What's up with Yahoo?

Started by DemonessOfDeathValley, April 29, 2016, 11:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DemonessOfDeathValley

Since yesterday, Yahoo has been acting strangely.

I got 13 Maelor Daemon emails at about four in the afternoon and then I got this email FROM yahoo that I needed to try and reset my account. But there's a catch, I got a NEW phone number and I can't get that stupid little mobile phone code texted or sent to me. Because of this, I keep just going in circles trying to get into my account. It has me going around and around but it always comes back to the phone number that I no longer have access to. I've tried two different supposed customer service numbers that get me to technicians who want 110.00 dollar fees to help me get into my account. And when I tell them no, suddenly they can't help me and hang up with the number becoming 'cannot be completed as dialed'. Soooo yeah, SCAM alert there.

So, does this mean I have to get a new email address? Because it looks as if I'm not the only one. I found a string of comments on the Yahoo facebook page going back to yesterday with this same issue and doesn't seem like yahoo is really responsive.

~Approximate response time - 1-7 days plus ~ Muse cooperative~

The Dark Raven

Sounds like you've been hacked.  I would honestly go with anyone else but yahoo for an email account and set up a good strong password that you change on a routine basis.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

DemonessOfDeathValley

Quote from: The Dark Raven on April 29, 2016, 11:14:35 AM
Sounds like you've been hacked.  I would honestly go with anyone else but yahoo for an email account and set up a good strong password that you change on a routine basis.

It looks like I have been. I'm not the only one with this issue. I've already changed my email address and I'll be changing the password routinely.

AmberStarfire

If you go into your mail settings, you should be able to see the locations of the last IP addresses to access your account (and it may show full IPs).

I know those locations aren't always correct but it might help clarify if anyone has accessed your account that shouldn't.

I've had Yahoo account hacked before as well (before my current address), and it seems to be something that happens. :/

DemonessOfDeathValley

Ok, now there's another issue! Because my old email address got hacked and the account was subsequently locked  >:( I had to get a new Yahoo Messenger alias. Sooooo I used my new email address name. No biggie right?  WRONG!!!!! Because when I tried to add the only person I was going to add, it says that I'm signed in as (long string of letters and numbers >Insert yahoo alias<). And when go to send them a message, it asks me which alias I want to use, the actual name or the long string of letters of numbers. Now, my friend is trying their best to accept my request and they accepted both names but I can't get a message from them at all.

Using a different service isn't an option. So, does anyone know why this is happening or possibly a fix for this issue? Thank you in advance.

AmberStarfire

I really don't know, Demoness.

You could try using Trillian and setting up Yahoo through that instead of using the YIM client (which is what I do), but you shouldn't need to. Maybe your friend could send you a friend request and you could add them, and then try replying to them that way?

As far as I know, your YIM username is usually the first part of your email before the @ sign.

DemonessOfDeathValley

AmberStarfire

It's like YIM except you have ...

okay basically it's a program that lets you set up lots of different chat accounts in one program (like YIM, even Facebook chat I think and a tonne of others if you want to). You have the Trillian network, which is.. basically your average type of chat program/network in and of itself. However, you can add other accounts to it, like your YIM and use it instead of YIM's own client.

I just open it, click on the Trillian symbol and go to manage accounts then add account. It's not too bad.

DemonessOfDeathValley

Unfortunately, Trillian didn't work.

But, I found a working solution. Instead of using a yahoo app. I went to a website Messenger.Yahoo.com and signed in with my yahoo ID there and EUREKA! It worked. So that's the solution I found.