It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Ariabella

*wiggles and squirms* Oh yeah!
Read my ons/offs. Want to one-on-one? PM with ideas

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42859.0

http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Ariabella

Natalie C. Barney

Quote from: Max on April 23, 2006, 10:49:18 AM
One of my favorites was Space Opera, a game that came out in the early 80's.  Had this formula that you needed a calculator to figure out your melee skill, and then never told you what that number was for.  

*pats Elvi on the back*

Could be a lot worse.  Go read Space Master.  Although some of the critcal effects were cool.  ("Blast destroys foe skeletal system, reducing him to a gelantous heap.  Try a spatula.")

That's a funny system I was a spy and to save the information I was carrying JUMPED off a 30 story building head first into the solid concrete street and made all the rolls in perfect form, rolled maximum damage and SURVIVED. Yes broke her skull and back, several other nbones and internal damage save her brain. lol

She did enven have the chance to expire before thse damnable special police and their top medical team saved her enough to extract the imformation then left her to die in some anonymous nursing home.

In Spacemaster. Rolemaster is just as bad.

"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Cosmo_ac

alright, well there does seem to be  an interest in having this game, so i'll get started on the system.  It'll probably have 6 players, but we'll see how things go.

Cosmo_ac

now, does anybody have any questions or suggestions or anything like that? I'm pretty open to all ideas, though i reserve the right to say no ;)

Celestial Goblin

I promised to be in this one long ago, folks. I've given Cosmo ideas that probably made him think bad of me.
I'm aboard, for better or worse. Elvi, did you mention somebody just failing something? Was that me maybe? Are the consequences of my failure terrible?

Elvi

Me and Cindy vote for freeform.......

Cosmo_ac

hmm...I'm not opposed to freeform, i admit, but it does raises questions for me, like how to handle combat and such.

Celestial Goblin

Could i propose a middle ground? No real system but still character skills and rolls. Everybody picks 5 specialities in which he's good at. When there's a conflict involved, we simply roll a dice to check if it's a succes or not. The GM decides what's the % chance of succes is.
In combat, rolling a succes two times in a row means defeating your enemy.
If someone wants to, he can take a speciality two times to represent he's really good at something. No numbers, accept for the GM to roll.

Cosmo_ac

hmm...it's an idea.  I'll muse it over.

Lirliel

Quote from: Celestial Goblin on April 23, 2006, 02:00:40 PM
Could i propose a middle ground? No real system but still character skills and rolls. Everybody picks 5 specialities in which he's good at. When there's a conflict involved, we simply roll a dice to check if it's a succes or not. The GM decides what's the % chance of succes is.
In combat, rolling a succes two times in a row means defeating your enemy.
If someone wants to, he can take a speciality two times to represent he's really good at something. No numbers, accept for the GM to roll.

That could work rather well, seeing as how mostly with descriptive writing you could already handle much of the action. Then just by giving a diceroll you could figure out how much damage is done to an opposing character, for example a 1d10 diceroll (with everything having 100% health to begin, and the 1d getting upgraded to something higher with power weapons/Laser guns etc?)

Oh.. and I'm intrested btw :)
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Elvi

*Grins evily*

And Lirliel joins the happy gang thats three potentially evil women, can you handle it cosmo?

Lirliel

Erm... 2 pontentially evil women... 1 evil one *Smiles devioushly*
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Lyria

I'm interested in the game as well Cosmo.

*looks warily at the evil women*

I think.
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

Lirliel

Quote from: Lyria on April 23, 2006, 03:16:51 PM
I'm interested in the game as well Cosmo.

*looks warily at the evil women*

I think.

Don't worry... I won't hurt you... *leans in closely to whisper* Unless you like that ;)

Lyria

*grins sheepishly and squirms a little in her seat*

Um...maybe....

Hey Cosmo, yeah, definately interested.

Elvi

*raises eyebrow*
Oh I see....so you don't concider yourself evil Lirliel?

Lirliel

Quote from: Elvi on April 23, 2006, 03:28:06 PM
*raises eyebrow*
Oh I see....so you don't concider yourself evil Lirliel?

*Smirks*... you know just as well as I do whom the evil one is *Winks*

Ellyssa

Quote from: Elvi on April 23, 2006, 12:17:48 PM
Yeah babe...just call me Harry.......*winks and fondles Cindy*

*chokes on coffee too* Heeeeeey. Waitaminute!

But already PMed cosmo ealrier myself. :D

Ariabella

*Fondles Ellyssa fondly*
Read my ons/offs. Want to one-on-one? PM with ideas

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42859.0

http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Ariabella

Cosmo_ac

wow, i hope the girls are as friendly with the guys in this game as they are each other ;)

Elvi

MEN?
Oh bugger me sideways....you mean we have to play with MEN?
OH YUK!
*runs off to have a shower, fondling Ellyssa as she dashes past*

Lyria

*raises hand*

I'll take the men Elvi doesn't want.

Celestial Goblin

"Men, seize the women! Cuff'em well so they can't fondle themselves and tire before we get to try them."

Ellyssa

*eyes Goblin* You're outnumbered. Shush. Put those on. *points to ball gags on a nearby table* Now!