Marvel: A New Beginning (Temprorarily closed for recruitment)

Started by AribethAmkiir, March 29, 2014, 04:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AribethAmkiir

Marvel: A New Beginning
A Superhero Game

It all began just three short months ago.  Everything changed.  All of our lives we have been told that we are alone in the universe.  On May 4th, 2012, we learned differently.  We learned not only that there is life beyond this world, but that it can be hostile and violent, and bent on conquering our planet.  Now, we know fear.

In our hour of need, The Avengers saved us, and we learned that we are not without champions.  However, those six souls aren't alone.  All across the world special people are emerging.  Some are natural heroes, while others become enemies.  The Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division (S.H.I.E.L.D.) has been tasked with identifying these special people and offering them the chance to learn from the best.

The Academy of Character Excellence (A.C.E) was recently put into effect by S.H.I.E.L.D. Director Nick Fury. Housed in a remote valley deep in the Rocky Mountains, the Academy offers its students an opportunity unparalleled anywhere else in the world - the opportunity to learn and develop under the tuition of the Avengers and other special individuals.

S.H.I.E.L.D. has found a number of people around the world, their powers newly developed. They have enrolled in the A.C.E. program and have been brought to the Academy.

These students are you.

What this game is: This is a Marvel Universe reboot.  We are aligning the universe with the Marvel Cinematic Universe timeline up to the end of the Avengers.  What happens next is fair game.

What does this mean? This means that the only previous knowledge you need is what you can gain from watching the movies: Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, and The Avengers. It also means that this is an Alternate Universe from the comic books.

Character Creation and Extra Game Information

• Most Player Characters will be between 16 – 19 years old.
  • This is a Marvel reboot, as such there will be no prior history except for what’s been mentioned in the Marvel Cinematic timeline  (Iron Man 1 & 2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, and the Avengers movies) and what appears on the GM NPC histories.
  • Characters are expected to begin the game at a relatively inexperienced level - one of the reasons for being at the S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy is to develop their powers and control over them.
  • Your characters powers and abilities will be restricted to what is listed on your approved character sheet.  Characters will develop their control and abilities through game play and new developments will be added to the character sheets.
  • If allowed to play an “adult” character, this is a privilege, please note that you will, at times, be directed to do certain things by the GMs.  Failure to cooperate will result in the loss of control of that character.
  • Rewards for activity in game will be issued.  This may include power growth, ability development, additional knowledge gained, the ability to play a 2nd character, or something else of the GMs choosing.
  • Team leaders will be appointed by the GM NPCs and are likely to change.
  • As in all schools punishments are expected such as extra chores, like latrine duty.  S.H.I.E.L.D. is a military organization and is managing the school, so expect military-like punishments.

Character Sheet (Please send character sheets to AribethAmkiir, Keldia, and ebpohmr)

[center][size=14pt][b](insert character name here, all capitals)[/b][/size][/center]

[b]CHARACTER NAME:[/b]
[b]REAL NAME:[/b]
[b]AGE:[/b] (must be 16+)
[b]SEXUAL ORIENTATION:[/b]
[b]HEIGHT:[/b] (Inches and metric)
[b]WEIGHT: [/b] (Inches and metric)

[b]APPEARANCE/COSTUME:[/b]

[center][img height=400 padding=5] (Costume) [/img][img height=400] (Face Claim) [/img][/center]

[b]FACE CLAIM:[/b]
[b]POWERS/ABILITIES:[/b] (remember starting character level and control)
[list]
[li](insert power here)[/li]
[li](insert power here or delete if not needed)[/li]
[/list]
[b]WEAKNESSES:[/b] (Make weaknesses appropriate to powers and character, need a minimum of 3)

[list]
[li](insert weakness here)[/li]
[li](insert weakness here or delete if not needed)[/li]
[/list]

[b]HISTORY:[/b] (Appropriate history for game universe.  Include significant events during childhood and how the character developed their powers/abilities)

[b]PERSONALITY:[/b] (At least 5 adjectives that would describe the character’s personality traits)

[b]EQUIPMENT:[/b]
[b]CHARACTER O/O's:[/b] The character's on's and off's
[b]PLAYER O/O's:[/b] Your on's and off's
[b]NOTES:[/b]

Rules of Play:

• This is not our universe it is that created by Marvel Worldwide, Inc.  We have altered it slightly to the benefit of our game.
  • This Game is not a sex focused game but it is not prohibited. Sex scenes are kept in a separate thread, within the forum. Student-teacher (sexual) relationships are not permitted.
  • We adhere to most, if not all, physical and legal laws of the Marvel universe.
  • Your character's knowledge of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the world should remain connected to their age and history.  Everyone is starting off as a rookie, and superheroes have only begun to appear in the last few years.
  • BackSeat Moderation is NOT allowed, if you read or feel something is in violation of the game rules or setting, please PM a GM.
  • Please keep drama out of the OOC.  Misunderstandings should be resolved through PM with the GMs c.c.’d.    If the parties involved are unable to settle the misunderstanding the GMs will intervene.
  • The GMs’ ruling is final.

Posting Etiquette and Expectation

• Every post should have a header with tag information. Tag information code can be copied from the first post in every IC thread.
  • Adding list items to the tag is allowed (such as "wearing" or "listening to").
  • Tag images are to be height=200 padding=8
  • Posts are expected to consist of actual content that provides material for partners to respond to other than dialogue alone. 'One-liners' are not acceptable.
  • Killing characters (PC or NPC) is not allowed without GM approval and full player consent.
  • Use common sense in regard to posting order. Let everyone in the scene reply before you post again unless something else has been agreed upon.
  • Please post using third person past tense.
  • Posting is expected to be, at least, once every 5 days.  If you are aware you won’t be able to post communicate with the players and GMs involved in the scene.
  • If a player does not post within 5 days the character will be skipped or controlled by a GM, depending on the scene.  If the player does not post within 2 weeks, and does not notify a GM of the absence, the player character will become inactive.  Inactive characters will be removed from game play.
  • Reading - We don't believe this needs to be added, but here it is.  This is a Play-by-Post game and reading is paramount.  You need to pay attention to detail in every scene.  If there's a foot of snow on the ground, we expect people to note the snow somewhere in their posts.  If you're joining a scene, please read enough of what's happening to be able to join the scene smoothly.
  • Stupidity (I.e., destroying property or rampaging through the city) will alert the authorities, S.H.I.E.L.D., and possibly The Avengers resulting in very bad things.
  • Combat – This wouldn’t be much of a game if it didn’t happen.  However, please, use common sense.  If it's with a GM controlled character, give the GM character a chance to respond.  If you write nine paragraphs, and mortally wound whatever it is as soon as it appears, we’re going to counter the very first thing you attempt, and your entire book of actions will result in squat.  If you manage to get the jump on a sleeping combatant, or it has its back turned, with no attention paid to you, we'll talk.
  • When Player vs. Player combat occurs, it will be expected that the players involved work out an amiable solution.  If this is not possible, rolls will be used and the players involved will be expected to accept the results.  Killing characters (PC or NPC) is not allowed without GM approval and full player consent
  • Power-gaming/Meta-gaming - will not be tolerated. We define this as reacting to OOC information in an IC manner. If your character has no way of ascertaining said information, and you react to it, this is power-gaming, and you'll be receiving a post from us to edit.  This includes character sheets.  The character sheets are OOC information, do not use what you read there IC unless your character discovers it in game.
  • God-Mode - 9/10 times, if this happens it's going to come back to bite you in the ass. This includes random plot points that were not discussed with us that have an unfair impact upon game play. The 10% of the time that it will be allowed is if previously discussed with us. If what you’re about to have your character do feels like it might be considered Godding PM the GMs. It is better to ask first then be penalized for it later.

