Interest/Sign-up Thread: The Triangle [Star Trek][Open][Need players]

Started by GloomCookie, October 16, 2018, 08:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

The year is 2270, and the United Federation of Planets welcomes home the U.S.S. Enterprise, sent on a 5-year missions to explore the edges of Federation space. The mission was a resounding success, cataloging numerous first contacts and discovering strange phenomena across the newly charted space. Captain James T. Kirk is lauded as perhaps the greatest Captain in a generation, and serious talk is underway at Starfleet Command about promotion to Admiral.

Yet even while the Enterprise is celebrated, there are numerous concerns. Tensions with the Klingon Empire are deteriorating yet again, while the Romulans begin to eye territories along the edges of the Federation/Romulan Neutral Zone. The two Empires share a common border with the United Federation of Planets: The Triangle. Home to numerous groups from all three stellar empires, the area is a den of illegal trade, making it a prime target for groups like the Orion Syndicate to expand operations without the rules and regulations that normally hinder them.

Starfleet Naval Intelligence is becoming concerned that with the rumors of the Klingons and Romulans trading technology, their interest in joining forces against the Federation might increase as well. Already, Klingon and Romulan transmissions have increased from within the Triangle, hinting at possible enemy involvement in the area. With tensions mounting, Starfleet has chosen to reinforce Starbase 13, located on the edge of Federation territory closest to the Triangle, with three vessels: the U.S.S. Hannibal (Saladin-Class Destroyer), U.S.S. Halcyon (Avenger-Class Destroyer), and U.S.S. Saratoga (Constitution-class Cruiser).

This is where you come in. The Saratoga is due to ship out for Starbase 13 in a matter of days as she completes her final fitting out at the San Francisco Yards. Her captain and senior staff have already been selected, but a contingent of younger officers is still being rounded up from fresh Academy cadets, along with her normal contingent of enlisted personnel. Report for duty, and good luck cadet.

About

Greetings all! I'm throwing my hat in again for a Star Trek story, this time focused on some of the missions in the Triangle based off the old FASA lore. Don't worry if you've never heard of it, I'm mostly using it for a bit of flavor.

Some things you need to know:
1. This game takes place in the 23rd Century after Captain Kirk and crew have returned home. It is very unlikely you'll meet any of them in person, as they're celebrities and probably spending a lot of time on Federation talk-show programs talking about their adventures.

2. You will be junior officers stationed aboard the U.S.S. Saratoga, one of the Mark II Constitution class ships. That means she's a little more advanced than the Enterprise when she left the Yards, but not by much. They'd mainily ironed out some of the kinks in production and updated a few systems, but little else.

3. This is based on the FASA timelines, and so Enterprise and Discovery have not happened. Relations between the members of the Federation are peaceful but at times can get rocky, though never enough to come to blows. Everyone has opinions and thoughts, and you'll see this in game as your fellow crew react to current events. The Klingons are going to be honor-bound but also willing to engage in subterfuge and cleaver tricks, and the Romulans have their own honor but are also sworn to secrecy.

If you have questions or concerns, please let me know. I'll be happy to talk about anything you want in regards to the game. If all goes well, I'd like to launch the game sometime around Halloween or maybe early November.

See ya around!
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

keyotess

By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

Angel Fire

I would be asking the same question.

Been a long time since I went back to my roots in Star Trek but I will be all over this if more interest comes! *Smiles*
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

BlueEyedBard

I would also like to throw my interest into this game.
I always enjoy playing a member of the medical staff, in a Star Trek game!
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

GloomCookie

Quote from: keyotess on October 16, 2018, 10:59:46 PM
So the players will be going on Away missions? 
Yes, as well as normal shipboard operations, though these will be more of a downtime kind of thing in a separate thread. The heart of the game takes place during missions when you'll be doing stuff aboard the ship.

Quote from: Angel Fire on October 16, 2018, 11:16:08 PM
I would be asking the same question.

Been a long time since I went back to my roots in Star Trek but I will be all over this if more interest comes! *Smiles*
Hope you decide to join :D

Quote from: Carly on October 16, 2018, 11:21:21 PM
will there be smut ? and can I choose a hermaphrodite as a character ?
I'm hoping this game is like... 90% plot. I mean, smut could happen but it's definitely not the focus.

