Way of the Wicked - PF adventure, need 1-2 extra players to complete a group

Started by LisztesFerenc, May 29, 2015, 07:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LisztesFerenc

The Kingdom of Talingarde is the most noble, virtuous, peaceful nation in the known world. This is the story of how you burned this insipid paradise to the ground.

I'm GMing a Way of the Wicked game, where the players start as lowly criminals, and gradually rise through the ranks of a Cult of Asmodeus, aiming to destroy the kingdom of Talingarde. I have three or four players and need another 1 or 2 to round the group out. Three players have already started the game, and they have just reached the manor where the cult's leader is located, and are about to meet them. They were being transported to prison and escaped en route, your characters would have instead found their way to manor through the High Priest's agents, either a white haired women or a black man, we can work out the specifics of this together.

Here is a preview of the module, along with character creation rules, but I will summarize them below, as there have been two tweaks to them:
http://www.firemountaingames.com/Players_Guide.pdf

Character Creation
1.   For stat generation, choose a Focus and Foible. Your Focus stat is 18 and your Foible is 8. Then roll four 4 d10s, adding 7 to each and assign them to your remaining stats in any order. Reroll if no number rolled is higher than 12, or the sum of your four rolled stats is +2 or less.
2.   Maximum HP at first level, then roll, rerolling 1s if you have d6, 1-2 for d8, 1-3 for d10 and 1-4 if you have d12. Additionally, you gain Fast Learner as a bonus feat at 1st level (even if you aren’t human).
3.   In the preview you will find a list of Crimes, choose the one you were convicted for. This is your first trait; you may then choose a second, non-crime trait.
4.   No synthesis summoner. Regular summoner is fine. I will consider 3rd party material, but no promises.
5.   Starting level is 2.

I’m not too worried about composition and covering every, but so far we have a bard, a magus and a cleric. If you are interested, PM me your character concept and basic mechanics. PM your character concepts to me if you are interested.

LisztesFerenc

Had one encouraging response, but I'm still looking for one additional new character.

Snake

I've wanted to play Way of the wicked the way it's mentioned in the books

LisztesFerenc

I'm in the two minds about this. I am running two Way of the Wicked groups, and one of them is sticking to the books. For the second group (this one), I am tempting to have the two groups in the same story, which would require deviating from the book for the second group. Of course I could stick to the book with both groups and have them in separate worlds. I'll see what the players think.

Ixy

I could be interested in this.  I'm assuming that this isn't a Chaotic Evil campaign... at least, not at first?  Do we have some freedom to develop background?  And specifically what roles are you missing to round this group out?

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ixy on June 30, 2015, 07:56:47 PM
I could be interested in this.  I'm assuming that this isn't a Chaotic Evil campaign... at least, not at first?  Do we have some freedom to develop background?  And specifically what roles are you missing to round this group out?

Campaign is more LE but remember it's story of villainy (so you play the bad guys who serves Asmodeus). I am already in one of the groups and what comes to two groups; I am fine either them being both in same world but other slightly differs from other (and thus from books) or be split to own worlds. In the first post it was listed what classes had been taken already, so far as I can tell we would welcome a devoted front liner (Magus is squishy and not good until couple more levels and more spells in disposal) and more than that a devoted arcane caster (summoner would be great as it provides arcane spells and summons work as meatshields and eidolon can be build terrific front liner).

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Ixy on June 30, 2015, 07:56:47 PM

No, its a lawful evil campaign initially, although a covert one, as at this stage it is a single cult against and entire kingdom. You will be given a refluffed hat of disguise, in case some of you make characters who could look a bit suspicious at first class.

For backstory yes you have some freedom, you'll only level 2, but the only real requirement you have is to decide one crime above others that fits your character, and figure out how you ended up at a remote manor in the marshes where an Asmodeus (Asmodian?) cult operates, likely it was through the white haired lady or the black man.

As noted I'm not too concerned about a well balanced party as far as roles go, but they have a magus, cleric and bard currently.

Annaamarth

I am building a tanky tank tank who tanks at the tank line.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Ons/Offs

My sins are pride, wrath and lust.

Zaer Darkwail

Pic choice is good at least :). What class though and background?

Annaamarth

Posting from work at lunch. In brief, still building, but probably a fallen noble whose appetites for bloodshed were discovered. Assume that I  am a fighter.

I  tend to keep secrets as a matter of course, but I will reveal everything if that is GM preference.
Ons/Offs

Annaamarth

So, I have a character concept with background and such PM'd in.  Awaiting approval/feedback.  I anticipate no problems.

I look forward to taking hits (and giving them back) for this group.
Ons/Offs

Sorrow Singer

is this game still looking for new players? or rather has it filled yet?

Annaamarth

So, I have a solid build and backgound but I'm still in the tweaking stage (for both flavour and effect).  Are the Unchained classes in use?
Ons/Offs

LisztesFerenc

If everyone who has showed interest so far submits a full character concept then the game will be full, but that hasn't quite happened yet.

Sorrow Singer

Sent you a sheet and concept as a PM, tell me what you think when you get a chance.