Alongside your characters will be numerous NPCs.  They will be defined as follows:
  • Killing, abandoning or incapacitating a Non-Player Character is not allowed without GM approval.
  • GM NPCs: These are NPCs that will only be controlled by the GMs.
  • Assumed NPCs: These will be the characters that fill space, nameless S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and innocent bystanders.
  • Community NPCs: Characters that do more than fill space but aren’t important enough for the GMs to constantly control.  The person in the scene who first controls the NPC is the person who remains in control, unless a GM takes over, or control is given to someone else.

AribethAmkiir

Open Threads
OOC Thread

We are taking canon and Original characters.  With original characters, please avoid using a powerset that is similar to an existing character, if possible.

Reserved: N/A

GM NPCs include: Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Scott Lang, Thor, Hank Pym, Captain American, Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye, The Hulk, and Magneto.

Player Characters

Male--------------------------------------------------------------------------Female
Player: AribethAmkiir
Character: Jean Grey
Face Claim: Haley Ramm
Player: RedMoon
Character: Scott Summers
Face Claim:  Freddie Smith Marco
Player: Aiden
Character: Jimmy Hudson Jr.
Face Claim: Devin Paisley
Player: RampantDesires
Character: Danielle “Dani” Moonstar
Face Claim:Tanaya Beatty
Players: TheHangedMan
Character: Erik Crowley
Face Claim: Andrew-Lee Potts
Player: SpiralSpider
Character: Ri'Staraa Sayed
Face Claim: Booboo Stewart
Player: Deamonbane
Character: Victor Creed
Face Claim: Jason Chambers
Player: Neysha
Character:Brandt
Face Claim: Michelle Waterson
Player: Mathim
Character: Dr. Stephen Strange
Face Claim: Luke Evans
Player: apygoos
Character: Cassandra Lang
Face Claim:Emma Watson
Player: Keldia
Character: Kitty Pryde
Face Claim: Lilly Collins
Player: Batman4560
Character: Arthur Taylor
Face Claim: Hugh Dancy
Player: Julles
Character: Zoe Anne Hennesy
Face Claim: Hattie Watson
Player: Deathnote
Character: Bobby Drake
Face Claim:Dylan O'Brien
Player: Ember Star
Character: Megan Gywnn
Face Claim: Evanna Lynch
Player: TamaRose
Character: Nathaniel Cartwright
Face Claim: James Macovy

GM NPCs

Male--------------------------------------------------------------------------Female
Player: GM NPC
Character: Chales Xavier
Face Claim: Patrick Stewart

Example Character Sheet

Example

MARVEL GIRL

CHARACTER NAME: Marvel Girl
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Heterosexual
HEIGHT: 5’6” (167.5 cm)
WEIGHT: 115 lbs (52 kg)

APPEARANCE/COSTUME:

FACE CLAIM: Haley Ramm
POWERS/ABILITIES:

• Telepathy: Jean is able to read thoughts, project and broadcast her own thoughts, as well as affect the minds of humans and animals with higher order intelligence (such as dolphins, ravens or dogs).
  • Telekinesis: Projection of psychokinetic energy enables her to levitate objects, propel or manipulate them however she wishes, lift herself and move through the air to simulate flight, stimulate individual molecules to create heat, generate concussive force as blasts or bursts, and create protective shields.

WEAKNESSES:

• Use of Jean’s telekinetic abilities results in fatigue and she strains to lift objects of two times her weight.  Jean will cause herself to blackout or faint if she pushes herself beyond her limits.
  • Xavier has erected barriers in Jean’s mind which prevent her from attaining her telepathic potential.
  • High moments of stress or fatigue can cause Jean’s filters to break which allows an overwhelming flood of thoughts into her mind resulting in confusion, disorientation, pain, and sometimes loss of consciousness.
  • Jean is in all purposes a fairly normal teenager with all the inherent weaknesses that accompany that.

HISTORY:

Jean Grey was the younger daughter of Professor John Grey of the History Department of Bard College in Annadale-on-Hudson, New York, and his wife Elaine Grey.  When Jean was ten years old she was playing with her best friend, Annie Richardson when Annie was hit by a car.  The emotion that Jean felt, as she held her dying friend, awakened her own latent telepathic powers and she experienced Annie's emotions as Annie died.  This traumatic event left Jean in a withdrawn and deeply depressed state.  Moreover, Jean could not control her newly awakened telepathic abilities and had to isolate herself from other people to hold on to her sanity.
Finally, when Jean was eleven a psychiatrist recommended to her parents that they consult a colleague of his, Professor Charles Xavier, who was secretly a mutant with telepathic abilities of his own.  Prof. Xavier explained to Jean, but not to her parents, that she was a mutant and he treated her for several years.  The Professor taught Jean how to levitate and manipulate objects through psionic force when she developed telekinesis at the age of thirteen.  Xavier even used young Jean to calibrate his Cerebro machine.  During one particular session, an aspect of young Jean's mind reached out in the form of a Phoenix flamebird to touch young orphan Scott Summers’ mind as he slept.  Prof. Xavier erected psychic barriers in Jean's mind so that she would not be able to use her telepathic abilities until she had developed the maturity necessary to deal with them.

When Prof. Xavier judged that Jean had reached a certain level of mastery of her telekinetic power, he recommended to her parents that they enroll her in the newly established Academy of Controlled Excellence, or A.C.E.  Unknown to Mr. and Mrs. Grey, this school served as a cover for the grooming of young meta-humans beings trained by S.H.I.E.L.D., Professor Xavier, and the Avengers’ to combat the threats posed by evil meta-humans who used their powers against humanity.  Jean Grey was the first student to enroll. 

PERSONALITY: 

Jean is a social, yet reserved girl.  Due to her therapy sessions with Charles Xavier she demonstrates a level of maturity beyond her years.  Despite her social tendencies, she does fall into depressed phases where she isolates herself.  Jean is a caring and compassionate individual, and a loyal and dedicated friend.  She struggles with self-esteem issues and has a temper.  Jean is a typical eighteen year-old teenage girl with all the emotions, hormones, and interests that go along with that.

EQUIPMENT:  Only what S.H.I.E.L.D gives her.
CHARACTER O/O's: Jean has no real sexual experience.
PLAYER O/O's: See my O/O's
NOTES: Information for the character was taken from http://marvel.wikia.com/Jean_Grey_%28Earth-616%29

Face Claims

Chris Evans
Patrick Stewart
Andrew-Lee Potts
Booboo Stewart
Devin Paisley
Freddie Smith Marco
Samuel L. Jackson
Chris Hemsworth
Robert Downey Jr.
Mark Ruffalo
Jeremy Renner
Tom Hiddleston
Clark Gregg
Don Cheadle
Anthony Hopkins
Idris Elba
Ray Stevenson
Tadanobu Asano
Josh Dallas
Tim Roth
William Hurt
Jason Chambers
Alexander Ludwig
Luke Evans
Hugh Dancy
James McAvoy
Dylan O'Brien
Haley Ramm
Scarlett Johansson
Tanaya Beatty
Cobie Smulders
Gwyneth Paltrow
Natalie Portman
Jamie Alexander
Rene Russo
Kat Dennings
Liv Tyler
Emma Watson
Hattie Watson
Emily Ratajkowski
Michelle Waterson
Lily Collins
Evanna Lynch
Ariel Winter
Bonnie Wright

Aiden

Deamonbane

I have an idea for a OC, but he would be older, although his powers are only starting to sprout... also, he might be Russian... Would that be okay? If not then dibs on a young Victor Creed...
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

AribethAmkiir

TamaRose

I am really excited. I can't wait. Mine will be OC and male. I hope that's alright.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: TamaRose on March 29, 2014, 05:18:48 PM
I am really excited. I can't wait. Mine will be OC and male. I hope that's alright.

