Vampire the Requiem

Started by RubySlippers, April 23, 2008, 06:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Quote from: The Great Triangle on June 23, 2008, 03:23:50 PM
Yep, I'm the ST of the game.  I'm perfectly happy to have another player!   :)   

It would be nice to have another PC working in the city, then I'd pretty much have enough players to start setting up events outside individual storylines.  Are you familiar with the various vampire clans?

Also, of the various political factions, which sounds most interesting to you?  You don't have to be part of the Circle of the Crone to be part of the Prince's government, although he'll consider you less of a threat that way.  (if you keep your head down.) 

We need a Cathian presence, come on it will make things interesting.

Hanna

Hehe thanks Meggy, i got it from some lingerie photoshoot on the internet, the photoshopped it. I like yours too :D

Ah not very familiar with it at all. I will do some reading today and get back to you on who i want to be.

RubySlippers

Maybe I need to do another character seems like my character is about to be disappeared. lol

BentNotBroken

lol What happend Ruby? I thought that Eliza was going to keep you as her child, or whatever.

Stevej101

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 23, 2008, 05:07:50 PM
Maybe I need to do another character seems like my character is about to be disappeared. lol

I don't intend to make her disappear, I think we are about to have a party of a most interesting sort at my haven. :D
"But I like it in the gutter, its dark and warm and I meet all sorts of interesting people."

Ons and Offs

The Great Triangle

Actually, I've mostly decided that the Carthian movement won't be present in Seattle, since I don't find the Carthians terribly interesting and we've already got a pretty good dynamic going with the Invictus/Circle of the Crone alliance vs. the Lancea Sanctum.

The power dynamics I've worked out (which will be getting to those entitled to them soon, I promise.)  do include a small (4-5 vampire) Ordo Dracul presence, which mostly acts as a political spoiler and occasional ally of the Lancea Sanctum.  (since they happen to worship the same God.  They don't neccesarily beleive in the same God, but they worship him alright.    ;))

Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

There is one faction your missing the Unaligned. I was thinking as I PM'd a traveling unaligned Daeva bedding the Prince might choose to Embrace my character to get back at her new rival the half-sister. What better way then to curse her own half-sister and unleashing her on the city as a Daeva. And one biased against the Covenant system after all Daeva do see themselves as the only REAL Kindred the rest are imitation of their perfection. mwhahahahahahahahahahaha

Its that or kill my character but I like Edna. So its up to the Prince if you want to kill her she would agree to work with him on the cover up for taking care of her mother and a gentle death, that would make it easier and maybe she could make love to a nice woman once before she gets killed.

Hanna

Well i have done a character sheet, now all i need is the bio, which should come soon. (I want to finish the bio before i post it, and i dont have the time now) I hope i have done everything right... And i dont understand how you get the blood bit...

Name: Katrina Black
Vampire
Concept: Khaibit thief-for-hire. (Information gatherer, spy etc. You name it she will do it.)
Virtue: Prudence
Vice: Lust

Abilities:

Power: 2 (Intelligence +1)     Finesse: 3 (Dexterity +2 [Khaibit accounts for second], Wits +1)    Resistance: 1

Mental Skills:

Academics: 1    Crafts: 1     Investigation: 2 (Occult +1)

Physical Skills:

Athletics:1   Combat: 2 (Firearms-Pistols +1)   Stealth: 2 (Larceny & Stealth +1 each)

Social Skills:

Persuasion: 1 (Persuasion +1)   Socialize: 0 (Socialize +1)  Streetwise: 2

Merits: Ambidextrous (***) Gunslinger (***) Quick Draw - Firearms (*)

Disciplines: Auspex (*) Obtenebration (**)

Clan: Mekhet

Bloodline: Khaibit [Asp]

Willpower: 2   Health: 6    Defense: 3   Blood: _   Blood Potency: 1

RubySlippers

The CLAN is Mekhet, the BLOODLINE is Khaibit so you should seperate them. I like the character if they are ever in the same haunting grounds and I have a Daeva we have to get them in bed.

And to get blood find a mortal and drain them there you go, or in HER case stray dogs or rats would do.  ;D

Stevej101

Quote from: Hanna on June 24, 2008, 07:11:15 AM
Concept: Khaibit thief-for-hire. (Information gatherer, spy etc. You name it she will do it.)

Gods I do love it when a woman says that.  Of course I love it more when the mean it. :D

Sorry, mad ravings, it's still morning here and I need more coffee.
"But I like it in the gutter, its dark and warm and I meet all sorts of interesting people."

Ons and Offs

Hanna

Ok great. Oh and i added an extra dexterity point for the Khaibit bloodline

And well she will do anything, as long as it pays enough...  ;)

RubySlippers

Then get naked on your back with a cash register next to her. lol

The Great Triangle

Your character looks good enough, although your pistols specialty actually provides a +2 bonus when using a pistol.  (although it does not stack with your firearms specialty.)

As a bloodline member you're supposed to have a blood potency of 2.  (This costs 3 merit dots)  You can submit your character as is, but before you buy anything else with experience points you'll have to buy blood potency 2.  (it costs 16 xp.  You can get 5 or 10 xp by dropping your humanity if you like.)

Since your character does not have any resources, I'll say that you start with 2 stolen 9mm pistols (a Glock 17 [17 shot pistol, damage 2L] and a Berretta Model 92 [15 shot pistol, damage 2L])  A hand me down motor scooter (in black), A heavy leather trenchcoat (armor 1, 0 against firearms), 40 odd bullets, and a pair of sunglasses.

Your character most likely relies on public restrooms, dumpsters (in remote locations on days other than garbage day), and sewers to stay safe from the sun during the day, due to her lack of a permanent haven or any money.

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Well she should be had cheap them by clients.  ;D

Hanna

16 exp? Isnt it only 8? Thats what your list says. And yay a pair of sunglasses ;D

Oh and your humanity starts at 7 right? I might sell 2 points to get more ex. As a thief i dont think it will be that useful to have anything above 5, and i would lose them fast anyway.

The Great Triangle

The cost of blood potency is 8 times the dots you're buying, not the dots you already have.  (sorry, this is a change made from the old world of darkness to avoid the inconvenient old trait/new trait cost dichotomy.)

Ons and Offs

Hanna

Well i will pay for it with 3 merit points, then use the 10 exp from losing 2 humanity to buy three merit points to buy the ability i lost for the blood point.

The Great Triangle

Good enough for me! 

You'll probobly start the game with a contract from the prince, possibly the same contract that Zayaah's character is working.  If your character is even remotely social, you should most likely do a breif introduction in the Elysium thread (and possibly go and PM one of the victims if you want to do some quick play.) before heading off on missions and such.

Ons and Offs

Hanna

I posted the character info, after i wrote up the bio...

RubySlippers

Are you attached to a Covenant, or are you practical and sensible and remain Unaligned?  ;D

Stevej101

Should I start a new area for the prince in the Haven, his study or office?  I got Megs character there but I don't know that jumping into Elizas thread would be quite right.  Unless we want to go for shock factor for his guest :)

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Doesn't matter but shock can be good its not like megs character won't find out everyone is a vampire soon. But why not do your own thread as a thread?

Hanna

Yep unaligned, I've added that now.

RubySlippers

Good welcome to the club then, fuck The System!  ;D

Seriously my character is Unaligned on philosophical and pragmatic grounds not for political activism.

Stevej101

Sorry all,

Lost the story here and am just not able to get the character into my head any more.  The prince bows out to the land of NPC.

Nothing against any of you or anything that you did, want to be sure that you all understand that.

Ons and Offs