Mass Effect 3 Release!!!

Started by SilentGemini, March 06, 2012, 05:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilentGemini

Today's the day. I've got it in my hand. The only unfortunate thing is I'm playing through one and two to get my affairs in order before I pop three in. But I figure there have got to be other E members as excited as I am for the release date today. So I'm posting this thread so we can all jump for joy and sing the praises of ME3 together.

Also I'd like to hear about your version of Commander Shepard. After all, he/she is the players persona in the Mass Effect Universe. I can only imagine the different combinations and imagination each E member put into their version, and I'd like to see it posted.

My version goes by the name Terran Shepard. A big advocate for Humanity in the political maelstrom of Citadel politics, he was born to an Earth slum and raised up to be one of the greatest heroes after his actions during the Skyllian Blitz. The first human Spectre, he proved himself time and time again throughout his missions, proving that humans have the guts and the skills to stand as equals along side the other races. Working with aliens hasn't changed who he is though. Terran was a human before he became a spectre, and he works hard to make sure humans get a fair shake and are recognized for their character as well as their deeds, helping anyone whose mission it is to build a better future for Earth's children. This attitude has forced him to walk a fine line; his moral compass constantly wavering between standing as a force for all galactic civilization, and the baddest human ever to grace the stars and give the council the finger.

Callie Del Noire

Kyrie-Anne Shepard. Very red haired, like Fem-Shepard. Has walked the Renegade/Paragon road a while. Upheld the need for unity in the coming threat. Won't say too much since you're still playing. Your actions from the 1st game do get mentioned and have effects all the way through. A companion's death (or even his murder) leaves things very different later on.

SilentGemini

I've already beaten the first two. I'm pretty sure I know what your hinting at so I won't speak it aloud in case anyone else reading has yet to play.

Incidentally, I meant for this playthrough to be done on Insanity setting, and got halfway through the game before I realized it was just on Hardcore. I had to take a walk before I broke something. I think it might have switched back accidentally or something when I adjusted some of the graphics options.

Laughing Hyena

Well since my 360 broke down for good, I have been now been playing it on the PS3 which I am still kind of miffed about since Mass Effect 1 never came out for it. But I did play the first and remembered what I had done mostly on it.

My Shepard was called Lawrence Shepard and walked the path of the Paragon through and through showing mercy when he felt it was applied and well placed vengeance when it was a last resort. He never let fear compromise his integrity.

Chris Brady

If I had the money, I'd be playing with Man-Shep.  But I don't.

And I probably won't have the money for the next six months either.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Funguy81

Commander John Shephard. The first human spectre after the betrayel of Saren, a Turian spectre. An honorable man who primary goal throughout his first mission is to stop saren, and as revenge for the actions he caused in eden prime. Its in this mission he first encountered the reapers, and learned the true history of the galaxy. Though his mission cost the life of a dear friend. He has become the hero of the Citidel when he led a ground team to fight their way to the Citidal main controls to prevent Saren and the reaper ship from calling forth the others, and called in the Human fleet to face the reaper ship and saren's geth army to protect the council fleet despite the risk. his actions given a place in the council for the human race.

Two years after his death from a surprise attack in space, a revived John shephard found himself enhanced thanks to Cerberus technology. After being informed of the attacks to human colonies, he gathered a new team with the backing of the Illusive Man. Though he's always kept distance between himself and his Mysterious benefactor. (which i have to say was one of martin sheen's best roles.)
Once he gathered his crew and upgraded the ship he made the suicidal jump into the omega relay. There he fought the last battle against the Reaper commander and their newest creation. The mission came out to be a success though at the cost of the life of one of his crew members. It was here that he severed ties from Cerberus when he was informed of the illusive's man true intention.

Inkidu

I'm playing through as my first character ever. He's been through both games. Romanced Liara in the first, then she got all distant so he fixed Jack, and still luffers his favorite psychotic biotic. Started out as an infiltrator, but moved to the stellar (and it's even more bad-ass in 3) sentinel class. Not much to say in the way of choices he's a paragon through and through.

One thing I've noticed about 3 is there's kind of a lack of the middle options. I don't know if they're forcing you to take a side for the finale, or they're sacrificing it to get more dialogue options overall, but I think it might be the former.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

CmdrRenegade

Commander Matthew Shepard's saga (the inspiration for the name, CmdrRenegade) will be begin it's 3rd and final iteration soon.  I refuse to have anything but a 360 Collector's Edition and am fighting to get one.
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

SilentGemini

Lot of Paragon's round here!

They evaluated my choices as the Paragon path in the beginning assessment during Mass Effect 2, but a lot of people got dead along the way. Terran romanced the human ladies (First Ashley, then Miranda).

I did NOT destroy the base and did hand it over to the Illusive Man. Paragon ending in 1, Renegade ending in 2. God only knows how it will turn out.

Callie Del Noire

I couldn't do it.. TIM (the illusive man) struck me as someone with more than 'we're defending mankind without bureaucrats slowing us down'.

SinXAzgard21

Where I live and within 50 miles there are no more copies of the game... All sold out.... Glad I pre-ordered.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

SilentGemini

I didn't trust him either, but I couldn't let it go to waste. I figured that even if he did betray me, I could always shoot the bastard and reclaim it.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: SilentGemini on March 08, 2012, 06:01:13 AM
I didn't trust him either, but I couldn't let it go to waste. I figured that even if he did betray me, I could always shoot the bastard and reclaim it.

Nah, I saw too many cases of it coming back to bite us in the ass. The Reapers are too far ahead of us to trust that they couldn't recover the tech. Better safe than sorry.

One thing I noticed last night is your actions show up in little ways. Like the Memorial wall on the Normandy. I've put too many names on the wall this time around. Though Thane's death was...bittersweet, others were a bit more painful.

Callie Del Noire

What's everyones favorite weapons in single play..for me.. it's the Scorpion.. can you say.. Cerebus Chunky Salsa? Sure you can.

Major Major

So far, I've completed a single ME 1 playthrough. Commander Martin Shephard, a Soldier who crosstrained as a commando. Spacer, held off the Batarians in the Skyllian Blitz, fought through the game to protect Galactic Stability, while romancing Liara. He saved the Rachni Queen on Noveria and the Zhu's Hope colony on Feros; the death of Lt. Kaiden Alenko on Virmire weighs heavily on his conscience.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 09, 2012, 01:15:26 AM
What's everyones favorite weapons in single play..for me.. it's the Scorpion.. can you say.. Cerebus Chunky Salsa? Sure you can.

I like pistols and smgs.... don't know the names off hand.... Though I'm liking the Valkyrie rifle.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on March 09, 2012, 02:23:22 PM
I like pistols and smgs.... don't know the names off hand.... Though I'm liking the Valkyrie rifle.

Believe it or not..the Carniflex heavy pistol is more flexible.. (it chews through everything better than the scropion) but I think my new favorite toy is the Geth Plasma shotgun.. fully charged it can ALMOST kill a marauder under shields in one shot.. 2 dots left.

Problem is.. I'm always running out of ammo.. (ending segment of the campaign..it's a slog)

Inkidu

One game I'm looking forward to completing is one of my FemShep games. She's renegade through and through until it comes to making the big decisions (the rachni queen for example). Basically a soft spot and heart of gold but don't expect her to do it nicely.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

Finished my first playthrough. Did damn near everything I could to get the max military strength (came in just under 5k effective strength..THREE POINTS under).

Shan't say a thing about the ending.

SilentGemini

I stick with assault rifles for the most part. I'm replaying ME2 right now and I think I prefer the Avenger to the Vindicator for the constant stream of fire.

Who is everyone's favorite side character other than Shepard.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: SilentGemini on March 09, 2012, 05:49:03 PM
I stick with assault rifles for the most part. I'm replaying ME2 right now and I think I prefer the Avenger to the Vindicator for the constant stream of fire.

Who is everyone's favorite side character other than Shepard.

I'm split. The Prothean is nice in a fight.. but all in all it's Liara, with Legion or Tali for tech side stuff. Though Ashely is fun with the incendiary grenades.

ausyandy

My John Shepard is a Soldier, taking the paragon route until further into the game when he'll start turning a bit renegade while losing patience with certain people, while romancing Kaidan.

My favourite weapons are the shotguns. Lots of fun blasting Cerberus guys with those. And my favourite squad has to be Kaidan, and either James or Garrus.

Callie Del Noire

don't forget to update your weapons.. I didn't the first time around.. I just slapped mods on them. :D

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 09, 2012, 07:09:35 PM
don't forget to update your weapons.. I didn't the first time around.. I just slapped mods on them. :D

the weight idea for this game made it cool, gave you the ability to play an infiltrator that uses smg and pistol.... Also melee more often as well.

TentacleFan

Have had my copy of 3 since launch day but haven't dug into it yet. I was in the midst of a playthrough of 2 that I'm nearing completion of. I wanted to go back and replay it first because when I did my first time through with a male Shepard I didn't have the PS3-comic book download to let me make choices for the first game. (I didn't play 1 because it didn't come out for PS3 which is my only console and I don't really have a PC up to gaming) My current Shepard, who is the one I'll be taking into 3 when I wrap it up is a fem-Shep. Black shoulder length hair with dark eyeliner. She romanced Liara in the 1st one (via the interactive comic backstory) and again in 2 during the Shadow Broker DLC. She's definitely a paragon but with a renegade edge when the situation calls for it. I haven't decided if I want to pass the Reaper-tech on to the Illusive man at the end this time. I know it's likely to have some important consequences in 3. I might make 2 saves and try both out eventually.

As for favorite other characters I like most of the cast in 2 really. Kasumi the thief from the DLC is pretty cool. I also like Miranda, Tali, Legion, and Garrus a lot. I didn't lose anyone in my first time through 2, I don't plan on it this time either.
I'm going to take my time. I have all the time in the world. To make you mine. It is written in the stars above.

Something's wrong when you regret, things that haven't happened yet. - The Submarines - 1940

See my O's/O's / Open Roleplays Requests / List of Current RPs / A&A's / Image Thread
Puerto de Oro: World of Interracial Fantasy
A&A's Updated : 02/10/2014