method
Temptation-Resisting Stance
Ox-Body Technique x2  (2 -1 health levels each)
Essence-Lending Method
Spirit-Detecting Glance
Spirit-Cutting Attack

BP

1 Willpower
4 Background
4 Ability – Favored / Caste
2 Ability – Non-Favored
1 Specialties

Background
To Come

AndyZ

Quote from: Terian on November 16, 2012, 05:28:18 PM
Bah!  But I like playing fighty characters!

I suppose I could work on something else.  What were you thinking for your idea, Terian?

Dracorion

Name: Bamulase Cathek
Type: Lunar Exalt
Caste: Full Moon
Apparent Age: 24
Height: 6’2”
Skin: Tanned
Hair: Black
Eyes: Green

Spirit Shape: Hronth
Tell: A patch of rough, scale-like skin where his ears ears should be.
Anima: Silvery figure of a large, scaled, turtle-headed creature roaring ferociously.

Motivation: Become the most respected scholar and savant in Autochthonia

Intimacies:

--Scholars (Secret Admiration)
--Kuroshita Mai (Love and Loyalty)
--Kuroshita Kage (Love, Lust and Loyalty - Solar Mate)
--Kyruko Cinna (Respect)
--Sako the Familiar (Nasty Runt)
--Yozi Servants (Outlet for his anger)

Strength3  Charisma3  Perception2
Dexterity5Manipulation1Intelligence3
Stamina4Appearance5Wits3

Archery0Craft0Bureaucracy0
Athletics3Larceny0Investigation3
Awareness3Linguistics0Lore3
Dodge3Performance0Medicine0
Integrity3Presence3Occult3
Martial Arts5Ride0
Melee2Sail1
Resistance3Socialize0
Thrown0Stealth0
War1Survival3

Specialties
Investigation: Analysis2Survival: In Space1
Dodge: In Space2Martial Arts: Natural Weapons3

Languages: Old Realm (native)

Backgrounds:

Artifact4
Class4
Cult3
Connections1 (Gunstar Defense Line)
Solar Bond3
Savant2
Sifu2 (Kyruko Cinna [Lunar] ~ Lunar Hero Style, Art of Relentless Persuasion, Fire Dragon Style, White Reaper Style)
Backing2 (Gunstar Defense Line)

Virtues:
Compassion 2
Conviction 5
Temperance 1
Valor 3

Virtue Flaw (Conviction):
The Curse of the Rampaging Rhino   
The character cannot be denied. No matter how much anyone may insist they shouldn't pursue a certain goal because of societal pressure or inconvenience or simple impossibility, the Rampaging Rhino will not rest, eat or sleep until his goal has been attained, and will not stop to consider the best route, simply push forward in the most direct way. If anyone tries to stop him or stand in his way, he will attack with no mercy until they are no longer an obstacle. The Rampaging Rhino will not wait for allies to help or catch up, he will simply keep pushing forward.
Partial control: The character will not cease the pursuit of his goal, but he can stop and consider the best course of action. Rather than attack any who stand between him and his goal, the Rampaging Rhino can simply threaten them. He can also stop and allow like-minded allies to help him with his goal.

Willpower: 10

Personal Motes: 24
Peripheral Motes: 56 (36)
Committed: 20

Charms:

Dexterity;
   Second Dexterity Excellency

Strength;
   Claws of the Silver Moon

Stamina;
   Relentless Lunar Fury
   Durable Battle-Mind

Lunar Hero Style;
   Foot-Trapping Counter
   Thousand Claw Infliction
   Rabid Beast Attitude
   Lunar Hero Form

Knacks;
   Deadly Beastman Transformation (Mutations: Void Adaptation, Biological Jets, Thick Skin)
   Internal Form Mastery
   Towering Beast Form
   Mountainous Spirit Expression

Artifacts (Attunement): 
(2)  Moonsilver Hearthstone Bracers (4)
(3)  Moonsilver Superheavy Plate (set with Verdant Dodecahedron) (8)
(4)  Moonsilver Perfected Kata Bracers (8)
(3)  Verdant Dodecadron (This elemental core is identical to a Gem of Resilient Bamboo.) 

