News:

Main Menu

UEFA EURO 2012

Started by Nico, June 07, 2012, 12:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachubka

Quote from: jouzinka on June 12, 2012, 02:01:35 PM
Rosicky injured. :-\

I swear, the boy should have gotten a double dosage of "health" as well as "football talent" when those things were dealt to him. :-(

Imagine my pain as an Arsenal fan.

Nico

Quote from: Beorning on June 12, 2012, 02:47:19 PM
No, we don't  ;D Let's be honest here...
Hey now, I've seen worse! ;) it's not like we've (UK) covered ourselves with much honour against France. It was painful to watch.

Beorning

It's a tie! I'm starting to really get some faith for our team. I really expected us to get obliterated by Russia...

Remiel

I caught the Russia-Poland game.  The Russians deemed like they dominated possession, but were sloppy and reckless when it came to scoring opportunities.  The Polish seemed like they were playing defensive, waiting to get the ball and then nail a quick counterattack.

Overall, I'd have to say the Polish strategy won out.  They still need to beat the Czechs to advance, though.

Nico

I'm looking forward to tonights game.

Go Germany! ;D

Kendra

After the Ukrainian game against Sweden, I genuinely thought that maybe the play in other games would get a bit fired up and players would actually step up to the mark.
How wrong I was, the Czech game v's Greece was awful. I cringed watching it. It was boring and full of dirty plays. I mean seriously people don't pay good money to see their team take fall after pretend fall and cry like babies for a moment only to get up again twenty seconds later because the 'miracle water spray' helped.  ::)

I didn't get any opportunity to watch the Russian game but from what I did see of the highlights, it's not like I missed much there.
I will be watching the German game only because they do play and have played really good soccer before, so I live in hope that this will not be another wasted 90+ mins of my life.

Quote from: Aleph on June 12, 2012, 09:14:00 AM

According to Wikipedia
Андрі́й Шевче́нко

Aww thank you  <3

Am not holding out any hope for Ireland against Spain, luck of the Irish or not  ::)
Our team looks like a junior B league team up against the Ukrainians and they're ranked 52 while Ireland are around 18 ... go figure  :o

Izzie Aditi

Quote from: Nicholas on June 12, 2012, 11:57:59 PM
I'm looking forward to tonights game.

Go Germany! ;D
*gives Nic the side-eye*

There are SAFETY MEASURES on the streets here, because it's a high-risk match. SAFETY MEASURES FOR FOOTBALL.

The world has gone insane.

(Go Dutchies)
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Beorning

Here's something regarding Poland - Russia game: the Warsaw fanzone at the moment of Kuba Błaszczykowski's goal:

[HD] Gigantyczna eksplozja radości po golu na 1:1 w meczu z Rosją (ponad 100 tys. ludzi)

Is it a sonic shockwave at 0:06 or what?!?  ;D

Kendra

Quote from: Beorning on June 13, 2012, 07:35:50 AM
Here's something regarding Poland - Russia game: the Warsaw fanzone at the moment of Kuba Błaszczykowski's goal:

[HD] Gigantyczna eksplozja radości po golu na 1:1 w meczu z Rosją (ponad 100 tys. ludzi)

Is it a sonic shockwave at 0:06 or what?!?  ;D

wow had to watch that a few times, that was sooo cool!  ;D

jouzinka

Quote from: Rachubka on June 12, 2012, 03:10:49 PMImagine my pain as an Arsenal fan.
I can totally feel you. He used to be such a spoil to watch, those ~ 10 years ago when he dragged Sparta further and further in Champions' League, he was just oozing talent and more importantly passion for the game and joy that he could play. Not only isn't he oozing that anymore, he hardly gets to play at all due to various injuries. I wonder whether it's because he's virtually incapable of practicing and the body therefore can't take the stress. Still a shame, though. :-\
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Nico

Quote from: Izzie Aditi on June 13, 2012, 06:38:26 AM
*gives Nic the side-eye*

There are SAFETY MEASURES on the streets here, because it's a high-risk match. SAFETY MEASURES FOR FOOTBALL.

The world has gone insane.

(Go Dutchies)
Yes, this is sad, indeed. Always the same when it's this constellation, though.

Izzie Aditi

Quote from: Nicholas on June 13, 2012, 09:45:23 AM
Yes, this is sad, indeed. Always the same when it's this constellation, though.
Yep, I had a friend who lived in the Nieuwstraat/Neustraße..that was...dramatic :P

/end negativity in the thread!!
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Ramster

A bit of hostility and a well preserved grudge work wonders to make a game  watchable. Even if the football sucks, you can hope for a riot to liven things up! :-D
Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

Kirce

Yay for Portugal! Nice intense match, I'm very happy for our neighbours :)

SunshineSparkle

Portugal/Denmark was a decent match,the Danish team missed lots of easy shots (especially the last one)

I can't see how Netherlands would defeat Germany if they play like in their first match

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Nico

Quote from: Kirce on June 13, 2012, 12:59:58 PM
Yay for Portugal! Nice intense match, I'm very happy for our neighbours :)
+1 Was a good game, indeed!

And now... yay for Germany. ~laughs~

Ramster

RVP, this isn't funny any more. SCORE ALREADY.

Yours,
A reluctant Spurs fan
A/As!!!

Izzie Aditi

What do you mean "defense" ::)?

1-0

2-0

2-1

Nico

~peeks in real fast for a halftime cheer~ Woohoo!

Nico

Izzie Aditi

Obviously the better team won :P.
* Izzie Aditi braces herself for the riots that will undoubtedly ensue.

Ramster

Victory went to the team that chose not to suck.
A/As!!!

Kirce

Go Spain go!! Also here's a funny, but real, picture about Iniesta and Oliver Atom :P

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide