1887 - Wild West, Outlaws and Scoundrels - Recruitment

Started by GnothiSeauton, August 13, 2023, 11:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzly

I'd like to introduce you all to Haylon Cash.  Folks call him Hazard but he would like me to assure you that it is for all the right reasons.   Just ignore those slanderous rumours that aim to besmirch his good character. 

Good being a rather subjective term.
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Wolfling72

Gnothi, could I request Mario Blanco for an NPC? Sin is going to need a guy around to keep the girls and herself safe whilst they are traveling. He'd be an extra gun at the very least.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Andronica

My li'l hellion Zani is finally up for connections. Her history is a bit of a WIP pending some connections.

Please don't take it personally if she refuses small talk. ;)

TheLaughingOne

oohhhhh god... this tickles at an itch ive had for a while.....
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: TheLaughingOne on August 19, 2023, 11:53:12 AM
oohhhhh god... this tickles at an itch ive had for a while.....

Join us!

I just submitted a request for our own board and if/when that's granted, I'll be launching some of the threads for people to get started.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Kaya

Honiahaka has just been approved. I'm looking forward to this!  :-)

TheLaughingOne

My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

DrMcQuark

Hi,

Just wanted to drop by. My plate has become a little more full than I like, so I am going to withdraw my flag of interest for now. If I can get up to speed again, I might pop back in.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: DrMcQuark on August 30, 2023, 02:54:20 PM
Hi,

Just wanted to drop by. My plate has become a little more full than I like, so I am going to withdraw my flag of interest for now. If I can get up to speed again, I might pop back in.

Sorry to hear this! I hope its a good kind of busy! c:

Tokyorose627

Mmm, I'm tempted but I gotta think of a good character to make.

Edit: Nah, I'll try my hand at making a sheet! If I need to reserve a faceclaim in case, could I reserve Jeremy Renner? I got an idea for a character. :D

GnothiSeauton

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Tokyorose627

Deamonbane

Ooooh interesting. Would like to place a tentative faceclaim... ah, claim on Ben Barnes and Kit Young, if they be still available.

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Deamonbane on September 06, 2023, 04:43:18 PM
Ooooh interesting. Would like to place a tentative faceclaim... ah, claim on Ben Barnes and Kit Young, if they be still available.

Will do! Glad to see our paths crossed again :D

Things are just getting started with the group and the opening of the main story thread. Easy to get going with things right where they are.

Seeking New Stories

Tokyorose627

Cory Winchester
Hawkeye

Character Name and Aliases: Cory Winchester, “Hawkeye”

Writer Name: Tokyorose627

Face Claim: Jeremy Renner

Physical Information:  Cory stands at 6’0, with short cut dark brown hair. Usually, side swept in a somewhat unkempt fashion, Winchester usually makes up for this by wearing a white cowboy hat, given to him from someone in his past. Cream colored skin slightly tanned from the western heat, rough callouses blend along his palms from the hard labor Cory has done in his life, both past and present. A shadow of facial hair etches along his skin, forming stubble along his jaw and face. The years haven’t been kind to Cory in the five years passed, a seriousness in his eyes that wasn’t there prior.

Personality:Cory has been seen as the somewhat reserved type, usually planning on his lonesome, thinking of the next course of action when in the Gang. While he minded his own business, he never shied away from getting involved with other gang members, having a drink and socializing when he had the time. At times he would even drop his distant persona to get to know others, and to find commonality in the other criminals he affiliated himself with.
5 years later though, and those that meet him now can see that something has changed in him. He’s still social, can hold a conversation and can throw back quips and insults when the time arises, but those that truly know Cory know that something happened to him in the years he’s been away. The more charming and open demeanor has faded, more so a mask to hide and fool any that try to dig a bit deeper into his past without the Gang.

Known Biography: Cory has always been used to being alone, on account of being abandoned by his folks when he was just a kid. Having to fend for himself at such a young age, he became a thief, stealing whatever means he could take, and he never cared about the consequences. Pickpocketing, stealing food, smuggling himself onto wagons destined for other small towns across the state lines; it didn’t matter to him.

It wasn’t until Cory was caught by the local sheriff of a town that he thought his life would be over, sent to the cells, or worse. However, the sheriff saw the value in his skills, and promised him a warmer bed and food if he could help him with information gathering. Finding the right people, getting the info that one wouldn’t suspect an orphaned kid to even understand, Cory agreed. For years, Cory became a tracker, helping the sheriff gather intel on who he needed to find, of criminals that were causing rowdy business in the streets. He wasn’t his father, Cory knew that for sure and dismissed it out right every time, but the sheriff was the closest thing that he ever had to a fatherly figure.