Attacks:
Punch: Speed 5, Accuracy 11, Damage 3B, Defense 6, Rate 3, N
Kick: Speed 5, Accuracy 10, Damage 6B, Defense 4, Rate 2, N
Clinch: Speed 6, Accuracy 10, Damage 3B, Defense 5, Rate 1, C,N,P

Defenses: 
Dodge DV: 8
Dodge MDV: 8

Soak (Natural)
Bashing: 19(4)
Lethal: 21(4)
Aggravated: 15
Hardness: 10B/10L

Health: 
OK   ( )
-1   ( )( )
-2   ( )( )
-4   ( )
I   ( )
D   ( )( )( )( )

(1)  +1 Conviction
(5)  +5 Willpower
(2)  +2 Martial Arts
(1)  +1 Savant
(1)  +1 Artifact
(2)  +4 Favored specialties

Appearance
(Originally a black and white picture, I shittilly colored it with Photoshop.)

The original.

Hronth Bestiary Entry
Hronth:
Hronth are large, thick-scaled creatures with clawed arms and feet. They possess a tail that allows them to balance themselves on unsteady meteorites and maneuver in meteor clouds, and a pair of flaps on each shoulder that hide grooves from which jets of fire come out, allowing Hronth to propel and maneuver themselves in the void. Their heads are beaked like a turtle's, their jaws lined with horny ridges instead of teeth. They feed on minerals, and are capable of eating a meteorite within an hour.

S/D/S    P/I/W/W     Health Lvls   Atk (S/A/D/R,Tags)     Dodge DV/S
12/8/9   3/1/2/4    -0x3/-1x4/     Bite: 6/14/18B/1,P      6/4L/9B
                             -2x4/-4x2/I    Claw: 5/13/12L/2
Abilities: Athletics 4, Awareness 2, Dodge 2, Integrity 1, Investigation 2, Martial Arts 4, Presence 2, Resistance 5, Survival 4

Backstory
Coming soon

Krule

I'd like to mention, with Zaer's withdraw, we have an empty night caste spot... that could be.. Deliberative Sanctioned Assassin, Infiltrator and Spy for the Void Hunt, a Hunter though the Far Reaches, a Scout for the Gunstar Defense Line, a Master Detective (see Sherlock Holmes - just need a few investigation and awareness charms) to name a few ideas.

avorae

Quote from: Krule on November 17, 2012, 10:54:33 AM
I'd like to mention, with Zaer's withdraw, we have an empty night caste spot... that could be.. Deliberative Sanctioned Assassin, Infiltrator and Spy for the Void Hunt, a Hunter though the Far Reaches, a Scout for the Gunstar Defense Line, a Master Detective (see Sherlock Holmes - just need a few investigation and awareness charms) to name a few ideas.

Actually after talking to Riveda we decided that i should fill that spot as my concept works better for it.

Rook Seidhr

RL has kept me busy, I will scan people's characters tomorrow and give preliminary feedback.

Rook Seidhr

I've chatted with Trystia and Anon315 regarding their characters and possible changes.

Dracorion, it is not possible for Lunars to learn Sidereal Martial Arts. Change your sifu's description. Also, interesting motivation…much fun could come from that.

Dracorion

Ah, I couldn't find a specific reference to that, but alright. I think I'll go with Terrible Ascent Driven Beast Style, then.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Dracorion on November 18, 2012, 03:44:28 AM
Ah, I couldn't find a specific reference to that, but alright. I think I'll go with Terrible Ascent Driven Beast Style, then.
Your sifu can know any number of Terrestrial styles without increasing his/her dot cost.

House rule: If your sifu is a Lunar (or for that matter an Alchemical), since they cannot learn or teach Sidereal styles, increase the number of Celestial styles they know by twice the number of Sidereal styles listed for that dot level.

AndyZ

Possibly a stupid question.

