Time is running out...

Started by Lady Jenn, May 31, 2012, 11:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

"Take this," the prince said, handing them a pair of swords. "Each is imbued with Sidh magic, they are more likely to help us in the coming fight."

Lady Temptress

Hannah shakes her head and she refuses to take the weaponry. " No thanks. I'm not fighting while i'm pregnant and I don't even know how to fight anyway."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"You may not have a-" the prince was interrupted by one of the scouts suddenly appearing next to him. "Kae'l, what is it?"

"They are in a huge crater ahead of us," the scout responded. "There is no way to launch a surprise attack, the weapon is at the exact centre of their camp and all sorts of creatures lie between us and it. I am amazed they failed to spot us there was so little cover around."

Lady Temptress

" Perhaps, I can change into dragon form , fly in and attempt to snatch it from them? Catch them off guard?" Hannah asks curiously and she doubts that they'll allow her to attempt that trickery.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Wait for five minutes and then follow us," the prince said to the ogre, who nodded in reply before the prince and Kae'l vanished into the forest.

"Don't they need our help?" Jake asked.

"They do," the ogre replied. "But those cloaks they wear afford them a certain amount of invisibility, I'm guessing they want to thin the enemy ranks a bit before we arrive. With all due respect to our powers dragonkin are not renowned for their subtlety."

Lady Temptress

It seems her words had fallen upon deaf ears and that isn't the only time the men have ignored what she has asked, or said. Ah well, she stands there waitin and listening with a slight annoyance.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Something's coming," one of the cloaked creature's said. "And it's not one of the Sidh."

"Hannah, go investigate," the ogre said. "If we're gone when you return you know where to find us."

Lady Temptress

She rolls her eyes and the girl raises her brows with a tilt of her head at the orge. " Oh, now you acknowledge me and want my help. Fine. Will do." She says and Hannah wanders off to investigate.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

A strange figure was just visible between the trees watching Hannah. It had a vaguely humanoid appearance but seemed to be made out of something akin to smoke. It dodged behind a tree as it saw her coming.

Lady Temptress

Hannah haults in her steps and she senses something or someone closer to her. The guys are a ways back and she turns around with a look of caution playing in her gaze. " Whose there? Show yourself." She says in a whispery tone of voice.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"They'll attack us," came a voice from nearby whose source was unclear.

"No," replied the figure. "My kin are among them, they would kill her before she even drew a blade on us." It stepped out from behind a tree, revealing a figure who looked vaguely human but seemed composed of a misty substance. She had long silvery hair and ice blue eyes. "Hannah, my apologies, I had hoped to remain hidden but...there is something your friends must know."

Lady Temptress

Hannah jumps a bit startled as the guys rejoin her and she gazes curiously at the stranger. " You seem to know me and you are famialr to me. Who are you?"
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I know everything," the figure replied. "I suspect even the ogre would not recognise me, the Sh'ara would however."

"The what?" Jake said, jumping as he saw the two cloaked figures kneel in front of the newcomer. "Who...what..."

"Gaia," one of the figures said. "Our world made manifest and the last of a race who existed long before even the dragons did. My queen, what brings you here."

"The weapon you seek to destroy cannot be destroyed by any magic or weapons you could comprehend, it can be destroyed by this though." It reached out a hand and suddenly a sword appeared in it. "The Dawnstar blade, said to have been forged in the heart of your sun itself. But...there is a catch."

"The Dawnstar curse," the ogre said, smiling at the confusion on most of the other's faces. "The dragonkin have legends of that blade. To use it requires an immense amount of energy but...it kills the wielder. If Gaia is offering this then we are in more danger than I thought."

Lady Temptress

Hannah listens totally confused at their conversation and she heaves a heavy sigh. Then she casts her gaze upon the sword and yet, the mention of a Queen catches her attention more than the appearance of the sword itself. " What? Queen? What Queen? This is all so confusing. Jake, what's going on here?"
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"How do you-" the Ogre started saying before the figure silenced him.

"Humans have no concept of Gaia dragonkin, even your kin have struggled with it. I am the spirit who represents the very planet you lie on. I guard this world against all threats but...I cannot fight in the physical realm, if that weapon is to be destroyed one of you must wield the sword."

Lady Temptress

She has no clue what they are talking about and so , Hannah just keeps quiet for the time being while she listens to them.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I'll take it," Jake said, stepping towards the sword before Merlin reached out and stopped him.

"No," Merlin said. "If you die then the effects may be worse. You and mum need to be together. If one of us is going to sacrifice themselves to use that sword it should be me."

Lady Temptress

Hannah tilts her head and she raises her brows. " Oh good grief. This is all so much. My son who is in my belly and not born yet, is standing before me as an adult , talking to me. Fine, come on Jake love, let's do thhis. " She is grumpy, tired, hungry and she wants to have this baby and go home. Hannah walks over to  them and she takes hold of the sword while waiting for Jake to join her.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

There was a rumbling noise and a burst of light from the direction of the clearing, making Jake jump. "I think we'd better go now, thank you for-" he stopped as he turned around, realising the spirit had vanished almost as suddenly as she had appeared.

Lady Temptress

Hannah just realized who the spirit looked like and she spoke out in surprise. " The spirit woman looked just like my deceased mother." she remarks in a bit of a shocked tone of voice.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"She looked like my aunt," Jake said.

"She wouldn't look the same to more than one person," one of the figures said. "She appears to those who see her as something that will comfort them, there are very few in existence who have seen Gaia's true form, legend says it would destroy your mind to see what she truly is."

Lady Temptress

Hannah simply nods her head and she listens while watching everything around them with cautious curiosity.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"We need to get to the crater," Merlin said. "I don't know what's happening but I just sensed a huge surge of energy from that direction"

Lady Temptress

She nods her head and Hannah flashes a tired smile. " Alright. Let's go now. " She commands and the girl just wants to get this all done with so she can have the baby at home.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Merlin rushed ahead of them, coming to an abrupt halt as he reached the edge of the crater. "Uh...guys, we have a problem." he said. As they approached the crater they found the Sidh hiding around the edges of the crater, bodies littering the crater itself and at its centre was an immense dragon-like creature whose body seemed to glow with a strange light. "Don't ask me how I know but that's what is causing the tears in the timeline."