Legend of the Five Rings Interest Check.

Started by lorcan, December 29, 2010, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lorcan

This game will use the third edition of the L5R roll keep system. The focus of this game at least for the start will be a politically oriented game . The premise will be the alliance of the Minor Clans seeking redress for hostile actions taken by the Lion Clan against a Dragonfly clan and this occurred during a joint mission by the Minor Clans the Dragonfly had a death result of the interference of the  Lion and various other clans had injured Bushi and the Tortoise clan had Merchant relations damaged and the Minor clans seek redress and accompany the Tortoise Clan Courtier  chosen to represent all the Minor Clans Claims against the Lion clan.To get this started I would need every Minor Clan represented by players, though I'm not restricting anyone from playing Major clans either.Bushi Shujenga  and Courtiers will all have a place in this game.

kckolbe

Wow, huge L5R fan here and would love to be a part of this.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

lorcan

Admiral J

Regrettably, I only own the 4th edition of the rules.  From what I've heard the differences are significant, but if you think we can get around them I would be interested in participating.

lorcan

Yep cause ill be more then willing to work with you and any changes need to be made from fourth to third id  be more then happy to point when i go over you sheet.

kckolbe

I wouldn't call them significant.  The biggest thing I saw as different is that untrained skill checks have a +5 TN penalty in 3rd
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

lorcan

So what clans do you guys have in mind  and will you be Bushi, Courtiers or Shujenga.

kckolbe

Hm.  I likely will not play a shugenja, but bushi and courtier are both likely.  As for clan, still undecided, and will put the decision off until some folks with more set ideas express their preference.  By the way, I think a Lion representative should be present (though you might be playing that)

Intro Thread

lorcan

Absolutely a Lion representative will be their  they will be an npc but i wont ban other Lion players. Ill be playing the Bushi who was in charge of the attack.

Admiral J

How does a Four Temples monk, formerly a Bayushi-trained courtier of the Shosuro family sound?  He could be political "advisor" to a representative of any of the minor clans.

lorcan

Hmm Bayushi is a scoprion clan family if im correct?

kckolbe

Yup, the original Scorpion family and still in charge

Intro Thread

lorcan

Well you have become a monk but are you ties to family and clan still strong cause then id have a way to tie you in

Admiral J

Oh, absolutely.  I figure this fellow has decided to seek spiritual enlightenment, but he holds no grudges against his family or school -- and as a Scorpion he is hardly above showing a little favoritism to his extended family.

I am sure he even still wears the mask.

I'm still working on the details, but for clarity's sake he's not a Bayushi -- he's Shosuro.  He just trained in the Bayushi courtier school.

HairyHeretic

Aren't monks supposed to renounce their worldly ties? I couldn't see a monk still wearing a scorpion mask, especially if he was still retaining any kind of loyalty to his clan?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Admiral J

Monks of the Four Temples are specifically supposed to embrace their worldly ties, sez the book.

I am hard pressed to see the Scorpion mask as something you just stop wearing.  It represents atonement (or punishment, however you prefer to see it) for an act so heinous it tainted the future of an entire clan.  This fellow may no longer be a Scorpion clan courtier, but that doesn't mean that becoming a monk magically frees him from his family's shame.  The kami won't forget; I don't see why he should.

Pumpkin Seeds

Is this before or after the Mantis Clan ascend to become a Major Clan?

kckolbe

Actually, about what time period are you planning on running this?

Intro Thread

lorcan

lorcan

Pumpkin Seeds

I'll have to see if I can find my Minor Clans book.  Will probably need some help getting used to 3rd edition again since I'm now used to 4th.

lorcan

Their is also some information on the Minor Clans in the core book if that will lend you  a hand.

Pumpkin Seeds

Right now I'm toying with the idea of a Dragonfly shugenja.

lorcan

Okay Cool, Good i need that clan represented since Shugenja of your Clan where slaughtered by the Lion Clan.

Pumpkin Seeds

kckolbe

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on December 30, 2010, 10:37:11 AM
Eeeep..

It's okay.  Chances are they won't slaughter you all again and destroy your castle.  You might get challenged to a surprise rape-jutsu duel though.

Intro Thread

Admiral J

Quote from: kckolbe on December 30, 2010, 10:59:43 AMYou might get challenged to a surprise rape-jutsu duel though.

Oh, are we allowing Goju characters?  ;D

lorcan

The Goju Im going to say probably not considering the Blood speakers when they Betrayed Daigotsu didnt leave much of them alive when their leader ran off and even those that may have hung around were most likely destroyed when the great clans and the seppun marched on them with the aide of the Naga.

Um just fyi The lion never made it to the Dragonflys territory  two armies blocked the Lions way and they were the Phoenix clans army and the Dragon Clans army.

Admiral J

Sorry, Lorcan; I was just kidding around. :)

lorcan

lorcan

Okay is theiry any questions concerns i can get to help anyone get people started?