The Artifact background goes from 1-5 and gives 3 dots per.  As written as per my understanding, that means that we can get a total of 15 artifact points.  Would we be allowed to put more dots into it, effectively starting from scratch to get 18, 21 and so on like with the normal Artifact background, or are we stuck with a hard cap at 15?

Dracorion

Quote from: Riveda on November 18, 2012, 03:50:20 AM
Your sifu can know any number of Terrestrial styles without increasing his/her dot cost.

House rule: If your sifu is a Lunar (or for that matter an Alchemical), since they cannot learn or teach Sidereal styles, increase the number of Celestial styles they know by twice the number of Sidereal styles listed for that dot level.

Okay then, just one question: is the final charm of Eye of Heaven Style altered in this setting in any way? Offering to Heaven is supposed to provide an automatic successful prayer to the Unconquered Sun (though the description could be interpreted otherwise, I suppose).

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: AndyZ on November 18, 2012, 11:26:18 AM
The Artifact background goes from 1-5 and gives 3 dots per.  As written as per my understanding, that means that we can get a total of 15 artifact points.  Would we be allowed to put more dots into it, effectively starting from scratch to get 18, 21 and so on like with the normal Artifact background, or are we stuck with a hard cap at 15?
Hard cap at 15. Note that you can potentially take advantage of Backgrounds like Backing and Connections to borrow artifacts that aren't actually yours, but that's a matter of roleplaying.

Quote from: Dracorion on November 18, 2012, 12:51:03 PM
Okay then, just one question: is the final charm of Eye of Heaven Style altered in this setting in any way?
I'm not sure Eye of Heaven Style was ever even developed in the Gunstar setting. Are you really set on it? I'd have to figure out how Dragon King religion has changed since the Tyrant Sun's abandonment.

Dracorion

Nah, not too set on it. I think I'll go with Lunar Hero, Art of Relentless Persuasion, Fire Dragon and White Reaper Style for my sifu.

Zaer Darkwail

Dragon kings religion is very interesting question indeed, not to mention there should be quite few of them in Gunstar in general. As even with canon succesful primordial war they were almost wiped out of exchistence....so would had failed mission resulted only handful groups left in Gunstar who live in their own lifestyle ghettos or such? Or would had Sol Invictus as Holy Tyrant taken back his dragon kings flock and renewed their numbers and turned them as one antagonists used against Gunstar?

Also general curiosity question; Did Merela ever exchist in this setting and if she did, what happened to her?

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 18, 2012, 04:40:13 PM
so would had failed mission resulted only handful groups (of Dragon Kings) left in Gunstar who live in their own lifestyle ghettos or such?
Exactly.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 18, 2012, 04:40:13 PM
Also general curiosity question; Did Merela ever exchist in this setting and if she did, what happened to her?
Book doesn't say. I tend to think the Tyrant Sun killed her.

AndyZ

Name: Steel Orchid
Caste: Dawn
Anima: Golden circle of spinning blades
Motivation: Free the Unconquered Sun

Strength 2 Dexterity 5 Stamina 2
Charisma 2 Manipulation 2 Appearance 3
Perception 4 Intelligence 3 Wits 4

*Archery 1
Athletics 3
Awareness 5 (Initiative +3)
*Dodge 1
*Integrity 1
Lore 2
*Martial Arts 3
Medicine 1
*Melee 5 (Two-Handed Blades +3)
*Occult 2
Performance 1
*Presence 1
*Resistance 5
Sail 2
Socialize 1
*Thrown 1
*War 5

Class 4
Cult 3

Artifact 3
-Orichalcum Royal Warstrider (5)
-Attached Grand Daiklaive (3)
-Nova Battery (1)
   This level 1 orichalcum/lightning essence core powers artifacts as if it was level 3.

