Just another jokey joke.

Started by Inkidu, August 28, 2008, 05:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

So this engineer dies and he's up at the pearly gates. Well he gets up to St. Peter and the gatekeeper takes a look at the books. "Sorry," St. Peter says, "But you're not on my books. You'll have to got see Lucifer."
Well pretty much out of luck the engineer goes to see Satan and the prince of darkness takes a gander at his roster.
"You're not on my books either." he says, "But I can always use another person."
So the engineer goes to hell.

When he gets there he realizes that it's hot. So he sits down and scratches up some plans.
He drains the sulfurous swamps.
Gets water running in aqueducts. Puts in some lakes.
A natural spring, and a golf course or two.
All and all, he makes hell a nice place to spend eternity.

Well St. Peter looks down into hell one day and calls up Satan. "There was a mistake in booking, he's supposed to be in heaven."
"You can't have him." the devil says, "He made this place decent to live in."
"If you don't." the gatekeeper says, "Well sue you.'

The devil snorts and replies, "Yeah like you've got any lawyers up there."
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Mathim

That's a really, really good one. I mean, it's ironic on a lot of levels. It's not just at the end where you laugh, that's what's cool about it.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Zoe Twinscythe

Always remember to keep your books straight kids, you might pass up someone very important if you don't.

Cute joke.