Main Menu

Bioshock Reveal.

Started by Callie Del Noire, August 17, 2010, 06:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Wolfy

Lol..I wonder how good it will be..:P

Callie Del Noire

Just realized that the 'Big Daddy' things boots were painted up like wingtips and the arm had what looked like 'cuffs' painted on them. :D

I wonder if the new Big Daddy has a butler type look to them.

grayfoxz

I wouldnt be suprised, I am more curious about the new powers the'll be introducing. with a flying city there has got to be a levitate power somewhere :D I realy love this setting :O :)

Wolfy

Well, The original became pretty much tapped out after Bioshock 2.

I wonder how this one will fit into Cannon? Was the maker of this flying city inspired by Andrew Ryan?..it seems like it will be set years after when Rapture was created (or Decades..whatever)

And plus...O_o..How the **** do you conceal a flying city? An Underwater City is easy to hide..but a flying one is kinda...yeah. O-o

Ooh, ooh..let me guess. It's at the Bermuda Triangle, and it's why all those jets/pilots disappeared! :D And any Ships that got close, they either Sank or raided. :P

^-^ Totally just spoiled the plot for all of you. Lol (Not really, of course..just guessing. :P)

grayfoxz

as far as i've heard, it has nothing to do with ryan.
The city was a public project but the city was appearantly lost (flying to high for the planes in that time, i dont know?? ) and the player finds it one way or another. Thats all i know so far.

Wolfy

Bah..I'm sure we'll discover some connection to Ryan in some way..o3o He's everywhere, man.

grayfoxz

Jocelyn Isnt Here

I heard that this story is unrelated to Ryan and that they might include things that loosely relate to him in the plot of the game. Supposedly this is about a guy and his women trying to escape the falling city... does the sound about right?
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

grayfoxz

Hmm, havn't heard of it. But judging from the trailer that is a good possibility. The city seemed to have some problems as i can recall.

Xenolord

That's no normal Big Daddy. It's a machine. A machine, surviving by a human heart.

Awesome! Looks like a good concept. I wonder how long before we see Bioshock Online... >.>

grayfoxz

Online?? no, online would be overkill. The concept of a city underwater (or in the sky) for an online game, yes. But if you add a biosshock theme to that, you would get to much of the same things.and power vs power. no that wouldnt work.
Not every game needs an mmo version.

Xenolord

I didn't say it needed it. Warcraft really didn't need an MMO, but that didn't stop Blizzard. All I'm sayin' is MMO's, especially based on popular series', are goldmines.

grayfoxz

True that. Although the warcraft world is big enough to make an mmo versatile. I believe bioshock still has a long way to go before getting there.

Xenolord

True dat. Anyhow, I can't wait to see how Bioshock: Infinate playes, and I probably might consider buying it *Once I finish paying off Fallout: New Vegas*

Sabby

I don't want it to be lost... had enough of being a lone man in a ghostly, crumbling city. This 'Columbia' looks like it's functioning well and a bit more advanced then Rapture... so I see sleeker weaponry and technology, friendly NPC's and the like... I actually want to be around to see the downfall of Columbia, just like everyone wanted Bioshock 2 to be a prequel and see the civil war of Rapture.

Hopefully, Infinite will give me what Bioshock needs at this point. Some change that doesn't ruin it.

Inkidu

Meh, I don't know. It looked awfully Disney-ish to me. Bioshock was awesome. Still I don't think I'm as happy as I could be. Flying cities have been done, though I love the American feel. That's something Bioshock 1 or 2 doesn't have. They went for European style more than American though it does look similar. Still after 2K and Irrational kind of fumbled the ball on Bioshock 2 I'm not that stoked.

Bioshock 2's story was the highpoint. I actually kind of liked it. It proved to me that the studios aren't very bold though when it comes to gameplay. I mean seriously. You play a Big Daddy in 2 and you might as well have been Jack with a drill. They boasted new powers and different abilities for level three. Going from shot to a stream for every level 3 attack power didn't really make me want to go level 3 on any others. That was kind of lame.

If they can take a more bold, risky step up then I might get it but Bioshock 2 was such a letdown on that front.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Inkidu

Actually I'm going to halfway retract my statement about it being Disney-ish. After reading the G.I. article I kind of get what they're going for so I hope it delivers on the game play part.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.