Pineapple on Pizza?

Started by TerribleTira, March 05, 2018, 04:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crystalis

Pineapple on pizza is what I live for. It is an absolute asset and benefit to society!

Various

My stance on all food controversies is simple. Whether or not to put pineapple on pizza, mustard on hotdogs, etc. is up to the person eating it. If I want to make a pizza covered in hot sauce, strawberry yogurt, and balsamic vinegar, it's my stomach it's going into.
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

The Lovely Tsaritsa

I miss my pizza. Pineapple on pizza, it’s ok, with ham. But, I love my meatball pizza, so my ch more. And, from Neptune Pizza, where I used to get, its the best!  ;D

MasterMischief

Quote from: Various on March 09, 2019, 03:06:48 AM
My stance on all food controversies is simple. Whether or not to put pineapple on pizza, mustard on hotdogs, etc. is up to the person eating it. If I want to make a pizza covered in hot sauce, strawberry yogurt, and balsamic vinegar, it's my stomach it's going into.

Sure.  But you are still wrong.

Adiasporical

I like pineapple pizza, but I really don't think it's all that great and should be praised for something. Yes, a great choice, but also not the only one, although the knowledge that people might get more emotional about getting pineapples on pizza, it's advisable to ask others before ordering. Y'know, just as much as simply always asking others before ordering a pizza.
With love,

Adiasporical.

Check out my: O/O's, A/A's.
Current status: Getting back on track. Partners welcome.

LostInTheMist

When I was young, yes. I don't think I've tried it in close to 20 years now. I wonder what I would think now. I'd probably pick the pineapple off and eat it separately. Canadian bacon is pretty decent on its own.
My Apologies and Absences  Updated April 1, 2024

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: House sitting. Will not be replying until I return. See my A/As for details.

CalicoWolf

As someone who's worked at multiple pizza places over the years and tried so many different pizzas, pineapple pizza is still my favorite! Bacon and pineapple pizza... mmm. Oh, how I wish I could have one right now!  :-\ But, I just had my wisdom teeth pulled, so no pizza for me. *sadness*

sweetpotato

Pineapple on pizza is amazing. Stuff tradition!
I also really love egg on pizza. That is amazing.

NomDeGuerre

Personally, I don't prefer pineapple on my pizza, but if I am hungry and it's on it, I don't mind it. But it's sorta like many other things for me, if you're buying it then you should get it how you like it. If someone else is buying it, have it how they like it.

NomDeGuerre

Keep company with those who make you better. –English Proverb

DukeJohn

I guess this falls under the parameters of "other controversies"?

It's my favorite pizza topping. I like just pineapple and extra cheese.

Mathim

Quote from: CriminalMindsFan on May 29, 2018, 07:44:00 PM
Recently someone told me they don't like the red sauce on pizza and prefer getting white sauce or no sauce on pizza.

It may not necessarily be that they don't like the red, but they're tired of it, as I am. I only ever get red if it's the only thing available or if I'm in a group that doesn't want to think outside the box. Typically what I prefer is going to places that have pesto sauce, that's the tip-top. Although, if that's what sauce is used, it's not going to be one that I would think would do well combined with pineapple. Only that savory garlic sauce truly brings out the pineapple magic.

Some places do have a red sauce that I truly do not like, though. Olive Garden (I know they're not synonymous with pizza but they have it) has a red sauce with a kind of unpleasant sweetness that just hits me the wrong way no matter what it's combined with, whether it's their cheesy lasagna, their spaghetti and meatballs, or their chicken parmesan. Luckily I've not gone to any dedicated pizza places that have a red sauce I've found distasteful. But it's never as complimentary of the pineapple as the white sauce. Red is kind of the 'universal donor' type of sauce where basically any topping will be fine with it but it doesn't enhance any of them. Pesto is good for enhancing many veggie and meat combinations. White garlic sauce is fantastic for jazzing up the salty, greasy meat toppings and making the pineapple's flavor absolutely pop!
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).