The Siege of Carisbrooke Castle: OOC thread

Started by Valerian, December 11, 2009, 01:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

QuoteYeah, gotta say Aiden, your style of play made you few friends...

But that's the point!  You never vote for the obvious jerk! It's always the nice ones that you have to watch out for!

Remiel sighs as more innocents are added to the ghostly realm.

Haibane

But... but... the game has grown in popularity. I think there might be some noobs here suffering and learning...

Remiel

Well, we all live and learn.  Or at least learn, at any rate.  ;D

As for me, since I'm dead, I plan to do what I always do when I get killed off, which is to act smug and aloof and say "I told you so!" no matter what happens.  :)

Haibane

Aiden

Quote from: Haibane on January 06, 2010, 10:58:49 AM
Yeah, gotta say Aiden, your style of play made you few friends...

One to chalk up to experience I think... :P

It backfired for me in this game, In the past is works. Besides these games gets my brain going since it is short as a game and lets me fit into a specific roll, like a mini writing prompt.

Imogen

They killed me!! *shakes ghostly fist* Go Go Team!! Avenge us!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

LadySky

*coughs and gags upon dastardly poison* Well played, well played! LOL
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Haibane

Valerian - ref your last post; I don't think there's a healer anymore...

Valerian

You can actually vacation in the real Carisbrooke Castle.  :)  English Heritage, an organization devoted to preserving buildings and monuments, has converted some of the former staff rooms (dating back to the castle's time as the home of the governor of the Isle of Wight) into holiday flats for travellers.

And yes, this is also a nudge -- if we could pick up the voting a little, guys, that would be great.  :)

P.S. I just really missed having a healer around.  Yeah, that's it.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

*Pokes people politely with a pointy stick*

SleepyWei

Sorry about being absent. I don't have the best of internet connections or a lot of time these days :/

LadySky

I never begged! Lady Moirae lies she does! I never begged!

I'll deny it to my grave.....um....wait....uh....>>.<<

grrrrrr. 8-)
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Haibane

Is this the OOC thread? Ah yes, it is...

Its a funny... funny? Is that the right word? Odd. Peculiar. Aspect of playing this game online that people still roleplay. I say 'still' with an emphasis because RPing seems irrelevant to me in such a game. Down inside I'm a cold logical calculating person and all this huffing and bluffing and RPing which is patently irrelevant within the game's mechanics makes me smile. The more people do it the more I know they're guilty! *giggles*

Thoughts?

Am I wrong?

... I probably am, its usually the case.

Remiel

I can't speak for everyone, but I like to ham it up whichever role I'm cast in.  Conspirator, counselor, detective, peasant...whatever I am, I like to have fun with it.  After all, it's nice to be on the winning team, but what really makes games like these enjoyable is watching people really get into it. 

And after all, a little bit of dramatic acting might, just might, help throw someone off your scent. ;)

Amberghylles

Just a head's up.  I will be out of town from tomorrow morning until Monday evening. 

Valerian

Okay.  Since it looks like the rebels will win soon anyway, I've pulled out a couple of people who aren't able to play any more and posted the lynching.

Since I suspect that the setting was popular, though, and the real problem was mainly the sheer number of players (and to a lesser extent, the ratio of rebels to councilors); I'm willing to try Carisbrooke Castle again, with my usual max of twelve players, if there's still that much interest.  If necessary, a second game (same setting or not, as you like) can be started up once the first one is underway.  :)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

Autumn52

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Mithlomwen

Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

country

Yeah!  Thank-you  Count me in please Val. 

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Amberghylles

LadySky

sinera

O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"