Favorite cartoon/video game villian?

Started by Mr. Vyce, December 02, 2010, 09:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Niven's work, later built upon by others, should you be interested.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kzin
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Vergil1989

I've seen your best and while I know a lot of them, I have to throw my own two cents in here.  Ganon, Sephiroth, Bowser, Demona, David Xanatos, all these and more I agree with wholeheartedly.  However, I've yet to see a lot of more book related villains and being a fan of the Forgetten Realms, it wouldn't be right if I didn't mention two that come to my mind easily.  Errtu the balor demon from the Abyssal Plane and Artemis Entreri, an assassin of the most lethal caliber that is nearly an undefeated swordsman that supposedly gave up his human soul to be the best in his area of expertise as well as being quite cold hearted.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Vergil1989 on August 12, 2011, 10:21:56 PM
I've seen your best and while I know a lot of them, I have to throw my own two cents in here.  Ganon, Sephiroth, Bowser, Demona, David Xanatos, all these and more I agree with wholeheartedly.  However, I've yet to see a lot of more book related villains and being a fan of the Forgetten Realms, it wouldn't be right if I didn't mention two that come to my mind easily.  Errtu the balor demon from the Abyssal Plane and Artemis Entreri, an assassin of the most lethal caliber that is nearly an undefeated swordsman that supposedly gave up his human soul to be the best in his area of expertise as well as being quite cold hearted.

^Evil!  You've gotten me thinking of the villains in books that I liked throughout the years!

Unfortunately, my favorite book villain, comes from a series I read when I was young, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of, and I've tried believe you me.  Suffice it to say, this villain had chained and one of the main characters to a pack of "pet" dogs, and was kept that way for years; now that has some bad guy style!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

MetalPup

My favorite is from Final Fantasy 6, named Kefka. Hes an evil little bastard, and the first one to actually get more evil, disturbed, and homicidal as the game goes along. Pretty much he's the reason why people should be afraid of clowns.

Vergil1989

Jester from Dragon Quest 8 I believe was also like that to a degree.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

NotoriusBEN

He's been mentioned three times before.

Kefka, now and forever is the greatest villian of all time.
He was a lowly lab experiment that managed to usurp the previous overlord, destroy the world, and became akin to a god all in the course of play. I havent seen any other evil person manage that much of a status increase in as short of time.

Plus hes a fucking clown! Joker knows what's up...

Oniya

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 12, 2011, 10:34:26 PM
^Evil!  You've gotten me thinking of the villains in books that I liked throughout the years!

Unfortunately, my favorite book villain, comes from a series I read when I was young, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of, and I've tried believe you me.  Suffice it to say, this villain had chained and one of the main characters to a pack of "pet" dogs, and was kept that way for years; now that has some bad guy style!

Series was Crown of Stars - bad guy was *runs to bookshelf* Bloodheart, the Eika warlord.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

CmdrRenegade

Quote from: Violence on August 11, 2011, 11:34:29 PM
Oh Ashram!  I can't believe I forgot about him...

or Raoh from Fist of the Norht Star... it's like I've forgotten my roots! *laughs*

Raoh is a great villain pre-Fist of the North Star 2.  I didn't like the fact that they suddenly tried to reinvent him as a an anti-hero when he had spent so much time being so villainous, albeit honorably so. 
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Oniya on August 13, 2011, 12:41:50 PM
Series was Crown of Stars - bad guy was *runs to bookshelf* Bloodheart, the Eika warlord.

You can't imagine how very very grateful I am!  Jeez, I've spent years trying to remember the damn title of this series!  I ate them up when I was younger, but I never finished the whole series.  But yes yes, he is my favorite 'book villain!'
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Oniya

I've only got five of them myself.  At the time that I got them, it was all that was out.  I know what's next on my re-reading and Christmas lists!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Oniya on August 13, 2011, 03:46:37 PM
I've only got five of them myself.  At the time that I got them, it was all that was out.  I know what's next on my re-reading and Christmas lists!

