Game-On! (Renewed Interest)

Started by OHWceta, April 11, 2013, 11:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

ah, that's explains it. Portable is my preferred platform of gameplay. LOL. But that aside, even if you're not after the 3D (I can't keep it on much except for during cut scenes because of my nearsightedness) the graphics on it are amazing. So much detail. As good as Game Cube (some I even consider better). 

H'm, alrighty. I'm gonna see what I can come up with.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Ember Star

okay, I've got an idea in my head that I think I can grow on. The game is essentially a candyland version of Alice in Wonderland, specifically leaning towards the live action movie that Tim Burton did to give it an older darker feel (solving the problem of the kiddie game being too kiddie for adult RP). I don't have a name yet and I can write up a description if you want. But what do you think of the idea?
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

OHWceta

That sounds fantastic actually! Love it! Look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

OHWceta

Just another suggestion. There's certain parts of "Oz the Great and Powerful." That might also be cool to have.
Namely "China Town" where the people in that small region of the game world are all china dolls and the city is all dish, teacup, and silverware themed.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

Ember Star

Yep. I know. I may bring in elements of Oz too since I'm currently reading the Wizard of Oz.

Ember Star

okay, this is a rough draft that I won't in a way as if it was a advertisement for the game. Names of NPCs don't have to stick, especially if somebody comes along who wants to play one. I just wrote what came to mind.

Candy Pop Dream
First off this album has a few pictures of possible areas/levels/monsters and ect, along with the picture I'm using for Bubbles.

Join Bubbles La Tootsie in a epicly sweet adventure!

In the kingdom of Sugar Plum the Sour Tart Queen rules, though her reign has not been sweet. One little mistake and off with your head it shall be. With her army of candy shoulders, personal guard of licorice cards, and evil Strawberry Kids, none can resist her. Until Bubbles comes along, that is. Graced with unusual abilities and a hyper sugary sweet personality, shall it be her to end the Sour Tart Queen's evil reign? With the help of a few helpers, she might just.

OHWceta

I love it!

I'm thinking Pauline can play our "Turbo" in this case, if you've seen Wreck-It Ralph.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Pauline of course, was Mario's GF in "Donkey Kong", who was left out when Mario started going out with Peach in the Mario games. As her revenge she reprograms herself into the queen of another world to take over. Similar to how Turbo became King Candy in Sugar Rush
Unless you have objections.

Ember Star

Quote from: OHWceta on April 18, 2013, 03:03:38 PM
I love it!

I'm thinking Pauline can play our "Turbo" in this case, if you've seen Wreck-It Ralph.
Pauline of course, was Mario's GF in "Donkey Kong", who was left out when Mario started going out with Peach in the Mario games. As her revenge she reprograms herself into the queen of another world to take over. Similar to how Turbo became King Candy in Sugar Rush
Unless you have objections.
Yay!

yes I have seen it.

No objections there. Sounds good to me :)

OHWceta

I just need a character bio and we can work on the rest of the details once I'm done with work. I'll  are your info to my roster then as well.

Ember Star

I'll try Ans have her profile up tomorrow. Have RP I need to catch up today.

Do you already have threads up? If so, can I get links to them, please?

OHWceta

I'll have most of the threads up Sunday. post the bio here first and I'll let you know if it,s approved or needs editing. the approved version will go in the official thread once I make it.

see, right now my computer is down and my phone can't write elaborate posts. I generally borrow a computer on weekdays and Sundays. (No sat)

Ember Star

I use no computer at all. LOL. I only asked so I could take a peek at other peoples profiles before I made mine. I like reading them for solid examples

OHWceta

I do have the old thread from the previous version of this RP.

Apygoos, Major Major, and Tenshinhan were part of it as well.

Chasseybaby

Here is my character, kinda went in a different direction then what I was planning but started to like where it was taking me ^^ Let me know if I need to change anything Thanks!

Character Template:
Name: Bella St. Cloud
Appearance:
Relationship Status: Single, may act like she doesnt want a relationship but secretly urns for one
Orientation: Straight
Role: Side Character in an Action Role-Playing Open World Video Game
Affiliation: Hero
World: The Alchemy of the Bloodstone
In Victorian London, the Whitechapel section is a mechanized, steam-driven hell, cut off and ruled by two mysterious, mechanical gods-Mama Engine and Grandfather Clock. Some years have passed since the Great Uprising, when humans rose up to fight against the machines, but a few brave veterans of the Uprising have formed their own Resistance-and are gathering for another attack. For now they have a secret weapon that may finally free them-or kill them all…
Bella St. Cloud is a shy engineer who helps the Resistance to defeat the mechanical gods with her fast paced mechanic skills and smarts about machines and how they work. She is best described as silent and mousey, never really complaining or protests when a mission is requested of her. The odd one, she stands out in the group of rebels from her steam powered fairy wings that help her fly and move around her workshop. She plays a big part in the game when the player and her over hears a plot inside the Resistance about a Bloodstone that could enslave the humans and give the gods full power over the whole world. It’s the player’s job to search for clues to the whereabouts of the bloodstone and find it before the gods do. Bella helps the player with repairs and upgrades to their weapons and steampunk armor when they have returned from a mission outside of camp. She also accompanies the player on side missions within the Resistance to find the mole who is working for the gods and leaking information. Bella is very dependable and loyal to the cause since the loss of her older brother during the Upraise. In the end she is the last person sacrificed to activate the bloodstone, losing her heart as the player defeats the evil gods. But when they player destroys the stone instead of using it to rule the world does Bella become reborn as well as the others who died during the battle with the gods.

