Sha'ib: City of Mazes (Arabian Nights/Fantasy Sandbox LGBT Accepting Characters)

Started by Crash, February 22, 2015, 03:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

Like master to student, but that could cover both of those scenarios very easily.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

BeeJay

Count me interested. Can you elaborate on what kinds of thing animated objects can do? I assume levitate, a la magic carpets, but I am interested in learning some more. I want to make an alchemist character.
O/O

la dame en noir

I are is am excited. So much so that I forgot how to speak English properly.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Rajah

This looks great! Gonna work up some sort of djaffir alchemist or necromancy. God request:

Nivarah
Titles: The Dancing Rani, the Witch of the Knife, the Poison-Drinker, She Who Tears the Throat of Fear, She Who Sleeps in the Shadow of Wickedness
Aspects: Courage, madness, the forbidden, creative arts, martial arts
Symbol: A five-eyed black mongoose with an emerald serpent's tail.
Priesthood: Dreamers (priests); Revelers (paladins).
Herald: A naked maiden collared by an eyeless furred cobra.
Holy Days: Sethuin, the Wandering Eclipse.
Duties: To challenge tradition, to beautify one's culture, and to face the unknown.
Sins: (Minor) backing down from an implicit challenge, refusing an intoxicant or hallucinogen, ignoring the insane; (Major) backing down from a direct challenge, destroying art, neglecting to exercise body or mind, harming the insane; (Mortal) abandoning a principle out of fear, submitting to shackles of the body or mind, killing the insane
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Dhi

What would this priesthood role, paladin, actually look like in Sha'ib?

Hazy Sky

Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Madriv

Crash

Quote from: RedPhoenix on February 23, 2015, 12:16:57 AM
I've been wanting an Arabian Nights game for so long. Interest post for now. :)

Glad to have you Red.

Quote from: BeeJay on February 23, 2015, 01:23:51 AM
Count me interested. Can you elaborate on what kinds of thing animated objects can do? I assume levitate, a la magic carpets, but I am interested in learning some more. I want to make an alchemist character.

Flying Carpet, Dancing Scimitar, tools that work on thier own, making statues come to life.  That kind of stuff.  Mostly on a temporary basis.

Quote from: la dame en noir on February 23, 2015, 01:38:12 AM
I are is am excited. So much so that I forgot how to speak English properly.

Glad your excited.

Quote from: Rajah on February 23, 2015, 03:56:32 AM
This looks great! Gonna work up some sort of djaffir alchemist or necromancy. God request:

Nivarah
Titles: The Dancing Rani, the Witch of the Knife, the Poison-Drinker, She Who Tears the Throat of Fear, She Who Sleeps in the Shadow of Wickedness
Aspects: Courage, madness, the forbidden, creative arts, martial arts
Symbol: A five-eyed black mongoose with an emerald serpent's tail.
Priesthood: Dreamers (priests); Revelers (paladins).
Herald: A naked maiden collared by an eyeless furred cobra.
Holy Days: Sethuin, the Wandering Eclipse.
Duties: To challenge tradition, to beautify one's culture,
Sins: (Minor) backing down from an implicit challenge, refusing an intoxicant or hallucinogen, ignoring the insane; (Major) backing down from a direct challenge, destroying art, neglecting to exercise body or mind, harming the insane; (Mortal) abandoning a principle out of fear, submitting to shackles of the body or mind, killing the insane

What cultural group are you looking to add this too...Djaffir?

Quote from: Dhi on February 23, 2015, 04:54:57 AM
What would this priesthood role, paladin, actually look like in Sha'ib?

Depends on the God.  Some may be Oasis guards some may dedicate themselves to being a bodyguard for the clergy.  Paladins would not be very common really.  Some may be incredibly informal in nature and you would not know they were simply extremely devout warriors.

Quote from: skyre on February 23, 2015, 04:58:23 AM
Interesting Crash, very interesting. Bookmarking and rereading.

Quote from: Madmartigan on February 23, 2015, 08:21:08 AM
Definitely interested. Definitely are is am excited as well.  ;D

It looks like we have plenty of interest.  Please ask more questions and start making characters.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Rajah

Quote from: Crash on February 23, 2015, 09:12:47 AMWhat cultural group are you looking to add this too...Djaffir?

I was thinking the Bedu and by extension the Djaffir, which brings up an immediate question: do the Djaffir have their own gods? The bit about being formerly Bedu-like but settling down made me think maybe they share a pantheon.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Crash

I'm not sure the God you propose would fit well with the Bedu.  I don't think martial arts fits with the God at all to be honest.  It may be a god that is very minor and not well liked by the other gods.

The separation of the Bedu and Djaffir would have happened a long time ago so they will likely be much different.  I may make the more if an ancient Islam.  Though I have added some of the Islamic empire into the Hadaree like their pursuit of knowledge.

Ouroboros

Ooh, this looks interesting. Tentatively stating that I'll be making a Djaffir Wizir if that's all right...
Semi-Relevant Information
wants and needs | apologies and absences  | ons and offs

Crash

Djaffir Wizir is a perfectly acceptable character.  I like that we are getting a pretty diverse character interest.

Crash

I have not. I will put up some general stuff later tonight but I will leave room for player input too.

Marid are your traditional Djinn from a bottle type.  They are associate with water I believe.  Ifrit are fire Jinn.  Sila are always female.  They are tricksters and often invisible.  I would associate them with air.  Ghouls are corrupted and all sorts of vile evil.  Vetala are vampiric jinn that are associate with earth.

Jinn are notorious for their twisted sense of amusement and their magical ability.  All jinn magic is elemental though the greater Jinn are adept at wishcrafting.

Ouroboros

Along those same lines, vaguely - do the jinn-blooded have any particular advantage, or are they simply half jinn?

Crash

Since this is freeform and not a stats game it is more of an RP thing.  They tend to have some talent with magic and even those that are not Mages may have some minor magical ability from thier jinn parent.

Crash

Quote from: RedPhoenix on February 23, 2015, 02:28:29 PM
Okay that's pretty much all I needed to know.

I'm leaning towards a sort of concubine/vizier type with minor magical gifts and a talent for intrigue.

Sounds great!

BeeJay

O/O

Crash

Ouroboros

Hm... now I'm not sure if I should go the intrigue/spy route or a mask maker. I'm rather torn between the two.

Crash

Ouroboros

Crash

A Djaffir Alchemist or Wizir would be appropriate.  There are non magic masks too. You just never know if the Djaffir you are negotiating with has one or not. A Djaffir priest may be able to create one too

Djaffir will never give away the secret of thier production.  They consider them sacred.

Dhi

Ouroboros

Well, I know what I'm doing. When it's finished, should I just PM it? I may have secrets...

Crash

Quote from: Dhi on February 23, 2015, 07:01:30 PM
Are there elephants native to the region?

In the Veldt.

Quote from: Ouroboros on February 23, 2015, 07:04:07 PM
Well, I know what I'm doing. When it's finished, should I just PM it? I may have secrets...

PM me the character sheet with the secrets, but edit it and throw the non-secret version up here so people can see what is being thought about.