Mayday! Mayday! Mayday! [NC-H], freeform (think Lost, but open-ended)

Started by OldSchoolGamer, June 01, 2008, 02:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephili

Oh wow... I love the sound of this, not sure how I missed it until now  :-\. If there is still room, I'd love to join, possibly as a prisoner, although one of the other, medium security bound ones.

OldSchoolGamer

RedEve and Nephili, go ahead and submit characters.  We can start a native thread alongside the one currently running on Earth.  I might be a little slow here at first, so bear with me, but I will get it up and running if you make characters.

Atlus

I realize you've got a lot of players already, but I'd like to toss my hat in. If there is a specific kind of character you need I could take that. If not I'm considering playing a mob boss convicted for murder and conspiracy.
How profound such profanity can be.

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=16848.0" target="_blank">Ons and Offs</a>

RedEve

Quote from: TyTheDnDGuy on June 20, 2008, 11:40:50 PM
RedEve and Nephili, go ahead and submit characters.  We can start a native thread alongside the one currently running on Earth.  I might be a little slow here at first, so bear with me, but I will get it up and running if you make characters.

Okay, anything we should now about the native people?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

OldSchoolGamer

The natives are Bronze Age, roughly similar to West Africans on Earth.  There is going to be an element of magic in this game (wasn't planning on it, but that seems to be popular demand, so I'll work it in) but not a wizard's tower on every street-corner.  Magic is relatively uncommon, and feared in many quarters.  The native society is nominally matriarchal (we're not talking militant Amazons here, but overall most leaders just tend to be female).  The culture is agrarian, and largely peaceful, existing on about thirty square miles of land between the foothills and mountains, and the ocean.

The ocean is relatively unexplored.  The mountains...well, those are viewed with fear, and legends of hungry, large beasts and strange, savage races beyond dominate the tribe's folklore.

A few years ago, a new, strange tribe appeared, flying a banner unseen before:

They carried weapons of a sort the tribe had never seen before, loud weapons that could put a piece of metal in a target from afar.  Opinion was divided on whether or not they were amongst the dreaded inland tribes beyond the mountains.  No one knew for sure.  They didn't seem bent on conquest...but they did see the tribe's women as up for grabs.

RedEve

So the new tribe is another plane that got lost there, right?

So when could we hope to introduce our characters?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

OldSchoolGamer

Sorry, I seem to have missed that last post.  I've had some RL issues, but yes, I do intend to start a thread for the natives soon.

Canuckian

So the game is still on?  It's been so long since someone posted...

OldSchoolGamer

Yes the game is still on, and Samhain, you're welcome to join.

In the next couple days, I'm going to just move the storyline ahead to the plane itself...that might goose the game into motion again.

Canuckian