Black & White: a New Age....... Interist check

Started by Ironwolf85, May 18, 2010, 10:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwolf85

hello people of Elliquiy... I recently had a brainstorm.
I am looking to play a God Game Roleplay, in which the players are newly formed deities in the world of Eden.

here's the basic story background:
The First World: the world of Eden has always been populated by the tribes, the many little humans that struggle, survive, live, love and wage war. when Eden was young, the first gods arrived from distant lands, these wizards were no more than pretenders, fighting from their citidals, using the worship of the Tribes to fuel their epic magic.
Then came The One, a deity formed of ideas, who never existed as a mortal... created from worship of the Celtic Tribes. Alliances were formed, battles fought, when the dust settled The One stood as the only deity remaining...

The Age of Logic and War: the tribes began to develop somthing new, direct warfare, armies, militaries. In The age of logic and war gods seemed... less important. Without Worship, The One fell into sleep. Great battles Swept the continant, alliances of tribes were forged, broke apart and fought again. The Aztec Tribe learned how to create mana through human sacrifice and patrotic warfare, they slaughtered all in their wake.

The Return: The Greeks, lovers of culture and philophy, could not withstand the Aztec assault, their captial city burning, their allies dead or scattered. they lifted their heads toward the sky and for the first time in mellenum. a pure prayer was uttered. The One was dragged back to Eden, and awoken. he came to care for the greeks, and they in turn adopted him as their deity. he brought the greeks back from the edge of oblivion, moblized their culture and military and destroyed the Aztec empire...

The Dead God: in his mercy The One spared the aztecs from complete oblivion, a mistake he would regret. they began to turn their voices upward, they sacrificed the dead bodies of their warriors on altars. The One ignored them for corpses make terrible sactifices. the Aztecs no longer had an empire, or loved ones, or a military, to distract them from worship, and from their hate the Great Death God was created. the two gods battled across Eden life against death, the toll among the tribes and distruction caused was greater than anything ever seen on eden. volcainos, tornados, cities were crushed, the seas boiled, and the skys burned.

and then it was over.... The One emerged victorious, The Death God destroyed utterly. but there was little to rejoice about, so much had been lost, so many dead and undead.

This is the world you were born into, a young god or godess created by a pure prayer. The One remains the most powerful of the Eden bound gods. the first Creator is more powerful, but he has other worlds to take care of.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Ironwolf85

basic stuff you gotta know:

Eden is split into hundreds of Islands of all types, some massive, some small, and there are two ways to move between them. Divine portals, and risky Sailing

all gods and godesses belong to a Tribe when they start out.
the tribes are:
Greeks: the most powerful and intelligent of the tribes, the Greeks are philophers, merchants, and soldiers. it is the Greeks who are creating a Sailing Empire with their new ships. greeks can be hedonistic at times
Aztecs: brutal, and beaten, the Aztecs are a broken people
The Norse: Warlike and oppertunistic
The Japanese: Honorable, devout, and famious warriors.

Small Tribes: Celts, Tibetians, Chinese, Egyptians (nearly exterminated by aztecs)
any other tribe you can think up is fine, but these are the biggest.
Rules Next
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

elfguy

I'd play a goddess, altho I'm not sure what kind of story could be played. Romance? War? Toying with mortals?
----

Ironwolf85

Rules:
you're a god... have fun with it i even encourage doing amazing things, but there are restrictions. and for the sake of the RP, be literate.
Avatar: you have no physical Body, an Avatar is somthing or someone you poessess and modify, you cannot possess creatures that have a soul so humans are completely out. An avatar can go places you normally can't like into a place where you are not worshiped or even known.
Worship: there is no way to kill a god or godess as long a worship sustains them... this also determends what you can do with your powers... the more powerful the power, the more worship you need to pull it off.
Influence: the more influence you have over a town the more you can do. you can create a fireball or heal and throw it into a town, but not cast inside a place where you have no influence, The One has influence everywhere.