Bio
In-game: Bella was only ten when her brother Seth left to fight the gods. They were orphaned when their parents had died of illness and used what their inventor father taught them to survive on the streets. Seth was brilliant with ideas and inventions as Bella was even better at constructing them. They raised themselves up and started their own little repair shop till the Upraising. Seth was a headstrong type and wanted to fight to protect what he believed in. Timid Bella didn’t wish for her brother to fight but knew she could not stand her brother’s way of honor and pride. With a heavy heart she kissed her older brother good bye and that was the last she saw of him. The fairy wings was his last invention, a present for his sister’s birthday. She perfected them and wear them all the time to remind her of her brothers burning hope of freedom for her. She joined the Resistance and has been with them for the pass twelve years, helping in any way she can to bring justice to the loss of her brother.

Out-of-game: Out of game Bella is a completely different person from her programed character in game, but shows a few of the same believes and traits at times. Bella is incredibly intelligent and is capable of resolving complicated situations with great cleverness.  She is artistic, sarcastic, hot-headed and a rebel at heart. Bella also has a very bad temper. She is extremely dangerous when angered, partially due to her skill in hand to hand combat and partially because she can hold grudges for a very long time. She is also described as a drama queen, often saying whatever she thinks, without thinking about how it will affect others. She is mostly seen as an angry person, but she has been shown to be very sweet, thoughtful and funny personality. Bella occasionally will show a softer side and although she generally pushed other people away, rarely forming any close relationships with anyone, she is loyal to people she genuinely cares about. Hard to find friends to except her for who she is she turns to her hobbies of music and Art. She likes music mostly singing to herself as she works in her garage of odds and ends. She also loves Art and is often creating meaningful pieces or hanging her street art around the console with the tag name "ANgRY gIRL". Bella always seem to find trouble where ever she is but tends to slide by with her wit and charm. She doesn't bother with too many of the other players from the console, but wanders out to interact and get away from the drama of her own game.

OHWceta

I'm sorry to say....

Your character has been Approved!!!  ;D
I'll add her to the roster when I fix it on Sunday. I'll let you know when the official Thread for Approved characters is up.

OHWceta

I still need a Female Lead.
Also, waiting on 2 more bios. I'll add them to the roster once I confirm they're good to go and approve them.

Here's the official character Thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=171923.msg8095100#msg8095100
If I've approved your characters, feel free to post your bios there for easy access to all members.

I'll be working on the world thread next. We can start once I get word on our to prospective members' bios. (I'll have an OOC and RP thread up then.)

apygoos

is a female lead absolutely needed? something tells me that the reason why were having a hard time finding a female lead is because shes already something that is defined, everyone here so far has had a blast making their own character/world.

Ember Star

I'll get Bubbles done soon. Haven't had the time I thought I'd have to work on her

OHWceta

Quoteis a female lead absolutely needed? something tells me that the reason why were having a hard time finding a female lead is because shes already something that is defined, everyone here so far has had a blast making their own character/world.
There's a key plot point that involves her turning one of the villains over to the good side. But really that's the only thing I have officially defined for her as a character. We had one in the last RP but she dropped out pretty early.

So Ember Star is on standby for a full Bio but we've pretty much got Bubbles down as confirmed for the RP.
Still waiting on LeKinkyTaco's response to my PM to know if she's joining or not. We've also got  playfullchick76 going to submit a character.

BTW, can I please get everyone who's submitted a Bio so far to post their Bios in the Official Character Thread?

apygoos

Crimson's is already on there, iirc.

OHWceta

I created a new thread for the new cast.

So our new members don't have to sift through the old bios of members who dropped out.
The link is above

OHWceta

I've Made an official World Thread but it's largely incomplete.
I'll be adding more info soon, and I'll try to PM each of you within the week to set up individual worlds for your games.

I figure I'll set it up and let you guys bookmark it for now.

The World Information Thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=172232.msg8115045#msg8115045

apygoos

Yokaimon has the potential to be massive, ill start chipping away at it.

OHWceta

Sorry this thread seemed dead for a bit, it's been crazy busy with tests in all my classes this week.

Does anyone need help on their world?

I'll try to get some PMs out soon in regards to player worlds. I've just posted up worlds from my PCs, NPCs, and Villains.
If you have questions and would like me to expand further, just ask away, everything is still a work in progress. I'll try to start up the official RP this week.

OHWceta

Announcement:

Sorry Guys, Finals Weeks is rough on the brain. But I've finally gotten the OOC thread and RP thread up and running. Let the Games begin!

We'll start off slow, letting the characters get to know each other before we move into the main plotline of the story.
OOC Thread:   https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173343.0
RP Thread:      https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173345.0