Warstrider AI 4

Backing 4: The Deliberative Army

Connections 1: The Scurrying Nation

Connections 1: The Upright Soldier Military Academy

Connections 1: The Void Hunt

Hungry Tiger Technique

Golden Destruction Cut

One Weapon, Two Blows

Peony Blossom Attack

Iron Whirlwind Attack

Invincible Fury of the Dawn

Durability of Oak Meditation

Ox-Body Technique

Soul Fire Resurgence

Surprise Anticipation Method

Invincible Essence Reinforcement

Fists of Iron Attack

Thunderclap Rush Attack

Awareness Triumphant

Panoptic Fusion Discipline

Compassion 2 Conviction 3 Temperance 2 Valor 5

Essence 4 Willpower 10

Limit Break: Heart of Flint

Personal Essence: 22

Peripheral Essence: 50  (Warstrider takes 24 motes to attune)

Exceptional Alchemical Glass Greatsword: Speed 6 - Accuracy +2 - Damage +7L - Defense -2 - Rate 1 - 2, P, R

Exceptional Reinforced Breastplate - +8L/+7B - Mobility -2 - Fatigue 0

Good Luck Charm, Walkaway

AndyZ

Quote from: Riveda on November 18, 2012, 05:56:13 PM
Book doesn't say. I tend to think the Tyrant Sun killed her.

QuoteNothing strikes more fear into the hearts of the
Gunstar Defense Line than the sight of the Daystar. Ever
since the Unconquered Sun knelt before the Shining
Tyrant to pledge his fealty to the King of the Primordi-
als, he has become the greatest enemy of the Exalted,
relentlessly hunting them through the void. The sight of
it is fearsome to behold—the Tyrant Sun and his Traitor
Queen, the wrathful flames of the Daystar behind them,
and ten thousand thousand lumina swarming behind
them in the shadow of the Gardullis.

I wonder if she's the Traitor Queen.

Rook Seidhr

Rook Seidhr

What's been posted:

• Muse: Kuroshita Mai, Serenity, char sheet posted, no bg
  • Malixe: Kuroshita Kage, Zenith, char sheet posted, no bg
  • avorae: working on a Night Caste
  • AndyZ: Steel Orchid, Dawn, char sheet posted, no bg
  • Meliai: Via Li, Twilight, char sheet & bg posted
  • Krule: Sapphire Wind, Eclipse, char sheet & bg posted
  • Anon315: Kelen Truth's-Shield, Zenith, char sheet posted, no bg
  • Dracorion: Bamulase Cathek, Full Moon, char sheet posted, no bg
  • Trystia: Beneficent Emerald Silhouette, No Moon, char sheet & partial bg posted
  • Terian: wants a fighty character
I've made rewrite suggestions to some of the posted sheets. Others, I haven't studied in detail. I'd love to see more backgrounds.

I note that we have two Zeniths, which is not the end of the world. They seem like pretty different characters.

Terian, if you have an idea for a Dawn or Full Moon sufficiently different from AndyZ's (Deliberative Army warstrider jockey) or Dracorion's (Lunar void-warrior who secretly aspires to be a savant) that it won't step on their toes, let me know.

Zaer Darkwail

I agree that notion of Tyrant Queen could mean Merela (as a infernal I guess, or as a solar for added twist).

Krule

The implications are that most of the celestial exaltation are part of the Gunstar crew.. of course, that doesn't mean Merala wasn't the prototype for this universe's infernals.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, but can primordials taint solar essence to turn into infernal one? I would imagine it is possible and in sense this universe would not have akuma (maybe) and instead any traitorous solars who swap sides become infernals (or double agents for case of sidereals or lunars).

Rook Seidhr

The Infernals in this setting are new Exaltations made by the Tyrant Sun and tainted by the Yozis. It's not clear how many of them there are, or whether the Sun can make yet more of them. (Shards p. 27)

Lunars and Sidereals who did not escape the Spiral aboard Autochthon were tortured until they surrendered and became akuma, as are their successors. The descendants of those Dragon-Blooded who did not escape are also given the choice of dying or becoming akuma as soon as they Exalt. There is no mention of Solar akuma. (Shards p. 28)

Muse

I'm missing somehting about Gunstar, Riveda.  When was the Great Curse laid in this setting?

Rook Seidhr

As the Exalted were fleeing aboard Autochthon, directly on them, not on the Incarnae.

(The same question occurred to me, but the Gunstar character generation rules don't say to skip Virtue Flaws.)