Yes, it is.  If you have any questions just let us know.

Julles

Curiosity is growing. Quick question, is this game already in play or is just being created??

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Aiden

Jimmy leaves a note

-Went drinking-

RedMoon

Aw, Magneto is reserved? He is my favorite Marvel character. I am even wearing a Magneto shirt.

That said, I'd have some interest in play Cyclops. I wonder if "Psychic Catnip" is on his official power list... Cyclops gets all the psychic gals.

AribethAmkiir

Yeah, Magneto will be a GM NPC, at least, to begin with.

If you want to claim dibs on Cyke go right ahead.

Neysha

I think I may join as Mantis... be nice to get her off to an early start, so as to avoid all of that later comic continuity nonsense.

Quote from: Julles on March 29, 2014, 05:29:12 PM
Curiosity is growing. Quick question, is this game already in play or is just being created??

It just started.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Julles on March 29, 2014, 05:29:12 PM

As Neysha said, it just started.   :D

Foxy DeVille

Sent in a semi-OC canon-smorgasbord to y'all...

RedMoon

Awesome. I will call dibs on Cyclops, then. I'll make a profile later tonight.

ebpohmr

Quote from: Foxy Oni on March 29, 2014, 10:13:48 PM
Sent in a semi-OC canon-smorgasbord to y'all...

Thanks Foxy! We'll look it over and get back to you! :)

Neysha

How much of a requirement is the face claim part of the profile.
My Request Thread
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

ebpohmr

Quote from: Neysha on March 29, 2014, 10:46:44 PM
How much of a requirement is the face claim part of the profile.

No more or less than the rest of the required information, why?

RedMoon

I'm awful at finding photos for characters.

Also, are we counting skills as powers? Though I suppose the characters would be fairly new, and not have a lot in the way of skills. I just ask, because Cyclops only has one power, which is fine. If we're including skills, though, I can fill that out a little more.

Also, weaknesses. I have two, but, I'm struggling to think of a third one. Unless "Vulnerable to bullets" is a weakness.

Deamonbane

Keldia

Not really. Around the premises of the actual A.C.E. facility, the attendees will likely be able to wear what they want within reason. Casual wear, you could say. On a mission, they'll likely get a S.H.I.E.L.D. outfit or something similar if needed.
Ons/Offs (Coming Soon!) | Storytelling Annex | Absences & Apologies | Post Tracker
Current Response Rate: Playing Catch Up! [~7 Days]

AribethAmkiir

apygoos

how feasible is it to pull off Hank Pym/Antman? I know they have a plan for  Ant Man in the MCU where hank simply developed the pym particles and Scott Lang becomes the one to wear the suit. I might have a   few other canons in mind though if thats not possible]

Juggtacular

I'd like to reserve Cain Marko aka The Juggernaut.

Neysha

Quote from: ebpohmr on March 29, 2014, 10:55:55 PM
No more or less than the rest of the required information, why?

Eh no reason. I guess I can find some Asian chick to base her appearance off of instead of a Green woman, which would be more difficult. :P
My Request Thread

ebpohmr

Quote from: Neysha on March 30, 2014, 06:39:54 AM
Eh no reason. I guess I can find some Asian chick to base her appearance off of instead of a Green woman, which would be more difficult. :P

Not necessarily - a google image search for 'Orion Woman, Cosplay' or 'She-Hulk, Cosplay' might net you a usable image! ;)

Quote from: apygoos on March 30, 2014, 03:50:58 AM
how feasible is it to pull off Hank Pym/Antman? I know they have a plan for  Ant Man in the MCU where hank simply developed the pym particles and Scott Lang becomes the one to wear the suit. I might have a   few other canons in mind though if thats not possible]

Well, *points to second post* Hank Pym is a GM NPC and thus not available for player control at this time. Other than that, there's nothing to stop you making a character who uses stuff Pym has designed. We'll let you know if anything Pym-related in your background needs to be tweaked to match our version of him. ;)

Quote from: Juggtacular on March 30, 2014, 04:49:17 AM
I'd like to reserve Cain Marko aka The Juggernaut.

Cain Marko/Juggernaut is reserved for Juggtacular.

Juggtacular

You could use a younger version of Lang? Or even his daughter Cassie who can naturally manipulate Pym Particles and grow/shrink at will.

Neysha

Oh yeah Cassie is super cool.
My Request Thread

RampantDesires

Holy crap Rampant stop looking at groups *beats her head on the desk*

Anyway before I fully dive into making a character sheet just checking in to make sure that Moonstar/Psyche/Mirage would be an acceptable candidate for the group.  Freshly picked up in her late teenage years from Colorado ranch and brought to facility for training, no you know, Valkyrie stuff or anything.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

ebpohmr

Quote from: RampantDesires on March 30, 2014, 08:43:39 AM
make sure that Moonstar/Psyche/Mirage would be an acceptable candidate for the group.

Moonstar is reserved for RampantDesires.

Neysha

Looks like we'll have to update that reserves list!  ; P
My Request Thread

AribethAmkiir

Updated unless I missed someone.

Not sure who apygoos has claimed.

apygoos

if it will make any kind of sense at all, i could ask for Cassie Lang? As long as shes workable into the setting :)

ebpohmr

Quote from: apygoos on March 30, 2014, 11:46:02 AM
if it will make any kind of sense at all, i could ask for Cassie Lang? As long as shes workable into the setting :)

We'll confer and get back to you apygoos! ;)

RedMoon

Hooray for approval.

I expect Neysha to play obscure B-Listers, but, I'm surprised at seeing Moonstar. Nice job, Rampant!

apygoos

cassie has been submitted, lets hope she makes the cut!

Deamonbane

Sent my Cs of Sabertooth to Aribeth...

AribethAmkiir

Reviewing Cassie now.

Deamon I replied to you.

Please send all Character Sheets to all three of us.

Julles

Cool. I will be making a an OC CS if that is okay??

ebpohmr

Quote from: Julles on March 30, 2014, 07:17:43 PM
Cool. I will be making a an OC CS if that is okay??

That's perfectly okay Julles! Look forward to seeing what you put together! :)

TamaRose

Getting my OC put together. I hope to have it sent to you tonight!

TamaRose

Quote from: RedMoon on March 29, 2014, 10:31:03 PM
Awesome. I will call dibs on Cyclops, then. I'll make a profile later tonight.

To bad Cyclops don't bat for the other team since I am playing a young male in this group. *sighs*

I guess I will have to make a girl just so I can flirt with the sexy devil. ;D

RedMoon

arthenwel

Still got room for a developing pyro?
Be careful who you try to burn. You might just find that the other person knows how to play with fire better than you.

On's/Off's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=185686.0
A/A's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=228170.msg11197359#msg11197359

RedMoon

That was Uncanny X-Men #18. Young Cyclops from the past chatting with future mutant revolutionary Cyclops. It was neat.

