Elliquiy's spam issues and the CBL [Mostly Likely Resolved]

Started by Inkidu, June 14, 2016, 02:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

So my dad just got denied from a website because our IP was deemed dangerous and CBL'd.

Now no one knows I'm really on E, but would its issues with being put on spam-lists get our home network put in the CBL? Or do I need to look more close to home? Because I'm not sure if my brother hasn't been doing something.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Kye

As far as I know it wouldn't have anything to do with Elliquiy.  It’s most likely you contracted a virus or BOTNET, typically via a malware-infected webpage. Run your virus and malware scans.  For the later I suggest Malwarebytes, but that's a personal preference.

Oniya

You can actually look up your IP address on the CBL and find out why it's blacklisted - and get it removed from the blacklist. There's a link on this page that takes you to a lookup and gives instructions.

http://www.abuseat.org/
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Okay, just checking. I ran all my stuff and I'm totally clean. I know it's not dad (because he doesn't really go far online).

So I went ahead and requested a de-listing. If we pop back up I'll know my brother is probably into some stuff and needs to get his computer scrubbed.

If it was me it probably has to do with a Steam game I finally got downloaded. It popped up a ransomware warning from the get go. Had it immediately nuked from my computer, but it might have been on long enough to get us listed. Reported it on Steam to. So we'll see.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Vekseid

Elliquiy has had no issues with spammer lists since leaving Ubiquity.

Even while at Ubiquity, our issues were limited solely to Outblaze and, at the tail end of that clusterfuck, Ubiquity got an entire /18 dropped into the SBL with us in it.

It was never targeted at Elliquiy at any point. I actually talked to the Outblaze people personally.

There were issues that caused trouble with specific ESPs. Most recently an error on Microsoft's part, and before that Google was having issues with our IPv6 allocation.

----

Nothing regarding us is going to have anything to do with you, however. How would we send stuff from your IP? Why would we do that if we could?

Inkidu

Quote from: Vekseid on June 14, 2016, 07:17:45 PM
Elliquiy has had no issues with spammer lists since leaving Ubiquity.

Even while at Ubiquity, our issues were limited solely to Outblaze and, at the tail end of that clusterfuck, Ubiquity got an entire /18 dropped into the SBL with us in it.

It was never targeted at Elliquiy at any point. I actually talked to the Outblaze people personally.

There were issues that caused trouble with specific ESPs. Most recently an error on Microsoft's part, and before that Google was having issues with our IPv6 allocation.

----

Nothing regarding us is going to have anything to do with you, however. How would we send stuff from your IP? Why would we do that if we could?

I just needed a no. I was simply ruling out stuff. I was just tying off loose ends so I could hunt down the issue, which I think I've nailed.