Exalted vs World of Darkness interest check

Started by RSGAlex, February 08, 2019, 01:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cessali

You really do need to at least have one copy of the cWoD main rulebooks (or to have played them at some point in your life), if only to have an idea as to how the ruleset works in general.  While Exalted shares a lot of DNA in common with cWoD/X20 systems (Willpower, add stat and skill for a dice pool, power stats), it's also definitely not a one-to-one conversion (variable TNs, different combat resolution mechanics, the Rule of 1).  The specifics aren't as important -- the rest of us will be happy to help you fill in the blanks as we go.

RSGAlex

V20 really has the base rules, but as long as you know about Nature/Demeanor and can look up some stuff for the backgrounds and examples of some of those things (although you're always risking it being inexact). I mean, the old Storyteller system had lots of things in common and the linked books have lots of the exceptions and things you need to know. Again, not everything, but some of it.

So you can somewhat do with just the ExVWoD books with some internet looking.

EDIT: And yes, sex, drugs, and rocking happen. Because it's the WoD.
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

ObsidianShards

I'll probably pick up the oWoD on PDF or something.  I gave all my books to my high-school buddies, when I went off to college.......probably should have kept them. <shrug>
Between the 5 of us, we literally owned all of the White Wolf books the various and sundry lines.  Trying to cram it all together and then put it in the Dark Ages....it was "interesting".

Then we moved on to Exalted....., after a stint into Abberent, so I'm more then passingly familiar with the Story Teller system, it's just been a few years since college, when I stopped playing. ;)

RSGAlex

Then there's a few things that might surprise you, but otherwise should be like getting back on a bike.
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.