Krule

Remember, the great curse was actually laid by the Neverborn, those primordials slain by the Exalted Host, which created the Underworld, which has happened in the Gunstar setting.
Edit: But, Alchemical Synergy should reduce the effects of the curse.. see pg 42 of the Alchemical Book.

On a different note, so many of you are going with the Free the Unconquered Sun (which is something of a misnomer in this setting, sense he surrendered, and thus, in a sense is the Conquered Sun ;) ), I should shift one of my free intimacies to that.

Meanwhile, Trystia.. do either of these work as picture of Beneficent Emerald Silhouette?  Or do you have something in mind for her already?

Second, Muse, you noted Kuroshita Mai as having brown eyes, but all Serenity caste's have blue eyes, it's part of the nature of their exaltation.
Also, Sapphire Wind has an reserved intimacy to a Sidereal Adviser, do you mind if I assign that to her?

Muse

Oh, did they change that? I thought it was just blue flecks in her eyes, so that when you looked into them you thought you were seeing a cerulean star field in a chocolate night sky? 

Krule

Checking my book..

Joybringers' eyes have blue irises; tiny star-points of blue spangle their pupils.  When they spend Peripheral Essence, the Sign of Serenity shines on the Chosen's forget in bright blue light.

Trystia

Quote from: Krule on November 19, 2012, 11:22:53 AM
Meanwhile, Trystia.. do either of these work as picture of Beneficent Emerald Silhouette?  Or do you have something in mind for her already?

Those are nice pictures, but I was planning to draw something myself. Also, she tends to cover up quite a bit more than that when dressed. (Think female Neo from The Matrix, without the shades.)

Terian

Well, I was thinking on a front line commando type Full Moon, but I don't know if that would be stepping on toes or not.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Terian on November 19, 2012, 08:13:20 PM
Well, I was thinking on a front line commando type Full Moon, but I don't know if that would be stepping on toes or not.
That is pretty close to Dracorion's char, if you mean a shapeshifting space marine type.

Dracorion

Maybe a little. My guy's job is to wrestle space monsters. He can also deal with Hellstars by trying to pry them open to get at the delicious Infernal center.

Terian

Quote from: Riveda on November 19, 2012, 08:17:31 PM
That is pretty close to Dracorion's char, if you mean a shapeshifting space marine type.

Less shapeshifting, but I get the point :(  Price I pay for being slow to the draw I guess

Dracorion

Well, what would you do in space combat without shapeshifting?

Terian

True enough

I do have a Chosen of Battles that might fit this game, you can do some pretty silly things with a Voidfighter there.

Rook Seidhr

As the book says, Sidereals are a little squishy in voidfighter combat. Possible but not recommended.

Terian

AndyZ

Steel Orchid was fortunate enough during her childhood to see one of the few rare public artist performances of a Celestial Exalt, hinting at the beauty and majesty of the Spire.  Her childlike wonder had little difficulty in conjuring all sorts of images and glorious places.  She wanted to see it all.

Everyone has to grow up someday.  Not everyone completely loses their dreams.

Her Exaltation came relatively young, during her teenage years, when a Terrestrial was putting sexual pressure on some of her friends.  This was back when she had time for friends.  She figured that after she clubbed him on the back of the head with a pipe, she was going to have to run, but he nearly died.  She still can't stand bullying, although she understands the irony of raiding other planets for their resources.

She tends to think of herself as a weapon, a shield between the encroaching death and the many people who depend on her.  Her talents have pointed her naturally towards the Deliberative Army, where her tactical ability and close quarters prowess have ensured that she ascended rapidly through the ranks.

Her primary skills, however, are dedicated towards her warstrider Golden Fury.  The right hand of the Royal Warstrider is constantly wrapped around an orichalcum grand daiklaive, with pistons adjusting the handle so that she can adjust her grip at a moment's notice.

Even outside the warstrider, however, she has herself trained and focused for duty.  Her default assortment is a greatsword of alchemically-treated glass and a reinforced breastplate complete with gauntlets and boots, though she's been known to take other items as well as the situation requires.