TamaRose

I will have to read it.

Also, I know I said I would have my character in tonight but I think it will be more like tomorrow. I am exhausted. I have the majority of it done. I just need to finish a little with his history and it will be done.

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Batman4560

Can I assume that you guys are still taking characters?

SpiralSpider

I sent in a character for review. ^.^
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Julles

Yay! I sent one, too. :) I hope it gets approved. -fingers crossed-

ebpohmr

We are currently reviewing submissions from Julles, SpiralSpider, Apygoos, TheHangedMan and Deamonbane. We will get back to you all soon, but with the GM's in three different time zones, sometimes there's a bit of a delay while one of us is sleeping, or working. ;)

Quote from: Batman4560 on March 30, 2014, 11:53:18 PM
Can I assume that you guys are still taking characters?

Yup, indeed we are! :)

Currently received characters:
Quote from: arthenwel on March 30, 2014, 09:59:32 PM
Still got room for a developing pyro?

Our doors are still open! ;)

AribethAmkiir

Please, don't post your character sheets here.  Thank you.

Deamonbane

Juggtacular

ebpohmr

Quote from: Juggtacular on March 31, 2014, 09:40:22 AM
Cain's sheet was sent in.

I've checked my PM's for the past week and I haven't received anything from you Juggtacular. Who did you send it to?

Juggtacular

I sent it to Aribeth. I can send it to you too if you want.

ebpohmr

Yes please. All character sheets need to be sent to AribethAmkiir, Keldia and myself, as instructed in the first post of this thread. Because else, they stand a chance of falling through the cracks and being missed. ;)

Juggtacular

Ahhh, my mistake. I was tired when I read it and I thought there was an "or" instead of "and". So I assumed I should just send it to one of you. But I've sent it to you and Keldia just now.

ebpohmr

Updated list: Julles, SpiralSpider, Apygoos, TheHangedMan, Deamonbane, Neysha, Foxy Oni and Juggtacular all have characters submitted for approval.

AribethAmkiir

Hey all.  How's your Monday so far?

Juggtacular

Up and down.

Finally got confirmation for the best job I've ever had. But I haven't slept in forever and now I'm waiting for an interview call. On tip of that my Internet and cable have been screwy since Friday. I've been using my phone as a wi-fi hotspot and its painfully slow.

arthenwel

Be glad your weekend wasn't like this past week for me
Be careful who you try to burn. You might just find that the other person knows how to play with fire better than you.

A/A's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=228170.msg11197359#msg11197359

VoluptuousVixen

Id like to re submit for Scarlet Witch.

AribethAmkiir

Yes, I received it lois.  We are reviewing it now.

Please, be patient with us.  No one is first in line, but we are looking at every character sheet we receive.

To help the process please keep an eye on your Private Message Inboxes.  We will most likely be replying to you and asking questions. 

Also, please be certain to PM all 3 of us.  If you send it to only 1 person, then we must wait for that person to come on to send it to the rest, and it slows things down.  We're in 3 different timezone with 3 different schedules.

Thank you for your patience and I look forward to speaking with you all about your characters.

-Ari

Batman4560

Ill have my character sent in when I get off work tonight.

Ember Star

Question, would a OC daughter of Wolverine and Silver Fox be acceptable?

Here's her profile from the last group I had her in: https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Lisbeth_Howlett

I can transfer it it to your profile format and adjust her for this group. I just wanted to check on the idea before I did all that
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Ember Star on March 31, 2014, 01:27:25 PM
Question, would a OC daughter of Wolverine and Silver Fox be acceptable?

Here's her profile from the last group I had her in: https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Lisbeth_Howlett

I can transfer it it to your profile format and adjust her for this group. I just wanted to check on the idea before I did all that

I'm sorry Ember.  Wolverine is already an accepted PC in this game and he's a teenager.  He's never met Silver Fox.

Ember Star

Okay. That's fine. It's why I checked since I noticed Jean was young. ^_^ I have other ideas in my hat. You'll be getting a OC in the next day or two. Soon as I can adjust my Illusionist to fit the setting :-)
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Keldia

Quote from: Ember Star on March 31, 2014, 01:41:12 PM
Okay. That's fine. It's why I checked since I noticed Jean was young. ^_^ I have other ideas in my hat. You'll be getting a OC in the next day or two. Soon as I can adjust my Illusionist to fit the setting :-)

Looking forward to it Ember! :-)
Ons/Offs (Coming Soon!) | Storytelling Annex | Absences & Apologies | Post Tracker

Neysha

Wonder if this new crop of applicants is going to bring in a similar proportion of filthy muties. :P
My Request Thread

arthenwel

*Looks away, whistling innocently*

Mathim

Probably a bizarre question, but could a young Stephen Strange with emerging mystic abilities work? If so, dibs.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

AribethAmkiir

It depends on the character sheet.

We're not looking for all-powerful, invincible characters.  This is a game focused on young people coming into their own.  Their powers should simply be a representation of that fact.

If you're able to create a Stephan Strange character that can fit the game, we're happy to have him.

Ember Star

I started to submit Pixie. I have a lovely picture of Emma Watson which was Photoshop'd to look like her. But I sent in one of my young OCs instead since she was ready to go with a few edits and ive been wanting to play her. If she doesn't work though, I may go with Pixie instead

AribethAmkiir

Okay.

Kel is currently at work, and Ian is headed to bed - the guy has had 3 hours of sleep in the last 48.  :(

We did receive your submission Ember.  We'll be reviewing it once we are able to get a few eyes on it.   :D

I'll be contacting a number of people and have already sent a number of PM's to people.  Keep a lookout on your inbox.

Please feel free to ask any questions.  Between the 3 of us we should get a timely response to you.

Ember Star

No rush ^_^ I'm coming out of a RP coma myself and find myself rather busy across the site. Only reason I got her to you so fast was because she's a old character that was already made. Lol.

ebpohmr

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on March 31, 2014, 06:42:22 PM
Please feel free to ask any questions.  Between the 3 of us we should get a timely response to you.

Yup, what she said! Incidentally, anyone is welcome to add me on YIM! ;)

apygoos

Emma Watson is Cassie's faceclaim >.>
everyones Xmen! am i the only Avenger Child? D: even though Scott Lang isnt an Avenger...yet in this game.

Ember Star

Ah. I didn't know she was already claimed. Is there a list somewhere? I saw the character thread but not everybody is there yet

Neysha

Quote from: apygoos on March 31, 2014, 07:09:10 PM
Emma Watson is Cassie's faceclaim >.>
everyones Xmen! am i the only Avenger Child? D: even though Scott Lang isnt an Avenger...yet in this game.

I sent in an application for Mantis.

Though upon reflection I probably should've taken my character choice/creation more seriously. ;)

But the die is cast.  :D
My Request Thread

AribethAmkiir

I'll get a list of face claims up in the second post.  That's a good idea.

Neysha, we've looked at Mantis quite a bit, but if you want to submit something else to play instead, it isn't too late.

Neysha

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on March 31, 2014, 07:19:49 PM
I'll get a list of face claims up in the second post.  That's a good idea.

Neysha, we've looked at Mantis quite a bit, but if you want to submit something else to play instead, it isn't too late.