What the Sheriff didn’t expect was for Cory to take his skills with him as he grew older, using them for the same people that he had helped put away. Tracking was a hard skill, a commodity that not everyone was keen on in the West, and with that came potential profit for Cory. Much older, he began bartering his talents to others, from sheriffs, to local citizens, to the dirtiest of criminals. It wasn’t until he got word that someone was looking for him, The McGraw Outfit, after he had unknowingly helped in a heist of theirs. With the option of being held an accomplice and getting arrested, or leave his life behind to bring his talents to the McGraw Gang, Cory took the latter.

Since the Botched Job: Cory, contrary to his formerly outspoken and talkative personality with the gang, has been living a rather quiet life. Having a patch of land off in the West, a small farmhouse a few miles off the West of a town. Living alone, Cory tends to his work, raising a horse he’s had with him for a few years, while also keeping records of past and present informants he used to have contact with. Those that know him can tell that something is on his mind, a bigger plan at play than what he usually reveals.

Specialty or Role: Info Gatherer, Sharp Shooter

Notoriety: Cory has bounties for his arrest, mostly on the counts of murders from heists and other gang related fights that had occurred over the years. His most notable bounty is that of $500, having ended up killing the Mayor of a local town on account of his corruption to both the town citizens, and the McGraw Gang after double crossing them. The dubious acts of the Mayor were never fully revealed to the the townsfolk on account of the Mayor’s caution, leaving Cory to take the full blame.[font]

Honor:  7

Horse: Cory’s horse. While he tells those in public the horse’s name is Jax, the horse’s real name is Kamali meaning “Brave” in Choctaw. 

Weapons:  Standard bolt action rifle. Revolver strapped to his side. An engraved knife, with a hand crafted leather handle.

Skills:

• Tracking: Cory’s skills in tracking people is his greatest tool. With gathering intel on those that have arrived, left, or are stuck in place, Cory writes it all down.
  • Rivaled Marksmen: A sharpshooter in his own right, Cory sticks to shooting his target from vantage points or from distances. Keeping to the shadows to deliver a revolver shot, only getting closer to his enemies when the time arises or is needed.

Weaknesses:

• Temper: Cory has had a temper, though usually controlled. Some things will set him off however, especially when it comes to ill-minded and racially charged sentiments towards the Native tribes of the West.
  • Secretive: Cory’s been more tightlipped about his intentions joining back up with the Gang, and he’s sure that someone will notice. While he simply says it’s for the money, those with keener sense can tell the man has a bigger plan at play.

Goals: The money is something Cory could do with, but it’s not his end goal. With the heist he know they’ll be taking, comes information on people, and certain groups. Cory’s looking for the whereabouts of a certain individual and will do whatever it takes to find out where they’re hiding.

Likes: Alcohol, sleep, quiet, night skies, nature. Cory prefers a partner who can be both strong willed and vulnerable, someone more that trusts him and will work alongside him equally. While many men prefer a vulnerable and docile woman as a partner, Cory wants to find someone that can hold their own, and can allow him to be open without judgement.

Dislikes: Very talkative people, soldiers (Confederates especially), betrayal, selfish ‘protectors’, killing without cause, racism against others (more notably the Natives), politicians

Other Important Information: Cory is currently on the hunt for information regarding Preston Walker and the Marauders. On a path of revenge for killing a friend of his, he searches for information and ways to get closer towards his goal. Whether the path to revenge is the right one or not, Cory isn’t too sure, but he knows he wishes to avenge his friend’s death.

mainsnoires

Hello all,
I'd like to inquire and know if you are still recruiting for this game? I'm quite interested in joining, I'll need to think of a character, but this setting is appealing...

Wolfling72

Quote from: mainsnoires on September 28, 2023, 02:51:04 AM
Hello all,
I'd like to inquire and know if you are still recruiting for this game? I'm quite interested in joining, I'll need to think of a character, but this setting is appealing...

Do It. Come and play. *nods, nods*
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

GnothiSeauton

Hello all,

Come on in.  We're just getting going and still plenty of time to jump on in.