Her eagerness to help has gained her a number of allies.  Both the Upright Soldier Military Academy and the Void Hunt have requested and gained her expertise in a large number of minor disputes, but such tales pale in comparison to the third Connection. 

A few years ago, she ended up lost in the Reaches, heavily wounded and alone.  One of the rats came up to her and started nibbling at her, and she grabbed it with the reflexive intent to squash it.  Something in its eyes, though, reminded her of just that look from her old friend from so long ago, being bullied by that Terrestrial.  She let it go, removing her gauntlet to squeeze out some blood into a puddle for the animal.  With a squeak of joy, it lapped at the blood, thanked her for saving his life and showed her the way back to civilization.

After that, she'd head out to the edge and bring out some food for the rats, meeting a few who knew their way around Autocthtonia very well.  Another alliance formed easily enough, and whenever she needs help within the Reaches, she knows how to call for help.

Her private life is dramatically less impressive, at least when compared to other Exalts.  She has few additions to her personal staff besides the usual cooking and cleaning: a masseuse, an elder who's exceptionally proficient at Gateway (though she's passing the point where he can even challenge her anymore) and a former trainer who keeps her appraised of the state of each soldier under her command.

When everything is done, when the Spiral is theirs and every threat is destroyed, perhaps she can attempt to have a true life for herself.

Meliai

Oh, I like Orchid a lot! There's some interesting parallels between her and Via, I look forward to them meeting IC :D

On that note I made the suggested changes to Via's sheet, but I had a question. I know artifact weapons have names, but I was looking through the Scroll of Exalts and one of the write ups seems to indicate that naming your weapon is part of the attunement process.

QuoteJiunan Nightwarden is only minimally attuned
to his Artifact soulsteel grimcleaver, which allows him to
wield it but without the magical material bonus. Unwilling
to accept it as wholly his own, he has not given it a name.
(Before Nightwarden took it, the weapon was known as
Champion’s Dirge.)

I can't find any information on this in the main book, but I might just be overlooking it. Anyway is that a thing? Are you suppose to name other artifacts, or just weapons?
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

AndyZ

She does look like fun.

As far as naming, I think you can name all artifacts and not just weapons if you want to.  A lot of people name their weapons even RL, but I'd say only to worry about it if you want that sort of thing.

Steel Orchid named her entire warstrider Golden Fury, although its weapon is part of the device.

Rook Seidhr

Well, given that Steel Orchid has an intelligent warstrider, she pretty much had to name it in order to have a name by which to address it other than "Yo, warstrider!"

It is indeed traditional to name one's (artifact) weapons; to do otherwise is to dishonor the least god of an object on which you will be relying in life-threatening situations. Some particularly reverent Exalts have an extra place set at dinner for the gods of their panoply. (Yes, that is mentioned in canon, though I don't remember where.)

If you feel strongly enough about a non-weapon artifact, you might name that too. Up to you.

Muse

Happy thanksgiving.  Malixie and I will formalize our backgrounds tomorow.  ^ _^;; 

Re Z L

Quote from: Meliai on November 22, 2012, 02:12:53 AM
I can't find any information on this in the main book, but I might just be overlooking it. Anyway is that a thing? Are you suppose to name other artifacts, or just weapons?

Quote from: Exalted page 382, Items of the Wrong Material boxIf an Exalt of the wrong type is unwilling to commit such a large amount of Essence, he may still minimally attune to the item for the standard mote cost. In this case, the Exalt gains the attunement but none of the benefi ts of the material’s construction.

Basically, pay double the commitment cost and make a roll to get full attunement benefit of inappropriate material or pay the normal commitment cost and receive no material bonus.

Naming the weapon has nothing to do with it.
A&A

AndyZ

Trystia

Quote from: Riveda on November 22, 2012, 06:20:15 AM
If you feel strongly enough about a non-weapon artifact, you might name that too. Up to you.

And of course, if you own a ship, that should definitely get named too! Like Emerald's ship, The Gnosis!

