Fantasy/speculative fic based ideas/fandom

Started by Maiz, May 08, 2012, 10:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maiz

I have ran into some free time so I want to start up some roleplays. I'm looking for plot heavy roleplays. Look at my ons/offs before messaging me! Also all of these plots are can any sort of character romance types but most of them call fore more than one character each which means a variety of characters and possibilities.

Please PM me if you're interested. :)

ideas:
Craving

Final Fantasy XII: I've been replaying the game and I've been thinking about having a roleplay set in it. Only, instead of using characters of the series, of having a role play set in the past. Perhaps of King Raithwall's time? Or even before? Because whenever I play the game, I think, who built the cave palace? or the bridges in the salikawood? and things like that. ?/? Could be any.

Doomed: Two women fall in love love despite how much of a Bad Idea it is. Perhaps they are enemies, or they are part of a religious group that is now being persecuted. Basically they try to make it work, but it's not going to. So there's a lot of angst and tears and perhaps a lingering possibility of a relationship working out.  Maybe they are in opposite gangs or factions and they discover that perhaps they are not so different at all, or that there is a puppet master pulling their strings. This would ideally be equal parts angst and political intrigue.F/F

Typical Fantasy: I'm really craving just a fluffy feel good, dramatic fantasy type deal. Maybe a knight and a magician  go on a quest and run into lots of love, betrayal, feelings of doom, etc etc. Just some standard ideas to mess around with.

Vampires: I'm craving some silly dramatic vampire stuff too. Maybe some doomed romances or something. I had this thought about vampires involved in a war amongst humans and it made me wonder- why would someone piss off another immortal being? I don't know. Maybe something exploring vampire power relationships and interaction with humans could be interesting.

Other:

Fantasy: I've been wanting a fantasy quest/chosen one type of roleplay for a while, where the band of heroes meet all sorts of interesting things along the way. I do not want this to be the standard vaguely Tolkien, vaguely European and vaguely Medieval type of thing though. I would rather go a scifi route and deconstruct gender/race/etc issues in this. (This doesn't mean  this has to be a roleplay about critical race/feminist theory, but rather instead of a bunch of white people succeeding w/European setting, it's different or women being in charge is no big deal, etc.) I was thinking for this, perhaps a small band of heroes could go on a standard quest, only it turns out to be something larger than they had expected.

Italian Renaissance: I don't have a solid plot for this, but perhaps something that gives insight to family rivalries, courtesans, assassins, the Silk Trade, and women's roles would be fun. I'm not sure what kind of exact plot for this. It's still in the thinking stage, but if you have any ideas feel free to tell me and we can bounce off each other. M/F, M/M, or F/F, anything really

Science fiction-fantasy: Something I've been musing about for a while. I'm interested in making a setting that encompasses both scifi and fantasy elements. Maybe magic in space. I'm not sure. Let me know if you're interested.

Homestuck: maybe. obviously characters would be aged up to their 20s. maybe post game or au. idk. just a thought.

sstone72

Hi,
I read your o/o's and woud like to discuss what you havein mind for a role play.

Xoxoxo
Sarah

Maiz

Maiz

Maiz

Maiz

Expanded an idea (Doomed) and got rid of some stuff