No I'm happy with what I've chosen. :)

It'll be a fun challenge if it's workable.
My Request Thread

arthenwel

I will be submitting a character as soon as I get some time.

assleigh

Has Scarlet Witch been claimed? She was a.pivotal comic book Avenger... Her powers might be hard to 'balance' with the whole probability shifting... But should be doable ... If she's someone you're cool with I'll work her up as a character... Was thinking

Vanessa  Hudgens as a Faceclaim
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: assleigh on March 31, 2014, 11:15:18 PM
Has Scarlet Witch been claimed? She was a.pivotal comic book Avenger... Her powers might be hard to 'balance' with the whole probability shifting... But should be doable ... If she's someone you're cool with I'll work her up as a character... Was thinking

Vanessa  Hudgens as a Faceclaim

We do have a submission for the Scarlet Witch already, and we are currently working on trying to "balance" her.   :D

I'm sorry.  I'll be updating the first post here shortly.  I hope you can find another character you would be interested in playing.

assleigh

Will do... Dang, got hopeful... I'll wait until the list of 'taken' characters is posted... Ooo! A thought! Lorelai from Asgard? Maybe a bad girl making good? Perhaps Odin banished her to Earth to learn a lesson or two?
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

Batman4560

And my character is now submitted.

I think I have to make a new character. I was looking at the ones already made and *BAM* There is a character alot like mine. :(

AribethAmkiir

I've updated the 2nd post with face claims and reserved characters.

Ember Star

Okay. Go ahead and reserve Pixie for me. Since I can't use Emma I found this for her but again, no clue who that is. Probably another random hair model. I keep finding them @.@ If you want somebody more well known, I can get somebody to Photoshop something for me. Would probably go with Evanna Lynch for thst. Either

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Ember Star on April 01, 2014, 12:24:45 AM
Okay. Go ahead and reserve Pixie for me. Since I can't use Emma I found this for her but again, no clue who that is. Probably another random hair model. I keep finding them @.@ If you want somebody more well known, I can get somebody to Photoshop something for me. Would probably go with Evanna Lynch for thst. Either

I tried to do a Google search on her but I couldn't find her Ember.  If you can use Evanna that'd be great.

Ember Star

yeah. Pretty sure she's a hair model and those are impossible.

okay, I'll use Evanna. Just have to get somebody to Photoshop magic for me

Ember Star

oh. I didn't think of this before but Pixie's "pixie dust" power causes hallucinations. Will there be a conflicking issue there?

EDIT: if it does I can go for Elektra instead.

AribethAmkiir

Ember Star

The effect of her pixie dust is somewhat similar to Mirages ability

Basically another form of illusion, just through hallucinations

AribethAmkiir

I don't know.  Pixie's hallucinations usually involve calming and pleasant images.  Mirage's are the person's worse fear.  They seem polar opposites to me.

Ember Star

They are in that way. I was just double checking just in case. Sounds like it'll be no problem though ^_^

AribethAmkiir

Looking forward to seeing her.  I think she'll be our first flier!

Good morning all.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

assleigh

Is there a heroine not in the pipeline you'd like to see as part of this?

I'm leaning a bit towards Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) or She Hulk... But am feeling a little unfocused atm. I'd a weird notion for a Genderbent Dr. Strange.... A Girl Sorcerer Suprememe...with all the asgardian Magoc about maybe that could make sense...

My ONs and OFFs

SpiralSpider

Is there an OOC thread yet? Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss it.

AribethAmkiir

We're not looking for all-powerful, invincible characters.  This is a game focused on young people coming into their own.  Their powers should simply be a representation of that fact.

If you can make She-Hulk or Carol Danvers fit that parameter, we'd be happy to see the character submission.

Ember Star

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 01, 2014, 11:35:58 AM
Looking forward to seeing her.  I think she'll be our first flier!
I just put a Photoshop request into CandyLips. That along with getting everything together will take a day or two I think.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: SpiralSpider on April 01, 2014, 12:06:57 PM
Is there an OOC thread yet? Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss it.

Sorry I didn't do that before sleeping last night.

Here is the OOC Thread for those of you who have characters who have been approved.

ebpohmr

Quote from: assleigh on April 01, 2014, 11:49:20 AM
Is there a heroine not in the pipeline you'd like to see as part of this?

I'm leaning a bit towards Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) or She Hulk... But am feeling a little unfocused atm. I'd a weird notion for a Genderbent Dr. Strange.... A Girl Sorcerer Suprememe...with all the asgardian Magoc about maybe that could make sense...

Just to add my thoughts:
  • Firstly, A.C.E. is basically a school for young rookies to develop into full-blown adult superhero's.

• Secondly, unless your character has been brought in to the Movieverse (which we consider to be comprised of: Iron Man 1, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, The Avengers), you are essentially creating OC's based on a canon character. Which means there is no canon background or canon powerset. You are encouraged to have some fun putting your own spin on your characters!

RedMoon

Hmm, does Captain America: Winter Soldier count as Canon for this? If so, then are
Cap2 Spoilers
Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver
canon?

AribethAmkiir

No, not for this game.

I don't know when Captain America: Winter Soldier fall in the timeline, but the game is taking place a few short months after the conclusion of the Avengers' movie.  Iron Man 3 is also not part of the timeline for this.

RedMoon

Ah, alright. Just checking. :)

SpiralSpider

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 01, 2014, 12:19:43 PM
Sorry I didn't do that before sleeping last night.

Here is the OOC Thread for those of you who have characters who have been approved.
Thanks!  :-)

apygoos

yea we should stick close with just "The Avengers" for the time being Winter Soldier leads directly into Avengers 2 from what theyve said. Down the line we should take into consideration that Agents of SHIELD TV show is MCU canon as well.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: apygoos on April 01, 2014, 02:00:50 PM
yea we should stick close with just "The Avengers" for the time being Winter Soldier leads directly into Avengers 2 from what theyve said. Down the line we should take into consideration that Agents of SHIELD TV show is MCU canon as well.

Our timeline will be diverting shortly before the events of Iron Man 3.  We will use the TV show and future movies for inspiration, but they will not have a direct effect on the game.

Mathim

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 01, 2014, 02:17:53 PM
Our timeline will be diverting shortly before the events of Iron Man 3.  We will use the TV show and future movies for inspiration, but they will not have a direct effect on the game.

That's a good way to do it. Especially since some of the decisions they're making for the movies and TV show are somewhat questionable...

Anyway, I'll have a young 'Doc' Strange character sheet done up soon. I'll keep him grounded so as not to be anywhere near a Sorcerer Supreme anytime soon.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

assleigh

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 01, 2014, 12:08:24 PM

If you can make She-Hulk or Carol Danvers fit that parameter, we'd be happy to see the character submission.

*chuckles* I think that's why X-men are so popular, the Avengers are so OP its nuts...
She Hulk could be fun if focused more on the Nerdy Girl who falls in love with being Super Awesome and less about her uber  gamma strength... And without combat training she'd be strong and fought but not good at "using" it, if that makes sense... I like this idea...but could drop it if its too powerful.

sorry to be a pain, I want to fit in with the game not break it :)

My ONs and OFFs

AribethAmkiir

That's part of the reason there are 3 of us.

We'll make sure the character fits into the game and doesn't break it.