We should so have a thread, just to discuss this series!  I've gone years wanting to talk about it lol.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Oniya

I'll drop you a line when I actually start :-)

coolhands

One of my favorite cartoon villains was the big cheese, bad bird, and the ninja crows from samurai pizza cats.  Defiantly one of the best cartoons from the 80s.

Sel Nar

Cartoon: Megatron.
Comics: Joker.
Videogame: The Dark Ones from Metro 2033

Wolfy

AtlasEros

O/O

Cold Heritage

I remember reading the thing about Gargoyles' having relatively high profile actors doing voices was that at the time it was something that a lot of people in the business didn't take seriously.

Anyway  . . .

Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria "meteor swarm" My name is Lezard Valeth

I also like Luca Blight. It takes a lot to take him down. He's a beast.

I also like Raoh from Fist of the North Star. I'm okay with how, like, the 80s movie American version had him have this epiphany and decided to spare Ken. I liked that.

The Idea of Evil from Berserk is pretty neat. It's a neat take on the whole, "if God did not exist, man would invent him" thing.

Millenium from Hellsing is pretty cool too. I also like the Iscariots.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

AmericanAngel

Let me see
Dr.Eggman(Sonic the hedgehog), Sephiroth(final fantasy), MegaMind(MegaMind movie), Gru and Vector(Despicable Me)
Hades(Hercules disney movie)
argh so many sexy villans but cant remember most of them ;__;
Just about 99% of the population masturbates while the other 1% lie about it.

Jag

Anyone remember this guy?

Talpa, Emperor of the Evil Dynasty

And we need more female villains!

Evil-Lyn

Harley Quinn

Karai, adoptive daughter of The Shredder
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Inkidu

I really liked Clayface from the Batman Animated Series in the early to mid 90s. He was cool and scary.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Hexxus, from Ferngully. He scared the shit out of me as a kid, and as an adult, I find him extremely creepy, but visually, he's badassert incarnate.

Well, except for his smoke form... the big chin and stupid grin and Jim Curry's voice are fine, but add them together with big body builder chest, and he seems a little too gay to be threatening, even when he's 'slitting his throat' with his finger about to saw your home in half.

HEXXUS- "Killing the Dragon" (Episode 9)

Hexxus motherfucker! Spirit of destruction, enemy of the forest, feeding on and raining down all that is poisonous and deadly.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on September 12, 2011, 08:45:31 AM
Hexxus, from Ferngully. He scared the shit out of me as a kid, and as an adult, I find him extremely creepy, but visually, he's badassert incarnate.

Well, except for his smoke form... the big chin and stupid grin and Jim Curry's voice are fine, but add them together with big body builder chest, and he seems a little too gay to be threatening, even when he's 'slitting his throat' with his finger about to saw your home in half.

HEXXUS- "Killing the Dragon" (Episode 9)

Hexxus motherfucker! Spirit of destruction, enemy of the forest, feeding on and raining down all that is poisonous and deadly.
Tim Curry? I'm pretty sure you got Jim Carrey, and Tim Curry mixed up. XD
Still, that dude was freaking scary.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Quote from: Inkidu on September 15, 2011, 11:13:48 AM
Tim Curry? I'm pretty sure you got Jim Carrey, and Tim Curry mixed up. XD
Still, that dude was freaking scary.

Quote from: WikipediaFernGully: The Last Rainforest is a 1992 Australian-American animated film directed by Bill Kroyer, produced by Peter Faiman and Wayne Young, and written by Jim Cox based on a book of the same name by Diana Young. It is a film with a strong environmental theme. The film features the voice talents of Jonathan Ward as Zak, Samantha Mathis as Crysta, Tim Curry as Hexxus, Robin Williams as Batty Koda, and Christian Slater as Pips.

The film was released in the United States on April 10, 1992 and in Australia on September 17, 1992, and received mixed to positive reviews. In 1998, the film was followed by the direct-to-video sequel, FernGully 2: The Magical Rescue.

I fixed it :)

Cold Heritage

Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Oniya

I keep expecting him to spring a leak....