The One: he's content to build and watch over the Tribes especally the greeks, but after defeating the Death God he has rudimentry Power over Life and Death and is watchful of acending godlings. if you gain his Ire, he will Flatten your godling. (I have to keep order in the forum somehow)

Ironwolf85

Quote from: elfguy on May 18, 2010, 11:20:40 AM
I'd play a goddess, altho I'm not sure what kind of story could be played. Romance? War? Toying with mortals?
you're the godling... create your own story. I encourage it. you want to make a mortal booty call or fall in love it's up to you

elfguy

Hmm.. My Goddess would make her minions worship her out of fear, while she would make endless love to one lucky mortal. Would be very interesting.

Still I'm not sure how the various players would interact. Maybe one might declare him/herself leader of the pack and then the others would rebel, or something like that.
----

Ironwolf85

I should include a basic character sheet:
Name:
Tribe:
Divine level: 1 being a small town with a few families, 5 being a city, 10 being a large Island all the way up to 20 which is worldwide power like The One *
Prefered Avatars: (appearance)
Elements and powers:
the Pure Prayer that Created you: (this affects your traits greatly)

*player Divine level cannot exceed 10 without The One taking notice, and he starts going Chuck Norris on you at level 18

Ironwolf85

Quote from: elfguy on May 18, 2010, 11:33:34 AM
Hmm.. My Goddess would make her minions worship her out of fear, while she would make endless love to one lucky mortal. Would be very interesting.

Still I'm not sure how the various players would interact. Maybe one might declare him/herself leader of the pack and then the others would rebel, or something like that.
that's up to the godlings themselves... you all start out newly formed

elfguy

Name: Arz'Fala

Tribe: Tieflings (human like creatures with horns, who worship demons, and live on a medium sized island)

Divine level: 9

Prefered Avatars:
Arz'Fala always appears as a demonic female figure, with horns, a tail and wings. She usually brings a Lower Demon with her, as a pet and servant.

(The one on the left is her servant Lower Demon, Arz'Fala is on the right)

Elements and powers:
She is known as the Greater Demon, and rules over all Tieflings. Those who refuse to worship her are captured by the others and gifted to Arz'Fala on the top of the highest temple. Arz'Fala rules with fear. She is said to possess the power to devour any living soul, and can summon between 1 and 8 Lower Demon monsters which are very strong and can lay waste to an area. She also has access to the Lower Planes, where demons live, and can regain her strength there amongst her kind.
----

Ironwolf85

holy @#$% didn't expect a demon right off the bat... but accepted. PS: Eden has no actual hell only a grey underworld. but what Arz'Fala tells her worshipers.... that's an entirely diffrent thing altogeather.

Ramael

Just finished reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman, so am SO up for a RP like this.

I have, however, only rudimentary knowledge of the Black+White game.

Would creating your own tribe be ok? If not, or if its problematic, then I'll go with Celts, or Picts, or maybe pagans.

I would like to create a trickster god, a harlequin jester figure, a creature of masks who worships his mortals as much as they worship him. A god of indulgence and delirium (like Dionysus), and would be quite happy if I had to share a land with another player playing a calmer, more straightforward god, balancing the two out.

Avatars can be animals, am I right? Can the avatar be a half-breed, something humanoid looking, like elfguy's Arz'Fala?

Ironwolf85

actually it's fine to create your own tribe, but they're more like culture groups.
IE: Elf's tieflings might be a distant offshoot of the bloodcrazed aztecs.
there is a diffrence between your Tribe and the people that follow you within it.
before you ask Zeus, Quetiquotal, and Thor do not exist...

and yes, your character is divine, once you take an Avatar feel free to sculpt it to fit your desires. many use animals for theirs. The One uses a Lion.

I'll be playing a smaller deity character named Armand... who's creature is a horse, he's about healing and protection.

Carlissa

Since this is a Black and White RP, shouldn't there be creatures? You know, the giant animals that kill your enemies, use villagers as free weight, and poop on rival tribe's buildings?
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

sinoraa

Quote from: Carlissa on May 18, 2010, 06:08:29 PM
Since this is a Black and White RP, shouldn't there be creatures? You know, the giant animals that kill your enemies, use villagers as free weight, and poop on rival tribe's buildings?
From what i got, the "Avatar" is the creature?

elfguy

I know nothing of "Black & White" so all I base myself on is this thread, but didn't he say we don't actually have a physical form, and our avatar is the image we take as we appear to the mortals?
----

sinoraa

Well that is usually what a avatar is, and i think that's acceptable, as your profile was accepted. But in black and white, you had creatures.
Black and White 2 (lion and ape fight)
Giant animals(tough i don't think were limited to it here) that you controlled to have physical impact on the world. Where your power could not reach, the creature could go and for fill your will.

