Vampire the Requiem

Started by RubySlippers, April 23, 2008, 06:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Triangle

That works just fine, and you've already got your character sheet, so you're good to go.  I'm still waiting on SteveJ101 to get back from his absence and complete a character sheet, and I'm also waiting on character sheets from Ananasi and Shadowz.

Once I get all that squared away, and determine whether the game goes in noncon or extreme, the game can begin.
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Whats going on are we going to start this at some point?

The Great Triangle

We'll be getting started once two players, Shadowz and Stevej88, get their characters in.  I might be willing to start the game earlier if I can get some support from Seraph and Meggymagos, who will be playing against those two and will be most affected by starting without them.

Ons and Offs

BentNotBroken

I don't mind when we start. Will my character just notparticipate until Stevej gets back and can start too? how would that work?

The Great Triangle

You would most likely end up playing with the circle of the crone vampires as they hemmed you in for the pleasure of the prince.

I'm not sure how Seraph feels about starting without Shadowz though.  We'd also need a final word about an extreme rating.

Ons and Offs

Elohim

Her sheet is close to complete...  working out the kinks a bit.  Tossing around merits and stuff...

RubySlippers

Name: Edna Jones
MORTAL
Concept: Future Blood Companion
Virtue: Temperance
Vice: Lust

Picture of Character: http://fantasti.cc/user/drewhos/images/image/22061, is far more conservative dressed at the moment but after she is vamped out will likely get a tad darker and even more luscious in her passions and desires.

Abilities:

Power: 2  (Intelligence +1)  Finesse: 2  (Manipulation +1)  Resistance: 2 (Composure +1)

Mental Skills:

Academics: 2  (Philosophy +2)  Crafts: 1  (Computer Applications +2, Non-Fiction Writing +2)  Investigation: 1 (Cut Through Red Tape +2)

Physical Skills:

Athletics: 1   (Yoga +2)  Combat: 1   Stealth: 1

Social Skills:

Persuasion: 2  Socialize: 2  (Conversation +2)  Streetwise: 1

Merits: Language (spanish) 1, Mentor 5, Resources 2, Striking Looks 1.

Disciplines: n/a

Willpower: 5   Health: 7    Defense: 2   Blood: 0   Blood Potency: 0

Background History:

Born the illigitimate child of a wealthy young man who had an affair with her mother she was born to Miriam Jones in Seattle, and grew up in the working classes her mother a hardworking food server and later hostess at a popular upscale restaurant Scalini's Italian Restaurante. She did well in school attending private schools in the area paid for by money from her father and then her mother got very sick with a chronic eventually fatale illness. Putting off college she decided to stay home and take care of her mother, teach herself reading whatever she could get her hands on and taking part of regular friendly debates at the local colleges squeezing on one class a semester. She became adept as navigating the red tape of government and private programs to get her mother the best care and make her life comfortable. She recently met a beautiful somewhat older woman with a fine mind at her favorite coffee shop and used bookstore THE BOOK NOOK at night she is enjoying spending time with (Sire to be) who seems to be very well off. And she recently found out she has a half-sister (merrymegos character) who is coming to the city and is eager to meet her even though save for money her father never did much for her.

Possessions: A rather large personal library of used paperback books mostly classic great works and especially philosophy, computer with desk and high-speed dialup internet service from a low cost provider, entertainment center (not particularly nice), red electric moped (new), ID, Cash, Visa Debit Card, Clothes (mostly from thrift stores and things on sale), personal grooming items, pre-paid cell phone (basic) and a little low cost silver jewelry.

BentNotBroken

Name: Gabriella Ricci  "Gabby" for short.
MORTAL
Concept: Future Blood Companion/Mate
Virtue: ?

Picture of Character: http://fantasti.cc/user/drewhos/images/image/22264

Abilities:

Power: 2 (Presence +1) Finesse: 2 (Manipulation +1)  Resistance: 2 (Stamina +1)

Mental Skills:

Academics: 2 (occult +1) Crafts: 0 Investigation: 1

Physical Skills:

Athletics: 2 (swimming +2)  Combat: 2 (Firearms +1, Brawl +1)  Stealth: 0

Social Skills:

Persuasion: 2 (seduction +2)  Socialize: 2 (Carousing +2) Streetwise: 1

Merits: Striking Looks 2, Fighting Style (Kung Fu) 1, Resources 2, Mentor (5)

Willpower: 4   Health: 8   Defense: 2   Blood: ??  Blood Potency: -

Background History:

Born an only child from a wealthy home, Gabby grew up privileged. A southern girl, 18 years old. Petite, very pretty, but not stuck on herself. From a rich family. Nice person. Well liked, popular. Innocent, rather naive about the world. Believed everyone was basically good. She just moved to the city Seattle  from her small southern town. After finding out that she has a half-sister in Seattle (RubySlippers character), and determined to meet her, she uses that as motivation to pack up and move to Seattle.  She wanted a change of pace and to make her own way in the world and not depend on Daddy's money. Working as a waitress and going to college part time. She's an excellent swimmer and is learning martial arts in a self defense class, as well as having a small handgun for protection. A small town girl, in a big city, trying to make it own her own.