Seeking New Stories

xPeachyPuff

Hello all,

Definitely come join us! We'd love to have you :D

mainsnoires

Here is an attempt at a character sheet:

Jasper "Snakebite" Caine

Jasper "Snakebite" Caine
Slim Jim

Character Name and Aliases: Jasper "Snakebite" Caine, also known as Slim Jim

Writer Name: Mainsnoires

Face Claim: Viggo Mortensen

Physical Information: Jasper stands at 6'0" with a lean and wiry build, his frame marked by the harsh life on the frontier. Sun-worn skin, dusty brown hair that's seen better days, and a pair of piercing green eyes that seem to hide a multitude of secrets. He sports a few scars, most notably a jagged one running on his chin, a memento of a close call during a past job. Always dressed in worn leather and faded denim, he's the personnification of a frontier wanderer.

Personality: Jasper is a charismatic and quick-witted conman with a devil-may-care attitude. He's charming when he needs to be, but beneath the smooth talk lies a cunning and opportunistic streak. He's a survivor, willing to do whatever it takes to come out on top. Jasper is resourceful and adapts to situations, often finding a way out of tight spots with a clever ruse or a fast getaway.

Known Biography: Jasper Caine, also known as Slim Jim in some circles, has a reputation as one of the slickest conmen. Jasper's escapades are often accompanied by a sly grin and a knack for slipping out of handcuffs just when the law thinks they've got him cornered. Though he's spent time behind bars, he's always managed to talk or swindle his way out.

Despite his dubious profession, Jasper has a certain code of honor. He never cheats those who can't afford it, and he's known to help the less fortunate when he can. That said, he's not above fleecing a corrupt banker or duping a crooked sheriff.

Since the Botched Job: After the disastrous heist in 1882 that led to the gang's disbandment, Jasper has been living life on the run. He's kept a low profile, taking on odd jobs and short cons to make ends meet. Yet, the desire for one last big score to secure a life of comfort still burns within him. He knows the past is never far behind, and he might need to make a daring move to clear his name or disappear for good.

Specialty or Role: Jasper specializes in the art of deception and manipulation. He's a master of forgery, and quick thinking, making him an important member of the gang when it comes to outsmarting rivals or pulling off elaborate cons.

Notoriety: Jasper Caine is known as a charming rogue and a slippery conman. There are whispers of his sharp card-playing skills, tales of townsfolk who fell victim to his clever schemes, and local lawmen who are ever vigilant for his return. His mischievous exploits are remembered in scattered wanted posters, offering rewards for information on his whereabouts, and colorful stories of his narrow escapes from the grasp of the law are told around campfires and in the dimly lit corners of saloons.

Honor: 6 (In the grey)

Horse: A sturdy but unremarkable chestnut mare named "Whisper."

Weapons: Jasper carries a finely crafted derringer concealed in his boot, a switchblade in his pocket, and a small but trusty Colt Peacemaker revolver hidden under his coat. His weapons are his last line of defense when charm and wit fail him.

Skills:

• Master of Persuasion: Jasper has a silver tongue, capable of talking his way into or out of nearly any situation.
  • Quick Thinker: He excels at making split-second decisions, crucial in the fast-paced world of cons and heists.

Weaknesses:

• Short-Temper: Jasper's quick wit can turn into a fiery temper when pushed too far, potentially leading to impulsive actions.
  • Debt: He's made enemies over the years, and some debts are catching up with him, making him vulnerable to blackmail or threats.

Goals: Jasper's ultimate goal is to pull off the perfect con, one that would set him up for life and allow him to retire in comfort far from the prying eyes of the law.

Likes: Good whiskey, a well-played hand of poker, and the thrill of outsmarting those who underestimate him.

Dislikes: Being double-crossed, nosy lawmen, and anyone who thinks they can see through his schemes.

Other Important Information: Jasper has a network of informants and contacts scattered across frontier towns, giving him access to valuable information and potential allies in his cons. He also has a knack for spotting a mark from a mile away, often sizing up potential targets with a shrewd eye.

WickedLittleWitch

Im super super interested may I please join?? I promise im a good writer!!

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: mainsnoires on October 01, 2023, 01:20:54 PM
Here is an attempt at a character sheet:

Jasper "Snakebite" Caine

Jasper "Snakebite" Caine
Slim Jim

Character Name and Aliases: Jasper "Snakebite" Caine, also known as Slim Jim

Writer Name: Mainsnoires

Face Claim: Viggo Mortensen

Physical Information: Jasper stands at 6'0" with a lean and wiry build, his frame marked by the harsh life on the frontier. Sun-worn skin, dusty brown hair that's seen better days, and a pair of piercing green eyes that seem to hide a multitude of secrets. He sports a few scars, most notably a jagged one running on his chin, a memento of a close call during a past job. Always dressed in worn leather and faded denim, he's the personnification of a frontier wanderer.

Personality: Jasper is a charismatic and quick-witted conman with a devil-may-care attitude. He's charming when he needs to be, but beneath the smooth talk lies a cunning and opportunistic streak. He's a survivor, willing to do whatever it takes to come out on top. Jasper is resourceful and adapts to situations, often finding a way out of tight spots with a clever ruse or a fast getaway.

Known Biography: Jasper Caine, also known as Slim Jim in some circles, has a reputation as one of the slickest conmen. Jasper's escapades are often accompanied by a sly grin and a knack for slipping out of handcuffs just when the law thinks they've got him cornered. Though he's spent time behind bars, he's always managed to talk or swindle his way out.

Despite his dubious profession, Jasper has a certain code of honor. He never cheats those who can't afford it, and he's known to help the less fortunate when he can. That said, he's not above fleecing a corrupt banker or duping a crooked sheriff.

Since the Botched Job: After the disastrous heist in 1882 that led to the gang's disbandment, Jasper has been living life on the run. He's kept a low profile, taking on odd jobs and short cons to make ends meet. Yet, the desire for one last big score to secure a life of comfort still burns within him. He knows the past is never far behind, and he might need to make a daring move to clear his name or disappear for good.

Specialty or Role: Jasper specializes in the art of deception and manipulation. He's a master of forgery, and quick thinking, making him an important member of the gang when it comes to outsmarting rivals or pulling off elaborate cons.

Notoriety: Jasper Caine is known as a charming rogue and a slippery conman. There are whispers of his sharp card-playing skills, tales of townsfolk who fell victim to his clever schemes, and local lawmen who are ever vigilant for his return. His mischievous exploits are remembered in scattered wanted posters, offering rewards for information on his whereabouts, and colorful stories of his narrow escapes from the grasp of the law are told around campfires and in the dimly lit corners of saloons.

Honor: 6 (In the grey)

Horse: A sturdy but unremarkable chestnut mare named "Whisper."

Weapons: Jasper carries a finely crafted derringer concealed in his boot, a switchblade in his pocket, and a small but trusty Colt Peacemaker revolver hidden under his coat. His weapons are his last line of defense when charm and wit fail him.

Skills:

• Master of Persuasion: Jasper has a silver tongue, capable of talking his way into or out of nearly any situation.
  • Quick Thinker: He excels at making split-second decisions, crucial in the fast-paced world of cons and heists.

Weaknesses:

• Short-Temper: Jasper's quick wit can turn into a fiery temper when pushed too far, potentially leading to impulsive actions.
  • Debt: He's made enemies over the years, and some debts are catching up with him, making him vulnerable to blackmail or threats.

Goals: Jasper's ultimate goal is to pull off the perfect con, one that would set him up for life and allow him to retire in comfort far from the prying eyes of the law.

Likes: Good whiskey, a well-played hand of poker, and the thrill of outsmarting those who underestimate him.

Dislikes: Being double-crossed, nosy lawmen, and anyone who thinks they can see through his schemes.

Other Important Information: Jasper has a network of informants and contacts scattered across frontier towns, giving him access to valuable information and potential allies in his cons. He also has a knack for spotting a mark from a mile away, often sizing up potential targets with a shrewd eye.

Going to read and get back to you *hopefully* tonight!  Been a bit busy and juggling a few other things at home.

Quote from: WickedLittleWitch on October 03, 2023, 10:54:18 AM
Im super super interested may I please join?? I promise im a good writer!!

You're more than welcome to join us!

Seeking New Stories

WickedLittleWitch

Ida "Mousie" Brown

Ida Brown
Mousie

Character Name and Aliases: Ida Brown a.k.a. Mousie

Writer Name:  WickedLittleWitch

Face Claim:  Aurora Perrineau

Physical Information: 5’4”, 150lbs, curly brown hair, tan skin, brown eyes, two bullet hole scars on her left shoulder both front and back, noose scars around her neck.

Personality: Mousie can seem very quiet and timid because of her silence. She is often overlooked in a crowd and written off by many for her lack of speech. Her overall aura is one of silence and stillness to those who do not know her well. In actuality she is very mischievous, often pulling small tricks on people and big cons on those she doesn’t like. She is very talkative to those who know her best and is very lively when among friends.

Known Biography: Ida was born on a Sunday, right in the middle of church. The whole congregation heard her screaming as she came out and she was dubbed very healthy. Unfortunately her father soon found out she wasn’t not his daughter. Sent away during the night with her real dad, Samuel, a freed slave who had been working in the fields on the property, took her to Arkansas.

Her “father” sent men after them to kill Samuel and get rid of the abomination and they had to move from town to town trying to doge the bounty hunters after them. When she was 12 the bounty hunters caught up with them and strung her and Samuel up on a tree. The last thing she remembered is her Father’s face going slack and a gunshot as her body fell.

When she woke she found a local gunman had helped her, her father had died. He took her in as long as she cooked for him and took care of his horse. She found it difficult to talk after that because of damage done by the noose so communicated by sign only. When she was 18 she visited her mother, the next day when she left her father’s body was found flayed of skin out in the field Samuel had worked so diligently.

She fell in with the McGraw Outfit when she was 19 and her gunhand friend had been killed in a shootout. She was very good at pulling cons, gathering intel, and getting into places most couldn’t because she was usually largely ignored by others. The thing she was best at though was making people who don’t want to talk, talk, by any means necessary. Usually a knife.

Since the Botched Job: She’s been living on a very small ranch working on taming wild horses.

Specialty or Role:  She’s usually the intel gatherer also inserts herself into the town or area they are hoping to heist as an inside-woman. She makes people talk who don’t want to talk, her favorite way is to use knives.

Notoriety: No one ever catches her at her crimes. She only has notoriety as being part of the gang.

She’s killed 13 men and helped with each successful heist since she had joined the McGraw outfit. She is also guilty of stealing and either releasing or re-selling 48 horses. There might be a few tortured dirty sheriffs on her hands too but no one could pin it on her.

Honor:  She’s around a 4, she doesn’t harm children, and she counts children up to 18. She also never hurts slaves or people who experience racism unless they hurt her.

Horse:  Silence is her horses name. He stands at 17 hands tall and is only tame for Mousie. [img height=200]https://i.imgur.com/tpFBOic.jpgp/img]

Weapons: A set of filet knives with bone handles she stole from her mother’s home after she came back and killed her husband.
Hunting knife from (insert person once she has connections)
Three throwing knives from her father Samuel.
Small pistol from her gunhand friend who cared for her.

Skills:

• Stealth
  • Acting
  • Ability to not get caught
  • Good at conning people into doing what she wants
  • Appearing innocent and sweet
  • Good at throwing knives
  • Filleting flesh from living creatures and keeping them alive for a long time.

Weaknesses:

• Difficult to Communicate with
  • Often thought of as dumb or uneducated
  • Very often easy to forget about
  • Easy to overpower at close range
  • Difficulty to gain loyalty of
  • Secretive
  • Often going off on her own
  • Horrible shot at close range
  • Can be very obnoxious if she is trying to get people to understand her.

Goals:  She wants a family, it’s her biggest secret and something she knows will probably never happen. She has had a crush on Earl McGraw since she met him. She also wants her own small ranch where she can care for horses.She’ll settle for a man who doesn’t mind her love for knives and Using them.

Likes:  Night time, horses, dogs, cats, snakes, bones, skulls, fresh bread, riding, she likes men that take charge and aren’t a love ‘em and leave ‘em type, she prefers to do the leaving. She likes flowers but won’t tell anyone that lest they think she’s soft. She likes knives and obsidian arrow heads.She also has an obsession with blood and how it pools and runs on the skin.

Dislikes: Dislikes law enforcement, they are usually the biggest racists in town. Loud men who can’t support their own bluster. Spiders, ticks, and flies. The high summer sun. She dislikes rabbit stew but will eat it if she has to. Animal abusers.

Other Important Information: She has an extensive network of acquaintances among the Freed and also those who were part of the underground railroad.

mainsnoires

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on October 03, 2023, 05:14:59 PM
Going to read and get back to you *hopefully* tonight!  Been a bit busy and juggling a few other things at home.

Thank you for your PM!
Stay safe