Zebu

I also have never played Black and White, so I constructed something that's probably a little 'out there.'  Comments much appreciated.  Questions also-- I've tried to be as clear as possible, but it's a case of "I know what I mean." :D

Name: Chaurn, or simply the Taker
Tribe: The Tepanec
Divine level: 15, but this can be misleading.
Chaurn's symbol is the bottomless pit:

The Pure Prayer that Created you: In their rise to power, the Aztecs walked across the bloody backs of entire islands.  One such island was Azcapotzalco, home of the once-powerful Tepanec.  This particular island rested in a converging series of currents which drew jetsam from many surrounding islands onto Azcapotzalco's shores.  The clashing currents made approach to the island difficult and dangerous without Divine aide, as well.  Therefore, the Aztecs mostly left them in peace after the initial conquest.
The Tepanec were slowly recovering when a new disaster struck-- waves of corpses.  At first (during the time of Aztec sacrifices) the bodies were few enough to deal with.  But then the Aztecs were nearly blotted out, and their bodies also washed up on the shores of Azcapotzalco.  It was harvest time, and the people were busy.  The corpses rotted, foul winds spreading disease across the island.  As children died in their parents' arms, the people hurled prayers at the sky with increasing desperation.  Their cries converged on a single word-- take.  Take the rotting bodies, take the crops dying in the fields.  Take this hunger, take this pain, take my memory of the way my daughter begged when she died, take this unending stream of misfortune that has bathed our island for as long as anyone can remember.
Their prayers were answered.  A new god stirred on the island.  This god, Chaurn, had only one law: "I will accept whatever you wish, but do not take anything back."  The plagues vanished almost overnight, offerings to the new lord of the Tepanec.  The Tepanec now spread across several islands; the distance in a direct line between them (and only that particular distance) was "taken," making for most unusual geography.

Prefered Avatars:

Chaurn's avatars are seen most frequently at sea.  Briefly.  They function as passive creatures, but their appearance often inspires fearful humans to provoke them...

Chaurn's presence is best felt on land by absence, as befitting his nature.  Rather than using an avatar, he generally sends human beings who gave themselves to the Taker.  It's more common than you might think.  The humans always carry some object marked with Chaurn's symbol.  Occasionally these humans give the mind of an animal to the Taker, allowing it to serve as an Avatar, but this is rare and generalyl only happens if someone wishes to speak with Chaurn directly.

Elements and powers:
Chaurn does not wield traditional powers over the elements, or healing, or any of the other 'miracles' by which most deities makes their presence known.  Rather, Chaurn exists to Take.  Anything and everything can be dedicated to the Taker, from a plague to a criminal to a single feather to "my pain" to "my death."  It is possible to give something to the Taker almost anywhere, but it is harder to attract Chaurn's attention in places where he is not normally invoked.
After Dedication, that which is dedicated will speedily be claimed by Chaurn (just how speedily is dependent on the scope of the "offering."  "Claimed" might not involve the offering being removed from the world).  He provides no recompense or blessing for taking what people value, and asks no payment or offering for removing what they hate and fear.  But he never gives anything back...  Sometimes he does use what (or who) he's been given, though.
Live forever or die trying.

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.

sinoraa

Perhaps they should be able to take human form? Perhaps you have a plan, but im having a hard time to see disembodied gods interact.

Zebu

That's what the Avatars are for, right?  I mean, they look like large animals, but they can talk and all that, right?

If that's not the case, what would people think of some kind of neutral supernatural area where gods interact with astral bodies?
Live forever or die trying.

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.

sinoraa

Lets wait for Ironwolf85, to come on and explain

sinoraa

(reposted)
Name: Aryia the Vanguard
Tribe: Norse
Divine level: 18
Prefered Avatars: Just like her warriors, Aryia got the power to change between human and a bear form, although her bear form, is notably bigger then that of her warriors.