Recently, Gabby stumbled upon something she wasn't supposed to see. A vampire (Stevej101's character) killing a human. Now strange things were happening...she kept feeling like she was being followed. Little did she know her life was about to change, forever.

Darthvegeta800

As invited, i popped up.  ;D
I'd love to join in.
I may need some help ruleswise though. I have some knowledge of the world's feel and background but it is basic.

The Great Triangle

Alright, do any of the clans and/or political factions interest you?  Would you like to play a vampire, a ghoul, or a mortal?  If you're playing a ghoul, you don't have to decide on a clan, and if you're playing a mortal, you can skip out on vampire politics completely until you become lunch.

Ons and Offs

Darthvegeta800

Quote from: Great Triangle on June 09, 2008, 05:09:05 PM
Alright, do any of the clans and/or political factions interest you?  Would you like to play a vampire, a ghoul, or a mortal?  If you're playing a ghoul, you don't have to decide on a clan, and if you're playing a mortal, you can skip out on vampire politics completely until you become lunch.

Depends on the theme/focus of the rp.

Though i do like lawful, dutyful Vampires. I believe one of the Clans in the setting was like that no? Honor and the likes were valued. A civilized clan.

The Great Triangle

The theme is political conflict.

As for civilized vampires, there's two political factions (covenants) of that nature in the game, the Invictus, who believe that vampires should rule from the shadows by a hierarchical system, and the Carthians, who believe that vampires should form a symbiotic community with humans. 

As for a civilized, honor based clan, the Ventrue clan is most focused on honor, a tendency reinforced by their trademark power of dominate, a mind control power.  The toreador bloodline are also into honor, and I'm sure there are a lot of honor focused bloodlines if you wanted to get really specific. 

In the setting though, of being civilized and feeding on humans, a vampire can only accomplish one of these things, since a careless vampire is a dead vampire.  If duty appeals to you, you may be interested in the covenant of the Lancea Sanctum, a Catholic vampire faction who focus on herding humans like cattle and making sure vampires use their immortal lives responsibly.

Ons and Offs

Darthvegeta800

The Invictus and Carthians seem quite interesting.
Is there one that is best described as fascist (conservative, disciplined, expansionist)?

Elohim

That would be The Invictus.  Everything means something to them,  the clothes they wear, the flowers they carry,  jewelry,  everything conveys some hidden meaning.

The Great Triangle

Pretty much, although expansionism goes against traditional Invictus mores and makes you into more of a young turk type of character.  That can provide conflict and spice to the game though.

Ons and Offs

Darthvegeta800

I've read up a bit on the factions. The Order of Dragul seems interesting (sworn of the Axe) but above all the Invictus. They seem quite Machiavellistic and pragmatic and anti-anarchy. I like that.  ;D
I think i'll go for that faction. Are there already other players planning or having made a char in that faction?

Elohim

*Smiles*  Carry your sins close to your heart...  or be ready to face the retribution of the damned. 

The Great Triangle

Currently, RubySlippers is playing the future food source of the leader of the Invictus.  The Invictus are the number 2 faction in the city, their influence far outstripping their rather paltry numbers.

Ons and Offs

Darthvegeta800

Yummie. Lol.
I'll try to read up a bit more on powers/atmosphere etc.
I remember having a 2+hour conversation with some rpers of the pre WoD setting. (they played Werewolf and Requiem) And a lengthy one just about Requiem with a larper that worked at the hobbystore i go to.
I found it quite fascinating.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Great Triangle on June 10, 2008, 03:15:53 AM
Currently, RubySlippers is playing the future food source of the leader of the Invictus.  The Invictus are the number 2 faction in the city, their influence far outstripping their rather paltry numbers.

Food source, consort, lover and likely somewhat useful asset vassal she could get a meal from any rabble thank you very much.

>:(

LOL

Another Invictus- excellent.

And I was thinking of a role for my character I was kind of thinking of exploiting new markets I can't gain power in the game stealing assets from Elders and it might threaten their other interests, so I will likely focus on her. First she needs a herd eventually animal blood will not suffice and it tastes yucky anyway and she need ample retainers for her duties to be fulfilled. And of course hone her skills perhaps earning a college degree and develop a modest asset or two. I have a few ideas of good accredited schools that offer bachelors degrees so that might be a good option, a non-traditional distance learning education for role-playing purposes.

Darthvegeta800

Euhm. If i say okay good idea... will that ensure you won't break my legs my dear? ^^

RubySlippers

Why, me hurt you, no she is a lover and scholar in training not a fighter. That's what ghoul hit squads are for.

Darthvegeta800

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 10, 2008, 04:16:54 PM
Why, me hurt you, no she is a lover and scholar in training not a fighter. That's what ghoul hit squads are for.

Lol. Touché. Guess he'd better behave around you lest an ill-smelling group drops by one day with baseball bats and uzi's.

RubySlippers

She can't the structure makes her the vassal of her Sire and your the vassal of her and then your character Sire if he is in the city. So she would not likely want to attack another Invictus they have mediators for that to avoid such messy problems. In any case she is not overly ambitious her role is to keep her Sire well fed, happy and have one vampire she can utterly trust.

Odds are your character and mine could be friendly enough with each other.

The Great Triangle

Unless they really don't want to be.

;D

Ons and Offs