Feel free to make the nerdy She-Hulk and if her strength is over-the-top, we'll ask you to bring it down.

apygoos

Quote from: assleigh on April 01, 2014, 02:29:42 PM
*chuckles* I think that's why X-men are so popular, the Avengers are so OP its nuts...
She Hulk could be fun if focused more on the Nerdy Girl who falls in love with being Super Awesome and less about her uber  gamma strength... And without combat training she'd be strong and fought but not good at "using" it, if that makes sense... I like this idea...but could drop it if its too powerful.

sorry to be a pain, I want to fit in with the game not break it :)
id say its the other way around. bar hulk, the Avengers are severely underpowered compared to the X-men. While they still portray Thor with pheomenal power, he seems a lot more grounded in the cinematic universe than in the comics.

assleigh

I dunno... If they hadn't paid lipservice to Asgardians not 'really" being gods.... Would you think that? Look at what Lorelai was able to do and she is neither their most powerful fighter nor their most powerful magic user... And the way Asgardian artifacts effect humans in the AoS show....

Aww... My first Elliquiy arguement *sniff sniff*

And thanks for the hand holding, I much appreciate it.

My ONs and OFFs

apygoos

at the end of the day yes, it took an asgardian [Lady Sif] to take care of an Asgardian...at least if hulk wasn't around. With Loreli making all that havoc, I'm curious to see what The Enchantress will be up to in a [calling it now] Thor 3 appearance. Even if you took phoenix out, you have Jean Grey the innate person, colossus, Magik , Iceman is so damn powerful its not even funny. Magneto is probably my favorite omega level mutant. just the fact that the term "omega level mutant" exist should be cause for alarm :P at least in the scale of opness. Rogue pretty much became pseudo Ms. Marvel. Storm can bring the thunder and not evne need a weapon to do so [given, she doesn't have those "brick" qualities Thor does, but still].

All in all I like alot of the Xmen, but i believe they are far more powerful than the Avengers are. The Avengers take down their most powerful adversaries mostly with tactic, courtesy of Captain America, with other strong minds coming from Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, and Tony Stark. Marvel cinematic universe wise, i guess thats why the Xmen are so popular in this game, because they dont exist in the currently built universe so far, so that leaves a looot of creative control in your corner since this universe is based off of the cinematic. It wasnt quite through power, but through strategy and tactic that the Avengers held the Chitari invasion to 3 square blocks of New York.

I'm sitll kidna upset that Ant-Man and  Wasp werent part of the founding Avengers..but whatever, im pumped for next years Ant-Man., even if it isnt Hank >:( Scott is pretty cool too though, I wanna see the story they present.

Deamonbane

In the Avengers battle, the ones that you see actually doing anything are the most powerful Avengers, Being the Hulk, Thor and Iron Man. Captain America does little more than take out a few footsoldiers (I have an intense dislike for the Cap, reasons of my own), Black Widow does even less. Hawkeye is awesome, but he doesn't o much either, other than take out a few ships with his explosive arrows. So yeah, if questioning whether I would want the X-Men or the Avengers defending New York... X-Men would take the cigar.

AribethAmkiir

The Avengers were able to match the X-Men toe-for-toe in the recent A vs X plot line (before the Phoenix got involved). 

Depending on who is writing, each team gets more powerful or less.

Though, just to point it out, The Avengers are called "The World's Mightiest Heroes".   O:)

Mathim

In terms of sheer numbers, the X-Men surely outnumber the full gamut of the Avengers roster significantly, don't they? I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything but numbers do add up. Too bad Fox is being so stingy with everything and won't allow the MCU to use things like Mutants, Adamantium and whatnot. It's not like they're doing great with the X-Men movies anyway. The freakin' sentinels in the Days of Future Past trailer look like superdeformed, inferior versions of the Destroyer.

AribethAmkiir

They've made X-Men movies?  When were these aired?  /sarcasm

It'd be nice if they made X-Men movies as good as the Avengers' movies.

RedMoon

I don't know about that. Pretty much everybody in the Marvel universe has, at some point or another, been on the Avengers. They have a pretty big pool to call from.

Also, I wonder how they're going to handle Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver if they can't do anything with Magneto in Avengers 2...

apygoos

keep in mind there are 2 variants of the sentinels, future and past. I thought theyd use time bullshit to at least fix the Phoenix Force, but i guess it will forever be a dark personality of Jean that had to be suppressed by Xavier.

yea, good luck explaining where those two came from

Mathim

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 01, 2014, 04:54:44 PM
They've made X-Men movies?  When were these aired?  /sarcasm

It'd be nice if they made X-Men movies as good as the Avengers' movies.

Or every other Marvel movie. Seriously, with the exception of the MCU, virtually every Marvel movie has sucked donkey balls.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: RedMoon on April 01, 2014, 04:55:40 PM
I don't know about that. Pretty much everybody in the Marvel universe has, at some point or another, been on the Avengers. They have a pretty big pool to call from.

Also, I wonder how they're going to handle Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver if they can't do anything with Magneto in Avengers 2...

No spoilers please!  It's hard enough to avoid trailers that give the entire movie away.

Quote from: Mathim on April 01, 2014, 04:59:17 PM
Or every other Marvel movie. Seriously, with the exception of the MCU, virtually every Marvel movie has sucked donkey balls.

The first Fantastic Four wasn't horrible.  One of the Punisher movies was okay.  The first Spider-Man was okay.  Yeah, they could have all been better, but at least they weren't horrible.

VoluptuousVixen

"Donkey Balls are a delicacy in Asgurd Mortal!" Sayeth Lady Sif.

Neysha

I dunno, I think some of them were at least adequate, if not entertaining as well. All of the Spider-Man films have been above average, even Spider-man 3 wasn't bad. Blade was entertaining. DareDevil was okay IMHO. I thought the first two X-Men films were pretty good, the third was average. XMen Origins Wolverine was merely average and First Class was good. The Punisher was fine as an action film, missed the mark on a Punisher film though. And all of the MCU films have been of good quality.

DC Comics though... you got the Nolan movies which were all pretty good. And Man of Steel which was above average. But Catwoman, Superman Returns, Jonah Hex, Green Lantern.... big ol meehhhhhhh from me at best. Watchmen was okay, not really DC Superhero Universe based though.
My Request Thread

RedMoon

I keep forgetting that Jonah Hex movie exists...

JK

Punisher: War Zone was basically everything a Punisher movie should be. Simple, violent and fun.

Nobody reads Punisher for character drama.

Edit: whoops forgot what thread I was browsing
Where the witches are fireproof and every preacher's a madman.
O/Os + legit samples + f-list

AribethAmkiir

In my opinion, Man of Steel was the worst movie that came out last year.  You can only punch someone through a mountain so many times before it becomes boring.  And how much of a totally irredeemable person are you when you're so afraid of being "found out" that you let your dad get sucked up into a tornado?  I don't like Superman in the first place, but that movie was extremely horrible.

Just my opinion.

Mathim

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 01, 2014, 05:03:00 PM
No spoilers please!  It's hard enough to avoid trailers that give the entire movie away.

The first Fantastic Four wasn't horrible.  One of the Punisher movies was okay.  The first Spider-Man was okay.  Yeah, they could have all been better, but at least they weren't horrible.

Respectfully disagree with ya, if you don't mind. All 3 spideys were terrible, both Fantastic 4's were too. The only one I recall not totally hating was Daredevil.

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 01, 2014, 05:23:14 PM
In my opinion, Man of Steel was the worst movie that came out last year.  You can only punch someone through a mountain so many times before it becomes boring.  And how much of a totally irredeemable person are you when you're so afraid of being "found out" that you let your dad get sucked up into a tornado?  I don't like Superman in the first place, but that movie was extremely horrible.

Just my opinion.

No arguments there, though.

Quote from: Neysha on April 01, 2014, 05:30:34 PM
I detested Punisher: War Zone. I thought it was awful and not even that... fun to watch. It's like they were trying to hard IMHO. :P

I kind of feel that way, but I guess I found the movies positive qualities outshined those odious points of morality.

Yeah, the Punisher shot a dude in the face with a shotgun while he's holding a 6-year-old girl in that one. Fucking terrible.

Neysha

Quote from: JK on April 01, 2014, 05:14:16 PM
Punisher: War Zone was basically everything a Punisher movie should be. Simple, violent and fun.

Nobody reads Punisher for character drama.

Edit: whoops forgot what thread I was browsing

I detested Punisher: War Zone. I thought it was awful and not even that... fun to watch. It's like they were trying to hard IMHO. :P

Just my opinion.

I kind of feel that way, but I guess I found the movies positive qualities outshined those odious points of morality.
My Request Thread

JK

Thats the beauty! You dont need the origin story and the heroes journey and all the stuff that you would think makes a movie. Just violence, huge guns and gnarly middle aged guys grimacing as they point them at over the top ethnic criminal stereotypes.

Its like how Dredd didnt ever show his face. It broke a cardinal rule of film, and was totally better for it.

Mathim

Quote from: JK on April 01, 2014, 05:39:07 PM
Thats the beauty! You dont need the origin story and the heroes journey and all the stuff that you would think makes a movie. Just violence, huge guns and gnarly middle aged guys grimacing as they point them at over the top ethnic criminal stereotypes.

Its like how Dredd didnt ever show his face. It broke a cardinal rule of film, and was totally better for it.

I think what we were getting at is, that's why we hated the Punisher. So there's no beauty there to be had; that would only be the case if that stuff was effective.

JK

It didnt touch my heart, it didnt make me think, but it made my trigger finger twitch. I think Frank would want it that way.

Deamonbane

Fantastic four sucked. Both of them. The first two Spider-Man movies were decent. Both Punisher movies were epic. X-Men and X-2 were good, the Last Stand was decent, but not good. I liked the X-Men Origins, but I realize that it wasn't that great. The Wolverine was Epic as well, but the First class could have been better. I won't even talk about Daredevil.

RedMoon

You lot are going to scare off the new recruits with all this arguing and movie-bashing. Maybe this conversation should take place in the OOC thread? :p

assleigh

I still have to go to a support group over how bad Daredevil &amp; Electra were....So wanted to like Electra...

My ONs and OFFs

VoluptuousVixen

Guys and Gals, I have too much going on to play Scarlet Witch so I withdraw my application for her.

I hope this group does very well and you all have a good time! xxx

AribethAmkiir

That's too bad, lois.  I hope your other games go well.

ebpohmr

Heh. I haven't seen a superhero movie yet that I haven't loved!

Ember Star

Hshahah. I pretty much avoid these conversation because I like them all with the exception of X-men last stand.

But...

Just my opinion.
This ^ this was my issue with MoS. Loved the casting, loved the story, loved how the characters were played. But too much epic long beat shit up scenes bore me and I felt it INCREDIBLY stupid that Clark would just let his dad die like that.

Ember Star

Quote from: ebpohmr on April 02, 2014, 03:56:36 AM
Heh. I haven't seen a superhero movie yet that I haven't loved!
But this is pretty much me. This includes the DD and Elektra everybody seems to hate. Actually didnt know people hated them. But I'm not a avid reading of the comic books. Never had access or money, so I just read Wikipedia for most of it. I also loved the original spin the Catwoman movie had, although I did feel the movie itself could have been much better.

assleigh

Is it wrong of me to say Tank Girl is my all time favorite Comic Book movie?

Pah pah pah POW!

My ONs and OFFs

apygoos

as i note the setting i cant help but wonder 1) Spider-Man is like, perfect for this game setting, so by correlation, i feel compelled to ask, 2) Am I the only person on E who willingly would play spidey in a group game? lol

Batman4560

No but I really don't want to play Spiderman in two different games.

Deamonbane

I would like to play the Spidey, but I don't think I would be able to do him justice. Either make him too serious and somber, or psychotic with punchlines, like Deadpool.

AribethAmkiir

I kind of expected we'd get a Spidey by now, but I'm not completely surprised that we haven't. 

Mathim

I was hesitant to choose a character who isn't actually part of the MCU. The X-Men, Spidey, F4 and a few others are not controlled by Marvel Studios so I wanted one who actually does work within the continuity even though he hasn't got his own film (yet). It's ironic some on here don't think they'd do justice to the character since none of the films have done Spidey justice, in either the original trilogy or the not-so-Amazing reboots.

Neysha

For me, a lot of thr canon charactees that were available were either mutants,  or more often tended to be male. And I tend to orient myself towards playing female characters for various overt reasons. :P
My Request Thread

Mathim

Well, you could always do a gender-bent version of a male character, which would fit this kind of AU version of things.

Praxis

Holy balls this thing took off fast.

1st choice - Hawkeye
2nd choice - Spider-Man
3rd choice - Moon Knight

Are any of those taken yet?  Is there a list?

Mathim

Are you sure you want to play a character with no actual powers? I mean, I thought only the actually extraordinary would be in the academy...only Spidey on your list there is actually a real genuine superhuman.

Ember Star

Hawkeye is classified as a GM NPC, I think. I don't know about the others.
Quote from: Mathim on April 02, 2014, 06:04:42 PM
Are you sure you want to play a character with no actual powers? I mean, I thought only the actually extraordinary would be in the academy...only Spidey on your list there is actually a real genuine superhuman.
There's nothing wrong with characters with no powers. Frankly, they're some of my favorites because they have to use other cleverness to be awesome

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Praxis on April 02, 2014, 06:02:52 PM
Holy balls this thing took off fast.

1st choice - Hawkeye
2nd choice - Spider-Man
3rd choice - Moon Knight

Are any of those taken yet?  Is there a list?

As Ember said, Hawkeye is currently a GM NPC.

Spider-Man or Moon Knight are more than welcome.

apygoos

*waits patiently about Cassie*

arthenwel

Batman has no powers and is considered a superhero. So is Robin/Nightwing, green arrow, and ironman.

Batman4560

To be fair, DC Wiki says Arrow might have superhuman aim.

arthenwel

To be technical, wiki is able to be changed by humans and as long as the moderators there BELIEVE it's right, they will approve it. The comics and shows tell that he doesn't. He attained them by harsh punishment and the fact that his skills determined if he ate. Also, look at the series. He lost his aim while recovering. Powers wouldn't be lost temporarily due to having something to lose.

Neysha

Emma Watson is Cassandra Lang?

It's like you took two of my favorite things and put them in a blender! :D

Though I'm sure many will disagree with your choice of equipment. They already invented clothing that grows and shrinks with her? Where's the trial and error and journey of discovery into finding out the appropriate clothing to wear? With many trials... and many failures. :I feel we've missed out on a big character development opportunity by skipping over what should've been a long and exhausting process of finding the perfect uniform that can adapt to her unique abilities. ;)
My Request Thread

AribethAmkiir

Let's keep things positive. 

Batman4560

Quote from: arthenwel on April 02, 2014, 09:38:58 PM
To be technical, wiki is able to be changed by humans and as long as the moderators there BELIEVE it's right, they will approve it.

Point taken. :D

Ember Star

Speaking of wikis. Four different ones all one have like a paragraph on Pixie 's childhood. Which is fine, just means more work writing up fluffy fuller. Lol. They did tell me her height and weight though, oddly she's exactly the same height and weighed close to the same as me. Although I thought I remembered her being smaller, says she's 5'5" and 130lb (I'm 5'5" and 125lb)

AribethAmkiir

Neysha

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 02, 2014, 10:20:29 PM
Let's keep things positive.

Oh no, I feel as if I've been horribly misinterpreted. I love Emma Watson being the faceclaim of Cassandra Lang, since both are pretty awesome.

The rest of my post is just me being stoopid silly. :P
My Request Thread

Ember Star

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 02, 2014, 10:30:51 PM
She can shrink, can't she?
No. Her only natural abilities are her wings and pixie dust. Then later she can teleport  via magic and had a Soul dagger that was made when a bit of her soul was cut out of her. She has the ability to learn more magic, but hasnt yet in the comics.

Now in a alternate world she has the teleporting as one of her natural powers, not magic.

But no shrinkage

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Ember Star on April 02, 2014, 10:42:51 PM
No. Her only natural abilities are her wings and pixie dust. Then later she can teleport  via magic and had a Soul dagger that was made when a bit of her soul was cut out of her. She has the ability to learn more magic, but hasnt yet in the comics.

Now in a alternate world she has the teleporting as one of her natural powers, not magic.

But no shrinkage

Gotcha.  I looked her up when you first proposed her, but I obviously forgot what all she could do.  Stopped reading comics long before she was introduced.

Deathnote

Hmm... I'm considering playing as either Bobby Drake or Nate Summers (an amalgamation of Nate Grey and Nathan Summers).

arthenwel

Ember Star

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 02, 2014, 10:48:40 PM
Gotcha.  I looked her up when you first proposed her, but I obviously forgot what all she could do.  Stopped reading comics long before she was introduced.
I'm not a avid reader of comics myself. But somebody suggested a long time ago that I would like her and when I looked her up they were proven right. Lol. I've been considering playing her for a long time. But opportunity never lined up before.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Deathnote on April 02, 2014, 10:53:13 PM
Hmm... I'm considering playing as either Bobby Drake or Nate Summers (an amalgamation of Nate Grey and Nathan Summers).

Just a note: we're not ready for clones, time travelers, or people from the future yet.  This game universe is relatively young and you have to wait until season 2 or 3 before you start introducing people who can unravel the entire timeline.  :P

Also, if I have my way there will not be a Phoenix force introduced into this game.  Just sayin.  ;)

Ember Star

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 02, 2014, 11:01:53 PM
Also, if I have my way there will not be a Phoenix force introduced into this game.  Just sayin.  ;)
THANK YOU!

Honestly, I might be able to actually enjoy Jean without that damn Phoenix force. Hate that whole arc, main reason why I didnt like X-3

Deathnote

AribethAmkiir

GM Announcement

We're likely going to be closing recruitment within a day or so.  If you haven't posted interest, please post it.  Once recruitment is closed we won't be taking any more interested parties.

Those who have shown interest, please get your Character Sheets in.

Thanks,
~Your Friendly Neighborhood GM Staff

Batman4560

Hey I know we have been talking over PM's about my character but can I assume that I have been approved?

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Batman4560 on April 02, 2014, 11:35:51 PM
Hey I know we have been talking over PM's about my character but can I assume that I have been approved?

Not yet.  Close, but we're waiting on ebpohmr to get back online so we can talk to him about that last comment.

Please be patient.   :D

Quote from: Deathnote on April 02, 2014, 11:29:06 PM
Bobby Drake it is, then.

Bobby has been reserved for you.

Batman4560

Thanks for the heads up. I just wanted to make sure before I started looking at the OOC thread.

Keldia

Ember Star

Juggtacular

I'm gonna work on Juggernaut, but for now I'm putting up an OC.

Praxis

Quote from: Mathim on April 02, 2014, 06:04:42 PM

#nerdingout

Moon Knight has powers.  Fairly flakey ones but powers nonetheless.

As for Spider-Man...I sortof really love the character.  I'm surprised no one has grabbed him yet and I don't know if I have the writing chops to pull of Spider-Man OR Peter Parker.

However...I listed Moon Knight based on the most recent series with him where he is quite literally insane and reading it was brilliant.

Writing that...not so easy to do.

Spider-Man it is...   O.o

Juggtacular

Moon Knight does have some interesting powers. We gonna see the crazy come out?

Praxis

Quote from: Juggtacular on April 03, 2014, 01:03:18 PM
Moon Knight does have some interesting powers. We gonna see the crazy come out?

*laughs*

Fuck man...I've loved that guy since...forever.  I can't remember the comic but I remember Task Master saying he never copies Moon Knight's fighting style because Moon Knight would rather eat a punch than avoid one.  I thought that was...so good.

His latest run where he thought he was best buds with Captain America, Spider-Man and Wolverine was brilliant.

There's NO way I could do his brand of "crazy" justice.

AribethAmkiir

Reserved Spidey for Praxis. 

GM Announcement

And with that Marvel fans, we will be closing recruitment for the time being.

~Your Friendly Neighborhood GM Staff

Praxis

Juggtacular

Will I still be able to send in my OC? Since he's basically taking the place of Juggernaut and such?

ebpohmr

Quote from: Juggtacular on April 03, 2014, 01:39:04 PM
Will I still be able to send in my OC? Since he's basically taking the place of Juggernaut and such?

Yup!

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Juggtacular on April 03, 2014, 01:39:04 PM

Yes.  Anyone who has shown interest still has some time to get their Character Sheets finished and submitted.

Juggtacular

Juggtacular

Mathim

No version of Moon Knight I'd seen had any powers, but a wikicheck reveals that, eventually, he's granted some by an external force. Whichever version of him would be used still has a clear separation of which one is actually 'super' and which one isn't, of course. I wasn't actually knocking anyone for not having any powers, it's merely the fact that this academy was supposedly centered around 'special' people which sort of implies, if not strongly, that someone has some kind of talent normal humans don't. And given the age range it's unlikely that someone who may not even legally be able to smoke yet is as grizzled and well-trained as the average super-merc with the usual assortment of non-super but super-useful skills and training.

Praxis

Quote from: Mathim on April 03, 2014, 02:18:15 PM
No version of Moon Knight I'd seen had any powers, but a wikicheck reveals that, eventually, he's granted some by an external force. Whichever version of him would be used still has a clear separation of which one is actually 'super' and which one isn't, of course. I wasn't actually knocking anyone for not having any powers, it's merely the fact that this academy was supposedly centered around 'special' people which sort of implies, if not strongly, that someone has some kind of talent normal humans don't. And given the age range it's unlikely that someone who may not even legally be able to smoke yet is as grizzled and well-trained as the average super-merc with the usual assortment of non-super but super-useful skills and training.

Whew!

Good thing I went with Spider-Man then.  Thanks for the advice bro!

Mathim

Quote from: Praxis on April 03, 2014, 02:55:31 PM
Whew!

Good thing I went with Spider-Man then.  Thanks for the advice bro!

Well, I happen to like Spidey a lot more anyway. Moonie just seems kinda...blah anyway. It'll be more fun sharing classes with Peter Parker.

arthenwel

Mathim

Quote from: arthenwel on April 03, 2014, 03:40:36 PM
What do you think of mine?

'Mine' what? I'm not totally sure to which thing of yours you are referring. Your choice of character or your interpretation of said character for this incarnation? Or something else entirely?

Or were you even asking me? I'm bored.

Julles

Wow. I am gone for just a few days, and BAM, five more pages have appeares. Haha. Well, I hope my character is accepted soon so I can join the fun. :D