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on October 17, 2018, 11:24:46 AM
I would also like to throw my interest into this game.
I always enjoy playing a member of the medical staff, in a Star Trek game!
Paging Dr. Blue Eyes!
My DeviantArt

BlueEyedBard

"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
On/Off

Dominique

I really like this, so I'm gonna stand here in this little corner pretending I know a lot about Star Trek ::)

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: Dominique on October 18, 2018, 09:05:52 AM
I really like this, so I'm gonna stand here in this little corner pretending I know a lot about Star Trek ::)
Just remember, the key is, don't wear the red shirt!
If they try to get you to wear it, you throw it away and run!
On/Off

Valyndriel

I would likely be interested! I'd probably play an Andorian who mostly wants to be a diplomat and xenoanthropologist but also has a background with more militaristic pursuits due to her service in the Andorian guard before joining Starfleet.

GloomCookie

Quote from: Dominique on October 18, 2018, 09:05:52 AM
No worries! I promise I won't bombard you with lore. Remember, you're explorers! You're encountering new stuff for the first time!

Quote from: Aprrrl on October 18, 2018, 03:16:08 PM
I would likely be interested! I'd probably play an Andorian who mostly wants to be a diplomat and xenoanthropologist but also has a background with more militaristic pursuits due to her service in the Andorian guard before joining Starfleet.
Ooo I like it! I love the idea of people with interesting backgrounds exploring new pursuits.
My DeviantArt

GloomCookie

Ok peepses time to put a little more info down and ask questions.

Races:

There are 4 major races in the United Federation of Planets, along with a handful of smaller ones.

Andorians
A blue-skinned humanoid race, Andorians are best known for their antennae and white hair.  Andoria is a moon that is covered in perpetual glaciers, giving the average Andorian extreme resistance to the cold. They are some of the best ship builders in the galaxy, often competing with Human firms for the rights to build Federation starships. Most Andorians view the world through a somewhat martial lens, with the duty of every Andorian being to serve the greater society through action. This view of duty often leads Andorians to pursue a career either in the Merchant Marine (the main logistical division of Starfleet) as well as security officers aboard several postings.

Humans
The youngest on the galactic scene, most humans are still learning their way around the chaotic universe they've found themselves in. Survivors of atomic war, famine, disease, and countless other horrors thrown at them, most humans are survivors, and pragmatic ones at that. They have colonized numerous worlds, much to the annoyance of their neighbors, though their ability to approach almost any situation with determination and a willing attitude has made them the lovable younger cousins to most races. They are also hosts to the Federation Council in Paris, giving them a level of influence far beyond their youthful status among the other Federation members.

Tellarites
The term pig-headed wasn't originally meant to describe Tellarites but it certainly fits. The Tellarites are some of the best engineers in the Federation along with being, ironically enough, some of the best diplomats. They stand slightly shorter than the average human and tend to open and close all discussions with insults and arguments. Their view on politics is to argue every point until all points have been addressed, meaning even the most under represented have a say in the due process. While they themselves do not build starships, their agreements with Andoria and Earth provide raw materials that the Tellarites always seem to find in abundance.

Vulcans
Logical to a fault, Vulcans are some of the best diplomats in the galaxy, yet still find ways to annoy every species around them. Hailing from the planet Vulcan, a hot desert world, Vulcans have learned to suppress emotions in favor of cold hard logic. Most Vulcans are peaceful and pacifists by nature, which has led to tension from the other powers during times of war when Vulcans sometimes refused to help, even threatening to leave the Federation over their ideals. Their primary contribution towards the Federation is a strong research institute, the Vulcan Science Academy, which has developed numerous advancements towards the whole of the Federation and continues to do so on a regular basis.

Divisions

There are primarily 3 divisions in the Fleet, though most have other divisions working under their umbrella.

Tactical
Comprised of navigation, helm, and command, tactical is the one branch where most of the action happens. Most tactical officers are trained in a number of fields, mainly in command and fighting. They are the physical of the three branches, and are often the career branch of choice for young officers looking to eventually make it to command.

Operations
The most numerous of the crew, operations includes everything from engineering to security. The men and women in red do their best to handle the countless day to day requirements of Starfleet facilities, and aren't afraid to step up to the plate when necessary to take command and do what must be done.

Sciences
The brains of the entire fleet, the Sciences focus on everything from studying strange new phenomena to treating the ailments a crew is often exposed to. They wear blue and maintain numerous laboratories to study the strange and bizarre that is common when exploring the frontiers of space.
My DeviantArt

BlueEyedBard

Hehe, well this may be a little expected. But I'd be going for a human in blue, over here ^•^
On/Off