Elements and powers: Aryia got all the average powers of a god, such as, fire, water, and healing. But she also got the power to embedded the powers of her avatar, into her warriors, turning them into giant bearlike creatures.
She also got the power to summon a pack of bears and wolves to aid her in battle. In worse case scenarios she got access to three of the greater miracles, earthquake, hurricane, and the siren. Tough she does not use these miracles lightly, as she is a peacekeeper, and does not enjoy the thought of mass murder, or twist the will of mortals. While she does not have the power to resurrect dead people, there's an ancient tomb, in the north, which allows spirits to rise to fight again. Arya knows of this tomb, and berries her greatest warriors there, to serve when called for.

the Pure Prayer that Created you: After the war with the Aztecs, the Norse had suffered great losses. Their clans were scattered, and war broke out in the north. The chief of the main clan, had recently lost his only son when he got to his knees, and prayed. Praying for something to unite the clans once again, and raise the north to another golden age, which they'd enjoyed generations ago.

Ironwolf85

on Avatars
the Gods and godesses cannot take physical form on Eden, and must thus use Avatars. the Creatures from the game are cool but not persional enough, more like your biggest minion/pet than your actual form. Animals and supernatural creatures can be used to create Avatars. if some nature Godess wanted to take a Tree and mold it into the shape of a human then twist it till it looked completely human on the ourside, it would take time, but she could.

In laymans terms, it starts as somthing basic and soulless, a beast, a fish, a tree, heck even a base elementlike stone or water if you've got the centuries. The god or godess then shapes it to their desires and needs. think of it as custom clothes.

maybe I'll have an area where the Deities can meet spirit to spirit so to speak, like a Religious captial.
I'm going to start the RP friday and see where it goes.

Ironwolf85

not going to play him but he sould have a character sheet.

Name: The One
Tribe:Greek Ex:celtic
Divine level: 20
Prefered Avatars:

he prefers a golden greek lion with blue Celtic Body paint under his Bronze greek armor. he does not use his Avatar often.

His Symbol:

Elements and powers: The One practically wrote the Divine book on powers and how to use them both subtly and effectively. everything from fire to lightning, to worse if he is truely pissed. he's the only deity that can affect Life and Death due to his defeat of the Death God Cizin. He has many more subtle and terrifying powers including Epic meracles that can smash a city flat, or Siren's Call that can turn an entire army against it's leaders. most of his power is spent helping towns grow and thrive watering crops, protecting buildings and growing forests for lumber even occasionally building his own temples.
the Pure Prayer that Created you: a small Celtic town was on the verge of starvation, and they began to pray. the Young godling, they created was thrust into a divine war between the Old Gods and emerged at the top.
since his re-summoning and leading the Greeks to Victory he's brought a golden Age of culture and philophy to Eden as it's most powerful deity. he belevies in getting his hands dirty when building a new city.

Ironwolf85

and for mine
Name: Armand
Tribe: has followers of multiple tribes, mainly Celtic, Japanese, and some Aztec reminants.
Divine level: 7
Prefered Avatars:
no pictures fitting my ideas. Armand orignally started with a celtic wolf, and indeed keeps it close at hand in his orignal city. But when he discovered a mounted japanese expidition on the island he took one of their finest war horses and molded it into his Avatar. they converted soon after.
his new Avatar is a powerful and proud looking black stallion made humanoid and painted Celtic with Celtic Blue. he tends to wear only armor from the waist down, he carries a spear and Katana.
Elements and powers: Armand is a protective War god, believing in preemptive strikes, and protecting and honoring to one's people. his powers revolve around healing, shielding, and empowering mortals. As such he has a growing following among the japanese. he has powerful Healing, Shield, and Verdant meracles in his corner.
The Pure Prayer that Created you: Norse raiders attacking a celtic village, the people cried out for protection, Armand turned the Raiders into various animals. since then he's become a deity of protection, warfare, with a bit of animal thrown in.
it is said that his passion for protection and love of mortals goes into a more physical domain than most deities. (yes he sleeps with his female followers on occasion)

Ramael

I'll get my God posted up soon, bust at the moment, but it will probably be on friday, so in time to join the game thread.

I'm reckoning he's about divinity level 11.

Also, to confirm, my tribe would be pagan. Although this is more of a school of belief, so maybe my tribe should be the celts, and my worshippers pagan...does it matter which one I call them in this context?