[Interest Check] Shadowrun: The Caribbean League (Semi-Freeform)

Started by Ciosa, December 04, 2018, 01:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phaia

Questions:
Do all the attributes start at 0?
Is there a bonus to attributes for playing a race other then human?  Found those!

I am just blind and cannot find the stuff?

Phaia

Ciosa

Quote from: Phaia on December 05, 2018, 03:54:27 PM
Questions:
Do all the attributes start at 0?
Is there a bonus to attributes for playing a race other then human?  Found those!

I am just blind and cannot find the stuff?

Phaia

You are not blind, because you found stuff!

All attributes start at 0.

Bibliophilia

Is there a sheet?  Or, did you just want us to use Mythweavers?

Phaia

DHUH!
Forgot how easy this system was and was trying to make it harder. My bad!!

Phaia

Crash

Two questions:

Not sure if you saw my character sheet question so that one and if there is equipment not on the list can we discuss with you?  I have a vehicle and some magic equipment I would like to discuss.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Ciosa

Quote from: Bibliophilia on December 05, 2018, 04:03:06 PM
Is there a sheet?  Or, did you just want us to use Mythweavers?

[b]Character Sheet:[/b]

[code][b]Name:[/b]

[b]Street Name:[/b]

[b]Player Name:[/b]

[b]Race/Metatype:[/b]

[b]Sex:[/b]

[b]Essence:[/b]

[b]Magic Rating:[/b]

[b]Street Cred:[/b]

[b]Height:[/b]

[b]Weight:[/b]

[b]Hair:[/b]

[b]Eyes:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]

[b]Ons:[/b]

[b]Offs:[/b]

[b]Place of Birth:[/b]

[b]Current Nationality:[/b]

[b]SINless?:[/b]

[b]Current Place of Residence/Lifestyle Level:[/b] (Do you live in Auburn?  Tacoma?  Downtown?  Low Lifestyle?  High Lifestyle?  Squatter Lifestyle?)

[b]Living Arrangements:[/b] (Do you live alone?  If not, do your roommates or family know that you're a Shadowrunner?)

[b]Hobbies:[/b]

[b]Unusual Features:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Attribute Descriptors:[/b]  (Indicate what's natural and what is via cyberware or magic)

[b]Skills:[/b] 

[b]Knowledge Skills:[/b]

[b]Merits:[/b]

[b]Flaws:[/b]

[b]Contacts:[/b]

[b]Cyberware and/or Spells/Adept Powers:[/b]

[b]Nuyen[/b] ¥

[b]Gear (Weapons and Armor):[/b]

[b]Gear (Other):[/b]

[b]Vehicles:[/b]

[b]History:[/b] (Must be detailed and include at least three paragraphs)

20 Questions:

1. Where is your character from?
2. Does your character have a family?
3. Does you character have an ethnic background?
4. What does your character look like?
5. What does your character dress like?
6. Does your character have any physical quirks?
7. Where did your character learn their Skills?
8. Where did your character get their gear?
9. Where does your character live?
10. Who are your character's contacts?
11. Who are your character's enemies?
12. How did you character learn magic? (Adepts/Magicians Only)
13. What are your characters likes and dislikes?
14. What is your character's moral code?  Will the character kill?  Why?
15. Does your character have goals?
16. Does your character have personal beliefs?
17. Is your character religious?
18. Does your character have personality quirks?
19. Why does your character run the shadows?
20. How does your character view their role as a shadowrunner?
[/spoiler]

Quote from: Crash on December 05, 2018, 04:18:06 PM
Two questions:

Not sure if you saw my character sheet question so that one and if there is equipment not on the list can we discuss with you?  I have a vehicle and some magic equipment I would like to discuss.

Feel free to ask about any equipment not on the list.

Bibliophilia

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Bibliophilia

So...uhm, I'm already confused.  We start with 100 points to spend, and since I'm going elf (still deciding whether to try SURGE-affected or not) I'll have 80/70 left over to use on skills and stuff.

I get all that.

My question is how do I do skills?  They start at 0...but, what does x2 mean?  What value are you multiplying?  Where it states no ability over x2 on the B-class blurb, does that include the additional stat boost?  Because, elsewhere I read that those limits only apply to pre-race trait numbers.

Help?

Crash

There are no multiplayers.

You have either 0 or
x1
x2
x3
x4

So to get x4 in a skill you have to spend 4 skill points.  Same with attributes.

Bibliophilia

OH!  Okay, that makes sense.  I was just thrown by the fact that it was written as if there was something you were multiplying that number against.

Ciosa

Quote from: Crash on December 05, 2018, 05:07:30 PM
There are no multiplayers.

You have either 0 or
x1
x2
x3
x4

So to get x4 in a skill you have to spend 4 skill points.  Same with attributes.
Quote from: Bibliophilia on December 05, 2018, 05:03:36 PM
So...uhm, I'm already confused.  We start with 100 points to spend, and since I'm going elf (still deciding whether to try SURGE-affected or not) I'll have 80/70 left over to use on skills and stuff.

I get all that.

My question is how do I do skills?  They start at 0...but, what does x2 mean?  What value are you multiplying?  Where it states no ability over x2 on the B-class blurb, does that include the additional stat boost?  Because, elsewhere I read that those limits only apply to pre-race trait numbers.

Help?

Some sample merits and flaws are up as well, now. 

Everyone effectively has every skill at x0, the same with attributes.  Skills range between x0 and x4.  (Note that having a x4 requires the legendary skill merit.)  So buying a skill to x2 costs two of your skill points.  x3 requires 3, etc.  Sorry if the multiplier is confusing.  You can just as easily write it as 'Medical - 3' over 'Medical x3,' I just ran a LARP for a long time and it's how I tend to think of it by default.

Bibliophilia

It's okay!  I'm just getting used to a new system.  It's largely familiar territory, since I've been playing WW games half my life, but it's just different enough to have a learning curve.

-snicker.-

Crash

Ciosa - I have 4 more flaw points than merit points.  How do those extra flaw points translate to skills and attributes?

Ciosa

Quote from: Crash on December 05, 2018, 05:46:20 PM
Ciosa - I have 4 more flaw points than merit points.  How do those extra flaw points translate to skills and attributes?

I haven't decided.  I was thinking a 1 for 2 conversion into Karma.

Not yet, Remiel, DM them to me.

Crash

Quote from: Ciosa on December 05, 2018, 05:50:14 PM
I haven't decided.  I was thinking a 1 for 2 conversion into Karma.

Not yet, Remiel, DM them to me.

Okay that works.

Phaia

Hey Ciaso this being around the water ...a lot.
I have some questions.
Can we use build points to buy merits?

What is swimming based of. I would guess survival since not everyone knows how to swim. DHUH! Athletics! found it!
How about scuba?

My idea is morphing a bit. If I gave my PC Knowledge [seamanship]x3 could she be a liscenced captain. That should give decent knowledge on reading charts, handling, knowing bouys, Port from starboard. How to tie knots or handle sails. Not sure if it would work for piloting boats!

Phaia

Dhi

Bibliophilia

I just had to share the thing I made.

Also, her street name is Sliver.

Phaia

Nicely Done Bi!
Wow I am jealous!
I have no wear near that skill would not even try it!

Phaia

Ciosa

Quote from: Dhi on December 05, 2018, 06:05:01 PM
I'd like my street name to be Izzie Money.

That's epic. 

Quote from: Phaia on December 05, 2018, 05:59:21 PM
Hey Ciaso this being around the water ...a lot.
I have some questions.
Can we use build points to buy merits?

Yep, that's the only way they're purchased.  I put some sample flaw and merits up, and it's not an exhaustive list by any stretch.  If you have other ideas or requests, shoot them here or drop them into a DM.

QuoteWhat is swimming based of. I would guess survival since not everyone knows how to swim. DHUH! Athletics! found it!
How about scuba?

My idea is morphing a bit. If I gave my PC Knowledge [seamanship]x3 could she be a liscenced captain. That should give decent knowledge on reading charts, handling, knowing bouys, Port from starboard. How to tie knots or handle sails. Not sure if it would work for piloting boats!

Phaia

Because it IS a Caribbean based game, I'm going to assume anyone at Athletics x2 or higher is a proficient SCUBA diver.  There's also a Navigation skill, which is an active skill, and very important for sea captains.  Most modern ships don't have a lot of requirements in knot tying, but someone with high piloting can choose to be familiar with older vessels as well.  Piloting is the appropriate skill for an experienced sailor/sea captain. 

Question - would players prefer I have the piloting skill be specialized?  At least broadly into 'land, sea, air?'  or would you prefer it be a single skill and those with a lot of skill handling vehicles are considered fluent in multiple types?  Realism suggests the former, simplicity prefers the latter.

Dhi

I'm interested in bone lacing which is (F). The idea is simply to protect Inéz as heiress to a powerful family. Plastic I suppose is going to be able to evade detection, so that makes the most sense, although better is much more appealing. I'm taking all the pain tolerance merits, I want my girl to be a toughie, and higher bone lacing helps with that. But never being able to go through a security checkpoint is going to hurt her corporate image for sure. Ciosa, do you have any thoughts on this?

Also, is 9500 really the ceiling for cyberdecks? That's like nothing.

Ciosa

Quote from: Dhi on December 05, 2018, 06:16:10 PM
I'm interested in bone lacing which is (F). The idea is simply to protect Inéz as heiress to a powerful family. Plastic I suppose is going to be able to evade detection, so that makes the most sense, although better is much more appealing. I'm taking all the pain tolerance merits, I want my girl to be a toughie, and higher bone lacing helps with that. But never being able to go through a security checkpoint is going to hurt her corporate image for sure. Ciosa, do you have any thoughts on this?

Also, is 9500 really the ceiling for cyberdecks? That's like nothing.

That's the ceiling for a commlink, not a cyberdeck.  I dont' have rules up for deck yet.  Decks can range up to a million nuyen.  There's a reason most runners build their own.

There's actually no issue with her getting through a security checkpoint - it sounds like she's going to be maintaining a cover, with identities and the like, and being a rich socialite with protective cyberware isn't even going to raise eyebrows.  Plenty of VPs will have math SPUs, encephalon processors, tailored pheromones, and the like.   The only real backlash in the corporate environment is overt cyberware - since that marks you as a 'commoner' who should be doing security work, and against characters with enough essence loss to have social penalties.

Crash

I have my piloting skill as Pilot Watercraft.

I also have Navigation

And yes I would think Athletics would cover Diving.