Krule

I've been doing a lot of thinking about the setting, and eager to get started myself, but, I find that I Some thoughts and questions for the ST and others.

-------
Ku was the Divine Minister of the Reaches and Far Reaches, Seals and Thaumaturgy, God of Mystery, Fear and Death.  Chief Regulator of the Element of Smoke.  The living embodiment of Autochthon's fears, doubts and awarenesss of his own failures.  He was  also the one most active in apposing the void, The exalted host eliminated him as part of the project to shape Autochthon into the Gunstar.  Meaning that Autochthon likely has little of fear and doubt left.

I imagine that the Five Maidens and the exalted host cover a good bit of his lack of his presence, after all the Lunar's are grouped into the Void hunt, but even so, I wonder who is the Chief Regulator of Smoke, if anyone?  Perhaps there is a literal god of smoke who was given it.. or perhaps the Maiden of Endings now rules over the domain now?  Who is the god of Thaumaturgy now?  The Maiden of Secrets? 

Which brings to mind another question..  just how many different kinds of elementals can be summoned?  The Five Dragons still exist, even if they are now with Gaia, wherever she might be, is summoning elementals of 5 elements of creation, as well as the 6 elements of Autochthon still possible?  What about Demon Summoning, technically, the formerly 8, now 7 Divine Ministers are 3rd Circle Demons, can they be summoned that way?  Of course, no demon can be controlled in this setting, but you can certainly summon and force them to submit to you with other charms and magical abilities.. I can actually picture a summoning with several solars, one to do the summoning, one to use charms to command the demon and one to put it down if it goes out of control... is this the sort of thing that is actually practiced?  Not to mention, if it's possible, do Solar Circle sorcerers summon the Divine Ministers for consultation? 

Regarding the Gods.. do the maiden's have a sanctum somehow bound to the Centropolis of Hadal, or do they literally live in the city itself?  What about other gods?

It's implied that the Gates of Auspicious Passage allow instant travel between the major cities of the Realm, they sound a bit like the Yu Shan Gateways, how many of them are there.. just enough for instant travel between the 9 cities, or are there more?

The Adamant Caste appear to be publicly know of now, are there any cities of Adamant, perhaps say in the Pole of Crystal, like perhaps a city devoted to meditation location for those who seek to study essence related martial arts and other esoteric studies?

Rook Seidhr

Those are fascinating questions, Krule, and I'm sure your in-character research efforts will be amply repaid. Sapphire Wind doesn't have the Occult and Lore to know the answers off the bat.

In fact—(checks character sheet)—Sapphire Wind doesn't appear to have the minimum Lore and Occult for a Solar Exalt according to the character generation rules posted on the wiki. Please recheck.

EDIT TO APPEND: I haven't gone through and audited anyone's dots so far. Should I do that before we get any farther, to make sure everyone's gotten character creation right?

Krule

shoot.. I completely missed the basic training stuff.. well, damn it that I missed it.. but also, hurrah more ability dots... ok, will be editing it in.. which is cool, I'll move the extra dot from sail and end up with 3 dots in Occult and Lore.

EDIT: Well, oops again, reading it over I can't do that.. but I can shift dots from other areas, and starting with Sail 2 isn't a bad idea anyway with someone who's done voidfighter piloting, in fact, 3 isn't a bad idea, especially sense I have the points to fit to it, shifting things around.

Meliai

Aaaaaaaaah I see now, I remember thing stuff about cross-material commitment penalties but that Scroll of Exalts entry is worded so oddly that it threw me for a loop.

Anywho I named Via's Chakram (took me a while to come up with a name poetic enough for Exalted's general shtick but not so poetic that it would just be completely ridiculous when applied to what is essentially a ChainsawFrisbeeBoomerang) and her Speeder. Don't know if shaft speeders really classify as ships but Via's kind of sentimental so I figure she'd name it anyway.

Quote from: Riveda on November 24, 2012, 07:22:46 PM
EDIT TO APPEND: I haven't gone through and audited anyone's dots so far. Should I do that before we get any farther, to make sure everyone's gotten character creation right?

I've double checked my math several times but I always manage to mess something up even when I'm not super new to a system so Via could definitely use a check.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Krule on November 24, 2012, 07:50:01 PM
starting with Sail 2 isn't a bad idea anyway with someone who's done voidfighter piloting, in fact, 3 isn't a bad idea, especially sense I have the points to fit to it, shifting things around.
Especially since Sail 2 is the minimum to operate a voidfighter without penalties.

Quote from: Meliai on November 25, 2012, 02:04:28 AM
I've double checked my math several times but I always manage to mess something up even when I'm not super new to a system so Via could definitely use a check.
OK, auditing everyone's sheets, then, sooner not later. I might not finish today; I have a cold and my concentration is not top-notch.

Rook Seidhr

Attention, Lunar players:

Something I think I forgot to put in the character generation instructions, that will be of interest to those of you who don't have or haven't read Shards

Lunars in Gunstar do not, by default, have moonsilver tattoos. They don't need them. Castes are fixed at Exaltation.

It's possible for Lunars (only) to buy the tattoos as a 2-dot artifact. If they do, the tattoos have the usual effects (prevent outside Shaping and other shapeshifting that would affect the body; become obvious when anima flares).

AndyZ

Anything else we need before we can get this puppy dancing?  ^_^

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: AndyZ on November 26, 2012, 06:30:44 PM
Anything else we need before we can get this puppy dancing?  ^_^
What's been posted:

• Muse: Kuroshita Mai, Serenity, char sheet posted, no bg
  • Malixe: Kuroshita Kage, Zenith, char sheet posted, no bg
  • avorae: working on a Night Caste
  • AndyZ: Steel Orchid, Dawn, char sheet & bg posted
  • Meliai: Via Li, Twilight, char sheet & bg posted
  • Krule: Sapphire Wind, Eclipse, char sheet & bg posted
  • Anon315: Kelen Truth's-Shield, Zenith, char sheet posted, no bg
  • Dracorion: Bamulase Cathek, Full Moon, char sheet posted, no bg
  • Trystia: Beneficent Emerald Silhouette, No Moon, char sheet & partial bg posted
I need avorae's character pronto. I need backgrounds from those who haven't posted them. I need to audit posted sheets and make sure they're in line with the rules.

I want to get this underway too, but the anatidae are still non-collinear ^_^

Rook Seidhr

Dealing with severe personal issues.

See my A&A.

Keelan

Um... is there room for one more?  Someone turned me here because I mentioned how much fun it'd be to play a Space Marine in Exalted ^_^

Given the abundance of Solars, I was thinking either Sidereal or even Dragonblood, something that has me in some sort of advanced magitech armor regularly (any chance I can convince you to let me have Crane Style Martial Art in an armor-OK version?)  Still working things out, but just wanted to make sure that this was still open first...

AndyZ

Sadly, Riveda had to cancel this due to some personal issues.

Krule

Hmm..if Riveda can't do it, is  anyone considering the possibility of picking this up as ST?  I'd almost be willing, but would prefer to play over being ST... that assumes that Riveda doesn't plan to pick this up later down the road.

Zaer Darkwail

I would also wish soemone picks this up as ST. Perhaps then get my char in if they do not have probs with it :P.

Krule

Alright... I've considered it, and I'm willing to do this, but I really should make it my own style.. there are some things that I want to do slightly differently, and a few of them with regards to character generation.

I'm uncertain if I should start a new thread.. and perhaps a link to it from here, or not.. interest and preference?

AndyZ

Definite interest.  I don't think Riveda would mind your using this thread, but if we have to make brand new characters, starting a new thread would probably be best.

Keelan

Quote from: Krule on December 03, 2012, 10:35:00 AM
Alright... I've considered it, and I'm willing to do this, but I really should make it my own style.. there are some things that I want to do slightly differently, and a few of them with regards to character generation.

I'm uncertain if I should start a new thread.. and perhaps a link to it from here, or not.. interest and preference?
I would recommend a new thread, just to keep things clean and clear for everything. That's my two cents :3

Krule